TwilightMoonDragon

Shadows: Whisper | Assassin's Creed

Cullen smiled. "We'll return with the Jagaur." He said. He walked away and retrieved his weaponry. He tested the hidden blade and smiled wider at it's 'shink's. "Garrett. How's your tracking?" His was mediocre at best. He might know how to navigate but he didn't exactly do a lot of hunting, ironic weapon choice aside. "I hope you're good. I'm not." It was a good thing to admit things like this. It humanizes leaders to their men. And until he was told otherwise, he was leading this excursion. "Here's my idea, though. We move through the trees until we find the beast. We lay a trap and one of us dive on it, just like a normal assassination."

Roberts was recounting memories to himself in Borneo as he stirred a soup. He'd been here before. The cannibals on the island weren't a fan that he'd come to claim the island. But he'd kept this to himself. The men were being punished for being stupid. He'd do the same thing in Ceto's position. Sipping his soup, he shrugged. He needed a fresh tongue. He loved his cooking, but he also spent the last decade drinking cheap wine, so his palate might not be exactly the most sophisticated anymore. He noticed Theresa in the mess hall and he called, "Hey! First mate! C'mere a minute. Try this. Wanna know what you think." She was perfect, too. He imagined she maintained a refined palate. Even if he was behind the serving spoon.

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett raised an eyebrow as he walked from the tent. Tracking? A hoarse chuckle came from his throat, and he shook his head. "I know nothing about tracking. Tracking assassination targets, yes. But that's because everyone talks too much." he sighed as he slid the sword he owned into its sheathe. He glanced at Cullen. "So, do you know anything about hunting a jaguar? I guess it's looking at its poop. And carcasses..." he didn't know how a jaguar looked like. Was it like a leopard? He had seen a leopard pelt before. It was dappled with different shades of amber and yellow. If it was yellow, then it would be easy to catch it. He sighed, crossing his arms and walking into the forest. He couldn't get over how dense it was. It was almost suffocating. He caught a glance at a snake, emerald in color with white dappled on its back. He had to admit, the animals were pretty here. The birds, the mammals, and the fish. "It's so pretty here. I wonder if they keep any of the animals as pets."

Cullen Reid

"I doubt it." Cullen said. Many books on the tropics stressed the dangers of the wildlife. He followed Garrett into the jungle and found a good tree. Taking a running start he found himself up in the leaves. "I'm not sure hat it looks like. I've never seen one. I've read, though, that they're similar to tigers." He hopped a few trees ahead and said, "This foliage is really dense." It wasn't helping his line of sight. He came down and added, "We'll have to do this on foot. All I know is we're probably looking for a cave." That was the most logical conclusion. No beast would just sleep in the woods. Especially if it was a loner.

Garrett Hemsworth

A bird chirped in the distance. Garrett perked, a frown on his lips. That was the strangest bird call that he ever heard! The two made their way deeper into the forest, where it was darker. Not even the sunlight was able to completely go through the leaves. He walked deeper into the forest, where there were more animals. Then, he heard something. A rustle, a footstep. Garrett paused. The noise paused as well. Garrett frowned and pressed closer to Cullen, not because he was afraid, but because if it was the jaguar it would be harder to attack. A growl sounded, a low guttural growl that sent chills through his spine. The jaguar... it was hunting for them. Large, green eyes shone in the darkness, and then came the flash of fangs. In a blur, the beast leapt out at them, screeching. Garrett cried out as its claws just barely missed his chest. Staggering back, he drew his sword and lashed out. The jaguar screeched again, it's tail lashing to and fro, and ducking out of the way.

[The jaguar is NPC.]

Cullen Reid

Cullen didn't ask when Garrett pressed close. He'd heard the rustling too and was just as concerned. He drew his bow slowly and when the jaguar leapt at them he kicked to force himself backwards. In the heat of the moment, he nocked and aimed. Once he released the arrow, it slammed itself and split the beast's flesh. It's strike caused a grand roar from the jaguar and it turned to Cullen. He dropped his bow that instant and drew his sword but he wasn't faster than the black terror. It bolted towards him and he caught it, managing to stab it with his hidden blade twice. He was forced to the ground and he screamed in pain as the jaguar tore at his arm. In anger and adrenaline, he stabbed it in the eye and twisted until he was sure it was injured greatly. They struggled for another minute before Cullen managed to land a punch on it's nose and it jumped off. Cullen was in bad shape but adrenaline filled his veins and he shouted, "Garrett! Now!" They had only a second before it ran or went after Garrett.

Garrett Hemsworth

The huge black cat was vicious. It went after Cullen, teeth and claws flashing after one of his arrows had been embedded in his fur. The beast bit into his arm, and the flourish of blood flashed in his vision. The crunch of bone ran in his ears, and the two wrestled wildly. The jaguar bounded away after a moment, and it was when Cullen spoke up. Now. Garrett shot forward and slid out his hidden blade. Metal met fur, bone, and heart. Out pf reflex, the large cat spun around and aimed to bite him. But before it could, it died and fell to the floor. Garrett panted wildly when he finished, and raised his gaze to Cullen. He was mortally wounded. Now what? Something told him. At the very back of his mind was the thought. Leave him. He could have Abe. Have what he wanted more than his life. He could say that Cullen had died when he tried to patch up his wounds. Garrett got to his feet, eyes glazing over with a dark light. It would be flawless. He stayed there, staring at him for a while, taking a step back, as debating whether he should leave or not.

Cullen Reid

Cullen was putting pressure on his arm to help stop the bleeding. His legs were scratched up but overall fine, really, it was the arm that was the issue, but some veins had been slashed and he was bleeding heavily. As the adrenaline cooled off, he looked up a Garrett and rasped, "I need a doctor. Badly." His eyes were hazy as he looked at the man. "I'm not so sure I can stand up." He added. He knew he could walk, but he couldn't do much for standing. The tribe had a doctor, or with doctor, or medicine man, or whatever. There had to be someone with medical skills. One at least, for the tribe. Why was Garrett not helping him up? He might have pieced that one together but he was woozy.

Garrett Hemsworth

Watching as the blood pooled under Cullen's arm, Garrett took another step back. The man didn't know what do to. Should he help him? Should he give Cullen another chance? Or should he leave? Have his dream in having Abe? Hold Abigail in his arms forever, kiss her, love her? Garrett took yet another step back, and he suddenly took off. He ran through the forest, over branches and through a stream. Garrett leapt out of the stream and ran back to camp. Rapidly asking for the medicine man, he rushed to the herb scented hut. After dragging the poor medicine man away from his home, he led him through the stream and to Cullen again. The medicine man gasped and rushed forward, touching his arm and glancing up at Garrett. "I will do what I can. Then bring back to the tribe and make him rest. Now, he no move. Could get hurt more."

Cullen Reid

Cullen watched Garrett and was shocked. If he was anymore, he'd go into shock. "*censorkip.gif**." He said. "*censorkip.gif**!" How dare he leave him here!? How dare he leave him to die!? He was bleeding out in the jungle! That... That horny censorkip.gif***! He was going to let him die and take Abe! For the first time in his life he wished someone went to Hell. But when all seemed lost, Garrett re-appeared with the medicine man. He was almost confused. He was grateful, repenting and happy all at the same time. If he wasn't bleeding out he might have been a little more clear headed, and not be riding an emotional roller coaster. But as it is with wounds. "The bone, it's cracked, I can feel it. It doesn't look like a lot of the tissue or muscle is gone but it's deep." He told the man. His gaze turned to Garrett and it said, 'thank you'.

Edited by Dusset

Garrett Hemsworth

He couldn't sleep again. There was a thought in his mind, one that yelled at him for be stupid and insane. There had been his chance, his chance to have what he wanted for once! That woman that had smiled at him and said his heart was soft. Maybe that was why he was not able to leave him there. Because... what if he were in his place? In pain, bleeding, dying, looking up at a brother and begging for aid and they just leave to take your woman? Garrett's teeth steadily worked under the skin of his jaw as he whittled a small jaguar from a piece of wood that he found. He was always adept with his hands, he figured. He sighed as he cut out the small paws and the ears of the wooden wild cat. It was a crude shape, but he believed it was cute. He had done it in a rush. Garrett had been sitting in the middle of the camp for a while now, just avoiding people. It was only just recently that he had picked up a knife and began to whittle. Garrett smiled a bit as he cut out of the tail of the beast as well. Maybe he would keep this one, as a memoir.

Cullen had been in the medicine man's hut since they returned. He'd passed out shortly after they'd returned to him in the jungle. There was supposed be some celebration the next day, since Cullen was out of it. When he came back he was drowsy. He was instructed to drink lots of water and he did. His injuries didn't stop some of the more forward women from bringing his a necklace of the jaguar's teeth. He thanked them and sent them away, to their dismay. He dawned the necklace out of good faith, it wasn't his style. After a bit, he stood up and rolled his good right arm. Walking out of the hut he saw Garrett. He decided to walk over and sit down across from him. "Garrett." He said. "I know there's friction between us. I can do nothing for it. I'm sorry. But I want to thank you. I thought you abandoned me. I did. But I shouldn't have. That's ridiculous. We're brothers. Regardless what comes between us, we're going to look out for each other. I'd say I owe you one but I don't. There's no reason to owe someone when you've both made a promise to the brotherhood. To have each other's back. Thank you."

Edited by Dusset

Mary

"You'd only like it because it's land." Mary joked, smiling as she spoke. He never seemed happy on the ship, but maybe that had more to do with who was the Quartermaster than the ship itself. "Hey, maybe someday we could live somewhere cool. Not Italy, though. Italy's stupid."

Theresa

Initially, Theresa was suspicious of Roberts. She hadn't talked with him much, but he seemed like a rude, drunken old man. However, he was asking him to taste his soup. She looked up at him, back at the soup, and tentatively took a sip. "Not bad."

[Computer's dying and I'm tired.]

Allen noticed Mary over to the side, talking to some man he'd yet to have the courtesy to meet. He smiled and walked over, just in time to hear her say Italy was stupid. He looked at her, almost genuinely insulted. He walked over next to her, leaning on the side of boat. "Hey, now. Italy is home." he said, looking out at the island nearby. The sea was beautiful and the sky even more so as it was reflected in the sea shining brilliance. He looked over at the other man and grinned, his eyes closing from the force. "Nice to meet you. I'm Allen Moretti." he told him, trying to be friendly.

Garrett Hemsworth

At last, the small statue was done. It was the jaguar standing and lashing a paw out at something. He enjoyed making it, since he wanted to be busy with his hands. As he looked over it, a womab came over and presented him a dark pelt. It was the jaguar, but they had torn off its fur and skin to make some sort of covering. Garrett gladly accepted it, grinning. It was gorgeous, the black coat was obviously dappled with darker splashes of black. It would keep him warm below deck, and it was soft to the touch. The woman grinned back at him and Garrett held out the small statue. These people would appreciate it more than him. She took it and bowed, saying thank you in a thick accent before dashing off. He folded up the pelt and gently put it in his pack. He would definitely use it. Suddenly, Cullen approached, donning a necklace of jaguar teeth. He paused, frowning at him with an eyebrow quirked. "It was no problem. It's not that big of a deal." his voice was soft and he looked down at the ground. What would have happened if he had left Cullen? He would probably be dead by now, and Garrett couldn't see himself letting someone die for his own reason.

Robert "Robb" DuBois

Did she just say that she wanted to live with him? Or maybe she didn't, and he just took it that way. Either way, his cheeks flushed red, and he quickly looked over the ocean again. Robb was never like his father, never curling up with a glass of wine and a few women in bed. No, he was the true gentleman; if he were to like a woman, he would court her with flowers and chocolates, never through touches or kisses. Until he was sure that she was in love with him, of course, or until he was driven to last resort. But he had been the man that had taken away her purity, and she took away his. Even though he could not remember most of it, he wished he did. A man came over, commenting to Mary and saying that Italy was his home. And then, he turned toward Robb, eyes closed in a powerful smile. He gazed at him, a frown on his face. Then, his eyes narrowed suspiciously. Who was this man? He was obviously not here before. Either way, he shook his hand and pulled away quickly. "Robert DuBois. Though everyone calls me Robb." he said, shoving his hands into his pockets and glancing at Mary uncomfortably. His face had returned to its usual deadpanned self.

Cullen Reid

Cullen smirked at Garrett. He could think whatever he wanted, but considering the circumstances, Cullen was grateful. "Come on. There are supposed to be some festivities, no? He said as he stood back up. "We didn't kill that thing for a couple trinkets." Little did Cullen know they'd be initiated into the tribe. The Jaguar was their test to see whether or not they could be trusted and weren't going to try and kill the tribe in their sleep. "Besides. I've been told repeatedly that Jaguar is delicacy. If it was that fierce it has to be pretty good right?" Considering it nearly killed him, he was excited to see.

The Dread Pirate, Roberts

Roberts sneered. "Not bad?" He took a sip himself and shut his eyes, his sneer deepening. "Ugh. That needs spice." He took the pot back to the stove and added a little of that, a bit of that and some of that one, too. "What brings you to my lonesome corner of the ship?" He called over his shoulder. "Normally I just get punks who want to snag some extra grub before anyone else gets to it." He kept his machete on the table by the stove just to intimidate. It didn't always work but his mastery at throwing the thing did. He always aimed for a barrel or crate. Never wanted to hit the hull. He'd lost a ship to stupidity like that once. Damn fine vessel it was, too.

Garrett Hemsworth

"Jaguar? Eating jaguar?" he frowned. "I did not even know there was a celebration."

[Watching the Nativity. ]

Allen felt the sting as he noticed the man seem to change as Allen entered the picture. Right then. He felt welcomed. "Nice to meet you, Robert." He said, trying to hide how hurt he felt. He took in a deep breath and looked back out to the ocean. He felt that by walking over here he'd made things awkward for the both of them. Maybe... Maybe he shouldn't have. Oh well, too late now. He turned around, the ocean to his back now, his elbows resting on the wall of the ship.

"So, how long have you two been on the crew?" He asked, trying his best to make conversation. He felt a bit akin to the ugly duckling no one wanted to have anything to do with and he had to admit, it wasn't a good feeling. Though, these people had a right to not trust him. He did just kind of... pop in unannounced. And he was a born Templar. He thought it was stupid though. Just because his father had these ideals didn't mean he had to. He did love his father though. He was a good man despite being a bit misguided. He began to wonder how his mother and sister were doing...

Ambra Neirum

The sunset over the sea was very beautiful. Ambra sat on one of the railings, gazing out over the water. No one really paid much attention to her, as she was just a scholar. The pad that she wrote and drew in were to her left as she breathed in the salty sea air. Sometimes she wondered what was beyond Italy. And here it was. Warm climates, tropical islands. She smiled, running a hand through her loose hair. It was then that she pulled out a small book and began to doodle in that one as well. Birds, lions... but the most she liked to draw was people. She did not mind if they were in the nude- in fact, she rather enjoyed it. A person's anatomy was very intriguing. Someone had warned her that she might become as crazy as Da Vinci. She didn't mind that either. She took it as a compliment, actually. Imagine that! Ambra Neirum, the next Da Vinci! She blushed at her own internal excitement and continued to doodle. This time she sketched out the island.

((Oh my. I have been slacking.))

"Yeah. The doc was telling me about it. I'm thinking we can get the treasure and get out of here after it." Cullen said as he grinned. "As for the jaguar. I didn't think we were gonna eat it either. But the chief was telling us about that before we left, remember?" He started to move away towards the crowding natives. "I think we should at least attend." And maybe one of the women might cheer up Garrett. He knew that was a long shot but still. He'd heard Poppy had tried to pull him under the sheets with her but he denied her. That woman had given Cullen states before, too. He thought she needed a little God, but that wasn't for everyone and he wasn't a missionary. "The sooner we leave, the better, right?"

"Beautiful sunset." Aero said walking to the railing and leaning over the edge. "Red sky at night, sailors delight." He said looking out at the vast ocean. The breeze blew through his long blond hair and kept it out of his face. His light blue eyes reflected the light of the red sky and gave it a fiery glow. He turned to Ambra and looked at the pad in her hand. "So what're you doing here all alone? Better question, why are you always by yourself, have you not tried to get better acquainted with others?" He asked.

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett listened to what Cullen said. So, after the celebration they would be able to get the treasure? His heart leapt for joy. Finally he could be in his own bed again! "I want to get back on the Sista Viska as soon as possible. Nothing like sleeping in your own bunk." he commented, walking to the gathering crowd with Cullen. There was a heavenly aroma wafting in the air, and he breathed it in. Who knew that jaguar smelled so good? He pressed closer to the people and gazed over their heads. He was a tall one, after all. There stood the chief of the tribe, announcing something or other.

"My brothers and sisters, today we gather here to celebrate the slaying of the beast who once preyed upon us!" Garrett had to admit that the chief had a smooth voice. "Let us drink and dance and feast as much as we can! Let us celebrate the two who have saved our lives!" the chief turned toward them and waved them over.

Ambra Neirum

First were the light strokes of the pencil. The strokes that outlined the rays of sunshine and the ripples of water. The lines that embraced the island with all of its might. The soft, sandy beach and the dense forest. And then she would shade it in. She would draw the long and slender shadows of the palms. The shadow of the contrasting sun. The darkest shadows between the trees. Suddenly, someone came over. She recognized Aero, from her time in Rome. He was the Assassin master, one that she revered. "I do not mean to offend, master." she got to her feet and saluted. Was he angry because she was very shy? She knew she should have opened up more. She kept her hand clasped on her chest and her head down. She would remain that way until she was told to relax. "I am simply shy. Many of the men here simply want to drink and fight and lay with woman, master. I'd rather not get involved with that."

Mary

She watched as back and forth the two talked, mildly worried. Robb had suddenly withdrawn, especially since Allen had suddenly joined in. She'd seen him blush, and was going to pursue the topic further, but then Allen walked in and started asking a lot of questions. "Nah, I've been there my whole life. Maybe I'd go to France. I'd drink wine and eat crab all day." May said. "Besides, there's no need to be all formal. We've already met." she smiled, wondering if the boys were competing to see who was more macho. "Also, where would you want to go? Anywhere's possible, not just the island." she stared off at the island, wondering if there would even be a place where Robb would show more emotion or laugh around strangers. She wondered why he was so silent with his father, she was kind of jealous. At least he had one, but then again... she would want the kind in fairy tales, where he would always be there for the child.

Theresa

"Eh, wanted to be somewhere quiet for once. Too much noise and drama abovedeck. Figured that it would be quieter down here. Guess I was mostly right." Theresa said, slightly amused. "A machete?" she moved over to the sword, picking it up and inspecting it with slight amusement on her features. "I hope you aren't planning on using it anytime soon. It's so dull that it won't cut butter." she placed it back onto the table, shaking her head. She snorted and moved back to her crude teapot and teacup. She could still hear Roberts, but she didn't really want to be in his way. He was busy with dinner anyway. She knew nothing about how to cook, well, she had once. She kind of deleted that information a long time ago though. The last time she made something... the crew almost had a mutiny.

((*cough*Cullennevertriedtogetinherpants*cough*

Woah. That was a doozy.))

Cullen smiled as the chief spoke. He liked the scent. It was melodic and fun to hear. The man waved them over and he obliged. He stood in front of the chef and held out his good hand to shake, "Thank you, chief. You didn't need to throw a whole celebration for one jaguar, though." His humility stayed even when faced with such praise. "But I can't wait to partake. The food smells lovely and music is exciting."

((Night.))

Roberts grinned. "That sure isn't for cooking." Roberts said, merriment in his voice. "I like to keep it around in case some cabin boy thinks he can snatch a premature roll. Might lose a finger. You eat as a crew or you don't eat at all. It keeps the crew pacified. Bonds'em." He knew a thing or two. "Besides. I throw the thing more than I cut with it. Nobody ever told you the most dangerous blade is a full one?" For the user, that is. Still, though. "I'd sharpen it but for the life of me I can't find a grindstone on the boat. I haven't looked too hard, but there isn't one out in the open."

((Ninja'd. Edited.))

Edited by Dusset

Aero chuckled when he saw how formal she was being. He placed his hand on her head and shook it (his hand not her had xd.png) playfully. "We're a long way from Italy, disciple, and we've been away for a long time." He said putting his hand back at his side and leaning against the railing again. He remained facing towards her but turned his gaze back to the ocean. "Loosen up and skip the formalities, I'm not your superior out here unless the safety of everyone depends on me to be. So you can just call me Aero." He said looking back at her and smiling. "But I must say, that's a bit of an unfair judgement. Most men here just want to drink. The latter is only caused by the former." He chuckled. He swung his arm up and gave her a quick pat on her shoulder. "Loosen up and relax a little. Be yourself and just talk to someone. Like you are with me."

Garrett Hemsworth

Garrett smiled as the chief spoke. It was the first time he smiled in a while. "You should simply sit and eat. There is no need for questions." The chief said.

Robert "Robb" DuBois

The man narrowed his eyes. "I have been here for all of my life as well." he said. "And I'd go anywhere. I don't have any preferences. "

Ambra Neirum

Ambra ducked her head and flushed. "I... rather be by myself, though. I'm not good with strangers."

[Concerns.]