Princess Kiara

Sherlock-TONS OF SPOILERS!

What is your favorite Sherlock episode?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My friend and I figured it out. We know how it happened and now all we have to do is wait until fall 2013 to either have our solution proved or disproved.

Also, screencap of the corpse that isn't sherlock. That looks a bit like moffat in a wig to me.

GAH BIG IMAGE

Edited by kiffren

I want to know so badly but I haven't been able to watch it anywhere yet. I really want to know if my theory was correct!!!

Now we know. Although it is a bit too complicated for my taste biggrin.gif

Not really. We don't know if that's actually true. And it's probably better off that way. tongue.gif

Any comments on the last episode? I don't agree with a couple things, mostly - HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD Sherlock killing in cold blood and Moriarty coming back from the dead dry.gif

So... has anyone seen the super short obviously not long enough christmas episode? biggrin.gif

You mean Many Happy Returns? Yes, of course. And the whole third season too. It is never enough *le sigh*

This season... Normally i'm not bothered by Fan Shoutouts but this whole season felt like one big Fanfiction. It didn't feel like the two previous seasons which had a lot of really interesting and fun mysteries. The big bad in this season was okay but completely anti-climatic when it came to the big end. It was more about the Sherlock/Watson/Mary character stories, which would have been fine if it was one episode. But all three?

I really didn't like this Season. Everything I liked about the previous seasons was gone.

Damn damn, the horrors of being overseas, the third season has already fully come out! D:

Also, @MysticTiger: Really? :/ I'm not particularly interested in the whole "Mary" thing. Just gimme the mysteries. tongue.gif

I got into Sherlock recently - several of my friends in IRC are fans, and I enjoyed Martin Freeman in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy so I decided to watch the first episode. I love it so much! xd.png

Season Three was my least favorite of them all, but I still enjoyed each episode a lot. I'm quite anxious about a wait until the next season... I want it NAO.

AAAAHHH OMG SHERLOCK AHHH!!!!!

(I may or may not haveamassivecrushonSherlock! tongue.gif )

GOD, I can't wait for the next series!! HOW??

Did you miss me? Did you miss me?

HOW??

I own every episode. Sherlock is actually kind of my life (don't judge me tongue.gif).

My personal theory is the ball one, which I totally came up with before the show. I have some minor differences, but I am too lazy to type them up. Of course, I accept the Sheriarty one too wink.gif except Johnlock is so perfect.

Resurrecting this thread... has anyone watched The Abominable Bride yet? I did biggrin.gif

Resurrecting this thread... has anyone watched The Abominable Bride yet? I did biggrin.gif

It is AMAZING and so much feels!!! Heartbreak!!!*screams* and to know that 90 minutes of footage actually happened in like 6 minutes ARGH

I needed somewhere to vent, and I'm assuming this is the thread. I've been obsessed with Sherlock Holmes since I was 14. I've watched pretty much everything Sherlock Holmes there is. The old ones (starring Basil Rathbone), The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett will always be my favorite Sherlock), and the movies (I don't think RDJ butchered him; he seems like he's also a sociopath); I've also read all the stories (I have the full collection).  But I had never had the inclination to watch Sherlock. Something about a modern Holmes irked me a bit, and I was unsure if I wanted to watch. I was there on Tumblr when the Reichenbach Falls thing happened, and I remember him killing himself (no spoilers for me, I've read the final problem as well as watched it in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes). I thought the whole thing with the painting was clever. 

My boyfriend convinced me. I'm currently binging it. It's really brilliant, but I have a few things to say. 

1. I've never really considered the notion of Sherlock Holmes being a sociopath, but I like it. It's so true, I think. 

2. I'm NOT happy with how the portrayed Irene Adler. She's not a prostitute, she's an opera singer. It's so absolutely ridiculous, and I think 100% they sold out her character for sex appeal. They made her less than what she was. Not saying a prostitute is "less", but she was more composed than they made her out to be. She wasn't a horrible person, which I got from this series, she just cared about her safety and wanted to move on with her life. I feel like half of the whole dominatrix thing was unnecessary. I was slightly okay with how it ended, but had me asking "Why is she THE WOMAN? She didn't outsmart Sherlock. Not really. She didn't escape; he came to her rescue as a damsel in distress. Why does she deserve the same respect owed to THE woman? Why? 

3. I am not that satisfied about how they portrayed Dr. Watson's reaction to Sherlock's being alive. Yes, it would likely have happened that way, but I found the reaction of Dr. Watson in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes a lot more pleasing. Also, you wanna talk about feels, watch the Final Problem with Jeremy Brett and David Burke/Edward Hardwicke and then his return. Gives me goosebumps.

4. I hated how they portrayed Mary in the RDJ movies. From what I've seen (I just started series 3), she is a much better person than in the movies. I'm excited to see her dynamic with Sherlock.

5. @ Sherlock for making a dig at David Burke/Edward Hardwicke/The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes; he made a comment about Watson's mustache claiming that he wouldn't want to be seen walking around with an old man. XD 

TBE - if anyone ever still looks at this thread, feel free to debate me. 

How have I not seen this thread before?

@Earth Gurl I'm a huge fan of Jeremy Brett also! And I do agree with you about Irene Adler, I also didn't particularly care for that episode (although it had some truly brilliant moments). Sherlock saving also bothered me most, didn't make her anything like the woman she was in the book. However, I like the portrayal of John and how he reacts to Sherlock being alive, in the Jeremy Brett series, unfortunately, Watson often felt like being Holmes' dog following him around and doing what he says.

If you have watched season four, please let me know what you thought about it!