blackdragon71

Breeding Habits of the August Releases

Well at least my olive pair didn't refuse each other like I feared, but still didn't give me an egg, even though I used fertility on both. (Does double fertility BSA cancel it out?) Waiting for my brimstones to grow up so I can see who falls for whom and wants to make thuglets (love that description, Mysfytt!) tomorrow. It'll be a few days before I know whether my blusang pair will get on or not.

Is this topic intended to be a question or breeding results discussion?

Dunno but I will say that double fertility is a waste, as TJ has said many times that you only need one and using a second makes no difference.

I think it's a breeding discussion. Mine are stil growing, but I influenced them to be opposites, so we'll see.

Sorry, Z. It's meant to be a discussion.

That said, I did get an egg from one pair of brims this morning, so while they take forever to hatch, gender, and grow up, they do seem to be prolific. smile.gif

Edited by blackdragon71

Only one of my new ones has grown up--a male olive--but I bred him with a harvest and got an olive egg. I think the color combination looks pretty nice: http://dragcave.net/lineage/7SGtR

And rubyshoes, I really like the blusang/pink combination! I have a feeling they'll look good with tsunamis or skywings too.

Edited by MissVampire13

Male Blusang and a Female Tsunami refused today for me. :|

edit1: Male Brimstone and a Female Golden Wyvern refused.

edit2: Male Olive and a Female Spotted Greenwing = Olive Egg

edit3: Female Blusang and Male Moonstone refused. I'm quite unlucky with refusals today. :|

edit4: Female Blusang and Tan Ridgewing = http://dragcave.net/lineage/ijsmo

edit5: Male Blusang and Female Silver = http://dragcave.net/lineage/mcMHX

Edited by kiyoura

Only one of my new ones has grown up--a male olive--but I bred him with a harvest and got an olive egg. I think the color combination looks pretty nice: http://dragcave.net/lineage/7SGtR

And rubyshoes, I really like the blusang/pink combination! I have a feeling they'll look good with tsunamis or skywings too.

I really like that color combination! I think I'll try that when my olives grow up.

All of those color combinations are beautiful! Hadn't thought about the pinks with the blusangs, but it does bring out the paler color more and give it some wow. And don't get me started on the green with the harvest color with autumn coming up. smile.gif

This is my absolute favorite Blusang pairing. These sprites almost look as if they were made to be a perfect lineage match.

So far:

Brimstone x Turpentine=no interest

Brimstone x Ember=Brimstone egg

Blusang x Blusang=no interest

Olive x Olive=Olive egg (obviously xd.png)

Just waiting for everyone else to either grow up or hatch.

I wasn't as enamored of a skywing x blusang pairing like I thought I'd be, but I'm sure as heck loving the red x brimstone pair I just tried. wub.gif The egg auto'ed as I knew it would, but I'm going to make me an even-gen checker out of those once I've finished another lineage project & fulfilled an obligation. Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!!!

Sorry, Z.  It's meant to be a discussion. 

That said, I did get an egg from one pair of brims this morning, so while they take forever to hatch, gender, and grow up, they do seem to be prolific.  smile.gif

About how long do they seem to take to gender?

EDIT: Blusang/Tsunami is the cutest I've seen so far, but Red/Brimstone sounds neat.

Edited by SkylerFarrier

My darn lady blusang refused her sunsong would-be lover. >:C

Still really eager to try out the combination, though--my male grows up in a few more hours, hopefully he'll dig sunsongs a bit more.

oh wow the tan ridgewings DO look amazing with the Blusangs.

I'd give it a go, but alas I am locked! Male Tan Ridge + Female Blusang would be even cooler if they had tan female offspring. Red + Blue = Purple after all =o

olive x olive = olive egg.

Was going to maybe cross breed, but after someone else posted a pure olive egg I thought they looked adorable together and had to try my pair. Glad they like each other. happy.gif