angelicdragonpuppy

Allow periods in names

Exactly what it says. I recently got an adorable dragon that has a grandfather with a St prefix to his name. I thought it was rather odd that it lacked the standard period after, and decided I'd give my dragon a properly titled name... and then found out I couldn't.

Thus I am proposing that periods be allowed in names. This would allow a lot of titles to be used, like the ones I mentioned in the subtitle. I realize I could just do things like St Fluffy or Mr Mohawk or whatever, but the lack of a period makes it feel really strange, and I'll probably just not bother if I can't have the period. ;;

Ooo i completely agree, i always wondered why we couldn't put them in. Are they restricting in actual forum/cave player names?

I guess I'll throw in my support for this too, even though I've never had the need to periods or commas.

Maybe someone should PM TJ09..?

No need. He reads these threads.

+1 Support! Recently I caught a dragon I wanted to name Mr. Flamingo, but Mr Flamingo was already taken and I was frustrated that I couldn't use a period to get that name. Also it seems awkward, in my opinion, if there's no period.

Periods would be good in my book!

Though I do have a question, why are some mentioning commas? I don't know much about naming rules and things like that, do commas fit in with that somewhere?

I see no problem with a period, but from a coding standpoint, commas and quotation marks can cause problems. There's ways around it of course, but i'm just saying those are a little bit tricky.

Then again, I have no way of knowing how TJ's coding is set up. I'm just referring to my own experience.

I see no problem with a period, but from a coding standpoint, commas and quotation marks can cause problems. There's ways around it of course, but i'm just saying those are a little bit tricky.

Then again, I have no way of knowing how TJ's coding is set up. I'm just referring to my own experience.

Yah, I'd heard that there were issues with fancier marks, that's why I'm only suggesting periods at present. ^^

Actually not quotation marks, but we have apostrophes. I use them like quotation marks sometimes.

I will throw a fit if someone disagrees with adding this and has a GOOD reason. smile.gif

I'm with you there.

I think this is a great idea.

+1 support.

And can we add underscores while we're at it?

ADP contributes so much to this game from art to kindness to great ideas. This is a nice A+++++ and allows people another option that if they can't get the exact name they want, they can get at least some version of it. And the name I really want is now is - Period. Maybe Dot.Com

Hmm... now that I think about that one exception - probably want to make sure if they are trying to advertise web sites that are against rules expressed in the ToS. I gotta be the - Devil's Advocate.

Edited by natayah

Do want.

But we need commas too.

Commas in NAMES I cannot see. Example please ?

But I suspect this may be an issue when you try to use the /n/ link - periods in web addresses make odd things happen.

I want as many characters as possible, including accent-marked letters in languages such as French. I support anything that expands our ability to create new names and use more languages besides English.

(Japanese characters would be a dream come true. I can type them, but Dragon Cave won't accept them obviously.)