stogucheme

ANSWERED:Mega-Cave

So people are frustrated with cave blockers and junk. What about having a mega-cave where you can view 1 egg from each biome all at once?

Mechanics:

-have mega-cave link

-mega-cave shows you the far right (aka newest) egg of every biome

-for an in-cave explanation, maybe we have sent our dragons to scout the biomes for eggs. They find 6 and tell us about them, updating us when the eggs disappear. "Wouldn't this take too much time?" 1, dragons communicate telepathically. 2, we can apparently go from the Alpine to the Coast instantly, and are somehow on all the beaches at once.

Pro:

-more variety of eggs

-always get to see the newest egg

-if you need to hunt across multiple biomes you can

-more eggs to see on one screen

Con:

-more people to compete with

-can only see 1 egg from each biome

Me no like.... sad.gif

It WOULD be optional, I hope, if it cameth to pass ?

Seems like it'd be a lot of work in coding if the Mega-Cave is showing an egg that's actually in another biome. Especially with deciding which clicker gets the egg of the get signal is coming from two different locations on the site.

Let alone the probable irritation people would have knowing that their egg could have been swiped up by someone who isn't even in the same biome as them.

I don't know if I really like this idea.

I think this is a neat idea. But on the biomes page, next to Volcano, maybe a name for it like "Pathway Cave" or something. It would just be a regular biome.

The only thing is, some rares such as Metals are in all biomes, correct? This biome is all biomes . This means that instead of helping people to get new eggs, it will be overly stalked for CB Golds and Silvers. And when someone can't grab that Metal they've been wanting, they settle for a New egg instead. And with 200 people on the page every five minutes, it'll be refreshing once per minute. Then no one is happy because they can't get even a common dragon.

I...don't really see the point of this, tbh. If anything it seems like it would just draw everyone away from the biomes because of course most people would love to be able to see the far right egg from ALL the biomes all at once. The biomes spread people out and makes it so that it's a bit fairer for those with slower connections, this would just cause compression again.

I'm not sure the logistics of 'does this make sense in world' makes sense, either.

I like the idea of a generic cave as a new biome with eggs from all of them (aka your suggestion ^^) but I'm rather uneasy about it having the far right egg from every biome. It'd make people in other biomes have to compete with twice the people--they'd not just be wrestling with others in that biome, they'd be fighting with people in another part of the cave, too, and that seems... odd.

So really I'd like a generic cave that just serves as an all-new "Cave" biome where you can find every type of dragon, but it wouldn't draw them from the other parts of the cave. It would just generate them fresh for that biome.

And before anyone freaks out (because people have managed to misunderstand me on this in the past -___-) it would be a new biome ALONGSIDE THE CURRENT BIOMES, not a replacement of them.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I don't like the idea. I think another biome would make DC slower when it comes to mass amounts of people in the biomes.

JMO

I like the idea of a generic cave as a new biome with eggs from all of them (aka your suggestion ^^) but I'm rather uneasy about it having the far right egg from every biome. It'd make people in other biomes have to compete with twice the people--they'd not just be wrestling with others in that biome, they'd be fighting with people in another part of the cave, too, and that seems... odd.

So really I'd like a generic cave that just serves as an all-new "Cave" biome where you can find every type of dragon, but it wouldn't draw them from the other parts of the cave. It would just generate them fresh for that biome.

And before anyone freaks out (because people have managed to misunderstand me on this in the past -___-) it would be a new biome ALONGSIDE THE CURRENT BIOMES, not a replacement of them.

My point exactly ^^

And NOT the far right egg. NOT the same egg from a different biome. Instead a new, never been seen egg code that happens to usually be seen in a different biome(ex-Ballon Dragon egg on Pathcave)

Good point about who gets an egg - this way it would be possible to have two simultaneous clicks on a single egg. Then what ?

Doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose of having biomes in the first place? blink.gif From an RPG standpoint, each dragon lives in a particular habitat (in the wild), and it doesn't make sense to toss them all together again, whether they're in both places at once (hate that, btw, even if it were feasible) or new/different eggs specific to the location.

FWIW, I understand why someone might want this. I sometimes feel like I'm missing out if I can't see what's in all the biomes, but that's part of the game, too - being in the right place at the right time for those rares we all crave. wink.gif

I just click back and forth between all the biomes, if I get bored with staring at one of them.

Cheers,

Shala

(who adores having biomes and doesn't miss having only one cave w/three eggs that never moved)

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the purpose of biomes? Besides, if there was such a mega-cave, the people there would see the rares popping up in all biomes, giving them an unfair advantage over people stalking only one biome.

So people are frustrated with cave blockers and junk. What about having a mega-cave where you can view 1 egg from each biome all at once?

Mechanics:

-have mega-cave link

-mega-cave shows you the far right (aka newest) egg of every biome

-for an in-cave explanation, maybe we have sent our dragons to scout the biomes for eggs. They find 6 and tell us about them, updating us when the eggs disappear. "Wouldn't this take too much time?" 1, dragons communicate telepathically. 2, we can apparently go from the Alpine to the Coast instantly, and are somehow on all the beaches at once.

Pro:

-more variety of eggs

-always get to see the newest egg

-if you need to hunt across multiple biomes you can

-more eggs to see on one screen

Con:

-more people to compete with

-can only see 1 egg from each biome

Your motives behind this are obvious (especially when you took care to highlight that it's specifically the newest/right-most egg).

And the answer is no.