Snowytoshi

Rabbits

My little man Benny, my first foster failure at the shelter where I work with several rabbits ever day. We actually have 23 up for adoption right now. It's not easy work but man do I live them all!

@hedy Check out House Rabbit Society, both their website and look for a Facebook page with your state like I'm in the Indiana House Rabbit Society on FB. Such a lovey resource if you still have unanswered questions. Also feel free to shoot me a PM, I've worked in rabbit rescue for two years. My first advice though is get your babby fixed and make sure you know a rabbit savvy vet. Buns have a 90-80% chance of ovarian cancer by age two and boys have a 85-75% chance of testicular cancer at the same age. Welcome to the world of rabbits!

@LazuliOrchid Thanks for the tips, I love House Rabbit Society for resources! I’m also in some local bunny FB groups, those are great for quick advice :) 

We’ve had our holland lop Peka for almost a year now! He’s an absolute gem, loves attention and chin massages, doesn’t fear new people or animals and runs around our whole apartment every night.

We actually had an appointment to get him spayed last month, but the anesthesia they used wasn’t compatitible and his breathing slowed down so they woke him back up and told to come back in few weeks so they can try with a different med. But we had a big RHD outbreak here in Finland, so we decided to get the vaccination first and then book another spaying appointment. He’s actually getting the vacc today! 

@hedy Awome! Lops are so so sweet! I'm glad they were able to wake him back up and everything's been smooth so far. :DOh I wish we had that vaccine in the states, we had a small RHD outbreak in the midwest but rabbits as pets still isn't as big here so we don't have a vaccine available yet.