TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

Aieeee~! I knew there were going to be Blusangs wub.gif I've been waiting ages for them biggrin.gif For some reason, I always think of blueberry pie when I look at them...

Thanks JOTB, Mysfytt, Corteo, JereduLevenin, and TJ!

/doesn't have any Blusangs so just dubs an Ochedrake Bluberry Pie./

Edited by TaiomiFox

Yes yes yes! I got my second brine biggrin.gif And love the colors of the adult sprite too smile.gif

Well it finally grew up

I am glad you all, well most, like him.

He isn't stupid, but yes he is a bit of a thug - the contentious jaw being based on an Australian crocodile, which is large and muscular - very strong for chewing all that volcanic stone - and whole sheep too.

I am glad people think its pretty, I thought it was rather ugly myself - yep that jaw. (could be fixed...but meh.)

Wookieinmashoo helped me with the choice of color by directing me to some tutorials, so big thanks to her.

And big thanks to TJ for actually liking the thing enough to accept it.

You don't sound very pleased with the dragon at all and they're your creation. sad.gif I love them myself, they're my absolute favorites. <3 I'm thrilled to have them on my scroll. **snuggles** Their faces are priceless. Imo, there's nothing to fix. They're perfect. smile.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Well it finally grew up

He isn't stupid, but yes he is a bit of a thug - the contentious jaw being based on an Australian crocodile, which is large and muscular - very strong for chewing all that volcanic stone - and whole sheep too. xd.png

I am glad people think its pretty, I thought it was rather ugly myself - yep that jaw. (could be fixed...but meh.)

Wookieinmashoo helped me with the choice of color by directing me to some tutorials, so big thanks to her.

They are thugs, and that's what makes them unique to all the rest! I love them! A mixture of ugly and pretty dragons in one release is great in my opinion.

Blusangs are AMAZING!

I haven't gotten all of them yet, but everything about these new dragons is stunning biggrin.gif

i AM very happy to have dragons with atypical traits than what our current dragons have. Not that our current dragons are all stereotypes. Its just a bunch of great new options. And I love that they are all very smelly, if only at first... (and some of them remain very smelly!!!)

Loving the adults <3

Now, if I only could get at least one Blusang... I'll try in 4 hours, but I'm not really hopefull.

The two I remembered were the Brimstone and Blusang. These adults are all so stunning <3 I love them all so squeefully much. Thank you so much, spriters, and to TJ for releasing these greats. Now, off to hoard all 3!

I like the colors of the Blusang, but I'm afraid I think the female sprite looks a bit "messy." It took me a few more extra seconds to get my bearings straight and locate the head.

Well it finally grew up

He isn't stupid, but yes he is a bit of a thug - the contentious jaw being based on an Australian crocodile, which is large and muscular - very strong for chewing all that volcanic stone - and whole sheep too. xd.png

I love the Brimstone! My only qualm is the blue-red veins(?) on the throat. I realize it's to help draw attention to that area, where the noxious gas is, but it stands out too much in my mind. Otherwise, I love them! The body and face really speak to me. I love the thick jaw and the devious smile. Initially I was disappointed about a lack of dimorphism but now I'm glad! It just amuses me even more when I look at one that is female. biggrin.gif

I love the Olive's colors and the female's pose but I'm disappointed in the male's pose. I can't figure out if he's leaping or reclining or what and it bothers me. In this instance, I hope they alter it a bit, though I may also get used to it. He's very well done otherwise. :\

The Blusang Lindwurms are magnificent! I loved the hatchlings and am super pleased with the adults. The female's head gets a little lost from positioning but otherwise both are wonderfully dynamic.

I just hope I can actually catch some eventually... c_c;

Edited by Subdimension

I have a baby weeee.... room for 2 more eggs, need 4 brine and 2 more musty eggs and Im good to go woot

I just have to say, wow! All the sprites in this release are excellently done, but I have just fallen in love with the blusangs. Their double pairs of wings kind of remind me of the Ikran and the Toruk from James Cameron's Avatar.

I did, however, notice a spelling error in the blusangs' description. (Apologies if this has already been pointed out.)

They are omnivores who graze on seaweed from time to time, although their primary form of sustinence is fish.

Should be spelled sustenance.

;u;. Loving the Bluesang's, not really into the others. |D;. Porbably because I've had to trade away a breeding pair and really need to do other stuff anyway.

Liked the Olive hatchies more than the adults. The Brimstone looks interesting though. And great not only are Brines hard to get, they're pretty too. Way to add salt to the wound xd.png

Well it finally grew up

I told someone this morning that the brimstone, while not quite what I was expecting based on the hatchie, was amusing as heck, and that was the huge appeal to me. I am so happy I collected so many of those eggs, Mysfytt! Definitely my favorite of the three, while I don't want to detract from the others and their spriters. I almost decided to name mine "Godfather" names, but I went with something more subtle. I too, am happy TJ chose these. And the color is perfect. smile.gif

I absolutely love the Blusungs. They're so pretty, and the details in their wings is amazing. They do look like Irkans, now that you point it out.

The Brimstones are quite awesome as well. They're not ugly, but pretty in their own way like Negelcteds. I love the pose and that grin. The grin reminds me of the Gronkle dragons from How to Train your Dragon. I'm not the biggest fan of the neck, though. But I'm sure it will grow on me.

The Olives remind me of some deep sea fish, with the spines on their backs.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Finally caught another Blusang. :'D

Also caught another Brimstone...not too fond of them--nothing on the art, it's just personal preference--but since the overall response to them is positive I'm hoping I might be able to trade for another Blusang once it cools down.

God I love the Blusangs (almost typed BLUsangs, curse you TF2), I want to collect a ton of them.

Thanks, spirters. Love the Brim's.

Are some of us complaining of the sprites ALREADY?!?

SERIOUSLY?? Come on! sad.gif

If you're speaking of those of us quoting Mysfytt, she is the spriter for the brimstone. She is saying she is not quite happy with her own creation, and we are giving her reasons to be quite happy with it, based on why we enjoy her gift to us. So far this morning, I think most everyone has been pretty complimentary about most of the new release, saying what they enjoy about their favorites, while mentioning that there are features about others they don't appreciate. Some artists don't mind a little bit of feedback like that, because it helps improve what they do next time, as long as it's constructive, and I think most of the comments this morning have been.

Wah... the Blusang Lindwurms are gorgeous wub.gif

Thanks to all the spriters for your hard work!! 3 new species, yay!