TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

This.

But then, I almost never check the complete list xd.png

Anyway, I hope everything will get back to normal in the next few days.

I look it trough once every month. But it seems I never remember the eggs or descriptions xd.png

I'm going to try once more at the 3:00 drop to get a brine...if it doesn't happen I'm going to take a break and come back this evening to try again.

It's embarrassing to admit this, but I have a major tension headache going on now from stressing and worrying over these dragons, and the commons already in there, and trying to get Brines for literally hours now and...yeah. >_<

I know it's ridiculous, but I have an obsession with getting at least a pair of each new CB that comes out on my scroll, and when it starts to feel like that isn't going to happen, I start getting anxious. Yup, after this next drop, break time.

There won't be two hundred plus people lurking in the Coast all of the time.

Unless the Brine turns out to be a rare. I mean, look at GW's. I hardly ever even see them anymore. And if that's the case, kiss any chance at all of getting one in the next year good bye. :/

Edited by MedievalMystic

And a "Back in MY day" moment for the newer players. Before the Biomes, you would have been competing with anywhere from 1000 to 2000 other players in ONE cave. As hard as it still is, at least people are still split up now wink.gif

lol good times.

Biomes are definitely one of the best things to happen to new releases in the history of ever.

And to people who say that they will be available for a long time... Maybe, but for us people with a bad connection and a busy life, the releases are our only chance of getting CBs. For the breeds I missed, I still haven't managed to catch up, and I've been on here for a long time.

And I am pretty sure with everyone's reaction to these dragons they will be very much sought after, more so than the GW by far. So no, I don't think it will be easier to catch them once the release is over. I think it will be even harder. It's sad that even the people who are there for the release can't get any.

Sadly, I wasn't awake when the drop started, so I'm probably going to be SOoL for getting Brines. I managed to get 4 of the musty eggs, with miraculously no mis-clicks. I got 1 rancid egg, but I'm not hopeful for getting a mate.

I wish the drop would just stay 100% new release eggs for at least 24 hours. Then people in different timezones might have a chance to stock up on a pair each, or something. At least have a good chance at getting them, rather than the next to zilch that is currently happening. sleep.gif

The rarity of some dragons nowadays is really frustrating. I mean, at least in my opinion, CB blacks and metals don't exist. I've never ever seen one in the cave. Having that rarity of catching of new release dragons not even 24 hours after a release is ridiculous. sad.gif

Here's to hoping that I'll get lucky.

I know how you feel Medieval. I was giving myself a headache over hunting too!

I have the same obsession too. Must have two of everything that's released!

It's like a Noah's Ark of new releases.

Okay, for some of the newer members, here are my drop-hunting tips.

Go to the settings for whatever browser you're using and turn off both images and Java. When the drop starts, hold your ctrl key while you hit F5 for refresh. This is what's called a hard refresh and will help you see newer eggs. With images turned off you'll only see a link that says 'egg' above the description. With your ctrl key held, click on the egg link. Most browsers will view a ctrl+click as an 'open in new tab' command. That way you don't have to worry about going from the fail page back to the biome. Your click, for better or worse, will open in the new tab. I usually just leave the tabs open 'till the drop is over then go back through and see what I've got.

Hope this helps anyone still hunting. Good luck!

@ CDM: Ah yes, I remember those days. Three egg slots for everyone. I remember the year the Snow Angels came out, TJ flooded the AP with CB's so that everybody could get one.

Another tip, if you're using a windows computer (I dunno if it works with macs) if your mouse has a scroll wheel, clicking an image with the scroll wheel also works in the same way as ctrl-clicking eggs.

I think these three are uncommons, not rares. The Brines are a lot like the Tsunamis; it is still hard to catch a Tsunami, after all.

If the Brines are rares, it may be months before I actually get one.

Has anyone considered Pm"ing TJ about this?

TJ hears these same things with every release.

He checks the forum. He'll see the posts.

Whether or not he does anything about it is his business, but... again, these are now a permanent part of the cave. It might take a while, but everyone will have plenty of opportunity to get theirs.

I tried on the xx:45 drop but got a blank screen for the "blink-and-miss-it" on-the-five drop.

I've been pulling out my Special Event Drop tricks for this and got a surfeit of Musties and Rancids last night. I'm kind of disappointed that it's not gonna work for the Brineys but like that other poster said, I'm not too worried. I have a dozen Gwyverns and only one of them was caught during the initial drop — on a fluke.

Back to the coast…gonna try again anyway…

Again, no, this is not like every other release. This is the most painful release (for the brines, not the other two) I've had by far and I've been around for quite a few.

And per my last post, no, "they will be around permanently" does not help.

Yep. Golden Wyverns are permanent, too. (So glad I caught a ton during and immediately after the release.)

I did miss the Turpentine and Lumina release, so I guess I'm not comparing the current one to the most recent. Here's to hoping they will become increasingly more common as time wears on.

This is the most painful release (for the brines, not the other two) I've had by far and I've been around for quite a few.

The worst for me was the Trios, because I missed the first day of the drop. I still don't have a CB Ice.

At least it is still the day of the drop, I figure.

Yep. Golden Wyverns are permanent, too. (So glad I caught a ton during and immediately after the release.)

I did miss the Turpentine and Lumina release, so I guess I'm not comparing the current one to the most recent. Here's to hoping they will become increasingly more common as time wears on.

I found the lumina and tsunamis weren't very rare, at least by my standards, i.e. I was able to get quite a few CBs. As for the GW they were definitely a different matter. I really struggled with that release, but the results were satisfying. This release tops the GW by far. At first it was fun, now many hours later it's an irritating chore and I feel cheated.

Again, no, this is not like every other release. This is the most painful release (for the brines, not the other two) I've had by far and I've been around for quite a few.

This is true.

Blacks, Stripes, metals are also around permanently. I have yet to catch one (in the YEARS I've been playing), let alone see one in the cave. Same for Dorsals and Vines, as well as a few of the Uncommon breeds like Nebs and Tsunamis.

I'm aware that some of what I mentioned are rares, or were here from the start, but the idea still stands. Some of us, once the 100% drop ends, have little hope of EVER seeing the release dragons in the cave. And the trade prices for them are usually astronomical.

I've got my egg catching set up going, which usually works great for releases, but atm the state of the cave is garbage for anything. /sigh /prays

Edited by mishii

True, we will have oppourtunities I suppose.

But still. At this rate it's getting more alarming as the commons flood back and there's still more users, reaching the 200 mark.

Here comes another round of drops. Best of luck to you all....against 141 people.....>_<

Edited by BlightWyvern

EGADS. I'd forgotten about the "bump" factor of new releases. Only added my eggs to a single (usually low-yield) hatchery site, and every one of them is already sick. blink.gif Good thing I happened to check my scroll in time to fog the poor beasties!

Blacks, Stripes, metals are also around permanently. I have yet to catch one (in the YEARS I've been playing), let alone see one in the cave. Same for Dorsals and Vines, as well as a few of the Uncommon breeds like Nebs and Tsunamis.

I haven't seen a CB silver for several years now, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up keeping an eye out for one. Most of my CB stripes were trades, I only caught one by myself and kept an eye out for a trade I knew I could make. CB hunting is not my forte, I'm really bad at it. But I'm not going to wibble over every dragon I miss. I'm instead appreciating the ones I'm able to get. An incomplete scroll does not mean "game over."

Edited by Draketeeth

I really think the only reason I got a brine was because of my really good luck with dragcave. I've seen more than enough cb blacks (and caught them), saw 3 cb silvers (two in this release), seen cb gw's and cb rares, and have had so many dinos that i traded them away. Papers and cheeses are like the uncommon to me. I abandon cb tsunami's.

I have yet to see a cb gold, though.

I don't know why I'm still tracking this topic.