angelicdragonpuppy

Ability to comment on trade offers

Hello all;

I just thought it would be useful if we could leave a comment when we accepted or rejected trade offers. Mostly for rejects; there've been times I've wanted to say "please swap this one common hatchling for another and I'll accept" or "fogging for the night, please find me on the forums, as I'm still considering your offer," but I don't know the other user's forum name so I can't. sad.gif

I don't think this would be abused, simply because--trade offers aren't anonymous. I've never gotten a vile comment from the anonymous description reviewers, so I assume there'd be even less people willing to say nasty things when their username is visible and thus reportable.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I think this could be useful, i've had my offers rejected, even if I offered exactly what they wanted. It'd be good if they could tell you on the trade why they refused.

I support this. happy.gif

I'd also like to be able to add a line to an active trade (not just at the moment of accept/reject). For example, if I've influenced a hatchie I'm offering, I'd like to be able to communicate that, since it makes a HUGE difference in the value. Or vice versa, of course. I've rejected hatchie offers before, because I have no idea if it's been influenced. (Plus, I hate exchanging PMs for such simple things when we have such limited capacity, and that's assuming I and the trade partner know each other's forum names.)

Cheers,

Shala

I think this could be useful, i've had my offers rejected, even if I offered exactly what they wanted. It'd be good if they could tell you on the trade why they refused.

I've had to do that to others when more than one person offers the same thing. ^^

No qualms with this since, as you said, usernames are viewable and I don't see too many people spamming trades.

One time I specifically asked for a CB black and someone offered a bred black. I would have loved to have been able to comment on that rejection.

In the same trade someone else offered a black hatchling at 4 days 1 hour, when the CB black was going to be sent to someone else as an IOU fulfillment, so I couldn't accept since it probably would have grown up on my scroll, and I wished I could have explained why I couldn't accept, because it would have been perfectly fine if the black was for me.

So, support. =3

Perhaps there could be a drop-list of options we can pick from? Similar to the Valentines exchanging event we had this February, where we can pick from a list of things to say instead of typing our own. I have no worries about abuse from the majority of us which can be trusted to write level-headed responses, but there still IS a chance where someone might write unwanted things.

I mean, people still explicitly give aid when aid is not turned on, and people sometimes reject descriptions just for the heck of it.

Also, how would we get the responses? :3 Will it be like a log on the Active Transfers page:

Ex:

ID | Date | Type | Eggs/Hatchlings Comment:

1181330 | Aug 22, 2012 3:47:05 pm EDT | Declined Offer | (pretend image here) | Your offer has been rejected because I did not feel it was what I was looking for.

Or would it be more like the egg sickness message on the /dragons/ page?

Ex:

Message: Your trade offer has been declined, and the trader wrote to you: Your offer has been rejected because I did not feel it was what I was looking for.

Edited by Xythus

I h.a.t.e stuff like that. 90% of the time there's never anything close to the message I'm looking for. Both of the examples I gave of situations when I would have loved to comment probably wouldn't have been able to if all that existed were generic messages.

The first I would have wanted to say "I was looking for a CB black, not a bred one", and a generic "not what I was looking for" message would have been inadequate.

The second "It didn't have enough time because my scroll wouldn't be its final home", there's no chance of being able to express that with a generic message without having an unreasonable number of comments to choose from.

I would LOVE this! In trading if someone offers me something I want but I am egglocked I would love to comment and say "egglocked, will accept in x hours"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! biggrin.gif

Edit: Please no drop down options. Can't we have a little box with like a max of 120 chars or something?

Edited by rebelgoddess19

I enjoy this idea!!! I've had several trades I would've accepted if it wasn't for one particular thing. Letting them know that they can re-submit a trade offer with/without a certain thing may be useful.

I agree with Pokemon13, saying "It wasn't what I was looking for" is waaaayyyy too generalized. Be specific. Might as well not write anything if you're not going to bother commenting something useful. I may or may not want to re-submit an offer, but if I do, I'd really like to know what you're looking for.

All commentary's should probably be monitored by staff or have a report button as well... You know, for those unruly people who are rude. "This is a censorkip.gif CB Gold and you offered that?? censorkip.gif" Although that's probably worse-case scenario, but I could just imagine rolleyes.gif

I hate picking from a list, unless there's also an option for "Other" or "Elaborate". It would defeat the purpose of being able to add a comment.

Not what I was looking for.

I had a better offer.

Stuff like that is to be expected if a trade offer is turned down. That's just the way it is.

Comments would be for reasons that were out of the ordinary.

I like named parents in my lineages.

This dragon will grow up too soon.

This dragon will grow up too late.

This dragon is the wrong gender.

I am looking for a female.

I am looking for a male.

I am looking for an ungendered hatchling for freezing but yours is gendered.

I am locked and could not accept your offer.

You are egglocked and I could not accept your offer. Please resolve this issue and re-offer.

This is a good start but I am looking for a little more.

Could you please remove xyz egg/hatchling from your trade offer and offer back with just the abc egg/hatchling?

Or even a comment without accepting or rejecting a trade offer, to make comments in that manner.

I am locked right now but intend to accept your offer in a few hours.

I like your offer and am trying to decide between yours and another one.

Or a comment for those making the offer, even, could be useful.

This dragon has been influenced male.

If you prefer, I can influence and hatch this egg for you.

I have another dragon, code abcdx, if you'd prefer that one instead, let me know.

Etc, etc, etc. There's no point in adding an option to comment unless you can actually use it.

Sure, it can be abused, but so can the PM features in the forum and they're not disabled. Add an option for users to block messages entirely, or block specific users, or appoint message-mods in game that can block people's messaging options if they abuse it, etc.

Edited by SolarCat

Perhaps there could be a drop-list of options we can pick from? Similar to the Valentines exchanging event we had this February, where we can pick from a list of things to say instead of typing our own. I have no worries about abuse from the majority of us which can be trusted to write level-headed responses, but there still IS a chance where someone might write unwanted things.

Like I said, trade offers aren't anonymous, so anyone who was real nasty would get reported (hopefully trade comments could be 'recorded' in the system for a few days after they were written, so that TJ could know for sure if someone had done something naughty). As others have mentioned, I don't really like drop-down options; while this is sort of an off-key example, I really hate how in the newer Pokemon games all the messages you can share with other people are fill-in-the-blank/preset, because I can NEVER get across exactly what I mean to say. So I'd rather that not be the same here. xd.png;;

I don't really care much for the idea but if it was implemented I'd like there to be an opt out of receiving comments on trade offers button.

All commentary's should probably be monitored by staff or have a report button as well... You know, for those unruly people who are rude. "This is a censorkip.gif CB Gold and you offered that?? censorkip.gif" Although that's probably worse-case scenario, but I could just imagine rolleyes.gif

While that would be a good idea, think of how long it may take to get a mod to "approve" the message? Mods have a lot of work to do as it is, this would just be something else to pile on.

What about a option for those old enough to be able to .. uhh I dunno what the correct term is but "take" the language from other players. And have a language filter for those who are younger and shouldn't be subjected to that.

While that would be a good idea, think of how long it may take to get a mod to "approve" the message? Mods have a lot of work to do as it is, this would just be something else to pile on.

What about a option for those old enough to be able to .. uhh I dunno what the correct term is but "take" the language from other players. And have a language filter for those who are younger and shouldn't be subjected to that.

I know that certain dragon names are already automatically censored; perhaps the same censor could be put in place for comments? That'd at least keep the most simple forms of naughtiness out of the way.

I support this. Just today I was doing a trade, got an offer I really liked but couldn't accept because they were egg locked. If I could tell them that I would accept them once the egg hatched (in 6 hours) that would have been very nice.

Like I said, trade offers aren't anonymous, so anyone who was real nasty would get reported (hopefully trade comments could be 'recorded' in the system for a few days after they were written, so that TJ could know for sure if someone had done something naughty). As others have mentioned, I don't really like drop-down options; while this is sort of an off-key example, I really hate how in the newer Pokemon games all the messages you can share with other people are fill-in-the-blank/preset, because I can NEVER get across exactly what I mean to say. So I'd rather that not be the same here. xd.png;;

Plus, like naming, there would be a filter for all bad words and all the workarounds he can think of [and I would suggest words such as "idiot" that would only be used with insulting comments], so any rudeness would have to be creative, and would be risky, since the ability to send comments could be taken away.

So if someone does try to comment "You censorkip.gif idiot, you offered a _______ on a CB GOLD?!!" the filters would catch the swear [and hopefully the idiot] and bounce it back saying "Please be polite in your comments or the privilege will be taken away" or something similar.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I would love this, back when luminas were released someone offered me a gold on one of mine. I had to go somewhere and by the time I had gotten back they had rejected their offer.

Not that I blame them- it was their gold after all, but it would have been nice to tell them that I'd accept it as soon as possible.

I think this would be wonderfully helpful. There have been several situations that I would have found this useful.

I would prefer a drop down option if anything at all. A lot of the time, people say "Offer" and when you do, they get angry that you offered such and such dragon because they don't think it's as great of a deal as you do. I could see people abusing this constantly and it would be next to impossible for TJ to keep up with it. I'm not a fan of it, really. But, if we HAD to have a trade comments, then I would want a drop down menu with options for a simple explanation. And make them OPTIONAL. I don't want to be FORCED to leave an explanation every time.

This looks very useful.

I like some of the suggestions for drop-down options, but it is so easy to get a scenario where that isn't enough.

I say lets put in a censor like we have for dragon names and let it go without the drop down. IF there are a bunch of people and the reports are too much to deal with TJ can add a dropdown menu and maybe allow input from the mods(and maybe normal players) so that everyone is happy.

Don't decide against someone will mess it up, give people a chance to mess up so badly that you have no other choice.

I support this suggestion! The number of times I've bred an egg, offered it, waited overnight for the trader to respond only to find it rejected/trade completed elsewhere in the morning is kinda difficult. Especially when I've offered exactly what was asked in the post and not made an offer based on the "Offers?" tag.

Even if this isn't implemented, I'd like some feature that allows tradees to see whether your trade has been considered. Maybe a few flags ("Seen", "Considering", "Highly considered") could be available in a drop down box to mark each trade offer? It doesn't give information away about how the trader sees your offer, but it's better than mindlessly clicking back over and over just to see whether your trade has been rejected (since that's the only way to be able to 100% tell that your offer has been seen). And even then, if it hasn't been rejected, you have no idea whether the trader has just not seen your offer or that they're still considering.

And make them OPTIONAL. I don't want to be FORCED to leave an explanation every time.

They would be optional, yes. If someone offered an 8th gen Vine on a CB Gold I think the person with the Gold can reject without needing to explain. smile.gif

It would be cool if you could leave a message with your offer too, such as "This is JUST for the (dragon a). Please PM me on the forums; my username there is PieMaster."