stogucheme

CB Eggs Have lineage link

Should CB eggs have a lineage link from the view page?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought. What if, when viewing a dragon's view page, clicking their image brought you to the lineage page? Quicker CB lineage access without having to edit the stuff that makes CBs so easy to identify (cuz even without parents listed seeing a lineage link would still throw me off) AND makes it quicker to just see lineages in general. For lineaged things I'd find it faster to just quickly tap the picture instead of having to zero in on the link amidst all the other text. Or perhaps it could even be something where double clicking on a dragon in scroll view opens up lineage? Or a lineage link beside the action link? Iunno @____@

...you didn't get the part where I wrote that typing is painful, did you...

I didn't mean to offend you, so sorry if I did. I did read what you wrote and I also read what others wrote. I wasn't aiming my statement at you personally. I agree with the majority--it's not really a need. Even though your hand issues limits your typing, I don't see a need in accommodating a lineage page specifically for that reason in general. I haven't seen many people bring up the issue of carpal tunnel. You may be in the minority on DC. In trades, you can bypass that extra typing by either the people viewing the lineage in the teleport or having them visit your scroll if you're trading by PM. There really isn't much to see on a CB page and I feel a clickable lineage page is unnecessary.

Again, I'm extremely sorry if I came off as rude.

Thought. What if, when viewing a dragon's view page, clicking their image brought you to the lineage page? Quicker CB lineage access without having to edit the stuff that makes CBs so easy to identify (cuz even without parents listed seeing a lineage link would still throw me off) AND makes it quicker to just see lineages in general. For lineaged things I'd find it faster to just quickly tap the picture instead of having to zero in on the link amidst all the other text. Or perhaps it could even be something where double clicking on a dragon in scroll view opens up lineage? Or a lineage link beside the action link? Iunno @____@

I voted "No" for this suggestion because I really don't see the point but if it had to be implemented, I'd support having the image link to a lineage (no text link, please). :3 I don't have any problems clicking the current 'Lineage' button for lineaged dragons though. ^^

I don't think there's all that much need for it, to be honest. There are other things I'd sooner see implemented.

@stogucheme, if it's painful for you to type, maybe you should consider another alternative. Copying/pasting, for example. Having a lineage link somewhere handy and then just copying and pasting the code into it. smile.gif

I don't think there's all that much need for it, to be honest. There are other things I'd sooner see implemented.

@stogucheme, if it's painful for you to type, maybe you should consider another alternative. Copying/pasting, for example. Having a lineage link somewhere handy and then just copying and pasting the code into it. smile.gif

This is true.

Whenever I mass breed to the AP, or mass breed something, I ctrl + copy my password, which allows me to abandon unwanted eggs fast. I never have to do any typing, just keep my right hand on the mouse and my left hovering over Ctrl + V. (Just don't accidentally post your PW anywhere! xd.png)

Also, same with browsing lineages in the AP. I type out "lineage", ctrl + copy, purposely lock myself, then click on every egg I want to see lineage, and replace.

I voted no, because its not really necessary. CB eggs are CB, hence "no lineage". So it makes no sense for a lineage link to be there in the first place. When you make trade teleport, people can see the lineage of the egg anyway, so it is not a concern either. People make mistakes all the time on the forums, i've done it too!

Why not have a link in the same spot as the lineage link, but one that specifically says 'caveborn'? then a lineaged egg's page would look like this:

Show HTML/BBCode Links

Owner: Sadako

Mother: SDK Morgause

Father: SDK Arthur Sinister

View Lineage

and a caveborn egg's page would look like this:

Show HTML/BBCode Links

Owner: Sadako

Caveborn Egg

Still super-easy to tell the difference, but also super-easy to grab a link without extra typing. It would be waaay easier to click-click-copy-paste-post than to click-copy-paste-backspacebackspacebackspace-typetypetype-post. There's no reason not to want things to be a little easier when it's such a simple fix. smile.gif

Edit: If caveborn is too meta it could say 'Stolen Egg' or something.

Edited by Sadako

I have carpal tunnel too, but have no problem typing out 7 letters. I wouldn't expect a game to change to meet my needs.

I have never had a problem with this because I just copy the lineage link of another dragon and then replace the code with that of the CB egg before posting.

Instead of a lineage link, I'd prefer to see something else, so I'd know right away that it was CB. Maybe a notice where the lineage link would be, saying "Caveborn" or "No lineage"?

This sounds good to me! A "Caveborn" note, and if you click it, it takes you to the lineage page.

I would use it, I think.

Agreed with Darth Krande.

And I also hate having to use the Lineage link for CBs. I hate having to use the lineage link at all, but rules are rules. XD

I hate having to use the lineage link at all, but rules are rules. xd.png

??

Why ?

(Just curious)

This sounds good to me! A "Caveborn" note, and if you click it, it takes you to the lineage page.

I would use it, I think.

Perhaps I don't understand. Why is this necessary? Its like saying "ATM Machine" when its redundant and means: "Automated Teller Machine Machine". Sorry if I'm being rude, but it makes more sense if a CaveBorn egg did NOT have a lineage tag, because its already implied that if it didn't have a lineage link, its CB.

I just don't get the need for this. All you need to do is, well, replace the view part with lineage.

For example, my adult CB blusang's view link is-http://dragcave.net/view/WNRNM. If you wanted to get its lineage, it would be http://dragcave.net/lineage/WNRNM.

Very simple, you don't even need to type, just copy+paste. I just don't see why additional help is needed.

Edited by ylangylang

Perhaps I don't understand. Why is this necessary? Its like saying "ATM Machine" when its redundant and means: "Automated Teller Machine Machine". Sorry if I'm being rude, but it makes more sense if a CaveBorn egg did NOT have a lineage tag, because its already implied that if it didn't have a lineage link, its CB.

When you post a CB egg for trade, etc, it is against the rules to post a link to its page. OCCASIONALLY, therefore, a lineage link is needed, even for an egg with no lineage showing. But not often enough that it needs to show up on their page, I think....

When you post a CB egg for trade, etc, it is against the rules to post a link to its page. OCCASIONALLY, therefore, a lineage link is needed, even for an egg with no lineage showing. But not often enough that it needs to show up on their page, I think....

Just post saying it's a CB thing, no link needed. Teleports have lineage links now, so unless someone was really not paying attention, there's no way they can be fooled into trading for something that's not actually CB.

The only time you really need it is for showing off adult/frozen dragons, such as for common collecting threads or certain forum games, but I still don't think it's a huge issue... though it would be nice if we were allowed to post view pages for non-growing things. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between someone posting view links to get views versus someone forgetting to turn the view page into a lineage page when showing off an adult dragon with a cool code.

Just post saying it's a CB thing, no link needed. Teleports have lineage links now, so unless someone was really not paying attention, there's no way they can be fooled into trading for something that's not actually CB.

The only time you really need it is for showing off adult/frozen dragons, such as for common collecting threads or certain forum games, but I still don't think it's a huge issue... though it would be nice if we were allowed to post view pages for non-growing things. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between someone posting view links to get views versus someone forgetting to turn the view page into a lineage page when showing off an adult dragon with a cool code.

But people like to CHECK.... I was just saying that in response to someone saying we don't NEED to post linages for CB. That is one case where you do if you want to show it in a thread. (for instance, you still get the odd thread saying "what egg is THIS?" and they need to show it...)

I don't see the harm in this, to be honest. If it makes it easier for people who have typing issues, all the better, and then the link is right there and we'd possibly reduce the amount of people who post view links.

No, it's not ~necessary~, but for ease of use and consistency, I can see the appeal.

I like this idea!

any who doesn't understand the need for this obviously doesn't have anything to do with CB codes...

MAN is it annoying to pull up all the CB babies that I have type lineage to replace all of their "view" sad.gif just to show them off!

It would make my day is this was implemented!