stogucheme

CB Eggs Have lineage link

Should CB eggs have a lineage link from the view page?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would really like this because of a couple of reasons:

1. Less mistakes/messes to clean up on the forums for mods. (Because people forget to add the /lineage/ for CB dragons! And trust me, it ain't just newbs.)

2. Not having it is really annoying. (For posting on the forums!)

3. I have arthritis and carpal tunnel. Extra typing hurts...

Why it wouldn't make it harder to tell if it was CB: it'd only have a lineage link (you can change the text if you want) and it wouldn't have a mom/pop link. It can even be in a different place if you want.

Yeesh... tongue.gif

Edited by stogucheme

I voted maybe - because I am indifferent and you didn't offer me that ! I can see why you would want it, but it isn't something I'd use.

Mmm. . . .

I always check the lineages of AP eggs. It's hard enough to find a pretty one without the CB eggs to sort through. Instead of a lineage link, I'd prefer to see something else, so I'd know right away that it was CB. Maybe a notice where the lineage link would be, saying "Caveborn" or "No lineage"?

I voted no.

1. Explain please. Are you saying many people ask about why their dragons don't have lineage? If it's not one question people ask about all the time, it will be another.

2. That's completely opinionated.

3. What's the point in trying to show a CB dragon's lineage anyway when it's CB? For trades, just copy the image location for an image and state it's CB there's no need to show "proof".

Mmm. . . .

I always check the lineages of AP eggs. It's hard enough to find a pretty one without the CB eggs to sort through. Instead of a lineage link, I'd prefer to see something else, so I'd know right away that it was CB. Maybe a notice where the lineage link would be, saying "Caveborn" or "No lineage"?

You can see it is CB on its page - it has no mummy and daddy !

wookie - I imagine because people post CB egg links here and don't GET why it isn't OK if they are CB - as they can't see the easy way to post a lineage link so don't post that.

You can see it is CB on its page - it has no mummy and daddy !

wookie - I imagine because people post CB egg links here and don't GET why it isn't OK if they are CB - as they can't see the easy way to post a lineage link so don't post that.

That's what I meant. tongue.gif

Right now I can tell just by looking at its page, but with this Id have to check lineages too, every single time - not horrible, but certainly not convenient.

I know it can be confusing for new users to find a CB egg's lineage link, but lots of users are willing to explain how. It is a bit annoying having to explain, but chances are they'll be able to figure it out on their own - if not, once you know how you never need to ask again.

I know it can be confusing for new users to find a CB egg's lineage link, but lots of users are willing to explain how. It is a bit annoying having to explain.

simple solution: you are not obligated to tell them to change the /view/ to /lineage/. you do not have to click on the "post reply" button if you do not want to. just move on to the next post, and let the next person who is not annoyed at answering the newbie, post the answer.

this is not me trying to be rude, but saying my opinion.

edit: word-fail tongue.gif

Edited by xeyla

simple solution: you are not obligated to tell them to change the /view/ to /lineage/. you do not have to click on the "post reply" button if you do not want to. just move on to the next post, and let the next person who is not annoyed at answering the newbie, post the answer.

this is not me trying to be rude, but saying my opinion.

edit: word-fail tongue.gif

Well, sure - but then they get warns for eggspam....

I understand the desire for this--I also find it annoying to have to type in "lineage" to show off a CB dragon on the forums--but at the same time I value the ability to swiftly tell CBs from non much more highly. When the seasonals went rare I scanned through 40+ dragons to find my long-forgotten CBs for breeding; if I'd had to click a lineage button to determine which were CB as opposed to being able to tell upon seeing their view page, it would have been a much more tedious search. xc

As to the concerns that the lineage link on CB eggs would make you look at them....even if it has a lineage link on the view page it would be obvious it is cb because there would be no space that says "mother" "father" or if added they would be blank, therefor you do not have to click the link to know it's cb.

It would probably be a 50-50 toss up on how many people would realize it's still the lineage and not the view page link they need to post because I have seen lineaged eggs posted using the view link. However for those with carpel tunnel it would cut down some on the typing needed.

Better to gain experience understanding what they did wrong than having every single desperate question being hand-fed the answer. And they should read the rulkes, first and foremost. wink.gif

And I voted yes, butt change my answer to a no. If it had a lineage, I wouldn't know if it was cb or not, because I check lineages often, and if saw a lineage link, I'd assume it was whatever, post it, and then realize it wasn't, and have to edit my post -- by which time someone may have offered on that 'lineage' and I have to turn them down -- not likely but still.

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt. It's really only a massive issue for newer users though.

I understand the desire for this--I also find it annoying to have to type in "lineage" to show off a CB dragon on the forums--but at the same time I value the ability to swiftly tell CBs from non much more highly. When the seasonals went rare I scanned through 40+ dragons to find my long-forgotten CBs for breeding; if I'd had to click a lineage button to determine which were CB as opposed to being able to tell upon seeing their view page, it would have been a much more tedious search. xc

Agree with this, I'm afraid - I think the cons outweigh the pros. It's really nice to be able to tell a CB at a glance by viewing the dragon's page.

If there were a link saying "Display Egg/Dragon" that would give you the equivalent of a lineage view for CBs, I'd be okay with it though.

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. To me it is quite easy to tell by looking at a dragon's view page that it is CB. It displays no parents. Also the "stolen" instead of "bred" date. Adding a lineage link would not change any of that or make it harder for me to tell. You could still tell a CB at a glance.

I am really neutral on this. I can see that it might save a bit of trouble for some people, but I don't think I would use it, as I have no trouble converting a view link to a lineage one when needed.

Something else -would- definitely be useful, the ability to see a CB egg's lineage without having to manually type it in - But phrasing that could be tricky if we want to be as clear as possible without having a long label. Maybe . . "No known parents," "Caveborn," or "No lineage?" Something along those lines? Although, to me those labels would serve better as plain text as opposed to a lineage link. . . .

Purplehaze: The lack of a lineage link is the most obvious way of telling if an egg was bred or not. The signs you pointed out I have never paid attention to - they are there, but they are subtle, and to be honest I would have to look for them before I could get used to telling that way. Personally I never look at that side of an egg's page - the time left is more in the middle, and I can tell how many views it has by viewing my scroll as a whole. I guess all I'm trying to say is that yeah, I could get used to telling that way, but I'd prefer not to have to. :3

Edited by ab613

Maybe I am missing something, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. To me it is quite easy to tell by looking at a dragon's view page that it is CB. It displays no parents. Also the "stolen" instead of "bred" date. Adding a lineage link would not change any of that or make it harder for me to tell. You could still tell a CB at a glance.

I am really neutral on this. I can see that it might save a bit of trouble for some people, but I don't think I would use it, as I have no trouble converting a view link to a lineage one when needed.

There are always tow sides to one coin, but yes, I agree with this. The cons outweigh the pros on this one, and it would confuse me if I suddenly saw a lineage link on what I assumed was a cb dragon.

I think the ONLY use would be to help newbs who don't know how to post a permissible link....

I agree with fuzzbucket. Or, better yet, teach them how to post lineage links for lineaged eggs, and not to bother at all for CB eggs. There isn't anything to see in a CB lineage.

When I have CBs for trade, I post a generic image of the egg (lineage link doean't get a pic for you anyway, does it?) and a trade link (cut and paste). If someone really wants to check that it is a CB, it can now be checked very easily on the trade link (thank you so much TJ!). I post lineage links only for lineaged eggs.

I think it would be really really cool, however, if on the drop-down menu that we now have for filtering our dragons, it would be nifty if there were a filter for viewing only CB dragons.

stogucheme, other than for breeding and trading, is there another reason for needing a link to a CB dragon's lineage? I don't want to easily dismiss your concern if I am missing something (I understand not wanting to type so much). If not, I think it works the way it is.

Edited by PittiSing

1. Less mistakes/messes to clean up on the forums for mods. (Because people forget to add the /lineage/ for CB dragons! And trust me, it ain't just newbs.)

Why it wouldn't make it harder to tell if it was CB: it'd only have a lineage link (you can change the text if you want) and it wouldn't have a mom/pop link. It can even be in a different place if you want.

Yeesh... tongue.gif

Edited the first post.

Yeesh... tongue.gif

Meh. . . . Still don't see much of a use for it. Like Fuzzbucket said, the only real reason to add it would be for newbies. . . . There isn't much to see in a CB lineage. And it'd be no big deal not to have it - I don't think anyone has complained before. If the thousands of users already here could figure it out, there really isn't an excuse for anyone else to not be able to. (Besides making a first few mistakes, after that, they really should be able to get the hang of it.)

Meh. . . . Still don't see much of a use for it. Like Fuzzbucket said, the only real reason to add it would be for newbies. . . . There isn't much to see in a CB lineage. And it'd be no big deal not to have it - I don't think anyone has complained before. If the thousands of users already here could figure it out, there really isn't an excuse for anyone else to not be able to. (Besides making a first few mistakes, after that, they really should be able to get the hang of it.)

This. CB is pretty much only to start a lineage, and for bragging rights. Other than that, it's really not all that useful, and the lineage link for trades fixes a lot of the problems posed.

What about for posting trades? This is the main concern, and you really can't ignore it.

And have you browsed the trade forums? Veterans and newbs alike post CB eggs' view links accidentally all the time.

I just want to point out that while we may edit out /view/ links to say ~eggspam removed~ users don't receive an actual warn unless they are truly eggspamming (posting any link of the dragon for views, asking for views, etc.) or if they continue to post /view/ links even after mods have continuously told them to use /lineage/ links. :3

Are we really this lazy that typing in lineage instead of view is a problem?

That's how I see it.

Things shouldn't be made convenient for something so simple.

...you didn't get the part where I wrote that typing is painful, did you...

I'm not sure I see the purpose of this....? I think it might confuse some people because CB don't have lineage, so seeing a lineage link on their would be really....odd.

I voted no. I personally like the non-lineaged page look of CB dragons--it makes it very easy to tell if something is CB at a glance. I'm genuinely sorry that typing is painful for you, but it just seems like it could add a bit of confusion for people.