creepado

Slender

It's funny, because although I find horror stuff really scary, and I never watch even the trailers for horror movies, because it really scares me, I simply love to read about them. I am especially frightened by movies and games when something pops up when you least expect it, and I am REALLY scared of zombies, urrrghh, I hate how they look, with their skulls showing and dripping with blood, and how they eat flesh. The only horror movies I like are werewolf movies, because I love werewolves. tongue.gif Slendy actually looks like a nice guy, to me he looks like a faceless lawyer or business man. So, what exactly happens when Slendy "gets you"? huh.gif

Well, he pops up when you least expect it. That is what makes the game frightening. If you stare at him long enough you will die. You will need to start again. You also hear not very nice sound affects. And a image of his head.

I'ts best to watch someone play the game on youtube first.

The game itself kinda makes me scared because I don't know when he is gonna show up and the music makes it creepy.. I hate when people mute the game. That makes it lose the full effect.

~Birdy

Me and my friend played/streamed together and we both lost it, It was really nerve wracking and when we would get caught we both screamed like Banshees

I was sitting next to one of my friends while they played it. Honestly it really freaked me out specially when there was a bunch of static and stuff. I wouldn't want to play it, it would be too stressful for me xd.png

The videos for Marble Hornets creep me out more, really.

And PewDiePie sort of ruined it for me when I saw his reaction. I can't play the game without bursting out laughing. xd.png

I play horror games occasionally on a program called TeamViewer, so my friends can watch and laugh at my fear ( apparently, my fear is absolutely hilarious? ), and Slender is one of the games I tried.

I actually found two versions, "Slenderman" and "Slender". Slenderman's quality wasn't as great, and the first time Slenderman attacked me I panic'd.. then started laughing.. because he really wasn't that scary looking.

Slender, however, had me panicing and I gave up pretty fast. I died a couple times and never got past four pages.

I haven't tried since.

It's a pretty good game, overall. I got bored with it fast, though. It's not something that can keep my focus.

My friends did enjoy laughing at me, however.

Amnesia and Penumbra are good, scary games for anyone into horror, also. I find Slender a bit more unnerving than those, however.

Slender is indeed a scary game, scarier if you actually know more information about The Slender Man. Slender is a game I find interesting, though, as it took some elements, several actually, from the web series "Marble Hornets," which is also based off Slender Man. I find the $20 Mode amusing as well, pfft.

I've never been brave enough to play it myself, though, I'm quite the wimp. I've played SCP: Containment Breach, but Slender? lolnope.

The first post of this topic had me panicking. (I'm in my bedroom in the dark. xd.png I knew I shouldn't have clicked here.) And all I've done is watch people on YouTube like Tobuscus and Syndicate play it. xd.png I've actually had nightmares about Slender. Ugh, that was horrid. And you know the static and noise distortion that happens when Slender turns up? My tv started doing that during a program and I started freaking out. Then I realized it was part of the Halo 4 commercial. I ended up cussing at the tv. xd.png Let's just say I'll stick to watching at most. I am waaaay too scared to play.

The first time I played it wasn't that scary, even though my lights were off and it was midnight. I then played agai with my friend with the same deal (Lights off and midnight) and we got to the fourth page but our flashlight had run out of battery, so we couldn't see a thing. I got so mad that I turned around and was like, "Come here, slendy and give me a hug." yea . . . I rage quit.

I first time played it yesterday FREAKIN NOT SCARY!!!!! I gave a yelp when i turned and he was there but thats it! killed me in 4 mins without my first page WTF i got to 2 pages then died whiyhkfehil

Never heard of it before, but checked out a few vids...didn't find it scary at all. Maybe I have been spending too much time in Thief 2 recently, traveling in the dark for hours avoiding far scarier monsters.

Edited by Dubious

Yeah maybe its not scary because I've watched amnesia videos! (my favourite jumpscare youtuber PEWDIEPIE!!!)

I'm scared so easily, the static and the dark forest itself are enough to make me steer away from this game. But I want to play it so badly. Meeeeh :C

I got to six notes, there was so much static and I kept hearing the scary banging noise so I just quit. Best reaction to slender:

My friend lent me his laptop to play Slender once. I got the third note and then BOOM Slendy was RIGHT THERE in my face. I almost threw the laptop out the window.

EDIT: Another friend of mine was playing, and she got to the house. She faced the corner and somehow the game crashed and she couldn't move, only turn around. So she decided to wait for ol' Slendy to show up. She faced the wall for three minutes, and nothing happened. So she turned around and...I'm sure you all know what happened next. She freaked.

Edited by Techno_Elf

I've never played Slender actually (nor I plan to laugh.gif), but I've watched (most of them) videos made by Pewds/Smosh. It's indeed scary, but Pewds/Smosh kind of "enlighten" it all with their comments xd.png

I mean, playing it alone or watching a video without any commentary would be much more terrifying.

Edit: Have you seen "white face" video by Pewdiepie? It's a poorly drawn face probably made in MS Paint but this game IS scary somehow. blink.gif

Edited by Slytherin7

Um, how do I play it? I've already downloaded it (from the site already stated) extracted all the files (With Winzip) and it still just shows me the content..help?

Um, how do I play it? I've already downloaded it (from the site already stated) extracted all the files (With Winzip) and it still just shows me the content..help?

Do you mean it just shows you all of the files?

You should just be able to click on a file that says "run.exe" or something like that. If not, a screenshot would help.

It is fun to watch people on YouTube play slender, i will not play the game.....maybe, I also want to know what happens when you get all 8 pages, Also when i did download and try to play it , it was lagging lots so how would i speed up the game.....

You could lower the settings, but beyond that there's not much you can do. Closing all background programs might help.

That said, I don't think anything happens when you get all eight pages.

-spoiler-

You die when you get all 8 pages in the original Slender, along with Slender the 8 pages

And if the game lags it means your graphics card isn't up to date. I'd suggest upgrading it.

Edited by Tazzay

-spoiler-

You die when you get all 8 pages in the original Slender, along with Slender the 8 pages

And if the game lags it means your graphics card isn't up to date. I'd suggest upgrading it.

That's not really easy to do for a lot of people, especially laptop users, and especially if you want to make a worthwhile upgrade.

That's not really easy to do for a lot of people, especially laptop users, and especially if you want to make a worthwhile upgrade.

Well your only other choice would to lower the graphics settings on the game. If that still doesn't work, you'll have to deal with a laggy game.