creepado

Slender

((Bumping...))

But still, wont they get frights, even if they knew all the coding?

They might not know where the slender man would be compared the the person they are controlling.

I think, anyway.

Oh wow, dangershy's avatar has turned into a slenderman at the moment...

Edited by creepado

I downloaded the game today and got the third page. WhenI first saw Slenderman, I totally freaked out and he got me in no time.

I'm never gonna play that game again, seriously, I'm gonna sleep with the lights on tonight *still trembling with fear*

I'm too lazy to download this game.

Wait, what's the size of it?

Not much, I cant remember. It is a simple game anyway.

Watched a YouTube video. (Pewdie's, shame he doesn't get all eight notes. I had to watch a different video to see that.) The first time something on YouTube has scared me. Not just startled, I actually nearly yanked my earbuds from the wire the first time I saw Slendy. xd.png 20$ mode was funny, but I still felt kind of frightened when I watched it.

I really think it's the music. In most horror games, the music is subtle, like saying, "Hey, something's probably going to jump out of that corner and eviscerate you, but it might not." And it does anyway. xd.png In Slender, it's just all like, "Dude, something is totally coming to kill you." With the first, we feel safe (if only slightly) and when the scare comes, we don't really expect it. But so many games use that tactic, so we start to get used to it. But with the latter, you know it's there and you know it's coming. Being totally aware that a scare is bound to happen and constantly dreading it really adds to the effect.

And there's also the fact that he actually is behind you. xd.png

Edited by TLOSpyrogirl

Er... is shoudn't read this whille listening to spooky music....(lavender town.)

I once got a nightmare about the slender man... percisely 3 days ago... When I woke up in the middle of the night I was afraid to turn around, (my back was to a wall) and that if I turn back again the slender man would be there...

Edited by creepado

I don't understand why people watch reaction videos before attempting to play the game. Doesn't that just ruin all the suspense and ... fun? =o

I watched a video because I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. When the person making the video saw slenderman, my first thought was "....is that it?".

I had no intentions of ever playing the game because I know it would just annoy me. A friend brought the files by about 30 minutes ago so I played it a few times. I was more entertained than annoyed but the lack of anything to do makes it not have much replayability factor unless you have a strong competitive streak. Most of the time I had to entertain myself by inspecting very clean tiling in a building in the woods, naming trees, or playing with the flashlight. I was actually more interested in the details of the surroundings (I tried hopping up in the truck) than the game itself.

People who complain about it not being scary should just buy a game that they think will be. It's free. There's only so much you can do on a budget and make a game free. It's meant to be scary and to some people it's not. That's okay because it's also meant to be entertaining, which it is for the most part. Only I can't pay attention long to something unless it's keeping me entertained and lack of variety made that fail with me. I'm just one person though amongst a lot of very competitive people who challenge each other on how far they can get in the game. I'm just too lazy and absent minded to accept that challenge.

I thought the makers did a pretty excellent job on the game myself, considering they started out with the simple: "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we...?". And then they distribute it for free, even after their website crashes from all the traffic =P That deserves a high-five if anything, I think.

Haven't played yet but I watched PewDiePie's playthrough. The first few times I watched him play, it was pretty freaky. ESPECIALLY the bathroom. But then I got used to it and it's not so bad anymore. I might actually play it now LOL. I've watched a bunch of playthroughs and now I only feel scared when they go into the bathroom. I think that part will always be scary for me -3-

I watched Pewdie play Sanitorium too. It wasn't as scary for me as the original, though.

I love Pewdiepies vids! In the bathroom..

Pewdiepie: OMG!!! HIS IN THE WAALLLLLLLLL!!!!

tongue.gif

Scary?

Nah.

user posted image

Ooh! Hugs? I want one! Even though I haven't got any money... In other words, Slenderman doesn't scare me either. I've never played the game though.

The game itself is not scary at all. What's scary is the anxiety people may cause themselves over the "when is it going to find me?! When is it going to find me?!" aspect. You already know Slenderman is SOMEWHERE in the game, but it's the "when" that freaks people out.

It's a fun little game though for sure. Definitely worth playing a few times (andthengowatchmarblehornets::cough) and getting a few laughs watching other people play it.

Definitely worth playing a few times (andthengowatchmarblehornets::cough) and getting a few laughs watching other people play it.

That's exactly why I love watching people play through it! It's hilarious watching people scare themselves...especially Pwedie. His screams are so funny! And his facial expressions.

I love this game! happy.gif

Personally, I kinda like Slenderman and I make jokes about how he's a loving and nice soul. Haha. But the game still kinda freaks me out. It's mostly the sound and the always wondering where he's gonna be next. I like playing it though; I find it challenging. I've only ever gotten to five pages.

I downloaded it on my laptop so I can show it to people. I like seeing their reactions when Slenderman pops up for the first time. happy.gif

I showed it to my mate, and he kept saying it was boring and how he didn't like it, but he flinched so much when Slenderman appeared. I laughed pretty hard at that. After he played it, he downloaded it on his laptop. He changed his mind and he likes it now. ^_____^

I downloaded it, got lost in the forest, finally made it to a building with empty hallways, found one page with a bunch of scribbled stick figures on it. Then the music got more ominous and my brother made me turn it off... Then I got lost in the forest again, found a chain link fence, and then quit cause I was bored. Never once saw the Slenderman, which was kinda freaky cause I had NO IDEA where he was. How do you guys not get lost in the forest?

When you start there is a pathway, just follow it. Dont go into the forest untill you get all the ones at the pathways.

You also didn't see slender because you didn't get enough pages.

Authough, CaptainSparklez got lost, finaly found a few pages, got into the bathroom and...well ... you know.

xd.png I still to this day cannot play this game. I have tried and failed many times. Maybe it's because I'm so anxious and tense and the music still creeps me out. @.@ I've gotten five pages. That's my record xd.png

Beep. Agreed to the above post. I have downloaded it and all, but I can't bring myself to play it.

Once you get 5 pages:

-Never turn around

-Never stop moving

-Never sprint

-Never turn the torch off!

Once you get 7 pages:

-Sprint, keep sprinting until you find last note, if you loose stamina and dont find final note. You die.

NO NO NO NO NO!

I only had 2 of the pages and I go out of the restroom and Slenderman is right at the edge of the forest!

NO NO NO NO NO!

Lol thats a fail, when my 3yr old brother played, he turned his torch of and stood still at the fence. He died.....

Eh, my 3yr old bro rox! I taught him to be a gamer, his favourite game is Happy Wheels! His got pink eye (conjunctivitis now D:)

Slender is the only game where I'm scared while watching other people play. In all other horror games I'm like 'meh, whatever...' when I'm not playing it myself.

And I just can't go inside that building, I just can't...

Can somebody suggest me a site to download the game? No viruses, no turning computer into banana (i don't have a gaming computer, so i can't download a game that needs a supercomputer), available in only one profile (there are multiple profiles in my computer but i want the game to be only in my profile), and that i can download it without being a admin of the PC.

Confusing text o.o