creepado

Slender

It's best to go to youtube, search for slender and find a vid with a good link.

I want to play it, but I also know it will destroy me for life. D:

However, I'm also a terrible person, so I've been drawing pages like the ones from Slender and I'm gonna hang them around campus when I go back to school next week. >:)

I've never played the game, but although I read the article on Slenderman, I don't find him that scary. I think it's the featureless face; to me, he looks like a well-dressed mannequin. I think he'd be scarrier if he had eyes and a mouth and didn't dress so formally. Though I'm saying this without having ever played the game. I'm sure it would freak me out if I did.

Ah, I've never had the guts to play the game, but I really enjoy how freaked out my boyfriend gets when he tries to play it xd.png Eventually he just ends up quitting and sitting at his computer trying to breathe all calm like because he's just so freaked out by Slendy~ owo

However, I'm also a terrible person, so I've been drawing pages like the ones from Slender and I'm gonna hang them around campus when I go back to school next week. >:)
Oh my God, that would be awesome. I wonder if anyone will recognize the drawings?

I think it's the featureless face; to me, he looks like a well-dressed mannequin.
Holy crap, you're right. He is a mannequin...He just got a lot less scarier. For me, anyway. But I still like the Slenderman mythos. It just...sticks out.

The game itself is pretty scary, but only if you play it incorrectly. Constantly looking behind you to see if he is there is a bad idea.

Edit: ncowudn TaiomiFox omg your Caliborn...hE'S SO ADORKABLE I CAN'T

Edited by Plant

I got curious and tried it, but nada. Didn't find it at all scary.

Then again, I've struggled to find anything scarier than the Project Zero / Fatal Frame series to be honest.

There's a Slenderman GAME?! Oh I have got to download this. (Worst idea ever, probably.)

I love the Marble Hornets videos even though they freak me out, and the reaction vids of the game on YouTube are priceless.

Bet I won't last 2 seconds. xd.png

(Any other Marble Hornets fans?)

Edit: got 3 notes and then he got me. Walking around in the woods is FRUSTRATING. I couldn't find anything for the longest time.

Edited by inlaterdays

got 3 notes and then he got me. Walking around in the woods is FRUSTRATING. I couldn't find anything for the longest time.

Did you get scared?

Oh my God, that would be awesome. I wonder if anyone will recognize the drawings?

Most probably won't, but those who do... hee hee... I'm so mean. :3

I don't understand why people watch reaction videos before attempting to play the game. Doesn't that just ruin all the suspense and ... fun? =o

The game didn't spook me, but I wasn't really expecting it to. It was quick and fun though.

Slenderman is more of a campfire ghost story akin to a bogeyman. But I can understand why it scares some people; it's mostly playing on our most primeval fears which lots of myths do. Recognizably humanoid in appearance, wearing a suit that can be identified with people of power or authority, but its lack of facial features and behavior are obviously non-human. Our brains don't like that combination of familiar and unnatural.

If you guys like Slender, you should check out a game called Hide. It plays almost exactly like Slender and I'm pretty sure it was around before Slender came out (It wouldn't surprise me if the person who made Slender was inspired by Hide).

The big trick in Slender is to never look behind you. If you need to turn around, you walk in a circle instead of turning in place. If you do that then the chances of Slendy appearing in front of you are slimmer.

If you guys like Slender, you should check out a game called Hide. It plays almost exactly like Slender and I'm pretty sure it was around before Slender came out (It wouldn't surprise me if the person who made Slender was inspired by Hide).

The big trick in Slender is to never look behind you. If you need to turn around, you walk in a circle instead of turning in place. If you do that then the chances of Slendy appearing in front of you are slimmer.

He can catch you anyway, though.

Well, I said chances were slimmer. I didn't say that guaranteed never seeing him. If he appears, run and don't turn around.

Well, I said chances were slimmer. I didn't say that guaranteed never seeing him. If he appears, run and don't turn around.

Well, no, he can still catch you even if you don't see him.

Did you get scared?

Not really scared, more frustrated. (I really don't like that bathhouse though!)

I think the background music is the scariest part - when it starts going "boom. boom. boom." it gets your heart pounding a bit. After a couple of tries, the most I could get was 3 pages. :/ I think you have to start running after that, and I was just walking.

This is a pretty cool little game. I read somewhere that if you keep slendy at a distance and behind a tree, he can't get you - but he can teleport later. Challenging!

They're working on a Source version of Slender, as far as I know, which should clean it up a bit and bring it up to snuff.

Theres actually a new game called Sanitorium which is based off slender. You still have to look for notes but your inside a building instead of the forest O O. I still think the original is scarier.

Theres actually a new game called Sanitorium which is based off slender. You still have to look for notes but your inside a building instead of the forest O O. I still think the original is scarier.

In a building? Ok... That might be scary...mayby it'll be the look through a doorway and he's there senario that'll make it slightly more scary, for me anyway...

Have you played it?

Has it got scaryer sound affects?

Edited by creepado

Ooh. Thanks for the heads-up! I see pewdiepie has a walkthrough and reddit's got a link. Going to check this out.

I've been scared of it because my friends exagerated :/

I watched a vid then downloaded it, not that scary smile.gif

Except the part:

Gimme 20 Dollas Gimme 20 Dollas Gimme 20 Dollas, that bit was great!

The only time i screamed/yelled was at the end, with 8/8 notes, i thought it was over D:

I'm obsessed with Slenderman :I

The game is so FUN. <3

coming from the person who has a slenderman bookmark, three pictures of Slenderman above their bed, three pictures of him in their binder, a Slenderman phone background, various pictures of Slenderman saved on their phone, a wish that Slenderman lived in their closet and one eternal wish to be able to hug Slenderman...

I watched Pewdie's videos on Slender and Sanatorium... I think Slender's more freaky, it reminds me of Blair Witch Project. Especially the bathroomy place.

The creators of the game must see it in a coding perspective...But they must of gotten freaked out when they tested it out by playing it...

I dunno, I'd imagine that after coding it, it's be more like "SIIIGH there's slenderman again ok let's just walk around here... is he still following? nope? ok, check the coding here..."

I haven't played it yet. Watched the main character in "Troll Slayer" play part of it, but I'm downloading it.