pinkieseb

Sebs Spritin!

Sebs Spriting

Stream = Offline

After Shadowwolf6 taught me how to sprite in a stream I've decided to make my own thread. Im not that good so its all free, critique, suggestions and stuff like that is appreciated biggrin.gif

Rulez

Boring, i know tongue.gif

1 - All DC rules apply

2 - No cussing/flaming ect

3 - If you want to request a sprite, you NEED a sketch for me to sprite, As that i CANNOT draw and i have no scanner :/

4 - Put 123 after your username in requests.

5 - You can request anything as long as you have the sketch tongue.gif

----------------------------------

SPRITES!

Request Format

Username:

Sketch: ((URL/IMG))

Colors of Sprite: ((What colors you want me to sprite with.))

Other:

Username:
Sketch:
Colors of Sprite:
Other: 

Current Waiting List

1 - Open

2 - Open

3 - Open

----------------------------

Edited by pinkieseb

These don't really appear to be Sprites. More like a digital drawing

This is just tracing with the pencil tool, not spriting. In a sprite, every pixel is carefully placed using a size 1 pencil. Also, you can't sprite a sketch from google unless the creator gives permission. Check the spriting threads in Dragon Requests to learn more.

I know, Shadowwolf6 PMed me about it and taught me hoe to sprite in a stream smile.gif

I just havnt had time to make and upload one yet...

Well, then, you can't say that dragon you took off the sprite practice thread is your ' first sprite'.

I know, i thought it was at the time :/

But i know how to sprite properly now......

user posted image

Just managed to upload!

Is that a JPEG image? It looks like one. Something you should never ever ever ever do is save an image as a JPEG. .gif is what I normally see for sprites on here. And if it isn't a JPEG, the quality is really grainy. At this point, you might want to erase the background (a must) and re-line and flat color if you want to save the quality...

Also having zoomed in to the image, there are some really bad kinks in the tail. A lot of noticeable random lumps. Not to mention it looks a tad pillowshaded.

I'm not really a spriter, but I do like the rest of the sprite. I'd think it'd be pretty good if you fixed up the grainy-ness and smoothed the tail lines.

I'm not sure what program you use so I can't exactly tell you the easiest way to erase the bg... I'm guessing MS Paint? For that I'd just go over the background with the eraser or the white brush and be sure not to erase any part of the sprite... might be easier ways but I haven't used MS Paint in a long time... You could also crop the image further so you have less to erase.

Edited by Switch

Alright thanks, now that i look at it i understand what you mean about the tail.....

I'll attempt to get rid of the background and fix it up soon biggrin.gif

Thanks

It is, but what's the black stuff next to the chest? The legs make the dragon look like its dancing o.o

Your lines are rough. Once again, I suggest reading the ultimate guide to spriting in dragon requests so your lines are smoother.

There something wrong with that sprite. It's suppose to be a wyvern, yes? Then why is one f it's arms in the ground without the wing?

^^

No, that's a western... You just can't make out the other front leg, I think...

^^

What do you mean the arm is in the wing? O.o

I can see all 6 limbs

The dragon indeed has four legs from what I can see, but the visibility of them is very very low.

I've zoomed into the sprite again and I'm not sure what's going on with the positioning of the legs, to be honest. It's very hard to make out. o_o The back legs look to be splayed out quite awkwardly.

Girlfairy, that's not a leg. That's the Dragon's Wingarm. It's a separate limb from its legs.

From what it looks like, the leg you can't see is sort of "tucked in" towards its body, for lack of a better word. I believe that's the stuff near its chest you were wondering about.

Assuming I'm interpreting the sprite correctly.

Edited by Switch

biggrin.gif that's my baby that you tried out! sorry..i had to say that..

You do a great job Seb, but you need to work on fixing those lines smile.gif that's all!

I think you would do great at shading, good luck!