NyxLilium

Anime!

I mostly watch shoujo and yaoi (shounen-ai too) anime. I usually like anime with romance or supernatural in them.

Some anime I like are:

Sailor Moon (They are suppose to have a new release sometime this winter.)

Cardcaptor Sakura

Inuyasha

Itazura na Kiss

Hakuōki

Psycho Pass

Ghost Hunt

King of Thorn (movie, not a series)

Chorno Crusade

Rurouni Kenshin

Junjou Romantica (yaoi)

Eden of the East

My Little Monster

Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi (yaoi)

Say I Love You

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet

And a lot more. xd.png

My first ever anime's i watched were: pokemon and sailor moon

...........One piece, bleach, naruto (and shippuden(currently reading manga)....

Zoooooov. If you like that kind of anime, you should watch Nodame Cantabile and Chihayafuru (both are josei manga adaptations). Nodame is very much an anime about classical music, and Chihayafuru is technically a sports anime (karuta), but man, the main characters are such adorable, eccentric derps, and Nodame is one of my favourite characters in anything ever. <3

Duly noted! =D Thanks for the rec.

Chi's Sweet Home to me is by far the best anime I ever watched! It's just about a cute kitten who is rescued, and kept by a family. The reason I love it so much, is it kind of reminds me of what it was like to have a kitten, and raise it.

My second favorite is Nichijou, mostly because of the cute heartwarming Hakase and Nano parts(and some of the Helvetica Standard shorts).

Other anime I enjoyed was Lucky Star, Haiyore Nyaruko-san, Death Note, Elfen Lied(Though a bit too bloody I think). Older anime I liked was no doubt Cowboy Bebop, and Trigun. Evangelion was ok, but really messed with my head x.x Oh yeah, I did get to watch some Anpanman on a Youtube syncing service with Zov and a few other friends. That was fun. I then watched a few other episodes by myself on Nico Nico Douga.

Also let's not forget the Studio Ghibli stuff, which I think most of is good. Kiki's Delivery Service I think might be one of my favorite Ghibli movies.

I'll admit I rarely watch much anime, but there's some I'll watch, and enjoy.

Hm...

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo?

Servant x Service

Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club

Death Note

Ao no Exorcist

Mushi-shi

Code Geass

Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited

Air Gear

Rin - Daughters of Mnemosyne

Claymore

I could list more, but I don't want to take up too much space. :3

So like I need help here.

I can't think of a new anime to watch like seriously.

I'm into tragic romances, horror, romance, Mystery and comedy.

I'm currently watching Soul Eater and Blue Exorcist on Toonami but here's all the ones I've watched so far some more than once;

-Inuyasha

-Sailor Moon

-Dance in the Vampire Bund

-Vampire Knight/Guilty

-Noein

-SAO

-Shugo Chara

-Blood +

-Trinity Blood

-Samurai Champloo

-My Bride is a Mermaid

-Eureka 7/Ao

-Black Butler

-Chobits

-Chibi Vampire

-Toradora

-Say I Love You

-Ouran High School Host Club

I recommend Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and Mirai Nikki for good horror anime. smile.gif

For the other genres I recommend Angel Beats and Madoka Magica (tragedy), and Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai (comedy/romance).

All of the have been dubbed except for Chuunibyou if you prefer to watch in English.

try devil may cry, it is based of the game series, and it's recommened if you like a half demon kicking demon butt.......

also rosario + vampire..... it is a horror, comedy, romance, and harem

In order:

1. Pokemon

2. One Piece

3. Dragon Ball Series

4. Princess Tutu (Mr. Cat: I will have you marry me!)

I always highly recommend evangelion.

Evangelion is still one of my favourites, even though it's definitely not for everybody.

I'm very excited about Mushishi getting a second season. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes supernatural and/or slow-paced, episodic series that are also quite sad.

I recommend Toaru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (A Certain Scientific Railgun) all the way. ;P

__

If anyone here likes Slice of Life anime and want to avoid mainstream moeblob things, Natsuiro Kiseki is a nice gem that isn't very well-known.

~Removed~

some of my personal favourites are

* TTGL

* Kill la Kill

* Steins;Gate

* Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

* Log Horizon

In no particular order

~Removed~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My favorite amines

Inuyasha

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Kamisama Kiss (so far)

Soul Eater

D-gray man

Mermaid forest

My brides a mermaid (idk about any of you seen this but I'm obsessed with Shark, he hilarious.)

Full Moon

Mamote lollipop (or something Like that)

I'm sure there's more, I just can't remember the names.

My favorites are:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Shugo Chara

Azumanga Daioh

Yuru Yuri

There's definitely more, but those are my top five.

I just started Inuyasha. What do you guys think about it?

I just started Inuyasha. What do you guys think about it?

A bit long, but awesome none the less. I don't normally buy more than one season if I don't like it. I bought all eight seasons of it plus all four movies.

As for my fav anime? Heh, is this reply long enough? Kidding laugh.gif , still.

Okay, I can't chose a top fav, so I'll post them as I think of them. Movies will also be included.

Code Geass

Inuyasha

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Fairy Tail

Fruits Basket

Yu-Gi-Oh (original series mainly Waking the Dragons season)

Card Captor Sakura

Sailor Moon

Shaman King

Yu Yu Hakusho

Cyborg 009

Monster Rancher

There is more, but I can't think of them off hand. xd.png

I watch a lot of anime so it's hard for me to pick just one favorite though Fairy tail has my heart ^^

MadokaMagika

Shingeki no Kyojin

Hunter x Hunter(2011)

Daganronpa

Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Bleach

Soul Eater

RozenMaiden (2013)

Naruto/Shippuden

Black Butler(season 1) season 2 sucked horribly IMO >.<

FMA/Brotherhood

Chrome Shield Regios

Zettai Karen Children Reborn

Nabari No Oh

Zatch Bell

Kaze no Stigma

Death Note

Kill la Kill

and more but I feel like this is getting a bit long xd.png

Edited by Pestilence420

hey, I am getting back in the mood to watch anime again after watching Naruto vs Pain, what are some good suggestions of 2010-now, I like gore anime like hellsing ultimate and Tokyo ghoul, I am also watching magi: labyrinth of magic, any suggestions?

Oh, I'm a big fan of anime and have watched a ton of shows by now, not just series, animated movies too.

Among feature films, my favorites come from Studio Ghibli (yeah, big shock there) - I especially love Princess Mononoke, the movie that launched my anime obsession - I did watch Pokemon, Digimon and Monster Rancher before that, but those were cartoons, while this was a sweeping epic fantasy with serious themes and a strong environmental message. What I enjoyed the most is that it was almost impossible to take sides, both sides were represented equally and neither was pure good or pure evil.

I also loved Castle in the Sky, a movie with a lighter tone, but very charming with an interesting fantastical world, full of flying machines, wonderful animation, music, and extremely likeable character, one of those films that leaves you with a warm, happy feeling after watching it. Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro offer a similar experience, but I liked the setting of Laputa best. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro is another beautiful adventure that I never get tired of rewatching.

Grave of the Fireflies on the other hand shattered my heart into pieces, I've only watched that movie once (I can't bring myself to watch it again, it left me depressed for days), but it was sooo good.

Another great one is Sword of the Stranger, set in the feudal Japan, era of samurai, with good characters, beautiful battles, awesome music score - a treat for both eyes and ears. I haven't watched Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis in a long time now, but I remember really enjoying this hard core sci-fi.

Among anime series, I have quite a few I'd happily recommend to anyone, even non-anime fans.

I'm a fan of sci-fi and time travel and so Steins;Gate falls among my all time favorite shows. It's intelligent, has interesting and charming characters, a nice romance, a fascinating take at time travel and is an incredibly rewarding show to watch as it answers pretty much all your questions, to put it briefly - if you haven't watched it, DO it. wink.gif It even has a movie as a bonus.

Princess Tutu is another one of my faves. Despite the uber girly title, it's an excellent anime, based on Grimm's fairy tales with it's own spin of the 'magical girl' genre. It has a great character cast, intriguing story and a truly awesome ending.

I haven't watched Nadia - The Secret of Blue Water in a while now. It's based on the Novel '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' and if that isn't awesome I don't know what is. It's a grand epic adventure with a teeny bit of sci-fi elements, but mostly in 19th century setting. Did I mention Captain Nemo and Nautilus are in it? It's also a bit longer, with 39 episodes, but I was entertained in every single episode (save one, where they sang the entire time - musical episodes, those just don't work for me).

Fantastic Children and Scrapped Princess are both relatively obscure anime shows that have a lot going for them, great characters you grow to care about with a beautiful and touching story, but somehow never made it big, but everyone I know who have watched it agree, they're great shows - the first has sci-fi elements in it, but mostly set in modern times and the other one is pure fantasy.

Unlimited Psychic Squad was a very pleasant surprise - I knew next to nothing going into the show, so I didn't expect an anime equivalent of X-men with a show's 'protagonist' being basically that worlds version of Magneto. With 12 episodes, it was short and sweet - I hope they make more. Tiger & Bunny is another anime that takes the super-hero genre and makes it its own.

Black Lagoon is like watching the first Die Hard movies - explosions, crazy gun fights, witty one-liners and a whole lot of fun.

There are a few shows that get recommended as often as Fullmetal Alchemist, with good reason too, it's a da*n good show. I'd recommend watching the 2003 version first (at least the part that follows the manga), because the first 15 episodes of FMA: Brotherhood are very rushed and lack the soul that the starting episodes of the first series have. Brotherhood does get into its own once they get past the initial rushed beginning and it's a great ride from that point on.

Then there's a bunch of great sci-fi shows like Cowboy Bebop, Xam'd: Lost Memories, Ghost in the Shell, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, Space Pirate Captain Herlock The Endless Odyssey, Psycho-Pass, Last Exile, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Big O, Wolf's Rain.

And there's excellent fantasy anime, not all of them with classic D&D elements, like Twelve Kingdoms, Mushi-Shi, Attack on Titan, Vision of Escaflowne, Berserk, Slayers and so on.

I don't know where to place X, Fate/Zero and Hellsing Ultimate, but these are all fine shows and since I mentioned everything else, here they are, they're great too. There's probably a bunch of shows that also deserve a mention, but I've already written a novel here, so I'm calling it a day. tongue.gif

And as for manga, I cannot praise Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind enough, it's a masterpiece written and drawn by the legendary Hayao Miyazaki. This is my favourite manga hands down, I've read a couple, but I doubt I'll find anything to top it. I also enjoyed Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, although I only read the parts the anime hasn't covered (a lot that is xd.png) - Clamp's character artstyle is something you get used to, the manga as a whole is really pretty to look at and the story is great, especially later when things get serious. After watching the anime Attack on Titan I've started on the manga and while the plot is interesting, I found the art, especially in the early volumes sub-par and it managed to actually distract me from the story a bit - on the other hand it has enough derpy faces to keep you amused, so it might be worth checking out for that alone. To be fair, the art does get somewhat better later on. Berserk is dark, gory and not for younger readers, but I loved the anime so much I checked out the manga and it's pretty good, still ongoing as far as I know.

Edited by stagazer_7

Yowamushi Pedal (or Yowapedal) is awesome. If you want a really good comedy sports (Cycling) anime then you should try it. I only just started it a week ago when it's nearly over, but it's already really awesome.

Also, for violent and gory anime, Tokyo Ghoul isn't neccesarily gory, I would think. It implies a lot of violence and shows most of it, but I wouldn't say that it's gory. Come to think about it, not many animes are truly gory.

Gore's just too much of a pain to animate. xd.png I mean, you never see guts flying around. It's just lots (and lots) of blood with possibly body horror and/or body parts flying around.

Eh, I'll stick to my slice of life anime. xd.png (Wolf's Rain is too, too sad for me to handle despite the violence). (also i want to watch tokyo ghoul a friend recommended it to me)

Oh well. Slice of life- my sister watched this one called Barakamon (I think that's what it's called), she burst out laughing at least 4 times (I may or may not be exaggerating, but she laughed a lot) every episode, and said it was really good. So you might want to try that.

I would say that Tokyo Ghoul is a very heated topic when it comes to it being a good anime or not. According to my sister (The manga and anime expert in our family), the manga does a better job of portraying the characters and that the anime misses some important stuff that the manga had. But I haven't read it yet, and I think the anime is still pretty well done. Probably going to read it soon.

Oh yeah, there's also Angel Beats. I'm not sure what genre it is- but it's quite nice, and possibly leave you in tears at the end of the last 2 episodes. It's a very love-it-or-hate-it anime, but it's only 13 episodes so it's not that much of a time investment.

Edited by SULDhasno

I took an "Which anime should you be in test" and I got Ouran High School Host Club. I have never watched it before. But Hunter x Hunter (2011) Is my fav. Now moving onto Angel Beats. If you never watched Hunter x Hunter, just listen to DEPARTURE. It is the theme song of HxH.

Edited by kurapika123456