Pixxelation

New Filters + Filter Improvements + Custom Filters

Would love, love personalized sorting options. @.@ Would help keep a tab on the dragons I need to breed on a regular basis (incl. lineages + IOUs + breeding requests etc) so I don't have to go through all the pages (grr, pagination :P) each week.

Can't comment on whether it would be hard to implement but hopefully it's a viable suggestion. ;A; Though, there might need to be limits to stop people from creating a zillion groups if it has an impact on the server or whatnot.

Edited by Varekis

that seems focused on sorting, which I wouldn't mind an update to. My suggestion is just dealing with grouping dragons, not changing their positions on the scroll. So they seem pretty different to me.

My apologies, after reading yours and other replies to the thread as it's growing. I do still see them as related though, because in order for either to work, the system TJ has in place has to have a way to read all our individual needs (as it does in custom/alt/legacy sorts), so maybe if we make great big puppy dog eyes at TJ and make him cookies and such, he'll do?

To do something like the mass move that I suggested and the folder options other folks suggested in the other thread, and to do what you are asking for (a filter with a particular name) requires coding that Sock thought TJ said once might not be possible. However, I'd definitely support your idea as well, because...ease of finding stuff, and clutter. *shudders* xd.png

+1

Edited because I can't spell.

Edited by blackdragon71

I would like to suggest an improvement on the current BSA filter. I would like to see, on the bottom of the list of BSA dragons, the dragons who are currently on cooldown (like how it is when you go to breed a dragon and at the bottom of the list of potential mates, you can see the dragons who refused). Next to the dragons who are cooling down, I want to be able to view how many more days I need to wait before they are available again.

I hope that makes sense and that others see it as being useful. >.<

I'm in the process of building my frozen hatchie collection, and I'd love to have a filter that only showed my frozen hatchies. They're all sorted at the bottom of my scroll and it's really inconvenient to switch between 2 or 3 tabs to figure out which breeds I'm still missing, and which genders.

I'm in the process of building my frozen hatchie collection, and I'd love to have a filter that only showed my frozen hatchies. They're all sorted at the bottom of my scroll and it's really inconvenient to switch between 2 or 3 tabs to figure out which breeds I'm still missing, and which genders.

This! I have to go to account sort and it's a pain!

Can we add another filter for seeing other people's scroll? If somebody, for example has custom or by date sorted scroll having the option to change how you look at it (look by breed, name or some other filters).

I would love this, mainly because when I'm trying to gift something, looking over scrolls like that is a nightmare. I tend to gift to people who don't already have that dragon breed and in that case it's easier if I know where that dragon would come by order.

Sorry if I'm confusing. It's early here.

Can we add another filter for seeing other people's scroll? If somebody, for example has custom or by date sorted scroll having the option to change how you look at it (look by breed, name or some other filters).

I would love this, mainly because when I'm trying to gift something, looking over scrolls like that is a nightmare. I tend to gift to people who don't already have that dragon breed and in that case it's easier if I know where that dragon would come by order.

Sorry if I'm confusing. It's early here.

This, totally this. Even if it was only a "view scroll sorted by breed" option. It would help so much!

This, totally this. Even if it was only a "view scroll sorted by breed" option. It would help so much!

In a addition, sorting by age would also be useful. That way, we can see if somebody hasn't been on for a couple of months (meaning they are on hiatus or that they have left) or if they just happened not to have anything growing on their scrolls. This would especially come in handy when IOUs are in question. I've send one person a message with the egg I owed them a week ago. They still haven't read the message and the egg has matured on my scroll. If I was able to check when that person has stopped playing I would've just postponed the IOU until they came back. This way I just lost the valuable time and egg space. And that's just one example where this could be useful.

Okay, so I know that A LOT of people love to describe their dragons. Being one of them, I lose track of which ones I have described and/or are through approval. So I want to request an option for two new filter options.

•One for dragons waiting approval,

•One for dragons having a description.

I have also thought about having those two filter options into one, but then some people have so many described dragons that you can't find which one is which.

Sorry if this has been requested before... And you can shoot me down.

Edited by Tiga

I've seen a similar suggestion to add a description sign near the dragon's name (like gender or frozen). The solution you're suggesting is nice as well.

I've seen a similar suggestion to add a description sign near the dragon's name (like gender or frozen). The solution you're suggesting is nice as well.

That is a great odea! Its just that you will need to do a lot of scrolling to find the dragons while with the filter option it will happen a lot quicker.

There's this suggestion about having a page under Account to view all your descriptions at once. Both that idea and this one seem like good ideas. The marker suggestion mentioned by Concorde is nice too, though I feel like that's better for when you're browsing other people's scrolls.

So yeah, having a filter option sounds great. I don't have a preference between filter or page under Account. Any way to help organize and keep track of descriptions sounds like an improvement to me. :3

Edited by Dimar

I'd also approve of this. We have the filters so the coding should be in place to set this up.

~Merged~

I do enjoy the filters. They're very helpful. Of all the proposed ones the description one would be the most helpful to me. :3

Actually, I probably do like this more than the account page one, although if there was a page that listed editable versions of all (pending?) descrips at once, that'd also be helpful.

Ooh merged! biggrin.gif

I actually think filters would be more convenient than going to the account page. PLUS it is already coded and will be easier to code in.

When you're looking through your dragons to see what's described, or want to check for new comments on your descriptions, it can sometimes be a bit of a pain to find them. Especially when they're spread through your scroll.

It would be easier if there was a filter for this, "Described dragons" or "Dragons with descriptions" that just narrowed it down to all dragons with descriptions filled in, both approved and awaiting moderation.

I'm all for it (surprise, surprise) But I would like to make the following suggestion: Have the filter option be "described" "pending" and "undescribed".

Because you know I often search my "described" portion of the scroll to make sure I didn't overlook stuff (kinda like the "unnamed" filter) and mostly I want to look at pending descrips for comments.

I actually rarely look for approved dragons... well I know it would be useful anyway, but NOT discerning between pending/approved would make it pretty useless on the "check comments" front, once you have a couple of descrips approved. wink.gif

Edited by herk

I'm all for it, still...

This is a duplicate of one of the proposed filters here, and its intended function is also covered by another suggestion.

Edited by CNR4806

Very nice idea!

Up to now, I've got a private exel - list with all of my dragons, included their names or additional informations. On this list I can see all approved descriptions.

It would be a fine simplification.