Pixxelation

New Filters + Filter Improvements + Custom Filters

Searched and didn't find anything like this. please delete if there is.

I love the new filters on my scroll. They make it so much easier to sort things! However, I think there could be a few more filters that would make it even easier to find dragons.

• Genders - It would be really useful if we could sort by male or female so that only dragons of that gender would be shown. It would make breeding dragons easier because you would have an easier time finding the dragon you want to breed.
  • Caveborn/Lineaged - Being able to sort between Caveborn and Lineaged dragons would help a lot when trying to find a certain dragon. If you know you only have X CB or X lineaged of a certain breed, but don't remember their names/codes, this would come in handy.
  • Described/Undescribed/Pending Descriptions: This would access comments or describe undescribed dragons. It would also help access decriptions to read.
~

"However, what would be even MORE super helpful is if there was a way to apply multiple filters at once--like CB AND Breeding-ready." - Angelicdragonpuppy TJ said no to this one.

~

"What about custom filter lists? For example, say I want a list of all my CB metallics. Go to a page to create (and manage) a custom filter, where each dragon has a checkbox or some such. Check off all the dragons I want to include, give the list a name, and create the filter." - From Valkiepoo

~

"As simple as it seems- you go to the action page, click, "star this dragon," and can now use this as a filter." -Stogucheme

~

"Let me ask a question first. If you are using 'filter by available for breeding' what will your next action be? Breed. If you are using 'filter by availble BSA' what will your next action be? BSA! I suggest that in these views, the 'actions' link is replaced by a shortcut straight to the action in question.

As an aside, the same concept should be used for another action. After I use fertility on a dragon, what is my next action? To breed that dragon. There should e a link from the fertility success page straight to 'breed'." -Zenkaty

~

Feel free to suggest any other filters!

Edited by PieMaster

I would love this. Please add these.

I like the filters, and your ideas!

Is there a custom sort? You could technically with a custom sort, make little families..(for breeding purposes of course, not JUST to be cute!)

I like the filters, and your ideas!

Is there a custom sort? You could technically with a custom sort, make little families..(for breeding purposes of course, not JUST to be cute!)

Well, yes, but I think it's broken right now.

Still, the point of the filters is to quickly access things without having to change your sort order. I personally want to keep the way I have my scroll sorted.

I would love it if there was a way to filter for pending descriptions. It's a pain if you have to go to the bottom of your scroll to look at a dragon's comments.

Well, yes, but I think it's broken right now.

No - TJ fixed it days ago.

I like these! However, what would be even MORE super helpful is if there was a way to apply multiple filters at once--like CB AND Breeding-ready. smile.gif

I like these! However, what would be even MORE super helpful is if there was a way to apply multiple filters at once--like CB AND Breeding-ready. smile.gif

I was thinking the same thing! I'll add that to the OP smile.gif

Unfortunately, this is not going happen for a number of reasons, the primary one being usability. There's no simple interface for applying multiple filters; I'd have to clutter the page up with checkboxes (or some other control) for selecting more than one thing at once.

You can't make the checkboxes collapsible so they only appear when you want them? Like spoiler tags on a forum. That way they'd only "clutter" the page when you want to use them, and then they're desirable.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

That's not "simple," that's just shoving all of your dirty clothes in the closet so that your parents will think your room is clean...until the door is opened.

What about custom filter lists? For example, say I want a list of all my CB metallics. Go to a page to create (and manage) a custom filter, where each dragon has a checkbox or some such. Check off all the dragons I want to include, give the list a name, and create the filter.

Of course, that would require more work to put together than creating additional generic lists that can be applied to everyone's scroll.

What about custom filter lists? For example, say I want a list of all my CB metallics. Go to a page to create (and manage) a custom filter, where each dragon has a checkbox or some such. Check off all the dragons I want to include, give the list a name, and create the filter.

Of course, that would require more work to put together than creating additional generic lists that can be applied to everyone's scroll.

I personally would love this. Would be awesome if we could assign dragons to like groups that we could use as a filter, but being able to have a dragon be a member of more than one group.

However, as you said, I'd imagine that'd require a lot of work to implement.

I'd love a filter for those we have/haven't described. I keep MEANING to get on with it, but I lose track and keep opening them up to check and so on - if I could just have the list and start at the top and work down, like, it would save SO much time and MIGHT make me do more...

A filter for CB/Lineaged dragons would definitely be useful. Whenever I breed dragons, this is the biggest problem I have: going through all dragons of that certain species until I find the right one.

As simple as it seems- you go to the action page, click, "star this dragon," and can now use this as a filter.

ETA:

Why?

I could see use for that.

Also: overlaying filters. Means you could filter your dragons with the favorite filter and than use the breedable-filter on this selection. So people having lots and lots of Golds/Blacks/whatever could find breeding pairs more easily.

I for example have 'only' 400+ dragons in the breedable list to search trough and it sometimes is quiet a pain in the *** to search for a specific dragon to breed. What of users with 1000+ dragons? I can imagine it would be quite helpful.

This, pretty much. I only breed a few pairs each week, and it's hell to find them in my 800+ dragons.

Edited by stogucheme

Maybe so you can quickly find prefferred breeding pairs etc?

Also: overlaying filters. Means you could filter your dragons with the favorite filter and than use the breedable-filter on this selection. So people having lots and lots of Golds/Blacks/whatever could find breeding pairs more easily.

I for example have 'only' 400+ dragons in the breedable list to search trough and it sometimes is quiet a pain in the *** to search for a specific dragon to breed. What of users with 1000+ dragons? I can imagine it would be quite helpful.

OK - that's not the same as favourites, but I see your point.

This, pretty much. I only breed a few pairs each week, and it's hell to find them in my 800+ dragons.

I can see use for this idea. I really like it personally and it really sounds helpful for those with a ton of draggies