pinkieseb

End Of The World/Solar System/Universe!?!?

All songs must end, but the story goes on... I wonder, what will happen after the end? What has happened before the beginning? Was even a beginning? Or has this been happening in cycles without a real beginning? What's on the outside of the universe? Are we just pawns in a greater being's game? Who knows, there are too many unanswered questions.

After the end of the universe, it will collapse into an tiny, diminute dot. Then, onced the time comes, a new Big Bang will appear, and universe will restart itself.

Before the beggining, there was the universe, but compressed into a tiny, diminute, dot.

There is no way to test if there was a beggining or if it was a cycle. If there is a beggining, there is a end.

Also, time is directly connected to space. If space starts slowing down the rate at which it grows, time will also start going slower. If space starts shrinking... Time=WTF

I dont think theres an real god (No offense to religious people) but the idea of that we could be into some kind of diminute universe created by extremely-technologically advanced race could be (Very rare) possible.

Outside of the universe there is... AN LITTLE PLANET MADE BY TRASH THAT COMES FROM A DRAIN IN THE UNIVERSE! (Get the reference?)

Nah. Outside of the universe there is... Try to look behind yourself without moving your head. What you see?

Edited by Sarzael

Okay, guys, the Mayans didn't predict the world ending.

They predicted WWII and a bunch of other stuff that did happen, but not the world ending. It's just when the calendar ends. Maybe the villages were attacked by Aztecs. Maybe they got bored with recording stuff. I'm pretty sure it's too early for the zombies to come out/Earth exploding into a bajilloin pieces. Even so, I'm putting together a survival kit, have a special ninja outfit, and will stay up all night on December 20th to see if people explode. xd.png

i love how most people think the world will end on 12 21 2012 it isn't going to happen one of the main reason people think the world will end is the Mayan calender but they didn't predict leap year in fact if you think about all appereant great prophisizers never accounted for one thing human influence we have technology today that they couldn't even grasp much less take account for in their predictions

Duuuh, i've belived this for ages, the sun will grow huge (or become a red giant or that), reach the earth, burn us all to death, swallow up the world, like it will do to mars, venus and other planets, and eventually reach jupiter, like you said, it's going to ignite jupiters gases or summat like that and BOOOOOM out goes the universe. Thats what I think. But don't worry, we'll all be dead by then, since thats loads of centurys away from happening. 1 century = 10 yrs I think, so don't worry.

Edited by PurpleThorn_Dragon_Wolf

Duuuh, i've belived this for ages, the sun will grow huge (or become a red giant or that), reach the earth, burn us all to death, swallow up the world, like it will do to mars, venus and other planets, and eventually reach jupiter, like you said, it's going to ignite jupiters gases or summat like that and BOOOOOM out goes the universe. Thats what I think. But don't worry, we'll all be dead by then, since thats loads of centurys away from happening. 1 century = 10 yrs I think, so don't worry.

I don't think one star exploding is enough to take out the whole universe. And we're way more than "many centuries" away from losing our galaxy.

Here's my two cents:

End of the world:probably a gigantic asteroid or such stellar body, or the sun making a super-nova.

End of the Solar system: The sun will eventually die causing a supernova and destroying all of it then turning into a black hole or a pulsar or maybe befor that happenes it will et so huge that it will make all the planets crash into it.

End of the Galaxy: Well firstly The core of our Galaxy is a super massive black whole wich sucks everything in even stars and other smaller black holes but its ridiculously far from us. Their is a galaxy Very close to us wic is merging with ours but it is smaller the ours. Third The Galaxy Andromeda Wich is ridiculously far ( lke millions of light years, is on a collision course with us.

But just saying none of us will live to see any of these happen.

oh and Purple THorn, 1century= 100 years tongue.gif

Edited by alexxo97

From my understanding, the Mayan calendar doesn't HAVE to take leap years into account because it's actually accurate, unlike our calendar which is slightly off, making us have to add in that little extra day to stay accurate.

From my understanding, it's not that our calendar (the Julian Calendar) is inaccurate, but the way the days/years are structured leaves every year with roughly 1/4 of a day left unlived, per se, which is why we have to have leap years - to account for 4 years of leftover 1/4 days. So if we are inaccurate it's only by a relatively small amount.

Nah, it's too far away. That's the beautiful thing about gravity, it lessens in proportion to the square of the distance... Plus, what are a couple of more solar masses to a black hole that has already more than 4 million of them? However, we're roughly 28.000 lightyears away from it, that's (roughly) 2 x 10^17 km (200.000.000.000.000.000 km).

That doesn't mean it can't happen. o3o If it decides to rev up, there's nothing saying we can't be caught in its accretion disk. Granted it'd take awhile but it could happen.

1 century is 100 years.

A single exploding Jupiter is not nearly enough to shut down an entire universe and the Sun is going to go red giant - but not in the near future. I think the predictions for that are between 3 and 10 billion years, depending on the source.

End of the Solar system: The sun will eventually die causing a supernova and destroying all of it then turning into a black hole or a pulsar or maybe befor that happenes it will et so huge that it will make all the planets crash into it.

Stellar death does not always equal supernova. Only a fraction of stars ever actually even go nova, I think. And the Sun will probably never even go nova - it doesn't have enough mass. http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=285

And in order to turn into a black hole, it needs to go nova or supernova and the remaining matter from that needs to collapse into the incredibly dense neutron star phase and subsequently collapse further to the point its own matter can't hold it up. http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/blackholes.php

Edited by Infinis

i love how most people think the world will end on 12 21 2012 it isn't going to happen one of the main reason people think the world will end is the Mayan calender but they didn't predict leap year in fact if you think about all appereant great prophisizers never accounted for one thing human influence we have technology today that they couldn't even grasp much less take account for in their predictions.

*Cough23rdDecemberCough*

Btw, i think its not going to be end of the world, but surely end of the worlds power.

23rd December - End of the world, also date the solar flares hit. Some people think solar flares will cause Yellowstone to erupt causing ash clouds to destroy everything. I doubt it, but i think the solar flares, will cause the entires world power to turn of for several weeks. Riots and stuff will be caused, nothing a few gunspolice cant handle biggrin.gif

Duuhhh, i've belived this for ages, the sun will grow huge (or become a red giant or that), reach the earth, burn us all to death, swallow up the world, like it will do to mars, venus and other planets, and eventually reach jupiter, like you said, it's going to ignite jupiters gases or summat like that and BOOOOOM out goes the universe. Thats what I think. But don't worry, we'll all be dead by then, since thats loads of centurys away from happening. 1 century = 10 yrs I think.

Jupiters explosion might cause the solar system that survives the suns destruction to blow up, but nothing as major as the universe smile.gif

One Century - 100 Years tongue.gif

Archeologists or however you write it found another Mayan calender that will end like 3500-5000 later than that 21-12-12 DOOM! one. I think that there will be a alien attack, caused by people trying to communicate to them. Or normal people will destroy Earth because they don't care about nature :c

Personally, I'm hoping for some dramatic Whovian plot where aliens come and kidnap the earth and we all die that way. tongue.gif At least I'd be able to say "TOLD YOU SO" before I met my demise.

Archeologists or however you write it found another Mayan calender that will end like 3500-5000 later than that 21-12-12 DOOM! one. I think that there will be a alien attack, caused by people trying to communicate to them. Or normal people will destroy Earth because they don't care about nature :c

I've heard NASA sent a probe into space with a picture on it, 4 years later a crop circle was found with the exact copy on it biggrin.gif NASA then unclassified the probe and said on their website that aliens must exist smile.gif

I think some people are idiots, if any aliens do find a probe, they should be much more advanced. That means we might all die by one stupid probe :/

I've heard NASA sent a probe into space with a picture on it, 4 years later a crop circle was found with the exact copy on it biggrin.gif NASA then unclassified the probe and said on their website that aliens must exist smile.gif

I think some people are idiots, if any aliens do find a probe, they should be much more advanced. That means we might all die by one stupid probe :/

This is definitely not true.