Pokemonfan13

Ablility to view breeding page like fertility

Good idea?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Suggestion #1 This would be a completely optional feature

For those with large scrolls it can be a pain to scroll through to somewhere in the middle to find the dragon you want to breed in the breeding page list. My suggestion is to have a view similar to the fertility view and the customsort/2 page available in the account options. It would have the image that is used in those views, the same as lineages, with the name of the dragon underneath. Either the image would be a link as in the fertility page or it would have a "breed" link underneath the name.

Because it would be easier to accidentally click a dragon you don't want to breed with with this view it would have to have a confirmation. "Would you like to breed with [dragon name here]?"

Suggestion #2

Secondarily, one feature I'd like to have is to have the image on the breeding page link to the dragon's view page or the dragon's lineage page that would open in a new tab or new window. I often want to check the lineages of prospective mates and have to have another tab and find them there to open the view page. It would make sense to have the image in the breeding list be a link to the view or lineage page. If this implemented, with the suggestion above, there would be a breed link below the name and the image would be a link to the view or lineage page.

This would also be optional, since apparently a ton of links can cause loading a page to lag, so those with slow internet or who wouldn't use it can decide to not risk the lag, while those who would find this indispensable would brave the chance of lag and enable it.

So, what do you think?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'd like for lineage linking to happen with or without this. x3

I wouldn't really use the tiles, but I don't have a problem if it's something we can choose to not use. o3o

I'm definitely for the linked lineage. I can see how the tiles would be very useful for some people, but I don't care much either way on that since I usually breed with a mate in mind and can just crtl+f and find 'em by name.

The first would only really be useful when you are breeding a dragon for the first time or when you are breeding it to a new mate, but I would like it if it were optional. I definitely want the second! Voted yes to both. smile.gif

A big yes to both! I would love to be able to click the dragon's lineage on the breeding page rather than having to find the dragon in my scroll (and with the forced pages it's harder now). And I don't always keep the same mate for my dragons so a bigger viewing page like Fertility would be much much easier.

Linked lineage, please. :3

Wow. Lots of "yes" votes, a few "wouldn't use" votes and one "no". I added something so hopefully those who don't like the idea will say why they don't like it.

I guess adding a poll greatly reduces the number of posts.

Im not sure yet, but I would really like it if the dragons on the breeding list to have a link to their lineage.

I support this fully. Even with only a silver trophy, it gets very annoying to have to keep scrolling through the list, spamming my mouse wheel (although, tip for you guys: Page Down/Page Up/End/Home are pretty handy if this doesn't get implemented). Also, I've ended up breeding my Tinsels with lineaged mates instead of CBs because I couldn't remember which were CB, or easily check. smile.gif

I can't use ctrl f to find my dragons because I can't remember what everything is named. I mainly look for the species rather than a specific dragon, and my names are gibberish because they're based on the code, so they're a lot harder to remember. =3

When I'm trying to find the two dragons of a species that are visible when I am in the breeding view (since I have two males and two females of each color morph of each species) when they're somewhere in the middle of the scroll and I'm scrolling quickly to get to them I can very easily blow by them. It wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem when I don't have as far to scroll. I know when I'm looking for dragons to use fertility on I'm a lot less likely to blow by them.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

This would be useful, since I sometimes breed unnamed dragons and forget whether they're CB or lineaged.

Even with the new "breeding" filter option, I still love the idea of being able to view dragons in rows with mini avatars like when I use Fertility and/or Alternative Sort. I just love this view tons more better than the scroll down the list option.

I don't know how this impacts server resources. However, if it is not a great drain for server or other resources, please please please consider this option. I think you would be surprised how many people would LOVE having that as a view opition rather than just the long scroll with the extra useless info of UVs, Views, Etc. Once adults are dragons, this info is totally useless.

I want to be able to see multiple smaller icons and names in a faster to skim version. If I could change the look of my scroll between the mini incons view and the normal scroll, I would have the mini icons up WAAAAY more often than the scroll.

And it would solve my issue of having to deal with 2 scroll pages instead of 1. Just throwing out that if I could have any Christmas Wish (other than my Two-Headed Holly), I would wish for this feature.

I'd like lineage links. That would be really helpful. smile.gif I wouldn't use the tiles though. What I'd prefer, actually, would be to have the option of setting fertility up like breeding. tongue.gif I prefer the list.

But I can see how this would be helpful for other people. ^^

I voted yes for both. I've been wanting mates on the breeding page to link to lineage for ages because I don't like using tags (i.e. CB, 2G) in my dragon names and it makes it annoying having to open up a separate tab each time to check lineages.

With the pagination system... I would also like to see the option of the tiles. It's so frustrating combing through my pages to find dragons to breed (I swear I always go to one wrong page before the right one). Most of the time it's okay because my main breeding dragons are on the second page but naturally this changes as I get more dragons and the ordering gets messed up.

As long it actually stays optional, Im fine with it.

Reason is becuase my computer is an arse to me and it would probably click the lik even when I didn't want to, which is why I'd say please make it optional. Plus when a neww tab opens, it freaks out and freezes for a few the comes back alive.......

Yes if optional.

No is not optional

I probably wouldn't use the first option, simply because I don't use the fertility option all that much as it is, so it would be a wasted option on me, personally. So if it were made optional, I'd live it with it like I do other options I don't have a use for. Now, if I had the ability to check the lineage of the dragon I want to breed another dragon with RIGHT THERE, instead of having to hit the back button and scroll all the way through pages of scroll and dragons to find it, that would be a blessing. Then maybe I wouldn't dumped that messier bluna to the AP that wasn't intended to be bred, and would have sent the 2nd-gen I thought was going, instead. rolleyes.gif

I probably wouldn't use the first option, simply because I don't use the fertility option all that much as it is, so it would be a wasted option on me, personally. So if it were made optional, I'd live it with it like I do other options I don't have a use for. Now, if I had the ability to check the lineage of the dragon I want to breed another dragon with RIGHT THERE, instead of having to hit the back button and scroll all the way through pages of scroll and dragons to find it, that would be a blessing. Then maybe I wouldn't dumped that messier bluna to the AP that wasn't intended to be bred, and would have sent the 2nd-gen I thought was going, instead. rolleyes.gif

The first has nothing to do with fertility. I'm just using the way you view your list of dragons when you use fertility as an example. I could also use the customsort/2 as an example, but I thought fertility was better since it is links and might be better known.

Forgive the funky wording of my post, Pokemonfan. I did understand that yours was about breeding and using the tiling feature of fertility or something like it. Sometimes, I need a translator. Or I just need to stop posting when I desperately need sleep.

I love love love love this idea. Heck, if I could have an options to view my default scroll look to the fertility / alt sort method I would die and go to heaven in a great flaming chariot of sheer joy. While I love the secondary option also, I would be just as happy to find the smaller pixel, right click and choose open in new tab.

Honestly, I really really dislike the the multi page scroll view option. It is full of wasted space with useless info. I don't care about views once its an adult. I just need names and little pictures for how I play. The more options I have to view the game this way, the happier I shall be.

Support! My scroll isn't even massive and I still use CTRL+F on the breed pages to find dragons I'm looking for. I've had a couple instances I couldn't do this, like when I'm after a dragon I haven't named yet or a dragon I've forgotten the name to, and the first suggestion would really help with those. I can see it being a huge help to the players that don't name their dragons.

The second suggestion is something I would absolutely love to see implemented. Some of my dragons have similar names (especially the ones in breeding projects), so there are times I'd like to open up their pages in a new tab so I can check their offspring/lineage to ascertain I've got the right one. It's such a pain opening a new tab and scrolling through my dragons to find it. XD