DragonLilly

"Best Wishes"

user posted image

Forum Name: Smallguy

Name of my lineage: A Wish For Others

Tagline: We wish for others.

Species of Dragons Used: Any are accepted

Concept: Generosity for the sake of generosity. A Wish for Others helps people who want to give back to their heroes, by giving back for them. We are here to make sure that the idea of giving thanks is not forgotten, by helping people give thanks.

(Please help me make this more inspiring)

user posted image

Forum Name: Smallguy

Name of my Lineage: A Wish for Others

Link to my Male: http://dragcave.net/view/U5mTM

Link to my Female: http://dragcave.net/view/MTMGk

Proven Pair: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jrcKt

Edited by Smallguy

I would like to thank JavaMom for my wonderful wish! (I had intended to quote her post here, but with the new thread, it seems to have disappeared!)

JavaMom is my mom. I'm 23, and just graduated college last year. I have my first "adult" job, and am living independently. My mom is a wonderful friend and source of inspiration for me. I'm so happy that we have the kind of relationship where we still enjoy talking, hanging out, and playing DC together. She always has my best wishes!

I have named my wish Ohana Wish ('Ohana=family), since he came from my mum.

(In case anyone's curious, Java is one of our dogs. He's taken over the photo albums, the kitchen, the thermostat, my mom's forum username... tongue.gif )

That´s a wonderful lineage, Dragoness! wub.gif

Not only it´s a continuation of my original Aloha wishes lineage,

you named it after my practice name smile.gif (I´m a natural health healer / practitioner).

user posted image

Forum Name: DragonLilly

Name of my Lineage: Godly Greek Wishes

Link to my New Wish: http://dragcave.net/lineage/2MHWS

Name of its Father: Herakles' Greek Wish

Name of its Mother: Hebe's Greek Wish

It was given to: fallen_leaf

Because: It originally shoud go to Socket Pupp Strangler, but I couldn´t make contact sad.gif I´ll try again with the next wish!

As fallen_leaf wished me so well tonight, I had to give something back! fallen_leaf has done so much for this side and I love her banners so much, that I want her to have one of every lineage! Maybe you´ll join me in this quest! wink.gif

Edited by DragonLilly

user posted image

Forum Name: fallen_leaf

Name of my Lineage: Original Wish

Link to my New Wish: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Hcoge

Name of its Father: Best Wishes - Wish's Mate

Name of its Mother: Best Wishes - OriginaLilly Wish

Name of my Lineage: StarWish

Link to my New Wish: http://dragcave.net/lineage/BSqCE

Name of its Father: Best Wishes - StarWish Light

Name of its Mother: Best Wishes - StarWish Sun

Both were given to: DragonLilly

Because:

As the mother of our little thread and the first starter of the Original Wish line, DragonLilly is the most deserving person to receive a Best Wishes gift! And it was well past time I gave one to her. laugh.gif

So here are the first baby of the wish she gave me last week, as well as a little StarWish dragon to keep it company. happy.gif

Best Wishes, DragonLilly! laugh.gif

Umm....so I'd like to try this....

A Wish for Others has it's first egg!

WHICH MEANS WE GET TO GIVE IT AWAY!

It's about a day away from hatching. It's a nebula from a Red x Nebula.

If YOU want to anonymously send a wish to someone else, PM me and I'll send the little hatchling their way. Including a kind but evilly mysterious message is recommended, but not required.

If I get more than one (and I hope I do!) I'll waitlist them in order of arrival. Each and every person that is nominated WILL get a hatchling. Just saying.

LET THE WISHING FOR OTHERS BEGIN!!!

Good Day my dearest Wishers!

As the first "Wish for Others" waits to go to a new home, I´d like to invite you all to join this wonderful project! To become a donor, and earn good karma with every gift, you just have to let us know some details about your breeding pair.

The requesters can write you a PM, and ask for a hatchie. You breed and hatch, than give the little dragon away. If the gifter wants, you can do a special dedication in the sending PM, but please don´t give the gifters identity away.

If you are asked for a Wish for Others, please let me know via PM, so that I know that your breeding pair is unavailable for a week. If the pair can be breed again, let me know and I´ll tell the Wishers.

I think it is impossible to find a naming scheme for the different pairs. The Gifted should just name their hatchie as they like. You as a breeder can name the parents with Wish names like "Wish you get / well soon", "All luck for / your test", "Happy / Birthday" or whatever you like.

I just received the first "Wish for Others" !

And Smallguy was right - it is a very special feeling. The surprise, guessing, and the suspense... smile.gif I'm still pondering if I start to ask around (more or less subtly, of course) or not... Hm... smile.gif

And with such a nice, mysterious text to it...

So - thank you very much, anonymous gifter ! I'll love and cherish the little Nebula, and the kind gesture, and I hope I'll prove worthy of your good wishes in the future, too.

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus (who can't wait for the little one to gender, so it can be properly named)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I hope the Admin(s) will excuse this double-posting, but the last one I was writing as a "civilian" to thank for the gift, and I don't want it to get jumbled with the things I have to say now as a thread-mod.

Hear, hear ! wink.gif

I have the honour to (pre-)announce a new Wish-lineage: SnowSherry's "Beautiful Wishes".

I'll help her to write up the necessary things over the weekend, but I wanted to inform you all as soon as possible. (Just in case fallen_leaf wants to start on the banner/marker right away, for example... wink.gif ) You can find her pair and their daughter right here.

Have a nice weekend and enjoy the Olympic Games !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

A new ALOHA WISH went out - it´s a girl! wub.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/1dDkZ

I´ve send it to Lantean_Pegasus. She´s done such a great work here with the thread,

THANK YOU SO MUCH or MAHALO NUI LOA.

She´s certainly a ALOHA-spreading person and deserves a lot of ALOHA hatchies.

Thank you very much, ulalena, for this beautiful little Wish-girl. She'll be loved and kept happy, and I'm sure with time I'll find her a mate. smile.gif

This thread is the work of many, but I'm happy that my little input helps all of us to enjoy our Wish-gifting. May this enjoyment last a long, long time.

It wasn't easy to decide how the little one should be named, but since I'm a big fan of the Age of Sail in general, and Captain James Cook in particular, I took that route. Hawaii was his last harbour, and though it didn't end well due to misunderstanding, it started out as a friendly, fascinated relationship between people from very different cultures. Plus, the meaning of the principles of Pono and Kala (the parents) fit Cook's spirit quite well.

So to remember a great and open-minded explorer, and the discovery of the wonders of those islands for the Western civilization I'll call the little dragon "Captain Cook's Aloha Wish".

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

A new Aloha Wish just went out! laugh.gif

It's a girl! wub.gif

I've sent it to Lullakai-Shi. I received the perfect mate for one of my silvers when we traded a few weeks ago. She's been patiently waiting for a tinsel that I've been trying to breed for her. Her PM's are always so nice and pleasant, people like her make Dragon Cave that much brighter! smile.gif Thank you, Lullakai-Shi!

Edited by JavaMom

A new Aloha Wish just went out!  laugh.gif

It's a girl!  wub.gif

I've sent it to Lullakai-Shi.  I received the perfect mate for one of my silvers when we traded a few weeks ago.  She's been patiently waiting for a tinsel that I've been trying to breed for her.  Her PM's are always so nice and pleasant, people like her make Dragon Cave that much brighter!  smile.gif  Thank you, Lullakai-Shi!

Thank you for the beautiful hatchie. wub.gif Now, I need the perfect name for her... *ponderponder*

EDIT: Decided to go with Mau Loa Wish. smile.gif 'Mau Loa' means 'forever', which is exactly how long I'll adore my gifted wish for. <3

Edited by Lullakai-Shi

Huh, accidentally used hubbies account, it was open a moment ago, sorry.

What a beautiful name! wub.gif I´m so proud of you, continuing the lineage

and using the Hawaiian language so skillful, thank you very much!

I love my dragon grandchildren and great-grandchildren...... biggrin.gif

Edited by ulalena

user posted image

Forum Name:DragonLilly

Name of my Lineage:A Wish for Others

Link to my Male: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZDPSm

Link to my Female: http://dragcave.net/lineage/52CXj

Proven Pair: http://dragcave.net/lineage/pHp1O

Just in time for the holiday season here in bavaria my "Godspeed" -pair gave me the first egg. If you know someone to go on a journey and wish a save travel for this special someone, let me know and I´ll send him your Godspeed wish!

Wishes for Others has been updated and included the first two pairs. I hope for more, soon!

Edited by DragonLilly

user posted image

Forum Name: ulalena

Name of my Lineage: Original wishes offspring

Link to my New Wish: http://dragcave.net/lineage/icFnj

Name of its Father: Romantic Dragons Mana Power Wish

Name of its Mother: Romantic Dragons Ola Healthy Wish

It was given to: Nicoleong9

Because: Nic adopted some of my Tinselkins for which I´m very grateful. Always good to know the little ones found loving new homes.

Thank you so much, Nicole!

Edited by ulalena

TWO NEW WISH FOR OTHERS EGGS HAVE BEEN BORN!

A red, and a vine are born and ready to be hatched! PM me if there's someone special that you think deserves a wish!!!

To breed my dragons first they need to grow up can you all help with that. Please!

=egg spam removed-

I need help with this there going to die.

Edited by rubyshoes

Hello polarchill12 !

We can't have that, your poor little eggs dying. But it's not allowed to post the links to them here in the forum (because there would be so many links, then).

However, there is a better way:

There are fan-sites, called click-sites. There you can register your eggs and hundreds of users will give them the views they need.

There are for example:

Eggs around the World

Valley Sherwood

and others (you can see a list here).

You should use one or two of those sites, and your eggs will grow up fine. Don't use too many, or your eggs might get sick (and perhaps die) from too many views.

Good luck with your dragons !

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

I went to visit my dear friend DragonLilly, spending half of my yearly vacation days, so - holidays ! Huzzah !

And someone sent me a lovely little Wish for a good journey. This beautiful gentleman is my first Tangar, and will be cherished as the dragon of luck for all my holidays to come. smile.gif Thank you very much, mysterious gifter !

Greetings (from Bavaria this time),

Lantean_Pegasus