Sign in to follow this  
mickiloo97

Useless Rubidium | Accepting

Useless Rubidium

Accepting Dragons | Humans

(Whatever is slashed is not being accepted.)

"Wow. I-... It's beautiful." Dr. Harris thought to himself, gazing out the window of the spacecraft. The planet below them was a lush green planet, known as Thanatos. From a distance it looked normal, but up close he could see two things: the first was the amazing mountainous terrain, and the second was the flora that engulfed the surface. Even though the planet met none of the standards for supporting life, here it was. It had taken them far too long to discover the planet's secret, but no one could be blamed; they were looking within their knowledge of life, but this planet had none of it. The only reason they had inspected it closer was due to strange heat signatures. They didn't understand exactly what caused them, but that's why they were there. And Dr. Harris would be the first to solve its mystery.

"Strap up for entry," a voice called to him. Dr. Harris slowly removed his face from the window and began entry protocol. Show time.

From then on, everything went smoothly: the landing, the data gathering, the exploration. They had already collected samples of the plant life, but there were no signs of the heat signatures. Until...

"We got one!" Someone called out from the craft, sounding extremely excited. Everyone rushed over to look at the equipment and sure enough, a tiny blip had showed itself, about a mile away, right underneath a mountain. "So... It's underground?" Dr. Harris asked plainly, "I mean, we can see that there's clearly nothing on that hill that wasn't there before, and we know from our scans that tunnels run all the way beneath the surface." Everyone looked at each other for a few seconds, then smiled and went to get ready.

"It's coming from just down this hall," one man called back, looking at his wrist where a device was strapped. Dr. Harris and three others walked quickly through the massive cave system, anxious to find what they were looking for. Their footsteps could be heard reverberating off the walls as they went, all of them wearing regular clothes since the atmospheric pressure was close enough to that of Earth's. All they had to keep them alive was air tanks and masks.

They finally got to the end of the tunnel and turned the corner into a large cave, that seemed to be artificially carved. The ceiling was only slightly higher, but the width of the room was twice that of the tunnel. What really amazed them was the cause of the heat signatures.

Laying on the ground, scattered all throughout the room, were large translucent spheres almost about four feet tall. Eggs, having no shells, they varied in color and seemed to pulsate a soft light from their cores. They looked more like large rubber balls than your common egg, but that's clearly what they were. The group cautiously entered the room and gazed at their find; the discovery of the millennium. Dr. Harris walked up to one and inspected it closely before putting his hand gently on it's surface.

Suddenly, a loud noise reverberated from the way they had come, like rocks tumbling. It came again. Everyone in the room was stock still, but after the third, everyone began moving towards the exit. Everyone, except for Dr. Harris.

Dr. Harris looked down at his hand to see that the egg's surface had begun to ooze around his wrist in a spiral pattern. It was already up to his elbow, but that's where it stopped. He tried to pull his hand free, only successful once the egg had released it's hold. The sounds from outside had gotten even louder and he hoped the rest managed to escape. He began running towards the exit, but when he turned the corner he stood face to face with none other than the mythical dragon.

Plot/Setting

The year was 2097. Humans had successfully colonized the moon, as well as explored much farther into space than ever believed possible. Technology had grown and expanded over the years and most humans now lived in a somewhat futuristic society. Despite the advances, general life wasn't much different from life during the early twenty-first century. Except of course, for the dragons.

Prior to the discovery of the dragons, it was believed (logically) that life could not exist on any discovered planet. Simply put, no known planet had what was necessary to sustain life as we knew it. However, the dragons did not fall into the category of "life as we knew it." They were a new kind of being, one that could not only survive without oxygen, but even in the vacuum of space. The reason this was possible had nothing to do with the durability of the dragons, as they shouldn't be able to survive for an instant without air, but instead with their body's strange ability to convert a substance known as rubidium into a special kind of energy. As it takes up only 0.00046% of the human body and is not necessary for humans' life, it was nothing less than a perfect match between the humans and dragons and this energy not only gave life to something that shouldn't be able to live, but also gave them strange powers as well.

After the dragons were discovered by Dr. Harris and his team (Dr. Harris sadly did not escape, nor was his body recovered), interest in the planet plummeted. No one wanted to venture to study the dragons since they had already killed one person and, luckily, the dragons couldn't leave their planet because it was the only place they could get the substance necessary for their survival.

This stalemate didn't last long, as the egg Dr. Harris had come in contact with had, for some reason, taken his DNA and added it to it's own. This resulted in what is now known as a "Weredragon." It turns out that the human body naturally produces rubidium in decent quantity, but can't use it like a dragon can and the dragons could only get the substance from their home planet, where it was found underground. The Weredragon however, both produced and used the substance, allowing it to venture away from it's home.

When the Weredragon left it's home, it arrived at a human space station and introduced itself in English. The Astronauts were amazed at the specimen, which appeared human. After extensive research on the cooperative new creature, they learned everything about it. They discovered that Weredragons can take the form of a human or dragon at will, as well as use it's powers in both forms.

Present day, 2099: it has been two years since the first discovery of the dragons, and more eggs have bonded with humans to create Weredragons, but sadly information on these creatures has leaked and groups all over are trying to use them for their own means.

Dr. Harris' brother has started an organization known as the Thanatos Research and Training Agency (TRTA) to train the Weredragons and the humans they bonded with to defend the peace, the world, and the dragons themselves. These people and Weres work together to protect the planets and all their inhabitants.

Another group, Thanatos' Rescuers, they call themselves, has also appeared, with the intention of using the Weredragons' power for the dragons themselves. A different opinion has arisen with this group. An opinion that dragons do not belong on Earth. That dragons, even Weres, are creatures and deserve to be their own planet hundreds of light-years away. This group has been working hard, even beside dragons, doing their best to convince the world that they are the ones that are correct, that they have the dragons' best interest at heart.

You are either a Weredragon or a human. Your opinions are your own. You can try to help advance the cause of the Weredragons as independent peace-keepers, or attempt to get them back home. It's up to you, but the first Weredragon resides with the Rescuers, and they have a head-start.

Edited by mickiloo97

Rules

• All DC forum rules apply.
  • I am god. My word is law.
  • Since there are being technically difficulties with the OOC, PM me all forms for now.
  • I reserve the right to add, edit or remove any rules as the RP progresses.
  • Using original characters is encouraged. DC dragons are allowed, but frowned upon.
  • This is a semi-lit roleplay and I'd like it to stay that way. At least four sentences in each post.
  • No flaming, trolling, or being mean to other RP'ers.
  • No mary/gary sues. No perfect or useless characters.
  • Characters are allowed to be killed, but both users (killer and victim) must be okay with it and it must be discussed via PM. Not in an OOC or in the RP thread!
  • Romance and violence is encouraged and allowed, but keep it PG-13.
  • A Weredragon's powers are limited to three, but they must all be closely related. (I.e, One could not have "fire breathing" and "controlling lightning" together).
  • If you have a Weredragon character, you may not make another until you create a human one and use it actively.
  • Please do not put "To be RP'ed" in any field in the character form, although I can hide the personality/history/etc from everyone if you'd like, but do your best to stick to what you wrote.
Weredragon Information

Weredragons usually don't have normal hair/eye color, setting them apart from humans. Besides this, they can blend in normally. They also have super human abilities, like being able to jump extreme heights and distances. To such an extreme, it almost appears as if they are gliding. All "Weres" have these abilities, and they do not apprehend any other powers one may have. These abilities must be taught like walking, but all Weredragons are born with them. The abilities vary between individuals and can be strengthened or weakened over time and through training.

Character Sheets

Please delete anything inside parenthesis when sending. Remember, every character has strengths and weaknesses.

[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Species:[/B] (Human or Weredragon)
[B]Allegiance:[/b]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Both description or picture is fine as long as it represents the character well.)
[B]Personality:[/B]
[B]History:[/B]
[B]Powers/Skills:[/B](For Weredragons only)
[B]Other:[/B]

Edited by mickiloo97

Accepted Characters

Username: mickiloo97

Name: Moonshine (Nicknamed, "Moony" or "Moon" by friends, and "Hooch" from enemies.)

Species: Weredragon

Allegiance: TRTA

Appearance: Dragon; In his human form, he appears to be in his late teens to very early twenties. Moony has medium length darker blue hair; blue enough to match his scales. The underneath of his hair is light blue, the same shade of the ventral side of his wings. This part is rarely ever seen, unless he purposely shows it, or he is hanging upside down. His facial features are bold and wide, but somehow delicate at the same time. Simply his presence can seem to drain any weakness from the room. His eyes are a piercing red, but can seem oddly comforting. Moon is relatively tall, standing about 5'10 and has a medium build, being lightly muscled. He usually wears a dark jacket that's slightly larger than it should be. He leaves it unzipped and wears a white t-shirt underneath with plain jeans and black shiny shoes, although, they rarely stay shiny.

Personality: Moony is not very modest, and can sometimes be quite cocky and sarcastic. He's always being a pain the neck, but he knows when to be serious. Even still, there is never a bad time for a joke.

History: He doesn't have much of a history. He was "born" on Earth and has simply never left.

Powers/Skills: Mimicry: He can copy other's abilities and powers temporarily. Power Negation: He can temporarily disable other's powers. Sensing: He can detect other's skills.

Other: That dragon drawing belongs to me. ^^ On another note, yes that is my handwriting.

Username: micki

Name: Rory Acres

Species: Human

Allegiance: TRTA

Appearance: [Without the jewelery, her eyes are the same blue of Moonshine's scales]

Personality: Rory is very bold and is not afraid of voicing her opinions. She is also quite sarcastic, like her dragon, but sometimes can become very angry and distant. She's adamant and rash and brave and will never give up a fight.

History: When Rory was young, she would always get picked on because of her not-so-feminine name, but she would have none of it. She was constantly labeled a bully at school, and had problems managing her anger. She was left without any friends because of this, which frustrated her. She would have very bitter and angry spells, then would run off, keeping away from other people all together. She fell into the TRTA program when a relative whom she was living with at the time was killed in a deep-space program.

Powers/Skills: N/A

Other:

Edited by mickiloo97

Im not an approver and theres not much to crit, but I still got some!

Close the font tag.

As it takes up only 0.00046% of the human body

For numbers in a percentage, percent should be spelled out in formal writing.

No one wanted to venture to study the dragons since they had already killed one person and luckily, the dragons couldn't leave their planet because it was the only place they could get the substance necessary for their survival.

Comma before and after 'and'

but can't use it like a dragon can and The dragons could only get the substance from their home planet, where it was found underground.

'The' shouldn't be capitalized.

When the Weredragon left it's home it arrived at a human space station and introduced itself in English.

Comma after 'home'

Dr. Harris' brother has started an organization

It should be 'Dr. Harris's brother'

with the intention of using the Weredragons' power for them.

'them' should be 'themselves'

Your opinions are your own You can try to help advance the cause of the Weredragons as independent peace-keepers, or attempt to use them as weapons for conquest.

Period(full stop) after 'own' and no comma between 'peace-keepers' and 'or'

This is pretty good and this is all that I can find. I might not be completely right but I hoped I help!

Hey, I have a few questions/slash critiques for the RP.

nor his body recovered.

Should be: nor was his body recovered.

You forgot to put [/font] at the end, to complete the code you wrote at the begining.

Questions:

Where is the RP going to be taking place? Earth? Thanatos? Both?

If the bad guys think that the weredragons shouldn't be on earth, how are they supposed to use them for conquest?

I might have more stuff once I examine closer. smile.gif it all looks spectacular. Congrats on such a great OP. xd.png

Edit: Crit ninja'd.

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

Lolz, Cyrus. And, Mickiloo, do you need a name? I got a few suggestions!

@SoiledLove

with the intention of using the Weredragons' power for them.

'them' should be 'themselves'

"Them" shouldn't be "themselves" because "themselves" isn't using the power for themselves they're using it for the dragons.

And I'm almost positive "Dr. Harris' " is correct.

@Cyrus

Font tag, blah blah, I know. tongue.gif

Not much of the RP will be taking place on Thanatos itself, mostly on Earth or other planets within the Milky Way. xd.png

Yeah... *rubs neck* About that, heh... I just got tired of this thing sitting in a tab, so I posted it without looking over it 100% previously.

And don't be congratulating me; you did most of the work. tongue.gif

~EDITED~

I fixed the things that needed fixing, and I'm open for any name suggestions. And, SoiledLove? Please just call me Micki... >.<

Edited by mickiloo97

Okay, and yeah, I'm not as good as Cyrus and the others...

But can you make it clearer? The 'them' thing. Cause I misunderstood...

I know, but I don't really know any other way to explain it... >.<

And don't be congratulating me; you did most of the work.

xd.png I know. They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Edit: soiled... Did you just say you're not as good as me? I guarantee you're better than me at critting RPs.

Edited by Shapeshifting dragon Cyrus

@Cyrus

You son-of-a-biscuit....!

P.s, you're sig quote is wrong. >:3

Edited by mickiloo97

Stoick: When we crack this mountain open, all hell is going to break loose.

Gobber: ...In And my undies! Good thing I brought extras.

Just saying. ;D I've seen that movie more times than you've breathed. Trust me.

Edited by mickiloo97

Have you even listened to what he says? Because the last time I checked, websites don't have ears.

/shot

In the movie, he specifically says and. Not even close to in.

((I'm vanishing for the night. Day. Whatever. I'll be back in another... ten hours?))

Edited by mickiloo97

Yes I have listened to it, multiple times, though definitly less times than you. If you say so, I'll take your word for it, but I always thought he said in.

See ya, I'll be on tomorrow night.

Okay. It's been ten hours, and I'm back. smile.gif

And yet, we still don't have a name. Anyone?

I THINK I HAVE SOMETHING!

But it's not very good...

"Useless Rubidium"

/shot

Edited by mickiloo97

I really don't understand why you PM'ed them to me, and not just posted them here, but I'm sorry to say, I'm not hugely fond of any of them. ^^'

Just a few things. You had promised the players of the old RP first opportunity for character creation, so you wanna PM them and let them know about this? They may also have crits/name ideas, so that'll be a good way to get input too.

If I had any name ideas, I guarantee I'd tell you, but sadly I don't. However, I do have a few suggestion on the style of the name: first off, if should be interesting,(obviously) second off i don't think it should be anything related to "futuristic space dragons" because I think that gives people the wrong idea entirely, making it sound like it's about robotic dragons or something. In fact, I'd suggest getting that out of the title as soon as possible. Of course that's just my suggestion.

Personally I am not a big fan of the whole "space thing". I preferred the old version with the technologically advanced Catos city and the more primitive WereDragon clans.

thats just me though.

Sign in to follow this