SoiledLove

Blood Types Comic

Click here to read this funny comic and tell me what you think and if this is true or false.

I think that this hilarious but not true. Even though I do share quite a few characteristics with my blood type, but not everyone does.

Adorable little comic! Read all the ones on that page. :3 But not true, seems to be based more off of stereotypes than anything.

False. It's like a horoscope thing-people don't actually believe it. What, you thought Asians really believed this? tongue.gif

Edited by ylangylang

I think it's a "oh i wonder if this actually has scientific roots" thing more than a "silly asians believe in blood type stereotypes, hehe" thing, ylangylang. =T But, yeah.

For the record, I don't even know my blood type. >_>;

I think it's a "oh i wonder if this actually has scientific roots" thing more than a "silly asians believe in blood type stereotypes, hehe" thing, ylangylang. =T But, yeah.

Uh, it was meant as a joke, but anyways-it does have scientific roots, if you want to call early 1900s eugenics as "science". Basically the Japanese, during their imperialistic era, looked up the blood types of each nation, and concluded that there were more people with blood type A in Japan than in Korea or China. They attached diligence and hardworking traits to blood type A, as it's the "farmer" gene, and said that B was the "hunter" gene, which made up for their hotheadedness, irresponsibility, etc, so Japan was more superior to Korea and China.

Not a lovely piece of history, but somehow it survived and remains popular towards teenagers and such today.

Ah, my apologies, then. Anything with a ":P" emoticon I always read in a snotty tone.

Interesting! I actually didn't know a good bit of that, thanks.

Ah, my apologies, then. Anything with a ":P" emoticon I always read in a snotty tone.

Interesting! I actually didn't know a good bit of that, thanks.

No offense taken biggrin.gif

I don't really get how it survived this long though, especially in Korea and China. But that's the drawbacks of trying to modernize too quickly, I guess-we didn't really stamp out the Imperialist sympathizers.

All the Koreans in my school used to talk about this, so I'm sort of familiar. I don't know my real blood type, but based on the stereotypey things I'd probably be AB.

All the Koreans in my school used to talk about this, so I'm sort of familiar. I don't know my real blood type, but based on the stereotypey things I'd probably be AB.

Haha. It's like a big thing when you're a teenager. I'm a blood type A in real life, but I'm sorta the person who cannot be less of a stereotypical blood type A than anyone else on the planet, so... biggrin.gif

I'm AB, and I am not a thing like the AB in the comic(at least in the ones I have read so far). They are rather cute though.