Aiobhan

Adults who play DragonCave

I'll be 24 this November, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon~ I love dragons, I love pixel art, and I love collecting things--how could I not love this place? biggrin.gif

And I love how laid-back it is, I can do whatever I want however I want whenever I want. happy.gif

21 and still here. Don't plan on leaving anytime soon either!

^This

I was wondering what happened to this topic. tongue.gif

Wow, I had no idea so many other adults were out there playing DC. Glad to see so many!

*waves from New England*

Another 42 year old player to join the adults list. I've been playing just about four years now, and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

It's really interesting to see everyone's ages.

I'm 29, though I got confused and spent several months this year thinking I was 30. Once I hit all the old-enough-to-do-x milestones I stopped thinking about my age. I always have to stop and do maths (clearly sometimes not very well) when someone asks how old I am.

25 years old and enjoying my prettiful pixels. biggrin.gif Born and raised in the state of Alabama. happy.gif

Edited by sheppardkid

Adult here. Sadly.

First of all: Thanks for changing the Topic back to it's original form. I think there was a perfectly clear difference between "just post your age" and "are there any adults playing here" (if yes, tell me, by posting your age, or in more words) right from the beginning, but hey, the Internet sometimes needs very exact specifications. wink.gif

It's really interesting to see what an age-range we have here. Wouldn't have guessed that we had so many people of 40+ (let alone 60+) still playing games like this, but I think that's great ! Gives me hope that I'm not necessarily going to change and "discover the seriousness of real adult life" and lose interest in more or less "pointless" but highly amusing games. Or at least that I don't have to do that to lead a responsible life (obviously you can do both). Not that I didn't guess/believe that already, but it's always nice to see/read someone who already succeeded. wink.gif

And thanks to all the people who mentioned their homecountry, too. It's always very interesting for me to see how international a community like this is. And "collecting" posts from fellow DC members all around the world is almost as much fun as collecting dragons. "Wow, my little post is read/answered by someone on the other side of the globe!" still gives me a little feeling of awe. Which leads me back to "age"/"adulthood", because I guess that qualifies me as a relict from a time when there was no Internet, no Mobile Phones, and international phonecalls were complicated and very, very expensive. wink.gif

And then there was this:

I'm 29, though I got confused and spent several months this year thinking I was 30. Once I hit all the old-enough-to-do-x milestones I stopped thinking about my age. I always have to stop and do maths (clearly sometimes not very well) when someone asks how old I am.

Well, that's interesting - I tend to have the same problem ever since about the age of 26 or so... Not when I was 30 (round number, so easy to remember), but in most other cases. Guess it's not that strange - after you passed the age for legally being an adult and/or finished your education (in whatever form) you are asked about your age a lot less often. So it's quite an obscure fact you don't have ready easily. Perfectly normal. Nothing to do with getting older and loosing brainspeed. At least that's what I tell myself. laugh.gif

I am myself *ahem* in the over forty (and yet another birthday coming up) group and have happily played for years. Although where the idea came through that it was all very young players I'm a little confuzzled on.

I just love "confuzzled" ! Thanks for introducing me to it. laugh.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Phooey, I'm not an adult!

(But I have been around since the late 80's happy.gif)

I'm 21 and have recently become rather addicted here. I doubt I'll be leaving anytime soon!

I started playing when I was, like... 15, and I'm 19 now. But I don't actually play anymore, and I don't think I have for about two years.

27 from Canada, I remember playing back when the site first came up but didn't like it then. Started to play again this January and loving it... DC is like wine? It gets better with age? lol

I'm 18 going on 19 in september.

Some of you have been playing for such a long time. I wish I'd kept with DC, since I joined right after it started. Who knows how many dragons I'd have by now!

My husband just started yesterday, so we can add another 20-something to the list, lol.

*Raises hand* Twenty-three years old and just started playing maybe a month ago. I'm one of those odd folks who often feels like I'm not a day over sixteen, but at the same time not a day younger than fifty. I'm carefree and fun-loving like a kid, but also very mature and wise beyond my years.

I'm 23. I started playing DC about… a little over four years ago now. c:

I'm 21. Been playing since I was 17.

Hey, me too! :) Washingtonian (the state, not the city! -_-') here! Though I'm 21, I often get mistaken for 15-17. xC Probably because I hardly ever act my actual age~ x3

I love DC, have no intention of ever stopping playing, and even tried, unsucessfully, to get my brother to join, but he thinks it's boring because you can't "do anything" with your dragons... *headdesk*

Age: 46; no adult at all wink.gif ; started playing in March this year.

Hey, me too! smile.gif Washingtonian (the state, not the city! sleep.gif') here! Though I'm 21, I often get mistaken for 15-17. xC Probably because I hardly ever act my actual age~ x3

I love DC, have no intention of ever stopping playing, and even tried, unsucessfully, to get my brother to join, but he thinks it's boring because you can't "do anything" with your dragons... *headdesk*

Jersey/Pennsylvanian here (Born and raised in Jersey, just moved to PA 2 years ago).

See I'm quite the opposite with my acting age. I'm a grumpy 80 year old woman shaking her cane at the kids playing on her lawn, stuck in a 21 year old's body. I've always acted older than my age, ever since I can remember. Of course I can still act like a teenager on occasion (I am 21!) but most of the time I'm just a moody old woman. tongue.gif

Thankfully, no matter how old I am (or think I am) there are still games like this that keep me young. wink.gif

And my sister (17) is the same way. She played for a while (because I forced her) but she gets bored almost instantly with pretty much anything and everything so she stopped playing a while ago. It's a shame too because she does have a few interesting dragons. X\