prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

I...

~became a published author for one of my poems at the age of 13

~Am a proud member of my school's track team, who has been undefeated for 7 years with 100 straight wins

~Paricipated in middle school honors choir, a select choir taking about 70/500 of my district's middle school singers

~Was chosen for seminar, a high-level, very selective class

~Made $20 by running around with little children for two hours tongue.gif

Congrats, I hope you'll have a wonderful experience!

As for my post, Gillian Anderson, who played Scully in The X-Files is also one of those people who very rarely go to conventions, and I was very lucky that she was at one at a time when I was planning to go the the UK anyway.

(I am kinda sad, though, that my budget was rather thinly spread, because over the months after I booked the trip, the organisers announced many more guests I wanted to see, but alas. Maybe some other time in this life.)

She's going to be at the convention I'm going to as well! I don't know if I'll get to meet her but it'd be awesome if I could. Conventions are the one place you have the potential for running into actors at random.

On that note, I've run into Christopher Lloyd, Sean Astin, Jason Momoa (also from Stargate), and a few other actors at this convention before.

I am proud of being exceptionally bad at everything I do.

At least it gives me something to be proud of.

I've been to Clint Eastwood's house and met his wife.

I was able to get all the classes I wanted this semester without being put on any wait-lists!

Two weeks ago my dad took me drag-racing, and I drove for three of the five races!

I'm friends with Missy Franklin. You know, the one who won four Olympic gold medals and a bronze. She has a dragon I drew for her hanging up in her room, and I sometimes sneak up on and glomp her and she laughs.

I volunteered at the Brookfield Zoo for a whole summer and plan to for the next 2 more years!

I hate heights... but I went on Soaring in Disney in Florida... scariest thing ever! But cool too! xd.png

Um... I'm apparently really good with drawing stuff

All kinds of animals don't mind me being around them

I can type really fast...

I've been to Alaska... and been to nearly all 50 states of the United States.

that's all I got so far...

i have perfect attendance. 8D

rode a camel through a desert with a guide. :3

and i have visited everywhere except alaska and canada north pole and antartica south pole, etc... :3

i volenteered at a animal shelter. biggrin.gif

im pretty good at drawing. ( dragons only. my humans stink. )

im the only girl at my school who does not wear makeup.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

thats it. :3

Typing speed. Pecking is a actually a lot faster than real typing for me. And it works, so there's no reason to change it.

Speed reading, good memory for facts, good at drawing and writing, nice hair. biggrin.gif

Typing speed. Pecking is a actually a lot faster than real typing for me. And it works, so there's no reason to change it.

This. I never learned to type normally, but I can touch-hunt and peck very quickly

A fast, competent typist who knows how to actually type will almost always be faster than a typist who is very skilled with the hunt-and-peck method.

A fast, competent typist who knows how to actually type will almost always be faster than a typist who is very skilled with the hunt-and-peck method.

I realize this. I wouldn't win any typing speed competitions, but it doesn't take me three hours to type up one paragraph, either. My speed is more or less average; that's what I'm proud of. I should have worded my above post better, sorry.

Not all the time. I type about 90wpm with the hunt and peck method, where someone who used a typewriter is about 40wpm or less. That's what I'm proud of.

Not all the time. I type about 90wpm with the hunt and peck method, where someone who used a typewriter is about 40wpm or less. That's what I'm proud of.

I don't know if you can really compare a keyboard to a typewriter in terms of speed. They're designed differently, spaced differently, and the keys have more or less resistance depending.

Shook hands, and talked with President Obama.

Went to the 2012 Olympics.

Climbed Mt. Fuji.

Ooh, ooh! I didn't even mention my favorite part of my life. My mock trial team has been undefeated at district for the past 2 years, and we've placed 4th at state twice. I've also been on the "A" team and leadership team for the past year.

I've also been told I dress well. And smell nice.

Yesterday, in spite of being very depressed and feeling physically rotten, I managed to get four comic book pages painted.

Which might not sound like much, but believe me -- it is. smile.gif

I got to redress a surgical wound 'in the field' - something that's normally the remit of registered nurses!

I've collected the Legendary trio in my first two months! Yay! Thanks to a lot of people I got them.

I draw a lot, but I can't find a way to put them online. dry.gif

I am also pleased because...

i found a way to not get my eggs and hatchlings to die! YAY!

Let me see... some of them:

I can type really fast.

I'm good at my main language's class. smile.gif

I survived natural disasters without getting injured or anything. (that's so badass!)

I survived the apocalypse (21/Dec/2012).

Edited by Slytherin7

Of all the ribbons from horse shows hanging in my room, there's more blue than any other color. cool.gif