prairiecrow

The Bragging Thread!

I won second place in a city-wide art competition with an oil reproduction of Monet's "Japanese Waterlilies" that I painted when I was seven.

I managed to canter a figure eight (on horseback) with only one stirrup and stay on.

I also won a (DC) description contest on the forums, twice.

Uhh let's see...

Won a Spelling Bee (well, a regional one)

Been on TV. I think it was MTV, something something or whatever.

I'm proud of my art and stories! ^^

My 2 main things I brag about is:

In 5 days I will be celebrating 6 years of sobriety from a very nasty substance.

AND

On June 22nd this year I finally got my grade 12 diploma (only 9 years late, if I stayed in school like a good kid I would've graduated in the year 2003) but that's not the bragging part.. the bragging part is that I did it and graduated with honors!

I recently painted twenty-four finished comic book pages in three days, thus saving the deadline on a project. That's a new personal record! Huzzah!

I climbed up the face of Snake Mountain (Vermont), accidentally. While Snake Mountain is not very tall, it is pretty steep and I have a huge fear of heights. My boyfriend and I decided to hike this mountain last summer, and we accidentally went up the wrong way. So we ended up climbing over the rocky face. HUGE accomplishment for me.

I'm proud of my move out to Vermont to be with my boyfriend, even though it didn't gain much of a vote with my family. My way of taking that step out of the nest, I guess you could say.

I can read a book in under three hours -- doesn't matter what book it is, if it's put in front of me, I will read it in that time limit, because I am that good at reading.

I have never broken a single bone in my body for my whole life (if 14 years old counts as a lifetime, lul).

I am proud of my art, drawings, and my music videos (tlk2 ftw!)

I got into the National Honor Society (NHS), a prestigous scholastic club that is known around the world.

I recieved the principal's reward at my high school.

I have a 4.3/5.0 (or 3.7/4.0) GPA.

I can read a book in under three hours -- doesn't matter what book it is, if it's put in front of me, I will read it in that time limit, because I am that good at reading.

I have never broken a single bone in my body for my whole life (if 14 years old counts as a lifetime, lul).

I am proud of my art, drawings, and my music videos (tlk2 ftw!)

If you are reading Hamlet in under three hours, less than the run-time of Hamlet, you are not understanding Hamlet.

I have:

a full academic scholarship to college.

visible abs.

an adorable kitty in my lap.

Pfffft, I don't mean to brag or anything...but today, I microwaved a TV dinner. And I DIDN'T BURN IT. Mad skillz, yo. Totally hardcore.

Pfffft, I don't mean to brag or anything...but today, I microwaved a TV dinner. And I DIDN'T BURN IT. Mad skillz, yo. Totally hardcore.

Oh, I hear you. Every time I manage to cook wieners without burning the water I'm all like "YES! I AM A COOKING GOD! NEED A SHOW ON THE FOOD NETWORK, YO YO!" *dances around kitchen*

Serious bragging, though... since getting a slow cooker for Christmas last year, I've created four different more-or-less original recipes for it that my husband is crazy about. LOL, I managed to avoid cooking in any serious way for forty-five years of my life, and now suddenly I'm subscribing to The Food Network and doing my own thang. biggrin.gif

If you are reading Hamlet in under three hours, less than the run-time of Hamlet, you are not understanding Hamlet.

Says someone who does not actually know me personally. Please do not assume anything. I never said I didn't re-read something, but more often than not, that is my set goal, and if I do not finish in that period, I have to start all over until I can read it within that period. I'm not reading hamlet yet, and have no desire to.

edit; I can also eat any type of meat product (mmm, sushi) and it tastes good to me, even if it is crispy. It's not really something to brag about, but it's fun to see people's faces when they know they cooked meat badly and I eat it anyway.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Says someone who does not actually know me personally. Please do not assume anything. I never said I didn't re-read something, but more often than not, that is my set goal, and if I do not finish in that period, I have to start all over until I can read it within that period. I'm not reading hamlet yet, and have no desire to.

edit; I can also eat any type of meat product (mmm, sushi) and it tastes good to me, even if it is crispy. It's not really something to brag about, but it's fun to see people's faces when they know they cooked meat badly and I eat it anyway.

It's just that most people who make these kind of time-related reading claims "have no desire" to try reading anything actually difficult to read, like Shakespeare, older classics like The Scarlet Letter... anything that actually REQUIRES active reading and can't be blown through without sacrificing any element of comprehension.

So I made a bread and wine dessert that turned out to be more delicious than it looks. |D

As I've never really cooked or baked anything before.

/brag

War and Peace. 1440 pages? Go! wink.gif

I can remember everything I read

I seem to be able to master anything I want to

I can surf (Not lately because I broke my board sad.gif )

I was one of the youngest people to be able to back flip with a wakeboard

I can deduct situations from things I see

I can physically mimic what other people can do incredibly well (My super power smile.gif )

And I can build replicas from movies and video games incredibly well smile.gif (working on a portal gun and need ideas for another project)

Bragging feels weird, I'm usually a modest person

-Straight A student

-Can play piano

Me too! biggrin.gif

Also, I did a lot of voluntary work this year and it really helped me grow as a person. Experience the world of the less fortunate you know? And it made me a more capable person as well.

Another thing that I'm glad I did was join a bunch of extracurriculars (buildOn, VP of Band Council, Tetris club, formed an unofficial writing club) and talked to many teachers. I gained so many friends and views from this. I also met many unique characters and learned their stories. Gahd, just so much knowledge this year.

Basically, I just love how much I've branched out this year and plan to do more in the following year of high school.

I also grew as a writer after I was inspired to write by a close friend and Edgar Allan Poe.

Edited by Dauntingale

(Trying desperatly to find something I can brag about)

Uhh... I'm a featured artist of the week on dA?

Umm... My IQ is in the top 10%... When I was younger it was in the top 5%.

Errr... I can memorize entire movies - sound, music, everything - and re-watch them in my head.

Uuummm... I beat The Perfect Run twice in Super Mario Galaxy 2 xd.png

Eerrr... I can sculpt incredibly well, just don't have the urge to finish my current project.

Uhh... Within the space of six months of hardly drawing at all, I can suddenly do near photorealistic pictures. Ex: Golden Guardian

And I'm guess I'm proud of how pathetic all those seem in comparision to others here xd.png

Oh yes... And being able to forecast a storm or other such weather and get it right every time.

I can kinda foretell coming events... I guess :\

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I have mostly overcome my Hydracephalus (water on the brain) .. on ocassion i have balance issues.. and my depth perception is sometimes off (which sucks)

here's the bragging part.. docs told my mom that I would not be able to walk, talk, be in a wheelchair... I am none of those things... No one even knows I have it UNLESS I bring it up!! I have had 3 corrective surgeries.. My last op I was 9 years old. I am 40 years old now!!

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.

I can keep rhythm with no metronome.

Uuuh I have a job?

I can keep rhythm with no metronome.

Uuuh I have a job?

And you are a very large number.

I have my own car that I'm paying off all by myself... no help from anyone.

To me its a great accomplishment cause I did it myself tongue.gif