SaveTheRares

Save the Rares!

What dragon are you saving up for?  

818 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have new Dragons!

Forum name: teresadurfin

New Frozen Hatchlings:

I'm cute when I'm small (Albino 001)

Ever wonder why (Albino 002)

How come I'm so small (BBW 005)

I'm a small shield (Guardian 001)

Why a Nazgul in my blood (Hellfire 002)

Nazgul is in my blood too (Hellfire 003)

Really --- Seriously (Vine 010)

Very seriously (Vine 011)

Frozen veggi (Vine 012)

I'm the god of sea -- ya right (Water 003)

FLOOD swimmer (Water 004)

FLOOD you (Waterhorse 001)

FLOOD me (Waterhorse 002)

FLOOD DC (Waterhorse 003)

FLOOD cave (Waterhorse 004)

FLOOD manager (Waterhorse 005)

FLOOD them (Waterwalker 001)

eeeeeek (Seawyrm 001)

New Adult Dragons:

(None)

Link to Sign up Post: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry6386989

Edited by teresadurfin

Okay, I should've asked sooner, but I'm slightly unclear on how offering eggs works.

I have a CB vampire and a CB red dorsal egg. I offer these for the amount of points they go for on the prize list, right? But the amount I get for donating is whatever's listed under the donors list? It's not a direct exchange of points, correct?

ATTENTION COLLECTORS!!!

You may now make direct points trading between Collectors. You may offer an egg up for trade up to the 'hard limit' of what it is worth on the points table. The points will be directly transferred from player to player after the trade.

Points tallies will be updated and condensed shortly. I'm behind on updating new dragons. Be patient and I hope to have them done in the morning.

There's no need to update your original posting with your new entries. HOWEVER, new entries must have hatched after the last date that you updated.

I haven't decided what to do with the "Donator's" portion yet so consider it a work in progress.

Edited by SaveTheRares

i've a few of questions.

You may now make direct points trading between Collectors. You may offer an egg up for trade up to the 'hard limit' of what it is worth on the points table. The points will be directly transferred from player to player after the trade.

if A is offering a CB striped for 30 pts and B agrees.

A to B: CB striped egg

B to A: 30 pts

so B will lose 30 collector pts and A will gain 30 donator's pts? this lead to my next question ...

I haven't decided what to do with the "Donator's" portion yet so consider it a work in progress.

does this mean 'collector pts' is separate from 'donator's pts'?

There's no need to update your original posting with your new entries.

if we don't, how do you know if the same hatchie/adult isn't counted twice?

HOWEVER, new entries must have hatched after the last date that you updated.

this may not be practical since one could trade in a qualified hatchie with a hatch date AFTER his/her last update post.

sorry for load of questions. i truly like this style of collecting and reward so i just want to make sure i understand the new changes.

btw, Xaesha, i really appreciate your effort to keep this up to date. truly, thanks.

Edited by teresadurfin

i've a few of questions.

if A is offering a CB striped for 30 pts and B agrees.

A to B: CB striped egg

B to A: 30 pts

so B will lose 30 collector pts and A will gain 30 donator's pts? this lead to my next question ...

You're correct.

No, both will be listed on the same table. It's easier to just put everything together and hopefully it will promote more trade between people.

if we don't, how do you know if the same hatchie/adult isn't counted twice?

We'll compare the hatch date to the last time you updated. Dragons hatched before your last update aren't eligible.

this may not be practical since one could trade in a qualified hatchie with a hatch date AFTER his/her last update post.

I see your point but I don't see another way to keep the system simple. I know updating your original post every time is time consuming and some people don't do it. When there is a thread wipe all of the data will be lost anyways.

sorry for load of questions. i truly like this style of collecting and reward so i just want to make sure i understand the new changes.

btw, Xaesha, i really appreciate your effort to keep this up to date. truly, thanks.

I don't mind the questions at all. I want to make it as simple for people as possible(including the Mods) and if there's a way to do that I'd love to hear it.

No, both will be listed on the same table. It's easier to just put everything together and hopefully it will promote more trade between people.

in the long run, it may 'discourage' ppl from collecting since what you're going to do after you racked up 300 pts from donating? collecting more inbred doesn't do much anymore. maybe instead of a 100% transfer, do a reduced rate. either set a % across the board or keep the old 'donator pts list' but update with high reward pts for donating.

so A from the above e.g. will only get 20 pts back instead of 30 (20 is just a random # i pick)

if we don't update original post, how do you know if the same hatchie/adult isn't counted twice?

We'll compare the hatch date to the last time you updated. Dragons hatched before your last update aren't eligible.

I see your point but I don't see another way to keep the system simple. I know updating your original post every time is time consuming and some people don't do it. When there is a thread wipe all of the data will be lost anyways.

i see your pt and agree that a simple system is always prefer. it isn't a big issue, just something i need to watch for (i already have one strike which i thought should be a post warning only... anyway). maybe we can suggest collectors to post twice a month of even once a month if they're not 'full time' collecting for this thread. this minimize the noted issue and reduce postings here. of course, that may mean each post will have higher # of dragons to check. so that's all up to the mods to decide what's best for them.

I don't mind the questions at all. I want to make it as simple for people as possible(including the Mods) and if there's a way to do that I'd love to hear it.

once we've the details sorted out, maybe we can add the new Q&A to the thread opening post. hope my 2cents help.

I have new Dragons!

Forum name: Dracaena

New Frozen Hatchlings:

28) v0UK7 - tsunami

29) M2Rm1 - bright breasted wyvern

New Adult Dragons:

17) YXvTN - purple (short lineage inbred)

This concerns me.

I AP hunt low time eggs and hatchlings. So this means I need to wait a couple days after updating to collect more.

To give you an example. My latest adult on this post was still growing when I posted the last batch. My time zone showed my last post as the 30th, it was updated the 31st and this dragon hatched on the 1st. So she barely fits in although she was clearly still growing at the previous update and couldn't be included then.

If I had caught a messy hatchling in the AP that I wanted to raise to adult for one of the other collecting threads I participate in or just wanted the BSA in that time frame I would have been just out of luck.

I have new Dragons!

Forum name: Dracaena

New Frozen Hatchlings:

28) v0UK7 - tsunami

29) M2Rm1 - bright breasted wyvern

New Adult Dragons:

17) YXvTN - purple (short lineage inbred)

This concerns me.

I AP hunt low time eggs and hatchlings. So this means I need to wait a couple days after updating to collect more.

To give you an example. My latest adult on this post was still growing when I posted the last batch. My time zone showed my last post as the 30th, it was updated the 31st and this dragon hatched on the 1st. So she barely fits in although she was clearly still growing at the previous update and couldn't be included then.

If I had caught a messy hatchling in the AP that I wanted to raise to adult for one of the other collecting threads I participate in or just wanted the BSA in that time frame I would have been just out of luck.

I will find a way to make it not a problem. Another issue is that if the thread gets wiped(and it will eventually), everyone will lose their join posts anyways. I think as long as the entries are no older than a few days past your last update you should be fine. Most people don't collect as actively as you so it shouldn't be a problem for them. I'll update the original post to clarify things.

I will also update the points sometime this evening. Promise! I'm still unpacking from the move so my time is still somewhat limited.

I'd like to join!

Forum Name: Malum

Scroll Link: Dragcave.net/user/Malum

Proof I read the Rules: August

Hatchlings:

9/18/12 Update

tkt4L

WleZZ

5AH6q

6EVsQ

ptCvS

bFn57