AngelicDemise

Thor

I recently saw Thor. I personally loved it (Hints why I'm making a topic about it.)

What I want to know;

-Have you seen it?

-Did you like it?

-Who was your favorite character?

-Who was your least favorite?

My answers;

-Of course~

-Oh yess

-Loki

-I didn't really have a least, I loved them all. >.>

Edited by AngelicDemise

I didnt care for it, i feel like it couldve had more action and less lovey dovey moments. =/ its a super hero movie not a romantic comedy

It had fights in it Kitty.

That's why I didn't want to watch it at first, you acted like it was horrible. >.>

It was actually really good, in my opinion.

yea like three fights and one doesnt even count. i just felt it need more conflict than what it shown.

not true, i hate Rocky xd.png though i did like the part where he wanted another drink but threw his cup

"I'll have another!" *throws his cup at the floor*

>.> Loki... I like Loki though... And people keep saying it wrong!!!

It is not Lowki, it is Loki!

Edited by AngelicDemise

Its cuz your suthern. at least people arent saying Lockey

-Have you seen it?

About three and a bit times.

-Did you like it?

Oh yes o3o

Loki. And Heimdall. Although Thor and Jane had their moments too. Also the Warriors Three. And Odin. And Frigga. And...

Sif. I don't know why. Just couldn't take to her.

I can't wait until The Avengers comes out in September on DVD, as it'll be the first time I get ti see it. Also looking forward to Thor 2, mostly because Loki is in it.

I'm not terrible fond of it. The love interest character + friends were bland, and Thor's character development was a little bit... off. Loki was handled pretty well, but overall I just wasn't crazy about the film. It had it's moments, but I only thought it was okay.

Heimdall is simply pure win.

While it felt like Thor's exile was a bit too brief, in all I loved it.

-Have you seen it?

YES

-Did you like it?

Yes indeed. A Great Popcorn flick. :3

Loki, definitly. Poor bb just needs a hug.

user posted image

Uh... Not any that I can think of.

I really liked this movie. It's a very cheesy popcorn flick for the most part. The darker moments happening mostly with Loki's side story rather then Thor's story. I'm not sure how describe WHY I like this movie. It's not on my favorite list like Iron Man or How to Train Your Dragon, but I would definitely sit and watch it if it's on.

I luff that gif... it was coot. I want it, but cant save it on meh nook... KITTY! Save it for me. >.>

Also, more of the action was with Loki, but everyone seemed to have a moment of fight.

I also agree, his exile could have been longer.

But i still luff this movie.

Thor <3

Thats all I have to say xd.png Loved the movie and the character Thor himself <3

-Have you seen it?

Yes, I finally caved in and watched Iron Man so I thought why not and watched all but the Hulk movies. (Those will be next!)

-Did you like it?

Loved it!

Thor

I don't really have one I can say is my least favorite. Although Selvig (I think that's the right one!) did get a bit annoying at times.

Have you seen it?

Yup, at least three times. ^^

Did you like it?

Yes, and while I believe Thor's exile should have lasted longer (at least a couple of months) to make the romantic subplot seem more beliveable, it was a very enjoyable movie with some great characters.

Who was your favorite character?

Loki was my favorite, but I also loved Thor and pretty much all of the other characters were neat.

Who was your least favorite?

I don't believe I have a least favorite character, I liked them all. :3

Thor was the movie that ruined my life because it introduced me to Tom Hiddleston.

Thor was the movie that ruined my life because it introduced me to Tom Hiddleston.

I'm actually very glad it did happy.gif

I wonder if he knows how many fangirls that one movie has won him, and whether he is pleased or creeped out.

I wonder if he knows how many fangirls that one movie has won him, and whether he is pleased or creeped out.

Probably more pleased since he seemed to have really like the role he played. A friend showed me a video of the actor just being playful and trying his hardest to be funny.

As for some answers, no I didn't like it, I don't have a favorite character, my least favorite characters are Thor and Loki. I feel the movie was handled awkwardly, the exile should have been longer, the love interest was just slapped on, and Thor's character development just randomly happened in the movie all in one go. He kept none of his original character and became a serious no nonsense person. I don't understand why the character had a 180 in personality change halfway through the movie. I don't know much about the comic books but I was seriously disappointed by the movie.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

My two bits:

Thor remained his cocky self right up until he failed to reclaim the hammer. It was at that point when his faithful weapon, that he had probably relied on for years, turned around and said 'nu uh' because he was not worthy enough to weild it. That was probably a massive blow to his ego. A short while later he is told that his father is dead, the very last things he said to him weren't very nice, and that he could never come home. His whole world fell apart.

Speaking from experience, sometimes a shock like that can induce an overnight personality change. I've seen it happen.

My two bits:

Thor remained his cocky self right up until he failed to reclaim the hammer. It was at that point when his faithful weapon, that he had probably relied on for years, turned around and said 'nu uh' because he was not worthy enough to weild it. That was probably a massive blow to his ego. A short while later he is told that his father is dead, the very last things he said to him weren't very nice, and that he could never come home. His whole world fell apart.

Speaking from experience, sometimes a shock like that can induce an overnight personality change. I've seen it happen.

I guess I just didn't receive the impact it should have. I know the filmakers did not want to have too many scenes of their character moping around, but the conclusion you came to didn't even register to me because it wasn't the main focus. Maybe that could have been changed by having his exile be the main focus of the movie since it is about him changing and learning to be a leader when his people needed it. But like you said he didn't know he was going back so he just decided to adapt quickly in his new home. I kinda see that as giving up though. Maybe that's why I was disappointed. A character who seems very stubborn and set in his way just gave up easily. Yes the hammer didn't work for him but maybe it could have been something he worked toward.

Maybe extra scenes were scripted but tossed because they didn't feel like it added to the film. Maybe if Loki hadn't shown up and lied about Odin's death shortly afterwards Thor may have decided to work on his worthiness, but once he was told he could never go home or cause a war (which could result in hundreds/thousands of his people getting killed or injured), he decided against it. Why work towards getting the hammer back if he couldn't use it? Or maybe he felt there may be someone else more worthy of it now?

I dunno.