TJ09

2012-06-25 - Pagination Updates

Thanks for the update TJ. My scroll is already paged so it does not really bother me.

This is disappointing. What exactly were the issues? I thought that is a user had a slow connection or something, they could set it to view, say, 50 a page already. Why make it mandatory for people with a good internet connection who liked it better the way it was before?

Ah, thanks for the update. I disabled pagination because I like to be able to search all my dragons at once from my scroll page, so I was just trying to work out how I'd accidentally re-enabled it. It's a shame to hear there are problems being caused by viewing all at once, though I can kind of understand why, given the size of some of these scrolls.

Don't really like this.

I never sorted my scroll via pages and even with 500 per page I don't like it much. My scroll's been cut into three now... makes it hard to zip around to where I want to go. ;___;

I understand lag issues, but isn't that the scroll owner's choice? I'll gladly put up with a little lag to have all my ducks in one row, so to speak, and from what I understand if others had set to see scrolls with multiple pages my scroll would appear that way to them. Thus slow internet people could make the pages small so as to not have issues.

Or if I'm wrong and that's NOT how the page thing worked, couldn't it just be changed to work that way instead of this?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Aww dang. sad.gif

Might I ask what problems the previous configuration caused though?

Welp, thats a useless update.

I personally would prefer that you choose how you view pages, rather than this :/

understand lag issues, but isn't that the scroll owner's choice?

I believe the issue wasn't just lag. It was things just not loading and pages not working and pages acting funky. It was kinda borked, not just laggy.

Welp, thats a useless update.

I personally would prefer that you choose how you view pages, rather than this :/

You do choose. Go to account settings and choose how many dragons you want to view per page.

The update is that you know can't view everything on one page because of things becoming broken.

I had no intention of ever using pagination. I find this severely annoying. :/

I guarantee the issues would be more annoying.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I guarantee the issues would be more annoying.

I've never had issues loading my dragons. All 536 of them.

Did a recount.

Edited by tyto_alba

I've never had issues loading my dragons. All 500 of them.

The limit is set to 500 now. The problems were with people who had it set higher.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I've never had issues loading my dragons. All 500 of them.

I never have the issue either but I do know peeps who does. It is annoying when all you see is a blank white page. So, this update will help folks with this problem I guess. Although I don't really like this, but for the greater good, I sacrifice. tongue.gif

ETA : Not having this issue mainly because I set my dragons previously to 800/page. But once I go over 1600 ish / page, I will also encounter the same issue.

Edited by arlymaye

Did a recount.

I started having problems once I got over 3000.

edit: I had changed mine over the last few weeks to 2000 per page due to the problems I was having. But I think I remember others having problems with even that many.

Edited by rubyshoes

Thanks for the update.

This doesn't bother me at all, but then again I've always had pages enabled and find it easier to sort with. o3o

Did a recount.

Nor have I for my 1030-something. But I suppose if there are bugs or issues, I'd rather three pages of dragons than a nothing loading at all.

this sucks. a lot. :/

why can't the people with the problems just have pages. this is really irritating.

Edited by lightningsky

As an update from my prior post: I totally understand you would have never made this change unless you really really had to. So I will take the time and scoot my BSAs to Page 2, and all others on Page 1, and use this as an excuse to get rid of some of my extra baggage (dragons that are completely useless to me).

Still hoping for some sort of future scroll sorting though so I don't have the need to have pygmy or frozen dragons that exist only to add as place holders where the Gen Changes on my Dragons.

Thanks for making the fix for those who needed it. No one should have to be told "sorry you've been loyal to this game for a long time and - oh well you don't get to keep that many dragons." Just because I don't like tons of dragons doesn't mean the game should be recoded to suit my needs over their inability to even see their dragons at times. They've been here longer and deserve it a heck of a lot more than I would!!!

PS: I notice I still get one page when I have thumbnails for manual custom sort and fertility. Is there an option where I can turn thumbnails on for one page of scrolling vs needing to see 1 dragon large icon per line?

Edited by natayah

Thanks, TJ. Glad to know.

That explains how my scroll suddenly went from one page to two pages, heh. I knew there had to be an update so I strolled over here and sure enough... updates. smile.gif

Sure, I'd rather unlimited dragons on scroll in one page, but if it causes problems for DC, borky or whatever - then pagination is perfectly fine by me.

Cheers!

Can the First, Next, Previous, Last links at least be a pretty font image instead of just the ugly links? Because, man, that's really unattractive when one hasn't had the clutter before.

The limit is set to 500 now. The problems were with people who had it set higher.

I have 1000+ dragons and have never had issues with them all on one page. And if people WERE having issues--they can customize their own pages to fix the problem without forcing everyone else to change, no?

That's what's tasting sour about this--I've never had issues at all, and page view is customizable, so forcing everyone to have pagination is... ew.

Well, I understand the reason but I liked my scroll the way it was before. sad.gif Anyway, thanks for keeping the site working with these updates...

I have 1000+ dragons and have never had issues with them all on one page. And if people WERE having issues--they can customize their own pages to fix the problem without forcing everyone else to change, no?

That's what's tasting sour about this--I've never had issues at all, and page view is customizable, so forcing everyone to have pagination is... ew.

My feelings exactly.

Can the First, Next, Previous, Last links at least be a pretty font image instead of just the ugly links? Because, man, that's really unattractive when one hasn't had the clutter before.

Do you know, I think that might be what put me off about pagination in the first place. I could never work out what it was that looked visually off to me, but I think that's it! Teeny little arrow images (like on photo hosting sites) are much less intrusive. If you put them up on the right opposite the scroll badges, I think you'd hardly even notice they were there.