Nadat

Take next [x] eggs

This isn't a bad idea. I'm up for it as long as there has to be a period of time where no eggs have been taken in order to use this function. Maybe one minute though instead of two? xd.png

However, the people who've had an incredible advantage up to now might be miffed because the field gets evened with this. rolleyes.gif

But the field isn't evened with this. It allows someone to nab eggs that other players don't even get a chance to see. Even if all the players use it, the booty will only go to one player. It's frustrating enough clicking on a egg and seeing the 'somebody else has already taken this egg' message, but now it would really mean 'somebody else has already taken the next five eggs'.

I don't have the quickest internet or fast fingers, and I've still managed to nab my share of CB rares, including Metallics. It's about timing, patience, persistence, and luck. I think this idea, although well intentioned, takes away a lot of the timing, patience, and persistence part and makes it mostly about luck.

But the field isn't evened with this. It allows someone to nab eggs that other players don't even get a chance to see. Even if all the players use it, the booty will only go to one player. It's frustrating enough clicking on a egg and seeing the 'somebody else has already taken this egg' message, but now it would really mean 'somebody else has already taken the next five eggs'.

I don't have the quickest internet or fast fingers, and I've still managed to nab my share of CB rares, including Metallics. It's about timing, patience, persistence, and luck. I think this idea, although well intentioned, takes away a lot of the timing, patience, and persistence part and makes it mostly about luck.

Yah, this. A lot of the eggs in the biome wouldn't even be seen before they were grabbed, which I think ruins the whole idea of hunting.

I feel empathy for people who aren't the best hunters, but there are still ways to use the current system to great effect. IOU's for 50+ common hatchlings (which would only take a gold scroller about three weeks to get even if they were all caught as full time eggs without incubate) can probably nab you some very, very pretty dragons. We don't need to install a lottery system to do so.

I'd love to see it in action, and let's see if it could stay smile.gif I remember I was against teleport, because it kills the /code way of getting an egg. I got more than used to it by now.

That's why I suggested that more than one person can do it. Say, it stays active for 5 seconds after the first person activates it, so that anyone who clicks within those 5 seconds also get eggs. It is still keeping the biome moving, since the people are most likely going to get a lot of blockers and other commons that would have caused clogs if they hadn't been taken by this action.

And eggs that are gotten this way can't be abandoned, but they can be traded since people might want to trade an uncommon or rare they get. That way any commons gotten by this method have to be raised to at least hatching stage, and maybe they can be abandoned then since they'd be almost immediately grabbed as a hatchling. And kills of these eggs are like a 3 day killed egg slot so it buys the person nothing to kill the egg, maybe even longer like 4 or 5 so it is a definite negative to kill. Vampires act normally, but with the same kill punishment as the kill action, and turned eggs can still be repulsed.

If there's severe limits like this then it's not so much of an advantage, since people who do this have those slots taken up until they are hatchlings or are traded away. They can't just abandon them after 5 hours and use it again. It's more of a gamble, since if they end up with all blockers they are stuck with them.

Just my take on how it could work.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I haven't really thought out an opinion on this yet, but...why the right-most egg? The left-most egg is always the one that has been in the biome the longest.

I don't see how this is unfair. There's a good chance you don't see EVERY egg that goes through the cave, what's the big deal? And it would probably never make it in the desert, people move too fast there. You're still clicking them, just more of a two for one deal. And by the time you refresh, you'll never even know that someone took five eggs instead of the one. Or four. Or so on. Because they're all gone in that instant. And this would clear the biomes rather quickly, even maybe leading to people trying to clear the abandoned cave. (or I could hope, the poor babies.)

I support(: It'd be nice to see something new and interesting on dc. Since new eggs only seem to come once in a great while.

Out of curiosity, isn't this sort of like using Snaplinks, which is frowned upon? Although Snaplinks allows you to open all the egg links on a page and this suggestion lets you take the the next x number of eggs in one spot, it's kind of the same thing. I'm curious to hear the weigh-in on something like this.

Snaplinks would cause you to get fewer eggs that are being battled for, since it takes longer to snaplink the entire thing than to click the desired egg.

But really, all we can do is make this idea the best we can and if TJ likes it he considers adding it, if he doesn't like it he either says so or he doesn't.

That's why I suggested that more than one person can do it. Say, it stays active for 5 seconds after the first person activates it, so that anyone who clicks within those 5 seconds also get eggs. It is still keeping the biome moving, since the people are most likely going to get a lot of blockers and other commons that would have caused clogs if they hadn't been taken by this action.

And eggs that are gotten this way can't be abandoned, but they can be traded since people might want to trade an uncommon or rare they get. That way any commons gotten by this method have to be raised to at least hatching stage, and maybe they can be abandoned then since they'd be almost immediately grabbed as a hatchling. And kills of these eggs are like a 3 day killed egg slot so it buys the person nothing to kill the egg, maybe even longer like 4 or 5 so it is a definite negative to kill. Vampires act normally, but with the same kill punishment as the kill action, and turned eggs can still be repulsed.

If there's severe limits like this then it's not so much of an advantage, since people who do this have those slots taken up until they are hatchlings or are traded away. They can't just abandon them after 5 hours and use it again. It's more of a gamble, since if they end up with all blockers they are stuck with them.

Just my take on how it could work.

Something like this, with these restrictions, I would be in favor of.

And I'd say it's best for it to use the far left egg and then the rest be "hidden" eggs. That way the first three people get blockers as one of the eggs and once people are done with this action all three eggs are fresh.

One question that still needs to be answered is "take two" or up to four eggs, less if the button presser has fewer egg slots. I personally like it being all free egg slots, but that is apparently just me.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Or you could, you know, ctrl + click - therefor opening the new page in a new tab -and then refresh so you see what the new egg is.

Pretty much this. Just by clicking and refreshing and filling my egg slots like that, I've gotten some pretty good things. A paper and a magma in the two times I tried it.

In addition, this doesn't actually solve the problem of cave blockers. Because when people get a lot of eggs they don't want, they'll just abandon them as soon as their time runs out, which means that we'll have an overflow of eggs in the AP.

Also, this. Now they'll just have more to abandon at once, if this encourages people already not just clicking to get a few free eggs.

I haven't really thought out an opinion on this yet, but...why the right-most egg? The left-most egg is always the one that has been in the biome the longest.

True. x3 I understand trying to get hidden eggs, but yar. Maybe take the left most + how many ever hidden they chose, rather than the right most + how many ever hidden they chose.

This would also need turned off for holidays and new releases.

What happens when you choose a number, but the biome is out/can't fill the number you chose?

Not all biomes move slow all the time. Perhaps this option only becomes available when eggs have been sitting without moving for x amount of time?

I don't particularly support the idea, myself, but suggestions to work with above.

(I just read through all four pages, so excuse me if I forgot one of the things I said was already mentioned. D: )

Seems to me that if the biome doesn't have enough eggs it would give the number it has.

And as for the abandoning thing, I've suggested that they can't be abandoned, just traded, at least until they becomes a hatchling.

It was in the idea from the first post that it would activate after x amount of time, in this case the original proposal was 2 minutes.

In holidays and new releases it wouldn't activate anyways because a biome wouldn't sit for 2 minutes with no turnover.

I probably would never use this since I don't hunt in the cave, but I'm still trying to make the idea the best it can be. =3

Edited by Pokemonfan13

This is one of those ideas that seems to have its roots in fixing a problem that doesn't really exist. Voluntarily sacrificing one (or many) of your open egg slots to pick up blockers in the hopes the biome will deal you a rare is a possible strategy for playing, but it's not the only one available. Nor does it need to be better optimized by allowing people who'd already do it take more eggs, without permitting anyone else to have a chance at those eggs. You have no more right to that rare egg you "forced" than anyone else watching the biome.

All I really see this doing is delaying the pick-up of eggs, because people will be leaving all their slots open and then hoping for a biome slow-down to let them pick up two or four or six eggs at once. Honestly, there's better solutions on offer for dealing with blockers (like dumping them all in the Wilderness if three of the same blocker are present for more than a couple of minutes, or creating new hybrid dragons that use blocker species as their parents, or working out new BSAs), such that something that incentivizes not picking up eggs seems like a bad bargain.

Having only read the first post, I love it! (One problem is- how do you tell who has a slower connection?) I would prefer the "Take 2" button as opposed to entering a number- way too slow, especially for uncoordinated people.

So? Up until a few months ago (when I got a slightly faster connection), I didn't even see any metallics in the cave at all, and I very rarely saw any trios, either. (GWs weren't released back then.) How is someone being able to grab 7 eggs sight unseen without you seeing the eggs beforehand worse than not seeing the rare eggs that pop up because of bad connection? And how would you be able to tell that someone has taken not only one, but the next 6 eggs as well? All you'd see is the 7th egg pop up - and it just might be the rare you want. Sure, the player taking the risk of taking in 6 unknown eggs plus one guaranteed blocker will have a better chance of getting a rare in his 6 unknown eggs than the person lurking and actively waiting for rares, but to me, this feels like a just reward for raising the blockers. And, most of the time, all you'd get are blockers anyway.

Also, it's nice to know that you've managed to grab pretty much all kinds of things in no more than 7 months or so that you're playing. I've been playing for more than 2.5 years and have had less luck than you, so you can maybe see where I'm coming from. I'm fed up with raising blockers and blockers and, well, more blockers. (Hooray for the CB trio egg I have at the moment, it's the first in several months.) And it's quite disheartening to enter a biome that's stalled with only a few people in it, grab an egg, another egg, another egg - and nobody there grabbing anything - grab a fourth egg, see a rare or uncommon pop up, try to grab it - and get the "You couldn't find the egg you're looking for" message. Especially if it happens this way more often than not.

Or you could, you know, ctrl + click - therefor opening the new page in a new tab -and then refresh so you see what the new egg is.

Pretty much this. Just by clicking and refreshing and filling my egg slots like that, I've gotten some pretty good things. A paper and a magma in the two times I tried it.

That's exactly what I do, but so far, without any luck. The best things I can get this way are some of the rarer common breeds, like reds or vines. (Not blacks or stripes or real uncommons, much less rares.) Edited by olympe

Maybe a simpler option? When [some circumstance triggers], you get the option to "Take next egg," letting you grab the next egg in the queue without seeing it first.

It would function a bit like a lottery, with no guaranteed change of a rare but enough of one to keep people taking the option. If it needed some sort of drawback, I'd suggest a longer cooldown before abandoning, maybe 8-10 hours. (Justified by saying it was closer to the mother dragon, and you couldn't go back to the cave until she settled down.)

/$.02

Also, it's nice to know that you've managed to grab pretty much all kinds of things in no more than 7 months or so that you're playing. I've been playing for more than 2.5 years and have had less luck than you, so you can maybe see where I'm coming from.

I've been playing a lot longer than that. I had to get a new account when I couldn't get into my old one any more (and, for the record, I PM'd TJ before I got this account so he'd know I wasn't multi-scrolling). I've been playing since right after the Summers first came out, actually, but I'm not sure what pointing out how long I've been here has to do with the validation of my opinion on something? As an aside, I also give away every rare I nab via the Departure thread, including Metallics, because I know people are not as lucky in getting CB rares as I am.

Sure, the player taking the risk of taking in 6 unknown eggs plus one guaranteed blocker will have a better chance of getting a rare in his 6 unknown eggs than the person lurking and actively waiting for rares, but to me, this feels like a just reward for raising the blockers.

But perhaps I want one of those blockers? My viewpoint is that I don't even get a chance to see what they are because someone is nabbing groups of eggs at a time. I don't get a chance at any of them.

That's simply my viewpoint on the matter and why I am against it. I am not against it because now more people might be able to get rares, considering I give the ones I breed and catch away. I'm against it because it allows someone to nab x number of eggs sight unseen instead of allowing all players to see an egg first and see who can nab it the quickest.

Edited by fainewebbe

Maybe a simpler option? When [some circumstance triggers], you get the option to "Take next egg," letting you grab the next egg in the queue without seeing it first.

It would function a bit like a lottery, with no guaranteed change of a rare but enough of one to keep people taking the option. If it needed some sort of drawback, I'd suggest a longer cooldown before abandoning, maybe 8-10 hours. (Justified by saying it was closer to the mother dragon, and you couldn't go back to the cave until she settled down.)

/$.02

It seems to me that this would defeat the idea of the original suggestion - which was to add an incentive for people to pick up cave blockers, thus helping slow biomes move faster?

Take next egg - without the drawback of taking a guaranteed blocker - somehow doesn't quite cut it. Because nothing can be worse than a breed nobody wants to raise (at that moment) anyway.

The only true way to deal with blockers is by taking them and raising them. Sadly not everyone wants to do this (myself included due to set scroll goals). We have had blockers since around the time period of the Guardian release and that was years ago. Even tho the biome helps by setting certain breeds to certain locations, the older breeds will still remain as blockers that none really wants to raise.

Even if something like this was implanted, we'll STLL have blockers.

I support the leftmost egg idea. And not being able to abandon the blocker or the random (or maybe both?) eggs sounds nice, too.

Hm. I'm not sure about trading, if you have a second scroll (of course you don't, but still...) you could easily trade it for another, abandonable egg.

In fact, I think it would be perfect if you would get the leftmost egg and have to keep it until it hatches. And if it dies on you, it would take up scrollspace for... ugh.... 7 days? That wouldn't be very encouragingnow would it smile.gif

Let's not worry about the people who are breaking the rules when designing this.

Really, what if you happen to get a CB gold but want to trade it for a 2nd gen tinsel or a neglected hatchie? You're kinda dead in the water if teleport is disabled for these eggs.

I was also thinking that being unable to abandon would still be attached to the egg after teleport, that way people can't cooperate and trade their abandonless eggs and then dump them.

Really, what if you happen to get a CB gold but want to trade it for a 2nd gen tinsel or a neglected hatchie? You're kinda dead in the water if teleport is disabled for these eggs.

Sorry smile.gif I meant the blocker. You'd need to hatch the blocker for the chance of getting the gold egg. Having to hatch a random egg isn't as much of a drawback as having to hatch a blocker.

That's why I suggested that these have their abandon disabled [on any scroll they happen to be on] until they're a hatchling, with any egg taken by this method, not just the one that is a known blocker. If you get an egg you want to trade you can trade it, but any blockers or other commons you can't shift you have to raise to hatchling stage and either keep or dump it, but a dumped CB hatchling of any breed is going to get a home immediately.

And a kill on these would have to last longer as a blocked egg slot, at least 3 days, so that killing doesn't become a viable way of freeing the slot faster than raising the dragon. Or just disable the kill function as well as the abandon. x3

Edited by Pokemonfan13