Nadat

Take next [x] eggs

Your still getting additional eggs without clicking each egg, which is still unfair to others who are not using the featuer. In all honesty, getting eggs without clicking on them in the cave equals free eggs which TJ doesn't care for.

Whoops, sorry about that, PF13!

Darth Krande has a point - a max of four would be fair to every user. And I have a gold trophy too, so I'm not skewing it in my favor or something.

About multi-scrolling... I know it happens. I see huge lists of "we have all of these on family scrolls!" but there's no getting around it. With a two-minute limit, though, they can't fill up all that fast, and it'd still be competitive. I'm going to go edit the first post to take into account suggestions and concerns both.

Editing to add: I'm not sure I'm getting how these are 'free eggs.' Can you explain what you mean? You're still making a click, and you're moving the cave that's been sitting there for a time.

Edited by Nadat

Your still getting additional eggs without clicking each egg, which is still unfair to others who are not using the featuer.

This, exactly. Its not fair because it doesn't give people a chance to even see the egg, much less click on it.

This, exactly. Its not fair because it doesn't give people a chance to even see the egg, much less click on it.

But you can take the exact same gamble. It's not a gamble that only a few people get. Anyone can take it.

Editing to add: I'm not sure I'm getting how these are 'free eggs.' Can you explain what you mean? You're still making a click, and you're moving the cave that's been sitting there for a time.

It takes skill to be the fastest clicker on an egg. It takes no skill at all to have the cave instantly nab two eggs for you.

The game's whole premise is that the fastest clicker wins. Whether you agree with that or not, the point is that adding something like this would drastically alter the nature of the game.

If you get eggs without breeding for them, trading for them, manually clicking them, requested from TJ's dragons, or gotten from a content, then it is considered a free egg.

One possible twist on this concept is that the cave could test the internet speed and only give this option to people with slower speed that would be very unlikely to win a click-battle. It's a gamble, yes, but it would give them a chance at eggs they'd never be able to catch otherwise. There are also people who can't win click battles because of conditions that cause slow response time (if nothing else, arthritis in the fingers), and it would be nice to give this to them too, but I can't imagine a fair way to do it without some sort of test that is smart enough to weed out people who are faking slow response time.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

It takes skill to be the fastest clicker on an egg. It takes no skill at all to have the cave instantly nab two eggs for you.

The game's whole premise is that the fastest clicker wins. Whether you agree with that or not, the point is that adding something like this would drastically alter the nature of the game.

You still have to be the fastest to click that option.

One possible twist on this concept is that the cave could test the internet speed and only give this option to people with slower speed that would be very unlikely to win a click-battle.

It's an interesting twist, and I've put the suggestion up in the first post (along with much of what's been mentioned through this thread) but as you mention it could be faked, and it does set a preference for one specific group. I'm trying to keep it as fair-for-all as possible.

But you can take the exact same gamble. It's not a gamble that only a few people get. Anyone can take it.

Yes, I can also click the get x now button, but the eggs that were taken are still gone and unavailable to me. The eggs that are hidden behind the cave blockers are (as far as I know) not randomly assigned the moment they are visible. They are assigned at the top of the hour. If there is a Gold behind the the cave blockers, I should have a chance at catching that Gold. If someone takes the next five (or two) eggs from behind the blockers all at once, I no longer have a chance at it. In fact, I never had a chance at it because the Gold was gone before I could see it. And, if that was the only Gold to drop that hour, that means I've lost my chance for the hour (and I rarely even have an hour spend hunting).

In addition, this doesn't actually solve the problem of cave blockers. Because when people get a lot of eggs they don't want, they'll just abandon them as soon as their time runs out, which means that we'll have an overflow of eggs in the AP.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Ember_Silverly

Naaah. I don't like the test idea at all. Even the widest internet accesss can be slowed down it that gave an advantage.

How about changing the 5 hour limit to 10 hours for the random egg? Or a day? That would make the gamble more "risky" and less desirable. And if the egg is killed (earthquaked, bitten to death) on you during its not-yet-abandonable time, it would not take up space for one day but for two.

As for free egg: I don't see the difference between clicking a new button, and clicking an egg with a red question mark on it.

You still have to be the fastest to click that option.

But when you take that option, you now get twice as many eggs for being a fast clicker as you did before. Still not fair.

I don't really see this happening and I don't really see a need for this feature - I actually caught 2 CB stripes today just by picking up "blockers" in the forest.

I also do consider this to be a "free egg". Also, I also feel that if something like this was done, a long abandon/teleport timer should be implemented - maybe a day or two. It should definitely NOT become the main method of hunting for "rares".

Take a look at the contents of any fansite hatchery and that should tell you why we have "blocker" breeds. People are not raising them to adulthood and as such the site produces more. You don't even have to raise them to adulthood if you don't want them on your scroll due to some self-imposed goal - abandon that hatchling and it will find a home almost immediately.

I don't really see this happening and I don't really see a need for this feature - I actually caught 2 CB stripes today just by picking up "blockers" in the forest.

I also do consider this to be a "free egg". Also, I also feel that if something like this was done, a long abandon/teleport timer should be implemented - maybe a day or two. It should definitely NOT become the main method of hunting for "rares".

Take a look at the contents of any fansite hatchery and that should tell you why we have "blocker" breeds. People are not raising them to adulthood and as such the site produces more. You don't even have to raise them to adulthood if you don't want them on your scroll due to some self-imposed goal - abandon that hatchling and it will find a home almost immediately.

It might not happen. A lot of suggestions get made and most never get implemented. It's all right if it doesn't happen. I like the idea, but that much is obvious since I made the thread. If it doesn't happen it won't change anything for me.

I could certainly support a longer abandon/teleport timer for this. I agree that it shouldn't be a main method.

The suggestion isn't to make it easier to get rares. Far more often than not it'll net you a bunch of commons. It's to move the cave when sometimes it sits. This'll never show up in the desert, for instance, rarely show up in alpine or coast. The other places move a lot more slowly, and so it can pop up sometimes.

But when you take that option, you now get twice as many eggs for being a fast clicker as you did before. Still not fair.

Not fair with one "legal" user against another one who has the very same option? If it's unfair, than so are the biomes because if you're in the mountains you can't see the eggs in the desert and the desert eggs would ALL be taken without you even noticing them.

Hey, it's even unfair that the cave creates eggs while I sleep! cool.gif

((No offense, please don't take it so smile.gif ))

And with the two minutes until the button would show up after last activity, it wouldn't be like collecting too many eggs either.

Edited by Darth Krande

There are a lot of good comments here. The take two option instead of take x actually sounds the best, because then there's no typing. It keeps the competitiveness to a click. And it can't be abused if there's a two-minute no-biome-movement time limit. Things will have had to sit for a time. It's not like you can fill up all that quickly.

They're still clicking. They're still taking risks, and they're still going to, more times than not, wind up with a cave blocker. And while they're looking at the two they got, someone can get whatever else shows up. How is this unfair? You have an equal chance of using the take-x or take-two function.

They can still take. It's a two minute wait. Short enough to be worth it, long enough to dissuade everyone sitting and waiting on it.

It only pops up when there's been a delay of two minutes. It's not there the whole time. And everyone can still see eggs/click on the ones that are there.

...And then the biome moves. Which is exactly what this is for.

All of this. I would take the risk just to see how much fun it would be.

Not fair with one "legal" user against another one who has the very same option? If it's unfair, than so are the biomes because if you're in the mountains you can't see the eggs in the desert and the desert eggs would ALL be taken without you even noticing them.

Hey, it's even unfair that the cave creates eggs while I sleep! cool.gif

((No offense, please don't take it so smile.gif ))

And with the two minutes until the button would show up after last activity, it wouldn't be like collecting too many eggs either.

Not fair because with one click, I could get x eggs while everyone else needs to wait another y minutes until they can have the same option. Why should I get two or more for one click?

After having clicked through an hourly drop (a whole hourly drop!) in a biome and getting nothing but "Sorry this egg has been taken" then getting a random egg + an unwanted egg for one click would not really matter, imho. It would still be getting two eggs for 20+ clicks. (By 20 I mean, watching 20 good eggs be taken from right under my nose.)

Now, I would use that option - and even raise the commons, at least if the cool-down would be increased to 24 hours - which I think is fine, or we'd be getting more problems with AP blocking. Heck, I'd even use it to its fullest if the eggs could not be abandoned or teleported at all before hatching!

Why? Because it would give me a slight chance to actually get some CB shinies. Finally. Right now, I can grab all the blockers I want, I'll never be fast enough to get the desirable egg behind the blocker I grabbed, even if there are only 7 people in the biome. (Trust me, I've tried. Repeatedly.)

Is this a fair solution? Why not? Everybody can use it. And if someone chooses not to, it's their own problem. Besides, the chances of getting a rare through this are still pretty low - but higher than they are now if there are people with fast connections and reflexes in the same biome. However, the people who've had an incredible advantage up to now might be miffed because the field gets evened with this. rolleyes.gif

However, the two minute wait is a bit much. Why not make this option available all the time, as long as there are eggs in the biome? (Maybe even excluding holiday events and the first minute of the full hour...)

Edited by olympe

Now, I would use that option - and even raise the commons, at least if the cool-down would be increased to 24 hours - which I think is fine, or we'd be getting more problems with AP blocking. Heck, I'd even use it to its fullest if the eggs could not be abandoned or teleported at all before hatching!

Why? Because it would give me a slight chance to actually get some CB shinies. Finally. Right now, I can grab all the blockers I want, I'll never be fast enough to get the desirable egg behind the blocker I grabbed, even if there are only 7 people in the biome. (Trust me, I've tried. Repeatedly.)

Is this a fair solution? Why not? Everybody can use it. And if someone chooses not to, it's their own problem. Besides, the chances of getting a rare through this are still pretty low - but higher than they are now if there are people with fast connections and reflexes in the same biome. However, the people who've had an incredible advantage up to now might be miffed because the field gets evened with this. rolleyes.gif

However, the two minute wait is a bit much. Why not make this option available all the time, as long as there are eggs in the biome? (Maybe even excluding holiday events and the first minute of the full hour...)

Because if it was available all the time the desert would be eternally milked.

Still don't support.

Which it usually is anyway, only it takes around twenty minutes instead of five. Big difference.

*giggles at 'milking the desert'*

It would be dried out pretty soon.

I think the 2 mins is a good idea. And, you know, maybe a newbie would come at 1:59 and take an egg just to irritate everybody who was waiting for the button to show up :-D

And I love the idea of hatching the egg. Only... it wouldn't be tradeable as an egg, which would be a little bit bad for business. But still! Good idea.

Or maybe the waiting time would be randomised? Like hatching was randomised once?

I agree with Olympe here. I hate waiting over five minutes just to get a nice drop in Desert, because I only have one open eggslot because the rest are filled to the brim with pretty tinsel-babies.

Maybe if the button only came up after xx:05 and got disabled* at xx:59, but would be usable any other time?

This way, everybody gets the usual five minutes of a guaranteed drop, and it's still an option.

(* disabled meaning that not only does the button disappear, but the action cannot be used afterwards until its return)

I understand wanting it as an option all of the time, but that then creates an alternative mode of hunting, and that's not what this is for. It's to make the biomes move when they're stalled. At all other times the biomes work very well. They're a fantastic addition to the cave. But a few stall out, especially in the evening after-work hours of EST to PST, and this is a suggestion to help move the flow of eggs.

Or spice.

But mostly eggs.

Which it usually is anyway, only it takes around twenty minutes instead of five. Big difference.

I'd prefer a longer lasting drop. Isn't a whole lot to do once the desert's empty. I'd hate to take a minute to go get a snack and then whoops biome's already been drained by multigrabbers.

If this were to be actually implemented I'd much prefer it only be a two minute thing to stimulate the slow biomes. There is a difference between a biome taking 20 min to clear out and taking 60.