inuyasha1fan

InuYasha

I have read the manga, but I've watched the anime. The anime is pretty good, not sure about the manga. I've heard the manga is a little bit better though.

I have volumes 1-40 of the manga.

I like it better than the anime because it's more detailed with less filler (still filler, but less).

The anime is still good though. I rewatched most of it recently in Japanese and it turned out better than what I remembered.

I read everything, watched everything, some time ago, too. The end is quite touching.

I've read I think 4 books? I enjoyed it at first but then it started to seem a tad repetitive.

Ah, man, InuYasha! I grew up with both the manga and anime series, haha. Watched it every night, and read it every day.

Honestly? I'm not so keen on it now. I still love the manga right up until... book 6 or 7, I think. Then it just starts to get annoying. But the beginning part was pretty good. =)

I've read the whole manga and really loved it.

Only saw a few episodes of the anime and didn't really like it. German synchro was baaaad, I didn't like the drawings and waaaaay too much fillers and changes in the storyline that didn't make any sense.

I reread all 56 books in less than a week last year. My favorite character is Sesshoumaru, as well as Miroku, Koga, Inuyasha and several others (like Totosai ^^)

Though I love the manga, I think the story could easily have been told in half of the time. The storyarc with the Seven Warriors or that stuff with Moryomaru later on was really annoying and unnecessary.

There always have been great and touching moments, like Kagura's and Kikyou's deaths, but after the first twenty volumes it was as if the same story came up over and over again: Naraku almost killed Inuyasha, Inuyasha barely escaped and trained Tessaiga to grow stronger, clashed with Sesshoumaru, encountered Naraku and almost defeated him, Naraku fled, Koga showed up and got into a fight with Inuyasha, Naraku came back stronger after appearing to have completely vanished for some time and nearly defeated Inuyasha and the others again ...

But it's still a great manga and to be honest, besides all the money I've spent on buying all the single volumes, I liked how the manga was a part of my life for a couple of years and was really sad when I had to part from the characters I learned to love and hate.

Yet I still have every intention to start reading it all over again sometime smile.gif

Edited by Gluria

I am done with the English dubbed episodes made so far. But I believe that I finish book 17 a month a go. I also watched all four movies. I really got a head. I might try to watch the English stubbed. laugh.gif

I've read volumes 1-2 of Inuyasha and it was amazing!!! My bro watches the original anime in Japanese on Netflix, its definitely my fave manga

I followed the original manga, and did watch the anime. I am glad that Inu and Kagome get married in the end. It's how it should have been.

I didn't watch the movies, because they weren't canon. More like what fans wanted to see.

But yeah, it remains one of the best mangas out there. I just hated how the English part of the anime would butcher and mispronounce all the Japanese names.

It was KAH-go-meh. NOT Ka-GO-me.

SHEE-po, not SHIP-poo

MIR-oh-ku, NOT Mer-ROH-ku.

And so on. And never once in the manga did he ever ever ever scratch his ears like a dog, or call Kagome a btich, or any of that stuff.

Inuyasha was one of the first mangas I've read so it has stayed ingrained in my memory. It feels like a part of my childhood. xd.png I read about 5 or so volumes of it; I don't really remember anymore. The title definitely brings on a wave of nostalgia though. :3

Edited by Dauntingale

I followed the original manga, and did watch the anime. I am glad that Inu and Kagome get married in the end. It's how it should have been.

I didn't watch the movies, because they weren't canon. More like what fans wanted to see.

But yeah, it remains one of the best mangas out there. I just hated how the English part of the anime would butcher and mispronounce all the Japanese names.

It was KAH-go-meh. NOT Ka-GO-me.

SHEE-po, not SHIP-poo

MIR-oh-ku, NOT Mer-ROH-ku.

And so on. And never once in the manga did he ever ever ever scratch his ears like a dog, or call Kagome a btich, or any of that stuff.

I didn't really knew that the movies were fan based blink.gif

I didn't really knew that the movies were fan based blink.gif

Don't feel bad I didn't either. I have to catch up on that show sometime. I haven't seen a good part of it but read a lot of the Mangas. I think I as up to 70 or so. Last thing I remember was Tsubaki.

I really liked that book and the super slow subtle love between her and him, mut I got sick of it after the first...25 or so books, and they were all the same. Fight a monster, Inuyasha is really pitifully cocky, and he just barely wins, and all that. wink.gif

I've only read a few volumes of the manga. Still working on the anime series... But all in all, I love the story (which is saying a lot, coming from someone who usually puts a book down if the word romance is anywhere in the book description).