Icepelt

Balance: A Homestuck Roleplay

"Welkl, you're certainly rude," said Aeolus, frowning. He had been excited to meet a human at first, but now he wasn't so sure. This guy was rude, and he couldn't help like this guy was trying to flirt with him. Like he would even touch the flesh of a human. They were a disgusting fleshy pink color. Well, some of them were. Others were darker or had a slightly tan skin. Aeolus also took note that they all bled red blood like he did. It was also weird to know how their relationships worked. He didn't quite understand, "It'm not wearing a cosostume. You can believe whatever you want, but I weasr to tou that ZI am an alien. As are you. IN faxt, how do I know you're not lying about being a huiman? You could just be another troll or cherub rtrying to mess with me."

Gliese was frozen in her seat. The alien hadn't said anything for the last few minutes. The alien...

Her hand immediately flew to the cord plugging her computer into the wall and yanked it out, the screen going dark. She jumped out of her chair and ran out of the room, lab coat flying after her. A nailgun sitting on the floor was snatched up just before Gliese jumped down a flight of stairs. She looked up through every skylight at the night sky as she passed underneath, searching for any signs of alien craft. It wasn't until she was three floors further underground that she was stopped. She was going to take a shortcut through the kitchen but her lusus caught her halfway through the room. The giant lizard chirped held Gliese until she realized she wasn't moving anywhere. It let go and pushed a plain box across a counter, towards Gliese, and chirped once more. She looked to the box and then to her lusus.

"Did you check the box?"

The lusus seemed to roll its eyes and nod. Gliese hugged the lizard before picking up the box with her free hand.

"Thanks, ClawMom."

With that, she continued decsending the levels of her hive until she hit the bottom. There she had a few spare portable husktops. Those would have to wait, though. Just long enough so that she could be sure the alien was gone.

"If I were lying about being a human, what would I be instead? A beetle? that seems fairly unlikely." Dane had to give the troll credit. They were certainly sticking with their story, despite it being complete BS. Perhaps they didn't believe they were lying. Perhaps they were simply not right in the head. Perhaps they really were an alien... "Preposterous." Dane chided himself. There had never been any substantial evidence to point to aliens existing. This person was just wearing a costume or something. Of course, he hadn't seen the pictures, his sister had simply described them to him. "This is so stupid." Dane muttered as he typed. "Alright, let's pretend for a second that you're an alien. What's the name of your species? Or is it untranslatable to human languages or some other such nonsense?"

((Just an announcement real quick, guys. You must be active in this roleplay. If you are gone for more than a week without explanation and you ignore PMs that I send you, I will ban you for a day. If it happens again, you'll be banned for a week. Then, a month. If it happens for a fourth time, then you will not be returning to this roleplay. The same goes if you break any of my rules.))

"You could be atr oll," said Aeolus, gritting his teeth slightly. This punk human child was ticking him off. He was telling the truth about being an alien! What sort of person in their right mind would lie about that sort of thing? The other humans seemed to believe things much easier than this one. Why he wasn't so excepting was beyond him. Really, why was it so hard to believe that sort of thing? Were humans really so underdeveloped that they couldn't spy on others across space and time? Their loves must of been ridiculously boring, "I am analien you ass. I'm a ceherub. Not some dumb lieetle angel with wings either. Rhat's something that's been lmistkaten bu others from outher planets. I'm green with sharp claws, a skull for a heaed, and red swirls on my cheeks."

Narkisa blinked. Who was this strange fellow 'trolling' her? She opened up her Pesterchum, and looked at the chat log. Turns out he had been waiting for a bit while she had yet again been listening to her music. Well, patience was something to be rewarded. Something nagged at her in the back of her mind as she read the chat. Why was this guy referring to her as a human? Wasn't everyone human? And how the heck did he know her name? Guess he might be one of the kids in the neighborhood I live in that I've never spoken to. I guess he likes roleplaying as an alien? That's fine.

Her hands typed: Sorry i've been kind of spacing out for a bit i must commend you for your patience though She paused, and added, so you like aliens a lot right is that why you refer to me as if i'm a different species it's a bit weird but i'll let it slide

There was another ping of the computer, this time followed by the computer reading out a second person's text. They didn't believe he was an alien either. Aeolus placed a hand against his forehead, letting out a long, drawn out sigh. Humans and trolls were more foolish than he thought they were. Their technology was so underdeveloped compared to his, and they spoke to him in possibly the most degrading way possible. Why they did that when he was completely polite to them, he would never understand. Didn't they understand anything about how their universes worked? It was ridiculous, it was like they weren't taught anything in school about outer space. Most cherubs were able to study humans and trolls, along with other alien species as well. He dragged his claws down the side of his face in annoyance. "What makes you think that I'm human?" he asked finally, "Is there proof that I'km nota huma? this isn't somethin to lie about. It's serious. Even ig wasn't why owuld it maetter if I wasnted to be calle d an elinan?" Aeolus was almost in tears of frustration by the time he was done typing. He was so tired of trying to talk to humans and trolls. They were all so mean to him, and for no reason too! They never believed him!

Edited by Icepelt

Dane had to really think in order to puzzle together what his computer was saying to him. If there was one thing he hated, it was people couldn't spell properly. Improper grammar was admittedly annoying, but the spelling was what made it actually understandable. "Alright... I believe you. Perhaps intelligent life isn't so far-fetched. So... do you have a family? Or do Cherubs live in some way that families don't matter?" In truth, Dane was just as unconvinced as he had been a few seconds ago. But perhaps playing along could yield more interesting results. "And, I don't mean to be rude in saying so, but could you perhaps try to correct you're spelling? It's difficult for my computer's text-to-speech function to translate things fraught with spelling errors.."

Fercif blinked at the text. This human was a bit... odd. Well, all humans were odd. And Fercif didn't trust any of them, especially not since they lived in such chaotic states, without established hierarchies. Save for a few notable exception were they were intelligent enough to install monarchs, groups of humans lived in such horrid chaos. "in truth... i don't trust aliens... And i refer to you as another species because you are another species..." Of course, he could predict the human's reaction. "yes, i know what you're thinking... the idea of me being non-human seems stupid to you... most humans have similar reactions... is the idea of intelligent life developing in places other than your planet that intimidating to you...?

Edited by Blobblarg242

Aeolus's claws slowly pulled away from his face, his misty eyes widening. The child, the human child, actually believed him. A small smile came to the cherub's face, lighting it up with pure joy. Never before had someone actually believed him . Though, there was just something about the way the human worded it. Before, he had been so suspicious, and now it seemed as if he were going along with it. Mood immediately dropping again, Aeolus remembered what his older brother had told him about people who agreed with one. That person was usually looking to get on one's good side, so one should be wary of them. "I have younger brothers and a sister," he finally responded shortly. He growled slightly at the person's next words. How lazy! They couldn't read the text themselves? Humans were ridiculous! He had heard about humans being stupid, but was just silly!"I CAN'R, you idiito. I was blinededa couple eyaers ago in a war that proebke out on my plabet. It's enar impossible for me to see waht's typing. It's eeslfish of you that you think i'll just bend ot you rwiil!"

Gliese started up one of the portable husktops, searching the screen for irregularities during the power-up sequence. She typed in the password to access the machine, wincing as an old fanart wallpaper drawn sweeps ago popped up. While trying to ignore the blackrom image, she logged into her trollian account. Matara was still online, as well as one of her other friends. She waited a minute before opening up the previous chat window with Matara, hesitating just before starting to type.

Z? Hey, the alien ztill here?

Z? Juzt wanted to tell you that my copy of the game came. I'm going to wait a little while before ztarting it up.

Wait until it's a little safer, she thought to herself.

Gliese took the copy of SGRUB out of the box, frowning slightly. She wanted to start playing as soon as she got it, but now she was afraid of aliens hacking her important files while she did so.

Matara waited for Gliese to say something, maybe she did the equivalent to a table-flip and fled to the bowels of her hive. She had doubts about the alien, for she encounters many younger trolls who pretend to be aliens. They are revealed to be trolls when they're deep in conversation and Matara asks what their lusus is, works every time. Gliese finally asks if the alien, Aeolus she thinks he was, was still watching.

~Yes, the alien is gone.~~So you got your copy?~~I hope mine comes soon so we can play it together!~

Narkisa turned her head to the side when she read the alleged alien's response. Hmm, he did have a point. If humans existed, there logically could be others like humans. She still believed that the mysterious alien guy was probably someone a few blocks away. But she didn't really know if there were any alien fascinated people in her neighborhood. Funny business indeed. Narkisa might as well hear him out.

actually when you mention that yeah i guess there could be other intelligent life besides humanity and it is a pretty big thing to mull over to be honest with you

A couple of loud crashing noises followed by stifled profanities indicated that her Guardian was dropping the pans again. Aunt Eliza wasn't particularly klutzy, but pans were the seemingly sole exception. Perhaps she did it to annoy Narkisa? The thought was pushed out of the child's head. Her aunt wouldn't do that.

perhaps you may be an alien maybe not excuse my slight skepticism by the way how do you know my name generally only a few people in my neighborhood know that

"No need to get upset. I'm blind as well. I use the speech function on my computer to understand what you're telling me. That's all." So this other person was blind? 'Or, pretending to be blind to cover up their spelling errors.' Dane thought to himself. If only he could tell for certain if this 'cherub' really was blind. He claimed it was in a war, which could give some credit to his 'alien' claim. As long as he could confirm it wasn't an Earth war, it would make sense. It all hinged on the claim that this 'alien' was blind, however. Dane needed some way to confirm that. "I'm not trying to seem hostile to you, so you needn't swear at me."

"your skepticism is understandable... i can think of only a handful who would willingly believe in aliens right off the bat, not many of them intelligent..." Fercif was not totally trusting of these humans, but this was really only his second conversation with one, and Narkisa seemed amiable enough. "as for how I know your name, well... let us just say this isn't our first conversation... well, first from your perspective, but second from mine... I talked to future you for the first time and let's just say that I learned your name in the process... you'll know what happens in the conversation when you get there... temporally speaking..." Perhaps speaking of time-perspectives wasn't the best of ideas, as it would likely make his story less believable. However, it was the truth. Fercif couldn't really tell the truth by not including the insanity that was time travel. He really hated temporal shenanigans.

((Hope I'm not screwing things up with the time-travel bits. Lord, do I hate time-manipulation sometimes...))

"Ah, so you're like me, huh?" asked Aeolus, calming down slightly. With his hands were still shaking slightly from rage, he wasn't about to lose control of himself. Cherubs who were unable to control themselves usually went mad. He aimed to retain his mental sanity. At least, for the time being. If need be, he would let himself go, but only if he needed to. He didn't want a repeat of what had happened after he had gone blind. Too many had suffered, himself included. With a shake of his head, he removed the thoughts and went on. It was better for him not to think about that, "Let me ask you, were yoyu born bling, or were you born with sight?"

"I lost my sight in an accident. Freak accident, It's said. Not sure what happened... I was young, playing outside, and then I saw a really bright light. And then I didn't see anything." Over the years, Dane had grown accustomed to being blind. He didn't mind sharing his story with anyone anymore. He was curious as to how this 'cherub' lost his sight, however. Actually, Dane was curious about a lot of things in Cherub society. Was violence widespread? Did they live long? Actually, Dane wasn't totally sure he believed his 'friend' was really an alien. Perhaps he was, perhaps he wasn't. It wasn't easy to tell... "How about you? Did you once know what it was like to see?"

"At least yours was an acciednt," said Aeolus, setting his jaw slightly. He knew very well that his own blindness was brought upon him on purpose. It upset him just thinking about it. Though, the person that had caused his loss of sight had gotten their punishment. In fact, they weren't even alive anymore to suffer punishment. Aeolus didn't wish to dwell on what had happened to said fellow Cherub, it had been his fault after all. With a sigh, he continued to type, "Of course. In fact, for most of lime life, I;ve knwon hwo ito se. It's inly been abotu what you humans would call a year or twoo. Even then, I can still sense antoher pseron in the rom and her every breah they take. It's vey east to do once you're used to ti."

Edited by Icepelt

time travel huh you aliens have that kind of technology This was just getting a bit more preposterous. Time travel? Future selves? This was looking like some weird science fiction movie plot. Can I actually believe this person? Or non-person? Seriously, this is quite ridiculous. But why bother stating this? Trolling? After all, he wasn't 'pestering' me. He was 'trolling' me. Huh.this is shaping up to be a rather odd conversation mister alien what with all the mention of time stuff to share my thoughts it reminds me of a movie i watched on school break it was just as kooky as this Narkisa was considering ending the conversation, but decided to see how this would turn out. Nothing much I have to do anyway.

"Interesting." Dane typed. "I'd love to learn how to do so, myself. It sounds much better than simply feeling around with my cane... I guess I'm lucky I don't have a girlfriend. Even holding her hand would be difficult." Somehow, Dane thought the joke would be lost in translation. This whole concept of alien life was difficult for him to grasp. What did a 'Cherub' look like? Actually, he supposed he could simply ask... "So, what do you look like? Being a Cherub, I mean? What are some characteristics of your species? Just so that I can get a mental imagine of your species at least. You said you weren't like the classical human tales of angels sharing the same name."

"my name is Fercif... sounds like 'fair' and 'sif' put together... i know all of this is far-fetched..." Fercif was suspecting that the human wasn't believing him. Then again, he couldn't imagine she had much reason to believe him. He himself would have had doubts of alien life if he hadn't seen it for himself. He'd been 'graced' with a picture of a human, hornless and pale-skinned. It was disgustingly hideous. What's more, they apparently all shared the same blood-caste... "i have a question, though... if your society does not have a hemospectrum how do you sort caste...? eye-color...?"

Aeolus cocked his eyebrow at the work 'girlfriend'. He wasn't very sure of what that word meant. Humans had a very different look on romance and mating. Though, based on those two words, he could gather that it was just a female friend. It was probably something along the lines of a mate, seeing as hand holding was something humans usually did with their other halves. At the questions about his appearance. He sighed. everyone always said he was lying. "Well, I'm green, like, dark green and I have red eyes," he started, "Of coruse, they're whited over now rhat i;ve veeben blinded, but they're still a candt red. Oh, I'm not sure how large humans get, but I'm probablyt much larger than you are. I'm already 6 of your human feet tall and I'm 19 in human years. I will get bigger. Ah, uh, I have really big clars on my hands and feet. Also. my head looks like a skull, so I have none of that heair like humans and trolls. My jaw can also open much wider. Similar to those snakes tha tlive on tyour planet."

Dane didn't have much reason to believe 'Aeolus' about... anything. But at the same time, it was kind of fun to pretend. While he thoroughly enjoyed intellectual conversations with like-minded individuals, pretending that he was talking to an alien was admittedly fun in it's own right. "That's all quite interesting." Dane wasn't lying about that. No matter how he looked at it, 'Aeolus' at the very least had a good imagination. "I wonder how your race evolved to such a form... I guess I'd have to know about your home-planet to fully grasp it. Anyway... Do you want me to give you a similar description of myself? Or do you already know what humans look like?" Dane was founding that he quite enjoyed talking to Aeolus. 'Perhaps we could be friends...?' He thought to himself.

"I know what you hunams look like," typed Aeolus, now tiredly leaning against his computer table. Talking to this human had been interesting before, but he seemed like a huge stick in the mud. His speaking manner was very formal, which was only polite, but Aeolus wanted to talk to an exciting, full-of-energy human, "In the schooles hwere, chidlren are taought what both humans and trolls look like. The only thing I'm unsure of is the color of your skin. For some reason, you all don't have the same skin color, but your blood it the same color. Its' all very streaneg if you ask me."

"Is that so? If you must know, my skin is quite pale. I stay in a lot." Dane was growing little tired. He couldn't tell if this person was just messing with him or insane. Or, telling the truth. Though, that third possibility was quite ridiculous. "If you'll excuse me, I think I should check on my sister." He typed. 'Hopefully, she hasn't broken anything...' Sometimes Dane felt as though he had to take care of my sister instead of the other way around. Legal Guardian or not, she was a bit... out there. "I hope my leaving doesn't bother you. Besides, there's an entire planet full of humans you can speak to if you truly grow bored. I'll be seeing you, then? Or, not seeing as the case may be..."

"Of course you won't be seeing me," said Aeolus, his white tongue flickering from between his teeth as he laughed. His blind jokes were pretty bad, but still entertaining. To him at least. He wasn't too sure about how humans felt about blindness, but it really wasn't a big deal on his planet. As long as a cherub could still take care of themselves, they would be fine, "Nor will I be seeing you. O'm bline, remeber>" With a loud, short laugh, Aeolus closed the chat and then turned his attention back to the two troll girls, "You'll have to excuse me, ladies. There was something else that I needed to take care ofr."

((Sorry for not posting. I've been unusually busy.))

Gliese was just about to reply to her friend when that bright red text popped up on the chat window again. Her fingers froze above the keyboard and her previous train of thought was lost. She quickly erased was she already had typed out and started on a new message, her hands shaking as they traveled across the keyboard.

Z? You're not really an alien, are you? Pleaze tell me you're lying?

Z? My thinkpan iz already nearly fried from the pozzibility of an alien hacking and zpeaking to me?

She set the portable husktop on the ground in front of her and folded her hands together to keep them from shaking as she waited for a response.

"Why would I like anout something like that?" asked Aeolus, frowning slightly. Jeez, these trolls and humans were ridiculous. He thought his own coworkers were idiots, but not this dumb. At least they didn't need proof that aliens existed. Humans especially seemed to have a problem. Their weird religions got in way. All religion had been forced from Cherub society a long time ago. It was useless to hold onto something that didn't exist. "I'm an ailen, and so are you. We're noth aliens. I don't understand why your kind has such a hard time beliving that."