Icepelt

Balance: A Homestuck Roleplay

((If you PM me all the questions you have, I'll answer them. I would answer them here, but I don't want to clog up the thread with OOC comments.

Also, announcement: This roleplay will officially start when there at at least two characters of the same race.))

((WOOT! Been waiting for this to be approved.

Username: The Dragon Keeper

Name: Gliese Mensse

Age (must be 13-19 years old): 17 in human years

Biography: Gliese tries to distance herself from those unfamiliar to her, the reason being that she is paranoid. Nearly all the time. The only time she is not is when she is safe in her underground hive. Nearly all the time. This is due to a fear of otherwordly beings, especially ones that can travel between universes if they exist. She enjoys to study the flora and fauna of Alternia, inside and out, and often captures the lusii of other, preferably younger trolls for study.

Ancestor (This only applies to trolls): The Bioscientist

Lusii (Trolls Only): Six-legged lizard

Guardian (humans only):

Appearance (no pictures please): Gliese stands at 5'7", not counting her horns which put her at 6'1". Her hair is parted on the left and partially covers her right eye. Her eyes are still mostly a child's gray, but have started to turn jade at the edges. Her teeth are the norm for trolls, all points. Gliese's horns resemble the top half of her sign, zeta.

Gliese wears a black t-shirt with her symbol, blue denim jeans, and black converses. She also wears a white labcoat that reaches down to her knees.

Blood Color (both trolls and cherubs): Jade

Personality: Gliese is paranoid out of her house and around others. While on the computer, though, she is quite open as long as she is sure the person she is talking to is not an alien. She ignores the hemospectrum from the most part, only showing dislike towards rust bloods, though her reasoning is silly (rust ruins her blades).

Current relationship status: None so far. Suspicion keeps it that way.

Skills: Gliese is skilled with a knife, thanks to the various procedures she has done over the years. But that skill within the smallest distances has not stopped her from enjoying short range projectile-firing weapons.

Title and Aspect: Maid of Mind

Fetch Modus: Puzzle

Strife Specibus: Nailgun Kind and Blade Kind

Typing Quirk (style in which they type): Starts every sentence with Z?, replaces 's' with 'z', and ends every sentence with a question mark.

Planets (Prospit and Derse included): Derse, Land of Water and Eyes (LOLAE)

Other: CEASE REPRODUCTION. OBEY.

Is it good? Hope I didn't miss anything. This form is bigger than I'm used to.))

((Approved. Alright, the roleplay can start now, but I would like it to start between the trolls.))

((Sorry for not posting. I heard the person playing the other troll character was going to be gone for a while, so I'm waiting for him to come back. >> ))

((I could have my character interact with your character. I just really need to get this roleplay off of its feet.))

((Another troll was accepted? Why didn't I know about this? ;-wink.gif)

Gliese took a seat in front of her husktop, ready to store her day's studies in a digital form. Today's results from the tests with new chemicals were quite interesting. The scene with a tinkerbull's test ran through her mind while she started up the electronic device. She was about to open up a blank document when she saw that one of her friends was online.

"Oooh. Time to bother some poor sap."

She opened up a window on Trollian and began typing after making sure quirks were on.

Z? What'z up, buddy? Buzy day climbing your one tree, I'm guezzing? Zeriouzly though, it'z gotta get lonely being ztuck on that izland?

Gliese sat back, waiting for a response.

((Sucky first post, but it gets the ball rolling.

Just realized there's nothing in the form for pesterhandles and such ._.))

Edited by The Dragon Keeper

((Could you add a little more to your posts, please? They're too short. Also, might I ask if this post was directed at anyone? It's very hard to tell.))

((It was directed towards ClosetKitteh (I mentioned her island in the post). And it would be a bit easier to tell if we had pesterhandles.

I'll try to make the post longer, but it's late for me so my ideas are all gone for the day. >> ))

((You mean chumhandles? I would of included those in the initial post, but I really don't think they're necessary since we're not typing the pesterlogs out how they are in the comic. Also, next time could you maybe refer to a character by name or ask the roleplayer? It could get confusing as to who you're speaking to.

Alright.

Now, another question: You wouldn't mind if my character used his weird cherub technology to talk to your character, would you?))

((Okay, I'll edit this to a post when I wake up. I'm going to sleep now.))

Matara was searching for some decent My Little Hoofbeast fanart before Trollian popped up on her screen. In her and some other fan's opinions much of the art was terrible. But some people are polite enough to at least not call others out. Her friend Gliese wanted to talk, she must've finished an experiment.

~I actually haven't climbed my tree today, I've been looking a other people's artwork.~~And it doesn't really feel lonely here, I'm used to being all alone.~

~So, what horrifying procedure did you perform on a kid's lusus this time?~

Edited by ClosetKitteh

Aeolus's claws clicked against the wall of his home, his head poked outside so he could get a good smell at the air. His mate hadn't arrived yet, which worried him. Sburb was going to arrive in his mail box today and he was going to start playing. He had heard before of what the game could do to people's homes. In fact, most cherubs knew fully well what the game brought on and what it did. Their society centered around the game and they waited their entire lives to play. He hated it, all of it. This thing was dangerous, but somehow he felt like it was necessary for him to do so. He only needed to wait for another person to play with him.

A pinging sound got his attention away from his window and to his computer. Oh, one of those troll girls he had been watching had must of messaged a friend of hers. Normally, because of the location of Alternia, he wouldn't of been able to message them. Thankfully, new technology had been invented by his people lately that allowed them to communicate over spans of time and space. It was quite simple, really. Plopping down in his old chair, Aeolus put on a pair of headphones. After clicking a button on them, a voice on his computer began reading out the messages to him. The trolls were surprisingly calm that day. The only thing violent that was mentioned was hardly that bad. Only the murder of the lusii of the trolls. Not a big deal. Aeolus ran his claws over the keyboard, finding the letters he needed to respond. "Hello, ladies," he typed, a smug grin coming to his face, "I would sa sya inthat you look lovely toady, but I ca'tn exactly say that. , s o, have you staretd playing Sgrub yet?"

Edited by Icepelt

Gliese waited to respond, deciding whether to give the basic details of the experiment or to call it a secret. After a minute, she sat up and let her hands hover above the keyboard. As soon as she pressed the first key, another message popped up. This one in red. She glared at the screen, wondering why a rust blood had decided to interrupt the conversation. And with weird spellings that certainly didn't look like any quirk.

A small suspicion sounded in her head that this might be an alien. Gliese shook her head and laughed to remind herself that aliens weren't able to hack Alternian techonologies. Not in a million years.

She started typing back to this mystery person.

Z? Um...? No, I haven't received my copy? If I may azk who you are?

Edited by The Dragon Keeper

Aeolus narrowed his eyes, wondering why this troll girl didn't recognize him. Hadn't they spoken once before? With a frown, he paused for a second to go through previous pesterlogs. Then he realized something. The ones he had been sending before had been in the near future, which was only about his second time talking to them. This entire time, he had been talking to them backwards through their timeline. Gritting his teeth, he pounded his fist on his desk, annoyed at what he had done with himself. That's why they had recognized him before when he had contacted them! While it was his first time ever speaking with them, it was only their third time. With an annoyed sigh, he began typing again, "Ah, damn it haven't indoatrude my self yet. I'm Aeolus Churl. nice rto meet you frils. Sorry about my soelling mistakes notmally my grammar wouldnt; be so goaw-awful, ut i ahve been bleaased wit the gift of being blind, Or, not really a gift, but yoiu understand whate I neab,"

Edited by Icepelt

Fercif hugged the cloak close to his body, his entire being covered save for his horns. The two protruding growths would give him away to most anyone who saw him, but there wasn't much he could do about it. None of the other trolls in the area trusted him, even more so than usual. When he approached, most simply rushed into their hives, waited for him to leave, and returned to what they were doing as if nothing had happened. In truth, Fercif didn't care for them much either. There was only one reason why he wandered into the area: working electronics. There was one troll who was willing to trade working parts for an odds and ends Fercif could scrounge up. At his approach, the trader looked at him with eyes indicating neither amiability, nor hostility. He was simply indifferent towards Fercif. After a bit of haggling, Fercif turned and left, clutching the parts under his cloak as he made his way back to his hive. It wasn't a fantastic-looking place; truth be told, it was quite badly cared for. Among his many errands, house-cleaning wasn't one of them. When he was a couple of sweeps younger, perhaps he would have cared. Now, he simply sequestered himself within one or two rooms, and left on errands. Upon entering, checking for any ambushes by his lusus of course, Fercif made his way towards the husktop. "And now we play the waiting game..." He said to himself, stripping off the cloak and setting about the task of installing the parts. He wasn't particularly adept at working with electronics, husktops in particular, but over time he'd learned how to keep his at least functional. Now, with the machine back in working condition, he signed into Trollian and waited. "EntropicGaze... why'd I pick such a silly name...?" He mused to himself. He was certain someone would contact him... or something. That was usually how the insane tales of destiny started, wasn't it? Meddlings of super-natural beings? At the very least, he could pester someone if he got bored... but Fercif rarely grew bored. He'd learned to entertain himself in silence. When one is laying an ambush or simply staying hidden, It's best if they know how to distract themselves from the monotony. And he did.

((I'm sorry I was absent for the past couple of weeks, and I can't gurantee I'll be posting more tonight. I just got back from an out-of-town trip, and and I'm a bit fried. Bear with me though, because I will be back to posting some time soon.))

Lazy, half-closed eyes looked at the screen of her desktop. Narkisa wasn't looking for anything in particular while listening to Chopin's Raindrops for the second time that day. She was confident that eventually, something interesting would pop up that was worth checking out. So far though, no luck. But it was just a matter of time and patience. Time and patience.

But even Narkisa had her limits. Loafing around on the internet for who knew how many hours and listening to relaxing, soft classical music could make one want to fall asleep. The girl had almost done so at least once, and had actually done so twice. When she had woken up from these naps, Narkisa found that her shirt had damp spots from drool and had changed into another that was exactly the same.

Opening Pesterchum, she frowned inwardly at the fact none of her friends were online. But she was sure that they were doing something pretty important and needed time to finish.

((I'm not quite sure if I should have her contact the trolls/Aeolus yet. Or how I'm going to.))

((Sorry I haven't posted for so long, guys. I've been at a convention and I'm getting home really late. I'm seriously typing this in my APH Romania cosplay right now. I'm super tired, but I'll be back Monday.))

Gliese struggled for a long moment, trying to decode what this person was saying.

"Okay, so... he's blind."

She tapped a finger on the desk, wondering how to reply. A few questions ran through her head, but the majority sounded too stupid to ask. The keys clacked as she typed, seeing how a few looked on the screen and quickly erased them afterwards. She sighed, resigning to asking one of the first questions that popped up.

Z? Zo, if you're blind, how can you read what I'm zaying?

Z? Are you like that one troll I heard about who can zmell colorz and ztuff?

Gliese rested for one second before she was at the keyboard again.

Z? Alzo, juzt curiouz, how did you get into thiz converzation anyway?

She stepped away from the computer for a second, giving the guy time to respond while she looked for something to drink.

"Oh, i can't eard what oyou'r e trpyingf at all," replied Aeolus, smirking slightly. He was so used to being blind now, even if it had only been a short while. He joked about it quite often, mostly to make people think that he actually got his feelings hurt by such things. Really, he didn't, he just wanted to mess around with people. Once is computer program was done reading the words, he continued to type, "I have aomsething on me vompueter that reads things to me. I don't know thae treoll you're speaking of, though I have heard about thata poorew gril from neighnbora of mine," He placed his chin on the elbow now resting on the table, "I usae a smiliar contrat[tion to what you treolls use. It's a program that lets met rwavel several years on the past."

Matara stared at the screen confused, and after a couple questions ended up getting answered before asking, more questions came about. Its like branches growing on a question tree, "How does he get around?" or "Is he claiming he is speaking to us from the future?" are just a two of what would be dozens of branches by now. That question tree will become as big as the one tree on her little island. She notices that in one of this new person's statements that it says --or is at least supposed to say-- "you trolls".

~You call us trolls as if you are not one yourself.~~Are you perhaps one of those silly youngsters who likes to call themselves an alien, or the real thing?~

Matara just hopes that Gliese will stay in the chat instead of fleeing out of her fear of aliens.

Dane carefully made his way across the room, tapping the ground with his cane along the way. Being blind wasn't so horrible. He could still type on his Braille keyboard, and listen to what people type with a 'text-to-speak' function on his computer. Well, except when they used 'quirks' and all he heard was a bunch of numbers and letters mashed together. A lot of his life had been constricted to this very room after his loss of sight, but Dane didn't mind. He never liked the rest of the world that much anyway. A life lived with nothing more than audio-tapes of well-written books and the occasional chat with friends wasn't that bad a life to live. Speaking of friends... perhaps one of them would contact him.

((Fercif and Dane are available.))

"Oh, you sgot me," Aeolus said, shrugging. Didn't they know by now that he wasn't the same species as they were. Wasn't the pesterlog an obvious give away? It said that he started cheering them instead of trolling them. It was how the technology on his planet worked, allowing him to speak across time and space. It was easy to understand for him, as it was for all cherubs. Honestly, the power was a bit disturbing to him, but that was alright. It wasn't like bad things would actually happen if a person could do the same thing, "i;m literally a green alieb I've hot freen claws and evertinh. I even have the weird alien rtechnlogoy and-" He was cut off as a pinging sound came from his computer. Blinking, he got his computer to read out the names of the users. Much to his excitement, there was a person he hadn't yet met before. Oh, it was a human! They used the Pesterchum chat program. He hadn't yet had the chance to speak to a human yet. He'd heard stories of them from older cherubs, but he hadn't yet spoken with one. Excusing himself from the two troll girls, He went to find the person who had just arrived, "Hello...human."

Dane had nearly fallen asleep in his chair when his computer started making noise. It mentioned someone cheering PropheticIntuition. Well, PI was his username, but who was contacting him? And what did it mean by cheering? Dane faintly remembered someone else referring to him as a human. What was his screen name? EG or something? The prank hadn't be very convincing, even if he had provided pictures of himself in a costume. It was probably just another one of his friends, come to perpetuate the joke."I assume you're one of those individuals that consider yourselves aliens? Don't get me wrong, your costumes are well made, but I find it quite improbable for you to genuinely be from beyond the stars. Care to submit evidence?" What was wrong with these guys? It wasn't all that good of a joke the first time. Didn't they have anything better to do than bugging a blind kid?

((I assume Ice was directing that sentence to me. If not, I can edit this.))

Fercif was growing bored. It wasn't within his nature to go out trolling others, but it didn't seem like anyone planned on talking to him.Who could he talk to... there was the Narkisa Human. Fercif had deep-rooted suspicion of all aliens in general, but he supposed it he'd rather take his chances with an alien than risk the verbal abuse he'd receive from anyone with higher blood than himself. "human... hello...? Narkisa-human...? are you there...?" Perhaps he'd missed her. "disappointing... i had hoped to learn more about your race... well... so much for that..."

((Verbal Abuse: Trolls are naturally racist and uncaring for lower-blooded individuals. Hussie has even noted that the Main Twelve we've seen are unusual exceptions to this. And this doesn't completely apply to all. When Gamzee sobered up, well...))