LostLove

Dragon Stories

I love dragon stories. I have read Dragonology, Dragon Rider, and The Fire Within.

What have you read?

(Please check out my dragons too)

Thanks

I've read the Inheritance trilogy, and some of the Dragonlance novels. I'd like more dragon-based books though.

Oh, let's see...

Some Dragonlance

Some Pern

The Hero and the Crown (though the dragons aren't really characters in that one)

Those are the only ones I can remember right now.

Let's see, over the years, I have read...

A bit of Dragonriders of Pern (never really got into it), Eragon (sold it), The Dragon of Lonely Island and its sequel (actually quite good), Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher (excellent book, I really want to re-read it smile.gif), The Dragons of Spratt, Ohio (pretty good), and Dragon Slippers, Dragon Flight and Dragon Spear, all by Jessica Day George (incredible books with beautiful characters and amazing writing, go find them!).

There are probably more I'm forgetting to list, but those are the ones I can recall at the moment.

ETA: Oh, and Chris D'Lacey's Last Dragon Chronicles. I never got past the... fourth one though (The Fire Eternal? I can't remember the name), since I moved and haven't really been able to get to my new library >:

ETA to ETA: And Dragonology- the original book, the one with the cardboard models, and the actual proper chapter book.

Edited by Dr. Paine

I remember one book of a two-parter book series. The first book was called Eon and the second book was called Eona, which I never got to read.

Some Pern

Eragon (need to read the last one)

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles (First book being Dealing with Dragons)

The DragonKeeper Chronicles (First book being DragonSpell)

And I'm not sure if this counts but I've read the Dragonback series by Timothy Zahn. It is technically a sci-fi and the dragons aliens, but they are intentionally very dragony aliens.

My favorites are the last three. The Enchanted forest Chronicles are great. They are set in a fairy tale world ('evil' dragons capture princesses, knights and princes must rescue, witches with potions and cats, wizards with trouble type world) and give a very amusing take on that world.

A variety of dragon books including dragonology, Fire within series(chris d'lacy I think it is, did I spell that right? xd.png), dragon orbs(I think that's right xd.png), a book which was a collection of dragon stories and that's all I can really remember right now.

The Last Dragon Chronicles

The Inheritance Cycle

Dragon Slippers

I've read the fire within series, the inheritance series(which I never really finished, but I plan to reread it.), and dragonology. I've also found a book called "here there be dragons" that I've yet to read but own. I forget the series name though.

Dragonology, a bit of Pern, the Inheritance Cycle, the Dragon of Lonely Island, Eon and Eona, Flight of the Dragon Kyn series, the Pit Dragon Chronicles, ... and a book that had only a picture of a dragon on the cover but had no dragons whatsoever in the story >_>

Dragonsdale is a good book, about a dragon riding school. Though the series doesn't focus mainly on dragons, the "Erec Rex" series is really good. There are some dragon characters, and the main character has a dragon's eye.

The Last Dragon Chronicles link

The Inheritance Cycle link

Eon and Eona Eon Eona

Highly recommend the Age of Fire series. It has actual dragons in it as main characters... very very cool series link

Dragonology and all the companion books that go with it (a simple google search will do for that... there's tons though)

Dragon stories I've read.

Inheritance series - (book one and part of two) Found very little original in it and bored of it so didn't continue reading.

Enchanted Forest series ( Dealing with Dragons, Calling on dragons, searching for Dragons.)- Very fun and enjoyable books.

Pern Series (Anne McCaffrey)- like in all large series you will find some books are better then others my favourites The White Dragon, and the Harper Hall trilogy - Dragon Singer, Dragon Song and Dragon Drums.

C.S Lewis Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

The reluctant Dragon (kids book)

Terry Pratchett one of his discworld books featured Dragons prominently but can't think of the title of that one at the moment it was wonderfully good.

Terry Pratchett one of his discworld books featured Dragons prominently but can't think of the title of that one at the moment it was wonderfully good.

Guards Guards

o3o

I've read the above, a few Pern Novels and a couple of Point Fantasy books that I can't remember the names of.

I've read:

Dragon Rider by Cornelia Flunke

The first three books of the Inheritance Cycle

The Fire Within, Icefire, Fire Star, and The Fire Eternal; all by Chris D'Lacey

I'm currently reading a new children's book my library picked up. I go through books so quickly I sometimes head into that section to see if there's anything good.

"DragonBorn" by Toby Forward

Dragon stories I've read.

Inheritance series - (book one and part of two) Found very little original in it and bored of it so didn't continue reading.

Enchanted Forest series ( Dealing with Dragons, Calling on dragons, searching for Dragons.)- Very fun and enjoyable books.

Pern Series (Anne McCaffrey)- like in all large series you will find some books are better then others my favourites The White Dragon, and the Harper Hall trilogy - Dragon Singer, Dragon Song and Dragon Drums.

C.S Lewis Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

The reluctant Dragon (kids book)

I hadn't read the Reluctant Dragon, but the Enchanted Forest series is actually 4 books, and they are quite good.

I love dragon based stories lemme see now there's the Last Dragon Chronicles, Dragon Rider, Inheritance Cycle, Dragons of Pern, Dragon's Keep, Dragon Spear, Dragon Slippers, Dragon Flight, oh theres so many I forgot some xd.png

I love Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke. I read The Fire Within, but honestly did not like it. Most of the book was about squirrels, not dragons. Didn't read any others of that series after that.

I've read four of the Age of Fire series already mentioned earlier in the thread, along with the following:

Temeraire series by Naomi Novik, which is historical fantasy. The Napoleonic wars with dragons. The first book is titled His Majesty's Dragon. I believe it's been optioned for a movie but I don't think it's in production yet.

The Last Dragonlord and Dragon and Phoenix by Joanne Bertin. The dragons themselves are mostly minor characters, but the most of the main characters are dragon shapeshifters, essentially. There's a third book, Bard's Oath, but no dragons appear in that one, only Dragonlords.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss has a fairly extensive subplot involving a dracchus, his world's version of a dragon.

Several of The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson involve dragons, including major character Anomander Rake who is a dragon shapeshifter.

The Joust series by Mercedes Lackey, another series about dragon riders. It was ok, I only read the first two books before losing interest.

Goblin Quest by Jim C. Hines, a humorous fantasy with a goblin as the main character and a dragon as the primary antagonist.

The Assassin trilogy by Robin Hobb, though the dragons don't come into play until the final volume.

Several Dragonlance books and a WarCraft novel or two.

Probably more, I just can't think of them at the moment. Can you tell I went through a phase where I bought any book that had a dragon on the cover? xd.png If pressed I'm sure I could come up with more.

Inheritance Cycle

I love that series a lot (though I never got around to reading Inheritance sad.gif it was so popular it was always checked out at the local library).

I think I've seen some dragon books at the library, I'll go check them out and maybe post them here next time I go there.