fudge blood

Bittersweet game music.

I swear to god Zelda's lullaby is one of the greatest pieces of music ever to graze the earth.

Edited by fudge blood

It is, and always will be. When they made Skyward Sword, they played it backwards, using it as the theme, if you didn't know.

They just had to include a reference to it. It was in almost every game, and every true Zelda gamer will hum along if you whistle it, or sing it.

The only song that compares to that for me is this one from Majora's Mask.

It is, and always will be. When they made Skyward Sword, they played it backwards, using it as the theme, if you didn't know.

They just had to include a reference to it. It was in almost every game, and every true Zelda gamer will hum along if you whistle it, or sing it.

The only song that compares to that for me is this one from Majora's Mask.

Waah, i love that song! I also love the vocaloid version where it is the same tune, but lyrics added to it.

Speaking of Legend of Zelda, I came across this song when playing through Minish Cap the first time not long ago:

It's the perfect song for what's going on at the time; Ezlo's telling his story of how Vaati betrayed him and turned evil.

;~; There are so many songs.... but here's a few that I just love and yet are sad to me...

And basically just all Portal music is either epic, tear-inducing or both. =.='

Mayor Rose's song,

from Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter.

And from the same game,

never fails to move me.

from The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon is just so beautiful and hopeful, with a hint of sadness... Love it. wub.gif Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

This music is sad when you're watching

. It kind of makes me want to cry.

And also

from Okami. Edited by Red Dragonette

Brace yourselves. Many songs are about to be posted. ;-;

*Note: I'll put them into categories depending on the emotion I get from them biggrin.gif

Neutral/Thoughtful/Tranquil:

Sad:

(this one could fit into the above category, but it personally makes me feel helpless ;-wink.gif

I will definitely update this list when I get the motivation to post more xd.png But everyone knows the infamous Dead Island theme...ugh. Made me cry when I saw it played over a Thai insurance commercial...GAH ,>.<,

I've been recently re-listening to this game's music and it is amazing. The soundtrack is beautiful no joke. But here's a bittersweet song.

And there's also this song from the same soundtrack:

. It is Devil Survivor 2 OST number 33. It plays at the end of the Anguished One's route. It's sad on its own, but when reading what is said, it hits right in the feels. From the same game, "Beyond the Firmament" (OST 35) can also be considered sad, but I just find it soothing.

When I first played Cave Story

seemed pretty awesome.

Then Curly dies, and felt that the tone had become slightly more somber. sad.gif

You need to play the game itself to understand.

I don't know about you guys, but Cave Story has some of the best 8-bit music I have ever heard.

Oh, and don't forget

;~; There are so many songs.... but here's a few that I just love and yet are sad to me...

And basically just all Portal music is either epic, tear-inducing or both. =.='

Suteki Da Ne! I agree--it's an utterly heartbreaking piece. Mainly because of what Yuna & Tidus both say during the scene. Especially Yuna.

& Aerith's theme (as overrated as it is) is still wonderful.

from The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon is just so beautiful and hopeful, with a hint of sadness... Love it. wub.gif

Ah, that's Valley of Avalar #2, the one that plays after you find Meadow. The other version of Valley of Avalar is amazing too, and it only plays at one point in the game, when you're searching for Meadow. It was on the title screen of A New Beginning too.

Version of the same song from title screen of A New Beginning:

Edited by Dawnwing

This music from Okami, when you are talking to the ghosts of the Celestials on the Ark of Yamato.

Since this needs some love... this.

Close your eyes and feel at peace, then fall to darkness to save your friends...

This game is just fanmade, but the HetaOni soundtrack brings me to tears all the time~

And this one is one of the best of them...

The opera at the end of Portal 2. I was just thinking about this game, and the translated lyrics to it alone were enough to start a torrent of plot theories. Plus, it's really just a beautiful song. Sad, but sweet.

(SPOILERS AHEAD!)

In English:

Dear beautiful, my beautiful darling!

My child, oh darling!

For I hold her in esteem…

For I hold her in esteem.

Farewell to my dear!

My dear girl, why do you not walk away?

Yes, away from Science,

My dear, my dear girl?

Ah, my beautiful!

Ah, my dear!

Ah, my dear!

Ah, my child!

Oh dear, my dear…

Cave Johnson + Carolin = Chell? :0

The power of music!

and the Dead Island trailer theme:

This music is much better when watching the trailer it played in, imo. Apparently it was even played during the Olympics =o I find it rather hilarious, not many would guess the music originated from a zombie survival-horror game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGqq8IAfsxA

Poor Xion... actually the whole last part of the game made me sad, Axel, Roxas, and Xion were just so close... T.T While on KH 358/2 days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIz1erKdcUg

the song while fighting 'Xion' in her final form T.T

This song is rather sad to

Actually I swear more than half the songs In KH 358/2 days are sad...