fudge blood

Bittersweet game music.

Post your favorite, feeling-inducing, bittersweet music found in games you've played.

I'd have to say mine is Eleanor's Lullaby, from Bioshock 2. Goddd, makes me feel things:

and the Dead Island trailer theme:

Edited by fudge blood

Its so beautiful. It makes me cry when I listen to it. Its like... they know that you're going to cry when you hear five seconds of this song.

Its so beautiful. It makes me cry when I listen to it. Its like... they know that you're going to cry when you hear five seconds of this song.

Roxas' theme from the Piano collection tops it for me.

ouch. RIGHT in the heart. 8C

It's one of those songs that just repeats till you move on to the next thing, but it's beautiful - I've listened several times to a 15-minute version someone made.

For such a lighthearted, funny game, this was an emotional moment in it; quite the mood whiplash from the end of the previous chapter.

All of these songs are sad ;~;

This one makes me cry everytime though :/

Kingdom Hearts is such a good game, it's full of nostalgia even though it's not that old. The soundtrack brings back so many good feelings ;u;

Kingdom Hearts is such a good game, it's full of nostalgia even though it's not that old. The soundtrack brings back so many good feelings ;u;

Well, it's ten years old now.

mellow.gif I haven't played this game. But I remember when my sister and I would pretend to play PokeMon out on the sidewalk. I haven't thought about that in years....

Oh my god ;~; Pokemon deuvjkofsrdzgk @.@ I was just recently given a gameboy advance and Firered and Ruby. Makes me miss the old ones.

Is Kingdom hearts really that old? O.O I think it makes me cry because it brings up all the memories of when I used to play it with my friends. Most of whom I dont see anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLEhv5f8tZM...be_gdata_player

This one is beautiful but very very moving ;~;

Nostalgia @.@

I cried once this started playing, and continued well after the credits had run.

Then, of course, the tearjerker music of the series. It still just gives me a bit of a lump in my throat just hearing it.

And finally...

While not official, this music is about as bittersweet as you can get. The entirety of the Mass Effect series, compressed into about just shy of four of the most beautiful minutes ever.

... Mass Effect gives me tons of feelings xd.png

Edited by Dr. Paine

@Pallet Town: *so much nostalgia* *heartsplode*

Speaking of Pokemon... anyone who's played Mystery Dungeon in the house? 'Cause the name of this song should be enough for you.

And for some reason,

makes me want to cry, too. There's just something in the finality of it, the "there's-no-going-back-now"-ness. Oh, and tiny little creatures trying to fight a giant dragon that controls time itself. BE BRAVE, GUYS. D'8

Anyway... I bet very few people here have ever played Legend of Mana, but let's just say it's one of the greatest things ever. And this song... gaaaahhh... it makes my heart hurt every time.

City of Flickering Destruction

The entire soundtrack for this game is amazing. It's kind of like Final Fantasy, in a way. (BTW, never played Final Fantasy, but the music alone really makes me want to.)

When you reached that part of FFX..

FF always had beautiful scores. But when you reached that part, where the theme was being played again, the last stretch of the game was before you, and all the story was meeting in the crossroads.

When Yuna was apparently fated to die, you knew Tidus' backstory, you knew what had happened to Jecht.

When Sin was coming faster, and you had one goal, a tragic one that you couldn't avoid.

Puts life in perspective eh?

When you reached that part of FFX..

FF always had beautiful scores. But when you reached that part, where the theme was being played again, the last stretch of the game was before you, and all the story was meeting in the crossroads.

When Yuna was apparently fated to die, you knew Tidus' backstory, you knew what had happened to Jecht.

When Sin was coming faster, and you had one goal, a tragic one that you couldn't avoid.

Puts life in perspective eh?

I don't think anyone's posted this. But ohgodwhy did you remind me of it!

Serah....

Since were listening to Noel's theme, I thought Serah's from XIII was equally sad.

(I mostly love the lyrics and vocals.)

@Pallet Town: *so much nostalgia* *heartsplode*

Speaking of Pokemon... anyone who's played Mystery Dungeon in the house? 'Cause the name of this song should be enough for you.

And for some reason,

makes me want to cry, too. There's just something in the finality of it, the "there's-no-going-back-now"-ness. Oh, and tiny little creatures trying to fight a giant dragon that controls time itself. BE BRAVE, GUYS. D'8

Anyway... I bet very few people here have ever played Legend of Mana, but let's just say it's one of the greatest things ever. And this song... gaaaahhh... it makes my heart hurt every time.

City of Flickering Destruction

The entire soundtrack for this game is amazing. It's kind of like Final Fantasy, in a way. (BTW, never played Final Fantasy, but the music alone really makes me want to.)

Waah, that part of mystery dungeon always made me wanna cry! i have all three of the versions that end with that song, and every time I wanna cry T.T

Anyways, How bout this one?

Both Nostalgic and sad in it's own way. I chose the calmer sadder of the two, but both make me sad when you think of why that town is there. Especially after they build the radio tower.... Edited by akiraa

I played this game when I was four. It was the first video game I ever played. My uncle gave it to me as a Christmas present.

I beat it quickly, but it didn't matter. My uncle's friends even called me to ask me how to do certain things. My parents thought it amazing.

It sparked my love for video games today, but sometimes I just get out the old nintendo 64, blow off the dust and play again..

ANd hear this song, and remember the me with the squeaky voice and the naive want to learn everything and everyone.

Although I still have those desires, nothing will compare to the world I left behind.