hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

I was debating nighttime time skip or a few days, I haven't quite decided yet. And yeah, that's why Pierce needed Symaro, since he can do the best job in a short amount of time x) I don't expect her to get patched up completely before the trip. I gotta be realistic to some degree xd.png

I'm up for having Corax encounter Tobias as well, it would be a good reason for her to have direct contact with the Hallowed. If you'd like, Brotato, you can have Corax still be around Torque when you have him spot Tobias.

And I have no problems with another wolf having a similar ability as her, I only brought it up because the person listing the abilities wanted to know if any of the ones that he came up with had already been given to anybody.

Edited by Avialae

I was debating nighttime time skip or a few days, I haven't quite decided yet. And yeah, that's why Pierce needed Symaro, since he can do the best job in a short amount of time x) I don't expect her to get patched up completely before the trip. I gotta be realistic to some degree xd.png

Errr let me explain.

Symaro can do quickly, and he can do effectively, and he can do painlessly.

Pick only 2 of the three. xd.png

Errr let me explain.

Symaro can do quickly, and he can do effectively, and he can do painlessly.

Pick only 2 of the three. xd.png

Pierce is very aware of that, don't worry x) It's why she singled him out specifically.

At this point it's almost like she WANTS to be tortured. rolleyes.gif

Okie! I've posted for Ambrose and Ulra. Ambrose spotted Tobias and fled to feed Ulra his speculation/interpretation of what he witnessed.

Hazeh, let me know if having Ulra separate Lark and Cobalt was a little too much control over their situation.

Edited by Narvix

Scrapping the Grendel character idea in favor of a cursed wolf. Currently, my idea is based on the nemean lion.

Impervious Skin, Enhanced Natural weaponry and Larger size.

Username: TotallyDrow

Name: Crixus

Power: Energy Construct

Abilities: 1. Energy Arms - Crixus has the ability to create two large muscular arms of energy (roughly the size of the hulk's... closest comparison to mind) that seemingly extend from where his shoulder blades would be. Fully outstretched each arm is about the length of his body and the girth of his waist. They come complete with opposable thumbs and can be used to carry large weights as well as deal large physical blows. Alternatively they can also be used as a shield, using their girth to block oncoming attacks or to simply scratch that itch you just cant reach.

Drawback: The arm is set to 1 size, meaning he can't alter its size or length, so its size makes it harder to grasp smaller objects and his reach is predictable. The arms will not last forever and will begin to disintegrate upon taking substantial damage and when fully 'destroyed', will require time for Crixus to replenish the energy reserve required to 're-build' them.

Appearance: Crixus A large shaggy wolf, covered in predominantly black fur with patches of white towards his underside. He is a fairly muscular wolf, being above average in both physical weight and strength.

Personality: Crixus does not share the same desire that his ancestor's did. In fact, he has very little interest in the crystal itself. He accepts the fact that his ancestors actions have lead to him having to live a dull and miserable life, stuck in cursed territory however he does not bother to waste time blaming them for this, or trying to accomplish what they could not. His reasons for being antagonistic towards the Hallowed wolves are more personal and are the driving force behind his hatred. He posesses strong aspirations of revenge, blaming the hallowed for the death of Saxa.

History: While both wolves are unaware of this, Crixus is actually a long lost relative of the hallowed wolf; Aegis. His ancestor's having aligned with the rebeller as they sought for more power.

Crixus, the son of two cursed wolves was born around the same time as another wolf, a young she wolf by the name of Saxa. The pair of them were nigh on inseperable, spending most of their childhood together, honing their hunting skills through play as well as distracting one another from the horrid conditions they found themselves born into. While Crixus grew up accepting his situation, Saxa always had idle thoughts and dreams about life on the other side. She could often be found staring off in the direction of the hallowed territory, her heart yearning to explore those lands beyond; so it came as no surprise to Crixus, when she confessed to him about her desires to leave their home. Deciding to follow her, the two made plans to flee under the guise of going out for a hunt together. With preparations set, they crossed the border, entering hallowed territory, its cleaner air that brought with it the scent of many flowers an intoxicating aroma to both wolves. Their joy however was short lived.

A group of hallowed hunters had stumbled across the two cursed wolves cornered by a bear. Noticing them, Crixus and Saxa had begged for their help, the pair of them no match for the bear.However their cries fell upon deaf ears. Call it ill fate, but the hunter that led the party had a vendetta against the cursed pack and saw no reason in risking his own life or that of his comrades for the sake of the enemy.

Left for dead by those that they wished to join, Crixus and Saxa fought, but alas their victory came at a cost. Saxa had been thrown, her head hitting a large rock with an audible crack before her body came to a stop near a tree; motionless and lifeless. The sight of this drove Crixus over the edge, his powers manifesting as two large arms that extended from his shoulder blades. Fueled by rage and adrenaline, he killed the bear,

Its been a month since he returned to the cursed pack with Saxa's lifeless body. Having explained the situation to their Alpha, Crixus was demoted to the rank of omega; a light punishment for his treacherous actions.

Mate Preference: Not interested after the death of Saxa.

Alliance: Cursed

Position: Omega

Edited by TotallyDrow

Username:Cup0fDOOM

Name:Crowley

Power: Nature Manipulation

Abilities:

Ability I: Energy pulling. Crowley, can pull movement from the air and use it to fuel a charge. Through her oversensitive hair follicles; the constant rush, fusion, and breakdown of atoms in the atmosphere leaves stray electrons ripe for the picking. She has no real control over how much she can collect, like a windmill it depends on the movement of, well everything. From the earth to the sky, everything is made out of matter and depending how active that matter is, Crowley can hold a charge big enough to split the ground open and create gapping chasms large enough to cast beings into an abyss of black oblivion. (Mind you, it would take weeks, probably months of holding a charge to even get close to accomplishing this.) All the way down to the smallest shock at the tip of her tail. On calm days she’s left to run on what she has retained during the previous night, but during turbulent times, the world might just be her oyster.

Ability II: Discharge. Now, unlike Energy Pulling Crowley has total control over this ability. Through any body part, she can relinquish her charge in erratic skittering beams of green that crack the ground open and make wonderful mosaics of plant life, or craggy ancient giants. She can control the growth patterns of the life under her charge and bend sentience into unthinking greenery. The amount, once again depends on how much of a charge she is holding. As well as; Crowley can rid herself of as much of her charge as she pleases. Sometimes it gets to be too much. And she takes a trip to a barren rock laden area, where she lets the sparks dance through the tired pads of her paws. Then frees her charge straight into the ground. None of this power can be recovered unless nature, (that cruel mistress) wills it.

Ability III: Rolling Earth. In areas that are dense with plant life Crowley can cause the earth to follow her will. Through the roots she can do something petty and trickster-ish as tripping up a friend. Or she can gouge the ground open with a localized earthquake by vibrating the roots. The power in this can range depending on her charge.

Draw backs: Crowley can only work through living plants, dead greenery is just that. Dead greenery. She can create more in barren areas, building plants takes less effort than controlling them. But only slightly. Both abilities use charge, but discharging and using her own plants uses less charge than using established plants. This is due to an energy sync. Crowley is synched with her own energy when she creates new life. But established plants have their own wavelength, therefore Crowley has to bend herself, and conform to the surrounding area. As opposed to already having a connection. This only works for small plants that are not quite as rigid such as a rose bush or a bushel of clovers. But an entire full grown tree would eat away her charge to near nothing unless she stored for huge periods of time. Which isn’t a very good idea, when she has too much charge it can cause her to become ill. Fits of vomiting and erratic seizures have almost put her on a death bed more than once.

Appearance: Crowley is stout, and thickly built. Her body was built for endurance not speed. She’s a bit round in the face and in body. Her right ear has a hole in the top and a few other chunks are scraped from the bottom edge, where the ear flushes with Crowley’s face. Her fur is thick, wiry, and is a shade of deep brown. But her eyes are a quite striking, surrounded by pools of liquid black rings of green mark the ouroboros of her irises.

Personality: At one time she was happy, cheerful even. Maybe a bit rough around the edges, but none-the-less a healthy wolf willing and wanting to be part of the world. In recent days though, she’s folded within herself leaving little to mystery. She paints herself as bland. Yet her inner workings are quite imaginative, she’s always trying to find something beyond the now. Even if none of it ever comes to fruition, she swallows her disappointment and finds the next best thing. This may lead to her blowing up at inappropriate times, because that’s where most of her negative emotions go, in a pit to be forgotten. But she is not quiet by any means. A bit brash and unthinking in her speech, Crowley will let things roll off her tongue as if it is money burning a hole in her pocket. She is swift to get cocky, due to her restless impatience.

History: Her father was a loner who built his way into the pack, while her mother was a delta. Born late into the winter, Crowley came to this world too early with two other siblings who never lived long enough to break their eyes open. None-the-less she thrived, Crowley was too curious for a pup. She’d wander off and leave the group raising a panic more than a few times when she’d return too late for comfort. Yet, she was never far off in her excursions, or at least in her opinion it wasn’t far. Skirting the edge of the pack seemed to be the best place for Crowley, as she grew her social skills left something to be desired with pups her age. Scrappy and a bit coarse with her words, Crowley lived simply during her adolescence. Till a fight with her father turned dark, on the crux of adulthood her tempter took hold. Leaving the old wolf nearly dead. Once wind of her travesty had caught wind Crowley was almost left abandoned, but was spared and given the earned title of Omega. Now she strives for forgiveness and reacceptance as a Gamma in taking her lashings from the pack, and leaving well enough alone.

Mate Preference: Male (if ever possible, it’s not an issue I will really push)

Alliance: Hallowed

Position: Omega

Drow, he looks good. The only thing I'd prefer changed is the shape of the "arms." I want to keep human influence out of the roleplay as much as possible, so having human-like arms doesn't sit well with me. Bear shaped, tentacle shaped, whatever else is fine--just not humanlike arms, please.

CupofDoom, I'm having a hard time trying to picture the first ability (and partially the second ability). From what you've described, it almost sounds as though this "charge" has an electrical affect. I don't mind if a nature-based ability for plant life means she can pull life energy out of the world around her and then later utilize it, but using it with electrical effects isn't going to work. Also, the mention about creating chasams is just a little too out of the realm of "nature energy" for me-- "nature energy" becomes too vague, then, and I would prefer it kept to just plantlife. And the second ability from what I imagine is just invigorating plants in that localized area to grow from whereever she expells her "charge"?

Um...We've finally found some more people at my workplace, so I finally have FreeTime, meaning I'm considering coming back. However, I'd want Tobias, but I see that you've all made some wonderful plots with his disappearance,,and it seems that I've missed a lot...

Well, he's technically not dead just yet, so he's still salvageable if you want. We can always default to good ole memory loss. smile.gif

Of course, a summary would be helpful, so I understand what's happening.

In Hallowed territory, it's mostly aftermath of the earthquake. Pierce's hunting party was making its way back to camp when Ylva (the oracle) had a vision about the Life Crystal. Pierce and Ylva went to go investigate, only to find that the Life Crystal has disappeared entirely. However, Pierce forced Ylva to keep quiet about it, so so far only they know that the Crystal is gone. They have just made it back to camp, and everyone is concerned about where Tobias has gone off to. Pierce is getting ready to go to Cursed territory to request an audience with the Cursed Alpha Ulra to find out what happened with the Crystal.

On Cursed territory, a strage fog has rolled in with the faint smell of rot. It cannot be cleared, even with wind powers, and only touches Cursed territory. So far, no one has found the cause of this mysterious mist. Also, a few wolves last saw Tobias running into Cursed territory at the border. The mist parted for a moment, revealing him (and, to Tobias, a strange wolf named Raj that takes on the appearance of other wolves from his target's memories) before the fog crashed down on him and he disappeared.

That's mostly it, I believe.

Alright, would it be fine if Tobias returns to camp then, or should he be found within his territory? (I'll be posting tomorrow on my day off, as I'm currently on my kindle and unable to make lengthy paragraphs)

Should we scrap the entire idea that was created to add some tension since Mia is taking Tobias back? Or will it get modified with an NPC?

Shiny,

Do the arms have to be from a creature within the territory, or can i make it anything as long as its not human.

I'm thinking large crab claws. As well as potentially adding a second ability in the form of energy antlers. o3o

Oh, and Haze, and who would have the memory loss? Tobias or the wolves who claimed to see him?

So what we can do with that is this: Since Otto is approaching Raj, that can distract Raj enough to release Tobias (for now! ehehehe). Tobias can wander back onto Hallowed territory with memory loss of the event (or more if you wish, Mia. That's up to you). If he makes it back to camp before Pierce goes off into Cursed territory to question Ulra, it'll still give her reason to think that the Cursed are up to something since Tobias is suffering memory loss. That'll keep up with the plot we've got going now so there isn't much we have to change. smile.gif

Drow: As long as they aren't human hands, that's fine. Crab hands or monkey arms are a little strange to me since neither of those species exist in the roleplay's environment, but if you really want them then I'll allow it.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Username: Soulking

Name: Nightmare

Power: Nightmare manipulation

Abilities:

Dream Intruder

During the night when he is sleeping, he can target another wolf to intrude their dreams upon while they are sleeping, also works on daydreaming targets. Any damage done in the dream world will appear in the real world, for both him and the victim. If the damage done in the dream world is fatal, the wolf in the real world will die. The dreamer can fight back when intruded upon by this ability. However his energy pool in the dream is not infinite but can be regained by absorbing nightmare creatures for energy. This also works on prey.

Nightmare Utilization

He can use the nightmare itself to attack the victim using creatures imagined up by the dreamer and force his mind upon them to command them to attack the victim. These are limited to what the dreamer dreams up.

Nightmare Modification

He can change the nightmare's environment to give him advantages and disadvantage the dreamer. Using this he can dispel hostile nightmare creatures and influence the dreamer to create more nightmare creatures, however nightmare creatures created by a influence are weaker than regular nightmare creatures

Drawbacks:

These nightmares will cause damage to him if he is damaged in that world.

Nightmare creatures may turn on him if he is distracted.

He constantly loses energy in the nightmare.

He must absorb nightmare creatures to sustain himself and his abilities, if his energy is depleted the nightmare will end.

Appearance: The nightmare compels you to click this...

Personality: Prone to lashing out he can change from sweet to aggressive in a moment. He is usually on edge, he also holds grudges and will try to murder the ones he holds grudges against. He has another side that is bold and acts on impulse, as well as one that is cautious and cunning. Switches between these two happen randomly with no pattern.

History: A former loner who was abandoned as soon as he realized his power at 7 months of age, he nearly slaughtered his sibling with it. He was deemed too violent by his mother and kicked out to live alone. He wandered alone, killing prey solely via his power and waking up shortly after to eat it. Decent strength saved him a few times while he was awake in fights that grew violent quickly, often against other loners when he woke to get his kill. Eventually he found the Cursed pack and joined it for protection and food.

Mate Preference: Female

Alliance: Cursed

Position: Gamma Warrior

Edited by Soulking

I'd like to know this too. :\ Should someone PM 20mia again? Or just remove them?

Edited by Narvix

Um...We've finally found some more people at my workplace, so I finally have FreeTime, meaning I'm considering coming back. However, I'd want Tobias, but I see that you've all made some wonderful plots with his disappearance,,and it seems that I've missed a lot...

This is what bothers me the most. :\

I believed it...

He's alive, I do plan on posting, but I'm still not certain what I should post, and where I should put him...

Hazeh provided an idea in her last ooc post, at the bottom of the previous page. I think she was waiting on a response from you.