hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

Aegis would want to be a candidate for the vacancy. o3o

Edited by TotallyDrow

Yeah, she said she didn't want anyone to change him, so she wanted him killed. If she gives you another answer though, just let me know.

As for how we'll handle a death, probably similarly to how it should/will be handled by the Cursed. The Alpha will have to assign a new Beta. Though, this does give Pierce a great talking point when she finally goes for an audience with Ulra...

Okay, well that clinches it then.

How will we handle the death?

I feel like death by falling rocks is a wasted opportunity.

Maybe we can tie it in with the crystal's disappearance?

Could just be from the earthquake o3o

Yeah, but death by falling rock seems like such a waste of potential.

This is an opportunity to have the Cursed stand out as a potential threat.

We could come up with an elaborate scenario incriminating them, further forshadowing a confrontation.

I

I'm not the only one who is a little bit bothered by the lack of interaction between the two sides, which are supposed to be enemies, am I? Please tell me I'm not. =/

The worst I've seen so far is Uriel and Symaro's pitiful little argument so far, we need some action!

Threats being made, fights being had, blood being spilled, come on already! xd.png

Edited by Brotato

I've intended for Ulra to lead with peaceful intentions towards the Hallowed. They strive to make things better for their pack but doesn't believe an all-out war with the other pack to be the right way to do it. If anything, it would make things worse for the Cursed. They know that Hallowed is stronger. Ulra has just been waiting for Hallowed to take a first step because of the instilled belief that Cursed will be attacked on sight, asked questions later (if at all). To them, behaving is a good way to earning trust.

Well, I AM preparing for Pierce to go over to Cursed territory. She just needs to be patched up first xd.png

As well, Raj is going to be creating some... issues. >v>

Does anyone want Lya to pester them?

Speaking of which, I'm actually surprised no one within the camp decided to take advantage of the power outburst she generated when frightened during the earthquake. x3 It would have amplified someone's abilities for a temporary amount of time so long as they were in range.

EDIT: Well, there was Hawke but it could affect one or two more wolves.

Edited by Narvix

I just realized, Symaro's gonna take Tobias's death quite heavily...

I'm wondering how heavily, exactly.

Edited by Brotato

Maybe Tobias ends up dying accidentally, but due to everything that's going on, the Cursed are blamed? If the mist stays around the Cursed territory into Pierce's trip, it would be fairly easy for him to be separated from the group and run into some trouble.

I was thinking something more along the lines of someone seeing Tobias going on a patrol to round up any stragglers in the earthquake, and maybe on that patrol he comes across something and chases after it. Raj could probably be the cause of that, and thus Tobias disappears into the mist and is never seen again? Pierce could bring that up to Ulra or something. Then perhaps Corax and Torque or someone can come across his mutilated body? Something mysterious.... o:

Eh, I don't really have a strong preference. I would like an excuse to drive tension up between the Hallowed and Cursed packs, but with Uriel around your scenario should be more than sufficient to have him suspect the Cursed being behind Tobias's death.

Although, I'm not sure about Corax and Torque finding his body . . . I'm still waiting on a reply from Brotato for Torque, but I don't believe either of them have any plans to go into Cursed territory as long as the mist is still around.

I do like the idea. smile.gif It sounds like a very plausible one and certainly would drive a little wedge of tension into place.

I'm game for Torque and Corax finding the body.

Also I've yet to introduce Otto.

As for a disappearance, that would be usable for a Find Tobias subplot. biggrin.gif

Or, maybe they don't find the body. Maybe they see him as he runs into Cursed territory as if he's chasing something, but neither of them see what he is chasing. And then as he enters the mist, they hear a yelp.... or maybe the mist swirls and he's just gone? Or both? And perhaps there's a spot of ice or whatnot on the ground where he disappeared.

|D

I'm certainly not against having Corax and Torque find the body, we just have to find a good reason for them to go back into the mist. Seeing Tobias head inside, pursuing nothing that they can see, should be good enough . . . then they lose him and maybe stumble onto his corpse onto his way out?

I think that's plausible. Torque could recognize Tobias and wonder why the Beta of the Hallowed was racing into the Cursed territory?

Sounds like a plan. And it would give a reason for Torque and Corax to perhaps interact with the Hallowed.

Posting soon, Haze? biggrin.gif

Edited by Brotato

Yes, hopefully! I'm trying to catch up on everyone and run errands at the same time |D I'm going to be updating the pack lists soon to reflect our inactive wolves too.

Edit: Okay, phew. I managed to post as everyone, I think x) I'm slowing going to ease Raj into it, since he's significant for the plot and all. Not my best work, but I've owed you guys some responses for a while.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

In aegis's older post I had him send a lower ranked gamma warrior called grendel to a place called talons rock to scout the area for danger. He could be the one to notice Tobias head into the fog, report back to aegis who can then inform the pack.

I sort of want him as my 3rd character but that would mean all my chars are hallowed. A low ranked gamma scout

Powers

1. Scope vision - the ability to alter his vision to magnify objects from a distance as if they were right in front of him.

2. Heat vision. The ability to detect heat sources in darkness.

3. Petrification - if there is prolonged eye contact the target is turned to stone.

Just a quick list. Terrible internet connection so struggling g to view other forms to see if these abilities were taken. If they are I will make changes

Edited by TotallyDrow

Corax has heat sense (not exactly vision, as she can see things beyond her range of sight with it) as a continuation of her heat-themed powers . . . I don't believe the other two abilities are taken, though.

Speaking of Torque and Corax, I'm not sure what to post for Torque at the moment.

Are they the ones that find, or just see Tobias before he errr, dies or disappears, I guess?

I think if we can manage it, I'd prefer to have actual characters be involved in noticing Tobias, as I feel there might be too much NPC interactions going on while we have other characters sitting idle. I want to incorporate everyone as much as possible smile.gif

As for the vision, the first two sound fine. Remember that similar or same powers can be used, there is no limit to how many wolves can have the same power. I'm not a fan of the turning wolves into stone, though, as that's not really something to do with the wolf's actual vision.

If you'd like to have Torque and Corax see Tobias, that's fine with me. I left it open for anyone just so we can get more characters involved. I'm probably going to implement a small time skip soon though so I can get Pierce's excursion into Cursed territory rolling.

I'm tempted to have Ambrose catch sight of Tobias before he disappears as he's hurrying back to the camp. That way, Ulra knows about Tobias being in their territory but still won't know what became of him. It could make it look like they aren't saying the whole truth to "protect one of their pack mates".

There can also be more than one wolf from either side noticing Tobias, too. I mean it would be a bit noticeable to see a white and blue wolf running head first into fog that parts like the red sea and then suddenly engulfs him x)

Very well. I'll have Torque encounter Tobias on my next post.

After that, we could skip to nighttime or morning, I guess.

If you're planning on having Pierce go to the Cursed immediately, then she's not gonna get much fixing up. Also, isn't the day drawing to a close anyway? It feels like it's been forever. xd.png

I'd like to do a nighttime rollover so if Torque encounters Tobias, he can sneak back into the Hallowed camp and let Pierce know about it, and the fog, if that's allright with you.