hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

I'm getting there, sorry |D I'm moving in with my girlfriend this week while simultaneiously taking care of my parents' and grandparents' animals since they're away. I'll try to get a post and the event up soon, I promise! Thanks for hanging in there, guys.

Narvix, he looks neat. Accepted~

Just posted for Corax. Sorry it took so long, I've been busy over the last few days. Still waiting on a reply for Uriel.

Just posted for Corax. Sorry it took so long, I've been busy over the last few days. Still waiting on a reply for Uriel.

Sarry...

I probably will only be posting in Freeforms if I have the time to post at all this weekend... Lots of wedding stuff I have to help do and prepare and make

Wedding's on Monday, the practice is today, and so much to do.

Haha, look at me. Coming in an hour late with no Starbucks. Ack, I'm sorry for not posting, I really wasn't sure what to post and I got caught up in family problems and posting elsewhere. I'll try to remain more active in the future. >.<

Pretty much everyone's inactive currently, so no problem. :I

Looking forward to a revival though.

Edited by Brotato

Well, inactivity for a handful, busy schedules for others. I know Mage has been working to help her dad recently so she's been kept away. Shiny's been really busy lately too. Not certain about the rest who haven't posted recently.

Korra, the Earthquake wasn't meant to do so much damage to either camps. Shiny described the landslide in Cursed territory as only burying one wolf. Otherwise, everyone else has been relatively unharmed. Just wanting to let you know.

I can have Ambrose tag along with Cave for some hunting though.

Username: Brotato

Name: Solla

Power: Teleportation

Abilities:

"Displacement" - Solla can instantly shift her physical form from one area to another by displacing the contents of the area and exchanging her position with her target's. The spell can be used in rapid succession, but does have it's drawbacks.

"Mass Displacement" - Solla can extend the effect of her Displacement ability and move herself and any surrounding material or persons the same way her regular displacement would. This ability is very taxing and can not be used in rapid succession. It's area of effect is roughly four of Solla's total length from nose to tail. The drawbacks are more significant.

"Gateway" - Once a day, Solla can erect and augment a simplistic structure in a location chosen by her to make it a usable "Gateway". Such places allow her to summon a triangular portal that acts as a direct path from one location to another, which must also have a " Gateway" structure erect and functional in order for the point of departure to be linked with the point of arrival. While she can conjure portals as much as she pleases from one location to another, given the conditions stated above are met, however, there are drawbacks.

Drawbacks:

"Displacement" - Solla can not use this ability to transport anything other then herself. anything she is carrying will be left embedded within whatever she displaced herself with. If it was just air, then it would fall to the ground, as if Solla had simply disappeared. While this ability isn't taxing enough to wear her down from repeated use, the rapid change in location does cause her to get confused easily, and her accuracy with it declines with the spell's rapid succession of use. It has a short range of up to ten meters only. It can be used to move to areas that aren't in the line of sight, but as one can imagine, teleporting into harm's way is always a possibility.

"Mass Displacement" - While this ability allows Solla to displace others around her, it comes with a much more energy-taxing cost. Mass Displacement can not be used in rapid succession, and demands at least several minutes of winding down, lest Solla risks burning out and getting knocked unconscious. It is likely to confuse other individuals it affects. The spell is hindered by the protective energies of other wolves, and can not be used to displace any less then the entire body of a target. Unwilling targets can be displaced, but only if they are located within the central area of the spell's effect. It costs a second of concentration to perform. It also has an up to 10 meters range.

"Gateway" - These portals can be used by other wolves, but the travel process is physically taxing. Solla only uses this ability when in good physical condition, as she has learned from personal experience how much harm a weakened body can sustain from using such short-cuts. More often then not, she doesn't have a ready Gateway handy, and is forced to create one on the spot, which takes her some time, and can be done only once per day. The travel distance of this ability is nearly limitless, but it's unreliability makes it an emergency-only kind of utility, as it is practically guaranteed that any untethered or foreign objects thrown in one end, either come out burned, broken, charred or don't go through at all, making it unusable to speed up hunting or gathering. She has only recently perfected creating Gateways, meaning that there aren't many of them around the area. As they are structures, they can be weathered and destroyed, making them unusable.

^ half-way done in the works character sheet here. Critiques requested for the powers. xd.png

Edited by Brotato

So far I'm okay with everything. With teleportation abilities, I only really restrict distance. It looks like you've got that covered with the exception of the gateways, but their limits work for me too.

As for everything else, hold onto your butts! I'm gonna jump start a few things to get us back into gear, now that it's summer for me and I have internet access at my new place. Huzzah! Keep checking back here, as I will be adding something new that everyone (mainly Cursed members for now, though) need to be aware of. Also keep an eye out for the new event~!

NOTICE: In my character sheet below, I have purposefully left out certain information (i.e., history, etc) and smudged my own power rules a bit. This is because the character below is extremely significant later in the roleplay, and thus I cannot give out details until that point is reached.

Username: Shiny Hazard Sign

Name: Raj.

Age: Appearance wise, roughly 8 or 9 years. His true age is unknown.

Power: Illusions--- or so, it appears.

Abilities:

Now You See It: Raj can make shadows and shapes appear at the edge of one's perceptive field, which often tricks victims into believing something is hunting or watching them. These shadows and shapes can also appear in water, darkness, or other phenomena where figures can be obscured easily, such as fog, mist, or storms. These fleeting shadows can never be truly identified, but those who have seen them typically report something similar to the outline or silhouette of a wolf or other creatures.

Now You Don't: He can also create an illusion of a changed landscape around his victim. The fabrication of these illusions are meticulous and often scarily detailed, resulting in most wolves unable to tell the difference between reality and illusion. He can change everything up to the color, texture, and smell of a certain object, and if he has enough energy, can alter the very territory to appear as though the wolves have been transported elsewhere. These illusions are nearly perfected, including other animals and sometimes even wolves known to the victims. Most details are not from Raj's own memory, but from the memory of his victims-- his illusions are heavily based on the wolves whom he is casting the illusion on, and their perceptions of their world. For example, wolves that appear in his illusion may be wolves from his victim's past, present, or from a dream, though there is no discretion on Raj's part as to which wolves appear in the illusion. The amount of wolves this can affect is virtually limitless, but only those within his sight range can be affected.

Smoke and Mirrors: By concentrating on one wolf, Raj can bring forth images, scents, sounds, etc from that wolf's mind. The apparitions are usually built from the wolf's fears or bad memories, but Raj also has the ability to build them from happy memories and emotions as well-- if he wanted. The replicas he produces tend to be exact down to every detail, including pieces the wolf may have forgotten from lapses in time and memory-- even voices. These illusions however affect only the wolf he is concentrating on, and no others; therefore, no other wolf can experience (see, hear, smell, etc) the illusion Raj casts for another.

Drawbacks: Each ability is taxing on energy, though the first ability uses very little energy unless he uses it on a large number of wolves. The second ability taxes only as much of how detailed or large the illusion is; should he cast a full scenery change, it takes a while (a good few hours, at the very least) before he can cast another such illusion, regardless of how many wolves it affected. The third ability can be used without limit, though he can only use it on one wolf at a time.

Appearance: Raj's true appearance has long been forgotten. Now, when he appears to others, they each view him differently according to how they expect him to look, or even sometimes based on their own fears and thoughts. It is not unheard of for wolves to claim he looks to be the spitting image of their father, mother, or mistaken for a long lost lover, only aged (or youthful, depending on the wolf). This is also true for the sound of his voice, as it can change to mimic another voice randomly. A single wolf's perception of him can also change without notice. Raj may also appear or disappear suddenly, as if he were an illusion entirely. If a wolf is able to look at Raj through his illusions (note: this can only be done with a power that negates illusions), they may see a grizzled black wolf with no eyes.

Personality: There is an ageless, spectral aura to Raj, if that is even truly his name. He comes and goes without warning, like a whisper on the wind, and does not seem to care much about anything in particular. If he has an ulterior motive, it is well hidden under layers of indifference and apathy. However, he does seem at least partially invested in the Cursed, though for reasons currently unknown. He has never appeared to any Hallowed wolves. He speaks softly, with a voice touched by time and war when not masked by the illusion of another voice, often in riddles or confusing verse; sometimes others may think him to speak nonsense altogether, while others find his manner of speech eerie and ominous. Raj seems to know many things, things that he shouldn't even know-- but nonetheless, possesses knowledge of.

History: Mysterious. Few wolves have ever seen him, much less spoken to him face to face, but the rumors of a wolf fitting Raj's description have floated through Araelia for many, many years, seemingly even before the packs were split. In fact, the only times reports of him have ever been made were during times of contention about the Life Crystal.

Mate Preference: None

Alliance: Assumed loner.

Position:

Regarding the recent announcement: for those of us with loners, would the shape within the fog apply to those who were born to the Cursed pack and then left, or only the wolves that are currently members of it?

Current members only. c:

Welcome back, Shiny. ^^

Let me get caught up on the updates.

Well, damn, there go my plans for Torque. xd.png

It's cool, though. I felt like I was about to start something I wasn't sure I could finish with him.

Edited by Brotato

Just so you know, the smell of the fog isn't very over powering. It's really only barely noticeable at times; I should have made that more clear x)

Just so you know, the smell of the fog isn't very over powering. It's really only barely noticeable at times; I should have made that more clear x)

Dangit. Editing.

Yesterday Mia claimed she's free to post more often now, but who knows.

She started posting in her own roleplay, so hopefully that means we'll see some posts from her soon. If not I'll message her and see what's going on.

I'll be posting as Lark and Cobalt later today after work, and possibily Raj.

She started posting in her own roleplay, so hopefully that means we'll see some posts from her soon. If not I'll message her and see what's going on.

I'll be posting as Lark and Cobalt later today after work, and possibily Raj.

Friendly reminder that you're also in her RP as well. xd.png

Friendly reminder that you're also in her RP as well. xd.png

Yeah, and I haven't exactly had a response to my last post.... ;D

Edit: Mouse, I would appreciate it if you didn't use OOC talk in the IC thread. I've already answered part of your question here as well. That's what an OOC thread is for. :> As for the light, it's a pretty thick fog. They'd be able to tell the difference between night and day, but it's not sunny. If any of you have seen the marine layer come over the Santa Cruz mountains, it looks like that.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Yeah, and I haven't exactly had a response to my last post.... ;D

Oh Krusz! You're right.

Posted just now, was in a bit of a rush, so any objections you might have will gladly edit when I get home.

Edited by Brotato

MyaMouse, in regards to my post with Uriel, feel free to have Umbria get away unharmed, I'm just having him react in-character to finding out that she used to be a member of the Cursed pack.

Also, the two wolves with him are NPCs, so feel free to have them intervene if you wish.

Username: Soulking

Name: Giantmaw

Power: Regeneration

Abilities:

Passive Regeneration

This type of regeneration takes more time and is completely involuntary. It can regenerate lost limbs in a day or two. Open wounds regenerate in a couple minutes to 20-30 minutes depending on how big it is.

Active Regeneration

This type of regeneration is willful and takes up energy, however it regenerates wounds and injuries, much much faster. This will not work if he is currently being attacked, so it is most useful when he has stunned or thrown the enemy to the ground. This will regenerate nearly all open wounds in a couple of minutes, lost limbs are regenerated in a couple hours.

Regeneration Overdrive

This is also willful and will take up so much energy he faints after using it. It essentially sets his regeneration to be like a rapid-spreading cancer. It creates multiple new limbs constantly, but these limbs cannot regenerate themselves and it disables Giantmaw's regeneration ability temporarily. If he is alone it will do much the same thing but only around his body, however it still faints him and disables his regeneration ability.

Weaknesses

None of these abilities can regenerate his brain or heart. The rest of the organs can be regenerated.

Passive regeneration is slightly weakened when in battle.

He requires lots and lots of food after using regeneration overdrive.

Active regeneration will put a massive strain on him if used in battle or while running.

Appearance: Boop.

Personality: Maniacal and due to the attack that left him without legs, he wishes to kill every single hallowed wolf. He is extremely violent and has no tolerance for traitors or enemies. He is extremely bloodlusted and does not stop until there is nothing left of the enemy, but will not let this cause his downfall if it is a battle with multiple enemies.

History: Weak and powerless was the definition of his childhood. His sisters and brothers got all the attention because of their power. He didn't participate in fights with his siblings because they were afraid he would die due to his powerlessness. Life continued like this until one day due to a Hallowed raid, he lost all his limbs due to them being bit off and thought as dead as he was spilling massive blood. He blacked out into a nightmare and they thought he was dead. However two days later, he had regained a limb, and by the end of the week he was fully operational and able to walk. He stopped being so bitter after realizing his power. He however seeks revenge on the Hallowed that cut off his limbs and sent him into that nightmare, he wishes to have that Hallowed dead, but also feels somewhat thankful for the Hallowed making him realize his powers.

Mate Preference: Female Only

Alliance: Cursed

Position: Gamma Warrior

Edited by Soulking

I don't know Haze's policy about "to be RP'd" sheet sections but, I'm curious about his history. How did another wolf "cut off" his legs? Wolves hardly ever go for another animal's legs (unless it's prey twice their size and legs are all they can manage to reach). Their fighting is based on the instinct of dominance which means they'll go for the throat most often and attempt to be on top.

Away from that, I plan to post by tomorrow or Monday. I've just been taking a bit of a break to recuperate from my trip earlier this week.

Edited by Narvix

Yes, all parts of the form need to be filled out appropriately.

I also was a bit curious about the "cut off" part. I would imagine wolves in a fight would attack a limb if they had to; maybe they ripped it off while fighting? I'm not sure.