hazeh

Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

"Th..Thank you!" shouted Fenrir. "I...I Won't let you down" his last words eliciting another chorus of laughter from the wolves.

Fenrir did his best to try and contain his excitement at being accepted into the hunting party; however even to the most oblivious of wolves it was obvious that he was over the moon with joy. The silly grin and overactive tail wagging only two of the tell tale signs of his current mood. It was a chance to impress the others and more importantly impress the Alpha of the pack; never in his wildest dreams did he believe it would happen in this manner.

Pierce's words afterwards were just icing on the cake for him, knowing that even the Alpha had made mistakes in the past gave him a sense of reassurance. With his lowly rank within the pack it was only natural that he had placed her on this pedestal.

Reality soon sunk in as she called forth the other wolves who would be joining them; Gould, Baron and Vienna. Whilst all three were hunters that he had looked up to, it was Baron who stood out the most for Fenrir. He had heard many stories around the camp about him; mainly about how he gained the scars across his chest and over his eye. Fenrir gulped and stepped forward so that he was among the others; his size dwarfed when compared to that of Baron.

Soon after Pierce plunged into the forest, the three experienced hunters followed and soon after Fenrir too was dashing through the wooded terrain. Whilst at the back of the pack he was keeping his pace behind them; a look of awe as the four in front of him seemingly glided through the meandering woods. It was obvious to Fenrir that they knew this place like the back of their hand.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Hawke

Much to Hawke's immediate disappointment, the stranger rejected the Alpha's offer of rejoining the pack as an Omega; however, it did not take long for Hawke's feelings of displeasure turn into a sliver of enmity. The Delta's ears laid back as he turned his head towards the confrontation, not caring if anyone saw him staring, as the intruder decline Pierce's proposal. Hawke wasn't sure if his mind was fabricating some delusion of his or if he was simply misreading the brown male's voice, but it sounded as though he was being condescending. His tone was nothing but pleasant but his choice of words made Hawke feel as though the stranger was placing himself on a level above the pack as though he was of a higher class. Such a thought was irritable if not downright insulting. Who did this male think he was? Spying on the pack in the middle of the night only to come the following day with an aura of superiority wafting off of him was certainly not going to put him in the Alpha's good graces.

A soft hushed whine escaped Hawke's lip as he averted his gaze to the ground momentarily to collect his thoughts, shifting his paws anxiously in the process. It wasn't his place to judge outsiders but he couldn't help how he felt. He didn't trust the stranger but, oddly enough, in some corner in the recess of Hawke's mind, he wanted to trust him. Outsiders were always unpredictable but this outsider used to be part of the pack; the stranger used to be one of them. To see someone who used to be a packmate act so surly towards the Alpha made Hawke's stomach curl. It was bad enough to cause Hawke to be mildly pleased that the oracle had been so hostile towards the intruder. If anyone could law down the law it was Ylva for sure.

The appearance of the Beta brought Hawke's eyes from the ground to the white wolf's pelt. Curiosity flooded Hawke as he cocked his head to the side, listening intently as Symaro began to inform the intruder what had happened to his parents. Hawke's ears pricked up as the Beta mentioned a family having their mind wiped thanks to the unstable powers of one of the pups in the family. Hawke didn't remember that at least, not vividly. He knew what the Beta was talking about but he didn't really know much about the outcome of the family. He must have been only a few months old at the time if that. He frequently practiced the art of sticking his nose where it didn't belong as a pup though it seemed as though did poorly if he tried to learn what had happened to the family when he was pup.

Hawke shrugged the thoughts away as Pierce suddenly let out a thundering howl, snapping her teeth in the air as electricity sparked off her hide. Hawke leaped back as the Alpha jumped, his ears up and attentive he stared wide eyed at the scene before him. The Alpha spared no expense in putting Ylva, who was now bowing their head in submission, and the stranger, who did not seem inclined to follow the blind wolf's lead, in their place. Pride rushed through Hawke as he noted just how assertive Pierce was. He was glad that the Alpha didn't just let the stranger insult the pack and get away with the insult. Just as Hawke thought about how much he would absolutely love to see the stranger try to counter the Alpha's remark, the intruder suddenly dispersed into a fine purple fog, causing Hawke to jump backwards startled. He blinked in bewilderment before gazing around the camp in shock. The corners of his mouth twitched as he lowered his gaze to the ground. Whatever the stranger just did, it was impressive. Such a trick did not remove the discomfort that began bubbling in Hawke's stomach after the stranger spoke to the Alpha in what Hawke thought was a patronizing tone—although he still wasn't completely sure if he read the intruder's voice correctly—Hawke was still fascinated by the intruder's little haze show.

"Uncle Hawke!""

The male's thoughts were interrupted by a sudden squeal emitting from his left. He turned his head just in time to see a fluffy ball of floor bounce right up to Hawke before skidding to a halt.

"Uncle Hawke! Are you going on a patrol today? Can I come with you? Please, I want to go today!" A snicker found its way out of Hawke's mouth as Lycaonia began to playfully hop around him with an enormous grin plastered on her visage. It didn't take too long for her eyes to catch sight of Hawke's swaying bushy tail. The glint of mischief in the pup's eyes brought a devilish smirk on Hawke's lips as the she crouched down, wiggling her rump in the air before throwing herself onto Hawke's tail before flopping over on the back, giggling madly as she swiped at the tail above her.

"Ah! There's the little warrior!" Hawke exclaimed, turning his head around as he began to wag his tail to and fro excitedly. "Alas, I have not been called for a patrol and although I know just how fierce of a hunter you are, I do not think you'll be allowed to accompany us even if I was sent on a patrol." Instantaneously, Hawke swirled around, sticking his snout in front of Lya before merrily nuzzling her stomach in a playful fashion. After several moments, he lifted his hint, his eyes glittering with amusement.

"What do you desire to do today, little warrior?" he inquired cheerfully. Any signs of distress that Hawke had shown while watching the stranger and the Alpha had been eradicated. He was all smiles and giggles with his tail wagging madly and a wave of happiness washing over his face.

Edited by Doctortear

Tobias, Hallowed Beta

The pale blue-and-white beta flattened his ears as he spotted Pierce. He immediately felt guilty, even though he had stayed up late the day before working hard on the borders. Tobias approached his alpha in quick strides before she left, only to stop before her and dip his head in respect and apologies. I'm sorry for my delays, ma'am, I had overslept on accident. I will get to work immediately. The beta murmured before stepping back and raising his head, turning to a few wolves and flicking his stiff-furred tail. When Tobias turned to these wolves, he spoke in a clear and assertive voice, his orders to them ringing out loudly.

Time for the morning patrol, preferably along the border we share with the Cursed. I want those markings as fresh as possible, so our enemies will think twice before crossing. I would also like a few Deltas to tag along as well, perhaps they can find some herbs of use while out and about. Tobias ordered, standing tall with his shoulders squared, but didn't dare act like he was alpha. He didn't stand too tall, and kept his tail at a fair height to declare his dominance, but he kept it low enough to show that he wasn't challenging Pierce for her position. Besides, he had been one of the betas to greatly push for her to be alpha, so why would he ever want her to be demoted? Tobais greatly respected his alpha, and expected great things out of her.

Ylva

As Pierce's tone and body relaxed, Ylva's ears lifted faintly, picking up on the Alpha's sighs and murmured word. "No, Alpha... I was in the wrong and you were justified in correcting me," they replied softly. Then, "If something has been bothering you, I or another can always devote time to listening. If I could serve as help to you, I would be grateful for the purpose," the blind Delta stated, sitting straighter. However, Pierce was moving on, sorting out her patrol before heading out of the camp.

Ylva tilted xir head, mind already conjuring up possible ideas for what the Alpha might have been about to say before dropping the subject. Symaro's inquiry interrupted their thoughts and the wolf turned their pale eyes in his general direction. "I'm fine, Symaro. You're idea for the night patrols was clever. I plan to accompany Tobias' patrol. Is Springroot all that is needed?" they asked.

Quickly, so that Tobias didn't leave without Ylva, the Delta responded, "I will accompany you, Tobias. I know the scents of the herbs we need to restock and the less experienced Deltas don't readily know what Springroot is."

Lycaonia

Lya laughed and pawed at the air when Hawke nuzzled her belly, playfully batting at his muzzle as she squealed. "Uncle Hawke, that tickles!" As he lifted his head, she rolled over onto her paws and pouted briefly. "Aw, I wanted to go on a patrol with you! Maybe this afternoon, Alpha Pierce or one of the Betas will send you out and let you take me with you!" she exclaimed hopefully, bouncing up and down again.

At Hawke's question of what she wanted to do, she reared back onto her hind legs and rested her front paws against his chest. "Maybe we can play a few games around the camp! What about that seeking game where each of us hide stuff and give clues to the other in the form of riddles?" she suggested, her wagging tail stilled as she thought on what to do.

Aye! I have everything else needed for the brew already stocked up in my private stash.

Squinting lightly, Symaro felt a chill run down his spine when he met the oracle's empty white eyes. If only there was some way to undo that damage... but there was no such herb or spell that even he knew of powerful enough to remove such a handicap, if it even was a handicap to the oracle any more. Still, such irregularities made him itch. Averting his attention to Tobias, Symaro watched quietly while his fellow beta asserted himself with the lower ranking wolves. He was about to object sending deltas into the fray just for the sakes of getting them some herbs. Deltas usually worked in packs of two, and used a passive, slow paced and stealthy approach to herb gathering. Anything else would endanger them, as most of them weren't capable fighters after all... Thankfully, Ylva offered to aid Tobias in their place instead, which seemed far more reasonable. The oracle was an enigma, and Symaro trusted they knew what they were doing.

Well then. I'd best get the the brew started. Best of luck to you all, and do try to stay safe. -he remarked with a smile, excused himself with a nod, and proceeded towards the den he shared with Tobias. His fellow beta thankfully wasn't messy, so sharing a sleeping quarters with him wasn't bothersome in the least. It was in fact a far cry better then doing so with the deltas, as some of them tended to be unprofessional and unhygienic. Shuddering at the thought of his previous denmates' bodily stinks, Symaro blocked the thoughts out by idly humming a tune.

Once back inside, he headed in towards his little corner where he kept the various assortments of herbs, berries, nuts, woven leaf bandages, tools made of bone and stone for various surgical purposes and wooden bowls of varying sizes. Still humming, he browsed through his inventory of strange medicinal items until he found what he needed exactly where he'd left it.

Three small bowls of crushed wispweed. Check! -he joyfully spoke to himself and deposited the small wooden bowls of crushed dry leaves on the nearby elevated flat stone surface. One extra large bowl. Nice and Hfvvfhrhhhrh! Check. -he struggled moving the largest wooden bowl he had to the stone platform next to him. It was quite difficult when one had only a pair of jaws to move things around with after all, especially considering the bowl was filled with water. Should probably find a better way to get these things... carving them takes forever. -he groaned, remembering how sore his nails and wrist where the spur on his left front paw was attached after all those nights of carving that stupid bowl were. He didn't even want to think about having to drag the stupid thing to the river and back, just to fill it up! But it was worth it!

Now then, let's see let's see, juniper b-no... jasmine, maybe? No. Halfinshe-no. -he pondered, eyes scanning his wide assortment of multi-colored medicinal plants. Maybe, greencap mushroom extract? That should work, but ofcourse, I'm all out of greencaps. -he grunted in discontent. Without greencaps, he wasn't ready to try anything. He'd have to get some, and fast. Good thing they aren't hard to find, at least. Getting up with a sigh, Symaro casually walked out of the den, leaving his bowls and powdered wispweed leaves on his workstation, ready for use later on. It was looking to be a sunny day outside, good for mushroom hunting in the outskirts of the forest. For a moment, he considered inviting one of the deltas, but quickly pushed the thought aside. They still didn't agree with his methods, so he usually felt in bad company around them.

Resuming to hum his tune, he casually trotted his way towards the edge of the woods, keeping as close to the hallowed camp as he could in the process, trying to ignore the nagging reminder at the back of his head, of just how lonely he felt sometimes.

Edited by Brotato

Verdant yawned rather loudly, and stretched. He slept really pleasantly last night, and was slightly disappointed upon waking up. Not that it bothered him very much. He looked down at the Hallowed camp. Everyone else was mostly out and about. Maybe he overslept. Or everyone else woke up early. Most likely the former. Verdant was known for sleeping late. The leaves covering his body curled up, revealing his mottled green and brown fur. Verdant leapt down from the tree branch he always slept on. The other wolves thought that it was strange he slept in a tree, but that was their opinion. Besides, he had a clear view of the camp, and if the Cursed attacked, he could pounce from the branch and gain the element off surprise. It didn't seem like Verdant was needed anywhere at the moment, so he decided to just help out the Deltas. Maybe Symaro needed herbs or something. Verdant was an expert on plants, so it wouldn't be hard.

Verdant found Symaro near the edge of the camp. He drifted over, and asked in his usual dreamy voice, "Is there anything you need help finding?"

((Dreamy? xd.png ))

Huh, what? -Symaro flinched, looked at Verdant and breathed a sigh of relief. It was just one of the gammas... Oh, yes, actually. Greencaps! Lots and lots, or just one very large one, but those don't come in till a few weeks from now. There is one nearby, I think. Maybe... The scent is very faint. -he rambled for a moment, before turning his attention back to the ground, sniffing for the sought-after mushroom. Uh, yes. No, I mean, I have it handled. It's okay, say... -he paused, and looked back at Verdant- I haven't seen you around much. Don't remember your name, but you are quite the peculiarity.

Circling around the gamma once, Symaro sniffed the air around Verdant a few times and arced an eyebrow.

Canis lupus gregoryi. Male. -he paused and took one more drawn out snuff- Entering early stages of pubertal development, I'm guessing, maybe a year, perhaps a bit more. Very curious, given your stature. No apparent signs of epidermal parasitic infections... Ah, anyway, greencaps, yes. -he diverted his attention back towards his search just as quickly as he'd strayed from it. That large greencap was around there somewhere, and Symaro was hot on it's trails.

"Hmm, greencaps. I'm not as good with fungi as I am with plants, but I assume they like dark spaces, like other mushrooms." Verdant put his nose to the ground and inhaled. He latched on to the peculiar scent of some fungus, and followed it for a few minutes. Eventually, he came back with three large green mushrooms wrapped in a vine extending from his right shoulder. "I wasn't sure if they were poisonous or not. I can carry them to your den, if you like. My name is Verdant, by the way."

Waking to the sounds of arguing outside, Detras let out a small groan as she rose. The air was still cold in the mornings and her muscles were having a hard time warming up, so she had to spend extra time stretching them before she was ready to report for her duties for the day.

After a moment preparing herself, she stepped outside her den, her tricoloured fur collecting tiny frost flakes as the cool mountain breeze washed over her. She wordlessly trotted in the direction the commotion was coming from - it looked as though Spitfire and Cobalt were caught up in a sibling rivalry - and she watched from a distance. She couldn't help but smirk, she loved it when wolves argued and fought, thought she was careful to try and hide it. Thankfully, Ulra was sorting them out, and Detras tried to make eye contact with her to find out what she wanted her to do today.

Edited by earwig

PIERCE

Low hanging branches whipped against her dark fur as she raced through the forest, her hunters staggered behind her. Pierce's eyes were bright and purple, as vivid as the lightning that danced across her pelt in flashes of dazzling color. Deep, rhythmic breaths pumped from her lungs and her paws touched the cool earth with as much sound as the wind that weaved through the trees beside them. The moment they had entered the forest, Pierce's exhaustion seemed to evaporate into the crisp morning air. The twitter of birds and squirrels, the hum of insects, and the sigh of the canopy over head were like a salve to the Alpha's tired body. She felt invigorated again, as if something had spread fire through her veins and filled her core with sunshine.

Adrenaline pushed her harder, and the group darted through the trees with the grace of a stag. She kept to the shadows, and veered away from the open spaces that dotted the terrain. There was scent of deer wafting in on the breeze, and she seized the scent eagerly, nose held high and nostrils flared. The high of the hunt buzzed in her blood, and she might have forgotten her packmates completely had she not been Alpha and in charge of leading the party. How easily it would be to let the electricity flow into her body and blaze a way into the forest. The deer wouldn't know what hit them.

Alas, Pierce remained at a steady pace, ears occasionally turning back toward her hunters to gauge their positions. She would never abandon her hunters, or anyone for that matter. Even if she was secretly incompetent, Pierce would rather die giving her entire self to her wolves than desert them or give up. Sometimes she wondered if that was her only quality as Alpha.

A large clearing ahead caught Pierce's attention and her eyes blazed brighter. Without a word, she suddenly steered away, only the soft grunt of her breath as a signal for her hunters. Gould and Vienna melted away to the right of the clearing, their tails disappearing into the shadows soundlessly. Pierce continued in the opposite direction parallel to the treeline that separated them from the open space. The figure of a stag, with a magnificent rank of antlers sprouting from his crown, stood grazing toward the west of the clearing. She watched it carefully. For now they were downwind until Gould and Vienna took their positions on the opposite banks, so there was little time to set up the trap.

Pierce gave a wave of her tail to Baron and Fenrir, and the dark brown wolf began to slow, huffing at the young hunter to follow suit. The Alpha disappeared toward the west side, leaving the two males to cover the southern treeline.

Just as Pierce settled herself on the west bank, the stag lifted his head abruptly, golden antlers cutting through the sunlight with grace. His muzzle turned, nosing the wind cautiously, and Pierce picked up on Gould's scent as it faintly trickled in on the breeze. The stag's tail flagged upward. With a snarl, Pierce burst from the shadows, lightning sparking violently from her fur. The stag, startled, floundered for a moment before leaping away and lunging for the northern bank. Pierce followed in close pursuit, white teeth snapping audibly at the deer's heels.

Gould appeared from the northern trees and the stag twisted toward the east, but as soon as they came within distance of the trees Vienna leapt from the brush and the stag made a desperate run for his last option; the south. Pierce lifted her muzzle and bellowed, "Baron! Fenrir! Watch for his antlers!"

--

COBALT

The white male gave his Alpha a lazy grin. "Sounds great, if you feel like eating lizards again," he chortled, though he rose to his feet at Ulra's demand. A brief wind combed through his coarse fur and he gave himself a small shake. "Sure, sure, another hunter. Gotcha. Which one of you sorry lot feels conscious enough to get some grub?" As Ulra left, Cobalt waded through the throng of wolves scattered in the snow. Occasionally a burst of wind would sweep the frost off a wolf's backside, jerking them out of sleep or sending them sprawled on their sides. More than once Cobalt received dirty glares and a slew of colorful words in response, but no one volunteered to follow after the lanky Gamma as he inquired for a hunter.

Finally, after questioning a good portion of wolves, Cobalt turned and frowned at them. "Well, none of you are particularly helpful. What's the point of keeping you around if you can't get off your sorry ass and kill a bird or two?"

"No one wants to hunt with you, Cobalt," came a low growl, but his blue-black eyes did not make out the individual who spoke.

He grinned. "Oh, I've been wounded. What, ya'll still sore about last moon?"

The Gamma received no response, and he shrugged. "Alright, whatever. More lizards for me." With a deep laugh, he trotted away, looking none too bothered by the lack of recruits that Ulra instructed him to find. It wasn't his fault if no one else wanted to help. They were the Alpha, unless they wanted him to knock more sense into the other Gammas.... or just knock them around in general. He could do that too.

His crooked grin still woven across his white muzzle, Cobalt bounced over to Ulra. "Doesn't seem like anyone else wants to play. Have you found anyone else?"

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Well, that was convenient. Those certainly were greencaps Verdant was carrying, though they did seem a bit dry. Nonetheless, they would be more then sufficient.

Certainly. You know where it is. Ah, do take care not to disturb the things I left out when you get back. -he nodded with a smile, when an idea crossed his mind. Before being appointed Beta, he often heard rumors and concerned whispering among the night watchwolves of Pierce's recurring insomnia and night terrors. While he had every intention to help her somehow, he felt uncomfortable as a mere delta to offer her anything the other deltas usually frowned upon. Now that some time had passed since attaining his new rank, he felt it was only right to try and help.

I'll just have a look around real quick and be right back to start the brew. Thank you for your help. Just, deposit those anywhere in the den. -he added, excused himself with a nod, and moved off towards the glade he'd been frequenting ever since getting into herbalism. It was a short trot through the densely packed trees, but eventually he reached a clearing, where the sun was free to hit the bare earth. There, lined up in neatly packed rows one after another, were a multitude of medicinal and recreational herbs that Symaro fancied, and was cultivating for later use. Many of them were still not ready for picking, but it was not them that he was after. Turning his attention to the trees surrounding the clearing, he examined them one by one, until he found what he was looking for. Woven into the cracks and valleys of the bark upon the largest of the trees was a creeping vine with a hard surface and brown coloration, that could easily have been mistaken for just part of the tree trunk's surface.

Not quite there yet, needs a bit more time, but there's plenty anyway. -he reasoned, and locked his canines around one of the protruding surfaces. With an audible crackle, the vine gave way and detached along it's length from the tree trunk, until it snapped at two points, leaving Symaro with just enough of the creeping vine between his jaws. The thick colorless sap was already dripping out of either side where the vine had broken, he dropped it and quickly bit down where the two ends met, saving the sap inside for later use. It's been a while since I've made tea with this, but it should be enough for two or so servings. I just hope I have enough water and embergrass to brew it properly. With that final thought, he casually made his way out of his peaceful little patch in the forest's outskirts, and made his way back towards his den, vine safely secured between his jaws.

Edited by Brotato

| NEW EVENT |

WHAT: A sudden, massive earthquake tears through Araelia.

WHEN: Effectively immediately. [current time: mid-morning]

WHERE: In Hallowed lands, the shockwave disrupts the otherwise peaceful terrain by rippling through the earth violently and toppling a few trees. Though the camp is the furthest from the epicenter, the Hallowed camp has a massive tree slam into the center of the campsite, damaging a few dens in the process. Thankfully, there are no deaths, and no one seems particularly injured.

Towards the center of Araelia, the land is scarred with deep gouges into the ground where the earth has split. A fissure has opened on the Southern side of the lake, which effectively creates a bigger portion of water on the Cursed side of the territory.

In Cursed lands, the intense shaking has sent a landslide down the rocky mountains. A wolf is buried in the process. A few of the dens are covered by the rubble, so some wolves will have to sleep out in the open for a while. Otherwise the terrain is relatively intact, and the Cursed may see some Hallowed prey fleeing into their lands out of fear.

WHO: Everyone, including loners.

Verdant began to bring the mushrooms back to Symaro's den, but stopped mid-step. He noticed a few pebbles tumbling around nearby. He started to think about why that would happen, but he saw a few more doing so on his opposite side. He looked a little closer, and saw that they were everywhere. A loud noise rang in the distance. It made Verdant want to lie down and cover his ears, if he weren't frozen in shock. It sounded like the earth was splitting apart. Verdant's eyes grew wide once he pieced it together. The ground was shaking. He bolted back to the Hallowed camp and howled, "EARTHQUAKE! Everybody take cover!"

Few things could prepare Symaro for the cataclysmic sundering of the surrounding terrain. It started out small, but gradually accelerated into an outright earthquake of unspeakable magnitude. The very soil beneath his paws began to gave way as the panic-stricken wolf was caught out in the open, struggling to stay on the surface and not get swallowed by the shifting surface. Thankfully, he was almost at the Hallowed camp by the time the worst of the catastrophe was upon them, and managed to find some solid ground. He could barely hear Verdant in the distance, yelling for everyone to take cover. With the dens threatening to cave in, he could only think of all the deltas and the injured they were treating. Unsteadily, he ran into the deltas' den and yelled at the top of his lungs for everyone to get out immediately, as cracks were already beginning to form at the surface of the ceiling. As the wolves evacuated, a loud shattering noise pierced the air, and chunks of the rocks that formed the deltas' den outer and inner shell came crashing down near the entrance where Symaro was standing. In all the chaos, the white-maned wolf couldn't react in time, and took two hits, one at the front right wrist, and one in the chest, cracking a rib, and fracturing his forelimb. At first, the pain didn't even register, but by the time he'd limped towards the open, away from the dens and away from any potential cave-ins, he was already mumbling a restorative charm to keep it at bay. The dens were unsafe, so he tried to wait it out in the open, hoping the rest who were out there hunting were alright. Once the quake was over, he was to immediately track them down and search for the injured.

Edited by Brotato

Skitt:

After waking from the voices of others outside, Skitt yawned and groaned as he trotted outside his den. His fur was shaggy, with mud and twigs still clinging to it, and crusty rheum filled the corners of his eyes. He slowly made his way to where the rest of the pack were, but instantly felt his stomach drop as he saw a snow-white wolf snake through the pack, calling out for hunters to join him. Instinctively, he drooped his head down low and stared at the ground, hoping Cobalt's eyes would simply wash over him and dismiss him as just another wolf, and that he wouldn't be so unlucky as to be called out to help. From his observations, Cobalt just seemed like a nightmare to deal with, and while he was certainly interested in the wolf's capabilities, he had tried to remain distanced from him, lest he suffer from one of his violent mood swings.

The dark wolf silently sighed in relief as he seemed to have successfully dodge him, and began to slink his way over to another wolf when he noticed something. He was either becoming dizzy, or the ground felt different...he stopped and stood still for a second, trying to feel the ground properly. It was vibrating a little...almost like...

Skitt's ears flicked as he heard a low rumble, and he let out a gasp as he turned to look up at where it was coming from.

"Run!" He yelped, turning to flee as an avalanche of stone and earth rumbled down the mountains, its low growl shaking him to his very core. He was lucky enough to have spotted it early and he quickly found a safe place - a small ledge to the side where he could only watch helplessly as the tidal wave of rocks crashed down on the gathering area.

Detras:

Eavesdropping and smirking at the "colourful" words being exchanged throughout the pack, Detras playfully bounced her way closer to the action, sliding between wolves and being sure to soak up every insult and quip, giggling to herself in the process. It was only when she heard a loud yelp that she looked behind her and saw a wave of stone and earth come rushing down the mountainside, looking to swallow anything caught in its path. Not even thinking, she channelled energy to the muscles in her legs and stormed away from the landslide as fast as she could. She didn't dare to look behind her as the sound grew louder and more violent, and she screamed as a rock the size of her head flew past her body. Smaller stones and pebbles peppered her legs and stung as they flew into her at high speeds. With the energy from the landslide dissipating, and the tumbling boulders slowly coming to a standstill, Detras finally let herself slow down and turn back around. She saw Skitt, the earth-attuned wolf, standing unharmed on a ledge and began to scream at him.

"Skitt!! What did you do!?"

"That wasn't me!!" He shouted in reply, his eyes wide and horrified, his breathing rapid. Detras clambered up the rubble - grunting as her legs were now fatigued and damaged - and stood next to the dirty wolf, staring him in the eyes.

((Typing Fenrir's post pre-earthquake))

Rays of light penetrated the forest canopy, their golden aura illuminating the darkened scenery before him and infinitily reflected through the dew drops that clung onto blades of grass beneath him. This was all too surreal for Fenrir, his inclusion into this particular hunting party instilling a sense of pride and honor in the young hunter; no doubt it was a make or break scenario for him; the chance to impress not only three of the packs most valued hunters, but the Alpha herself. Had Fenrir not felt the strain in his muscles and the cool grass beneath his paws, he may very well have thought this were a dream.

Raising his head to look skyward, the faint scent of deer permeated through the passing breeze; its welcoming scent bringing Fenrir back to reality. With adrenaline coursing through his veins, Fenrir surged on, now almost parallel to Baron who glanced over and gave a nod of approval. Ahead of the pair, the other wolves began to diverge into their own paths; clearly signalled by their leader to take up positions; the target was spotted and now the trap was being set. Had Fenrir been blessed with the ability to amplify sound, the whole forest would have been audience to the sound of his increased heartbeat as he grew ever more excited.

Coming to a halt beside Baron, the duo watched the scene before them unfold. A large stag, grazed in a clearing ahead of them, its muscular build giving off an aura of Nobility and regality; but alas those qualities would play little role in helping the stag avoid its fate.

"Tch" muttered Baron, causing Fenrir to glance his way. The cause however was soon apparent as the Stag raised its head, alerted by the presence of others, yet before it could react further, Pierce broke through into the opening and charged at the Stag, her figure shrouded by faint sparks that raged across her fur. Her introduction into the opening before them soon followed by the appearence of Gould and then Vienna causing the stag to change its course of escape towards the direction of where Fenrir and Baron were.

Fenrir froze in his spot; dozens of thoughts racing through his mind as to what the best course of action would be. He had played similar scenario's in his head many times before, each and every one of them ending in success; however those ofcourse were just the incandescent thoughts of a Juvenile; this was reality. Pierces warning snapped him back into reality; instincts taking over, Fenrir dug his claws into the patched earth beneath him and exhaled; the gusto in which he exhaled letting forth a thunderous howl. Baron; the one closest to Fenrir immediately knelt down, his paws over his ears to try and nullify the loud sound, faint whimperings unnoticed as he desperatly tried to cover his ears.

Birds of all kinds sprung forth from the tree's in all directions their frantic fluttering; a result of the confusion and fear that gripped them; Loud caws and frantic chirping now echoed through the forest. the sound echoing through the tree's for several seconds and then silence. Ahead in the opening, the Stag now slowly retreated backwards, his last hope of escape now guarded by an unseen beast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Aegis after earthquake)

The ground shook beneath, causing the sleeping Aegis to stir from his slumber. With half opened eyes he looked forward to the sight of several wolves frantically running about. It was seconds later that frantic shouts of 'Earthquake! Earthquake' fully registered with the slumbering Gamma.*Boom*, a rather large stalagtite that hung above snapped from its place racing towards the ground before shattering into dozens of tiny piece and illicitating a small chorus of whimpers from the back of the den. Looking behind, Aegis noted two juveniles pups, barely a year old curled up against one another in fear. Apparently having run into this den to seek shelter from the monstrous force that shook the ground beneath them.

Knowing full well that a den built into the side of a mountain was no place to be during an earthquake, Aegis rose to his feet; hurredly rushing over to the two pups. "Quickly!, to your feet young ones!" he urged, nuzzling them and trying to get them to rise, "This is no place to be during an earthquake!" his voice ever more frantic as the sound of snapping wood began to rind through the camp. Glancing backwards, Aegis saw fragments of the large tree's trunk begin to break off.

"Boys! I promise you won't get hurt! But you've got to get up now!" he roared. The two pups raised their head's looking up at the larger Aegis, the pair of them requiring a few seconds to build up the courage to stand. "That's it!, Good!" praised Aegis, doing his best to try and build their confidence. "Stick to my side!, I promise, everything will be all right" he reassured them, before leading them to the dens opening.

*Snap*, the large tree fell, its long outstretched branches that each held countless numbers of leaves began to descend, its bulky and outstretched frame casting Aegis and the two pups in an unforgivable and menacing shadow. The two pups cowered once again, this time trying to bury themselves under Aegis, who stood firm as he stared down his newest foe. Through one opened eye, the smallest of the two pups looked upwards, his vision filled by a golden light that soon proved too overpowering for him, causing him to shut his eye again.

Beneath the branches of the fallen tree, a soft yellow light could faintly be seen emanating from under the leaves, the source of this a large dome like sphere that covered one of the dens entrances, upon closer inspection one could see several figures inside; that of Aegis whose breathing was labored and that of two pups, both of which stood before Aegis, nuzzling the underside of his face in affection.

"Are you both alright?" came the labored voice of Aegis, who glanced at the two pups before him; both of which gave a very quick nod. "Good.." he smiled.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Having just finished bathing, Torque shook the water off of himself and breathed a sigh of relief. With what little he picked up from the Hallowed washed off, he was once again free to pose as whatever he so pleased. His objectives though remained the same. He had a mission. Nay, a purpose! Likely as the only one willing to operate in such a way, he felt it necessary to get underway, and headed towards the outskirts of Cursed territory. Before he could so much as take a dozen steps, however, something caught his attention. A low rumble filled the air as the ground beneath him started to shake with a gradually increasing intensity. A mere few moments later, the earthquake was at its worst, and Torque found himself trapped between a rock and a hard place when the ground started to crack around him. With the daylight's rays burning away at his powers, his only option was to wait it out, hoping the very ground beneath his paws wouldn't give out. Thankfully, the riverbank proved to be a secure enough place, with few trees around to topple over, and relatively stable malleable terrain that made for a frightening, but otherwise secure stay during the earthquake's worst.

Once things had quieted down, Torque was still very much at a complete loss for words. No doubt such an even had left both camps in ruin, and he counted himself fortunate that it hadn't happened the night before, while he'd been sneaking around the Hallowed dens under the cover of darkness. Part of him wanted to return and check up on his former brethren, and the other pulled him towards the Cursed camp, for this unfortunate event may have opened a window for him to sneak in and perhaps offer his aid in exchange for enough of their trust.

In the end, reason prevailed. He had a mission, and the Hallowed made it perfectly clear that they were un-willing to leave Torque's transgressions in the past, where they belonged. They would be fine with or without his assistance. With the last of the tremors fading, Torque quickly resumed his trek towards Cursed territory, hoping for the best.

Edited by Brotato

Ylva

Tobias didn’t answer Ylva. At least, he didn’t have the proper opportunity to do so.

The ground began to rumble and the blind Delta froze, a wave of panic descending upon them. With large ears erect, the Delta’s panic shattered at the sounds of shouting and the chilling splintering of wood. The unmistakable sound of a tree crashing into the ground filled the air. Xe was moving before then, hearing Symaro’s voice as he evacuated fellow members of the pack out of the Deltas’ den. Stumbling only a few times, Ylva nudged some of the fleeing wolves onward. ”Symaro!” Ylva called, listening as the stones that made up the den began to crumble.

Xe felt him move past and turned to follow, picking up the faint coppery scent of blood. ”You’re injured,” xe stated flatly as Symaro murmured his charm. Wolves were shaken all throughout the camp, shouts and confused cries breaking the ensuing silence the quake left behind. Their ears swiveled this way and that, picking up as many individual sounds as possible. ”Symaro, let the other Deltas and myself see to everyone. You’ll need to be seen to as well. I can tend to you unless you desire someone else,” they offered, a command in their tone that befitted a Delta.

Opening his mouth to speak, Symaro abruptly let out a hacking cough, painfully reminding him of the rib he'd fractured. His charm was keeping the pain at bay, but the healing process could take a while, even for injuries as mild as his. After the coughing had stopped, he paused, inhaled deeply to let the now completely severed in two rib come apart, and then exhaled very slowly, allowing the two broken ends to meet together like two puzzle pieces snapping to make a whole.

T'íz but a scratch. -he spoke softly, trying not to inhale too quickly and cause further self-harm. Taking in a slightly deeper breath, he spoke normally, though carefully. Yes, do oversee the deltas as they tend to the wounded, I'll be okay. The paw is just a scrape. Taking a moment to look around, he breathed a delicate sigh of relief when most everyone of the Hallowed had seemingly gotten out of the sudden catastrophe relatively unharmed. The most badly injured would likely need some time to recover, but thankfully no one's life seemed to be in any immediate danger.

Have the deltas do a role call, check that everyone made it out alright and see to those who need it most first. The den I share with my fellow Beta should still be safe to enter. It's not cavernous and has a thick outer wall... or I hope so, that's where I keep my stash of medicinal herbs. Tell the deltas they can use whatever they so please from my stash, and please, Ylva, don't let them go back in the deltas' den. Part of it's already caved in, and the rest might soon follow. -he paused after feeling his words put a strain on his slowly mending rib- I don't want that to happen while anyone's in there.

Even after looking around most every Hallowed pack member he could think of, he still felt that familear lump in his throat, as if something was still terribly wrong... and then it hit him.

PIERCE! Gaaahhrgh...- he exclaimed loudly and wheezed, immediately regretting his outburst as his rib dislodged itself into two pieces and snapped back together, shooting pain through his chest. Mfh... Pierce and her hunting party, they're still out there. They're probably in the bloody forest, who knows how they fared. I'm no geologist, but I can't imagine they had a leisurely hunt with a quake like this. -he blurted out, overcome with worry. The mere thought of having the hunting party return with news of a casualty sickened him, as he knew it would be very hard for him to live down an otherwise preventable death.

I have to go, Ylva I need to go, and I mean right now, one of them could be at death's door, I need to be there to stop that! -he blurted out, got up and immediately headed off in the direction where he'd seen Pierce and her party of hunters depart. They hadn't left long ago, so hopefully they wouldn't be far.

PIERCE

The stag was running hard for the trees, his gait frantic in his desperation to escape the three wolves hot on his hooves. Pierce was close behind him, but just far enough that when the two males waiting at the southern bank made themselves known, the stag wouldn't flail and catch her with the twelve spines mounted dangerously on his skull. They were getting close; faintly in the shroud of darkness, Pierce could see the outline of young Fenrir. She had faith in him, as she did all of her wolves, and in her mind she recited words of encouragement that were once given to her at his age.

Suddenly, a burst of sound rocketed through the air. Pierce stumbled, gasping, as the sound penetrated her head and rang with intensity in her ears. Gould and Vienna nearly dropped to the ground, stunned by the noise, their whimpers unheard as the sound echoed through the forest. Pierce's head swam and she realized after a few seconds that it had momentarily deafened her; there was a dull ache in her ears, and the world was oddly quiet, as though a thick blanket of fog had smothered the entire land. The stag was equally affected by it-- he looked dazed, probably just as deafened as the black wolf behind him, but to Pierce's amazement he began to slowly move backwards, as if the sound was compelling him to retreat. She had noticed the explosion of birds that took to the air and in her deafened state, wondered if those back at camp had heard it.

Slowly, the ringing in her ears returned, and the haze in her head began to disappear. Pierce shook her head and grunted. She realized that must have been Fenrir; although that had a desired effect on the stag-- who was still moving back, despite the wolves he was practically beside at this point-- she would most definitely have to speak to the young hunter about proper usage of abilities. Harming pack mates was not the sort of strategy she supported.

The stag was starting to overcome the affects of the piercing howl, and Pierce crouched low, preparing to leap for the deer's glossy neck. That, however, was interrupted by a sudden and ferocious shaking of the earth. Pierce was pitched forward as the ground heaved beneath her, the thunderous bellow of the ground drowning out the remains of Fenrir's howl. The stag squealed as his legs buckled beneath him; in his panic, he flung his head around, and the spines of his antlers cut dangerously close to Vienna's lithe figure as she was thrown onto her side. Pierce snarled and staggered to her feet. Although typically nimble, the massive quake made it nearly impossible for the black wolf to jump to her fallen hunter. She scrambled for Vienna, and managed to grab the silver wolf by the scruff and drag her a few feet before the stag's antlers lanced across Pierce's left hind leg. A pained whine escaped her throat just as a violent spark of lightning flashed out from her fur and scorched the ground that continued to quiver beneath her paws. She immediately let go of Vienna and twisted around to snap her teeth onto the muzzle of the thrashing deer; blood spurted into her mouth and she was tossed onto her side as the ground gave a final, powerful ripple, splitting into a few open trenches around the hunting party. Pierce heard Gould cry out as the earth opened beneath him, and she instinctively turned toward him, seeking out his graying-gold fur among the freshly churned terra. Seconds later, something sliced across Pierce's face; the flesh between her eyes ripped open, sending a gush of her own blood down her muzzle. Startled by the pain, Pierce let out a howl and a shockwave of purple light expended from her body, catching both the stag and Vienna who lay nearby.

Moments later the ground grew still. Deep beneath the dirt, Pierce could still feel tremors faintly tremble, but the worst of the quake had already passed. She lay tangled with the stag, panting, blinking through the blood that coated her face. Vienna was motionless a few feet away; Gould was nowhere to be seen. A low whine rose from her throat as she lifted her head. "Vienna? Gould?" she called, her voice hoarse and shaken. Something moved and a harsh bark signaled that Gould was alright-- Pierce let a small breath of relief escape her. Straining with effort, the Alpha extracted herself from the body of the deer, who had ultimately broken his neck when a tree had fallen onto his head, thankfully missing Pierce by a mere margin. She crawled towards Vienna and reminded herself not to touch the limp hunter, lest she deliver the poor wolf another shock. "Vienna? Can you hear me?"

The silence that followed chilled Pierce's blood. Then, a moment later, she realized the silver wolf was still breathing. Faintly, but still breathing. Pierce looked up and around, searching for the other two. "Baron? Fenrir? Are you alright? We need Deltas immediately. If you can walk, get back to camp as quick as you can. Vienna needs help, and I am uncertain if Gould can move."

---

COBALT

He had been gazing lazily about the other wolves, crooked teeth bared in an eerie grin that those who happened to cross glances with him. However, when the first tremor started, Cobalt's familiar smile vanished into a thoughtful frown. His dark blue eyes had just swept over to Skitt when the roar of the quake finally struck; growling, he jumped to his feet, the wind that rushed around him aiding in keeping him from stumbling. A few stones dislodged from the side of the mountain, but a sharp burst of wind knocked them away before the rocks could shower either him or the Alpha standing nearby.

Suddenly, the white wolf gave a howl of excitement. "It's about time we had some fun!" he crowed, grinning up at the landslide that began to slough off the top of the mountain. He dodged a few larger stones that exploded onto the ground next to him like little dirt-grenades. "Aw, come on now! Don't be shy!" With a huge bellow, the rockslide tumbled down the slope to where Cobalt danced at the bottom.

Just as the earth was about to consume him, a howl of wind possessed the white warrior and he dashed away with impressive speed and grace, laughing all the while. "Come on, Ulra! Live a little! Who knows, someone else might not!"

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Ylva

A growl rushed out of Ylva's throat as they lunged forward, skidding to a halt and cutting off Symaro's attempted path. "You will do no! Such! Thing!" they barked, a firm tone to their voice. "I may be blind, but I am not deaf! I hear your labored breathing, that broken rib. You would be a fool to leave the camp without being seen to; Beta or not! Alpha Pierce will not have a suicidal companion to worry about!" Ylva remarked, hackles raised and fur bristling to double their size.

"I will oversee the Deltas but I will not allow you to take off! You may be a Beta, but I am a Delta and it is my duty to see after every wolf who has been injured, sickly, nursing, and elderly." With a grunt, xe didn't move their blind eyes off of Symaro as they flicked their tail to call for another wolf.

One of the younger Deltas hurried over and sat back on their haunches. "Gather the other Deltas. Have them convene here with myself and Symaro. Once done, have everyone sound off their names. I will give further instructions once that's done." A dismissive nod and the young wolf scampered away, calling out various names.

Ylva... Alpha Pierce could be bleeding to death as we sit here to argue over this nonsense. I think she'd forgive me for this given the circumstances. Symaro sighed deeply and shook his head in dismay. I didn't get to be beta by making rash decisions and taking mis-calculated risks... It as only then that he realised how difficult it was for one to sound firm while trying not to breathe too deeply. I've dealt with injuries far more significant then this on the go, and I understand quite well the risks of leaving these wounds untreated. Feeling himself picking up pace and raising his voice, Symaro paused briefly to calm down a bit. But... even the worst of consequences are nothing when it comes to losing one of the lives of those of us still out there. Your concern for me is duly noted, oracle. I will requisition the aid of one of the deltas if that makes you feel any better. You there. -he waved over one of the deltas standing nearby, a female about three years of age named Solla, whom Symaro had worked with before. Having overheard everything, she quickly nodded and agreed to follow. Turning his attention back to the oracle, Symaro scowled lightly. That is my final decision.

Brushing past Ylva, he focused intently on his breathing to keep himself from setting back the healing of his injury any further. If I can't appeal to your trust, then I must assert my authority by rank over you. First and foremost, you are to assist those who need you here, then bring a few deltas with yourself to come and assist me with Pierce and her team. I hope you won't make this any more difficult then it already is. Let's go, Solla.

And with that, they went on their way, moving at a light trot so as not to get winded and aggravate Symaro's condition. Driven by sympathy and blinded with concern, the white beta simply couldn't help it. Hoping for dear life that whatever injuries the hunters had sustained were superficial, he kept his nose in the air and sniffed lightly for the telltale scent of blood, hoping that it would never reach him. Images of his fallen comrades flashed before his eyes as he envisioned their twisted bodies mangled and maimed by the potential destruction the shattered earth could have wrought upon their fragile forms, and it hurt... It hurt even thinking about it, so the white beta quickened his pace, his assistant following closely. Though his nose was not trained to recognise a wolf's scent, but rather to pick out the smells of different sorts of flora, Symaro still had something solid to go on. Those were his pack-mates after all, and he could recognise their scents just as easily as he would recognise those of the flora he used every ingle day.

Not long after, his worst fears came to pass as the distinct smell of blood pierced his nostrils like a red hot blade. They were close, and someone was bleeding among them. Were he healthy, Symaro would have howled to alert them to his presence, but he kept his breathing as steady as possible and simply moved in to investigate. Past this tree, around that bush, through this cluster and there they were. Unsure of what to process first, Symaro glanced between the bloody wound on his alpha's face and the unconscious Vienna. He had no clue where Gould was, nor did he recall the entirety of Pierce's group.

Already somewhat winded, the two approached and Symaro tried to speak as loudly as he could.

Pierce, let me. I called some more deltas before leaving, they should be here soon to help once the chaos back at camp has settled. Good grief, your wound looks terrible. Solla, please, we need to disinfect it and stop the bleeding. I think I saw a pyreberry bush from whence we came, bring me three of those. Do be careful, you know how they taste... Excusing herself quietly with a nod, Solla departed to retrieve the requested items.

Hovering one paw over the unconscious Vienna, Symaro tried to sense her vitals, but the moment he approached her coat, a spark arced and zapped him with an audible crackle, eliciting a gasp and causing him to flinch. What happened to her? -he asked quietly, hovering his paw once more, this time from a slightly greater distance. To his great relief, Vienna seemed very much alive, but was unconscious nonetheless.

Edited by Brotato

Corax

Corax enjoyed the feeling of the soft, damp grass beneath her paws as she strolled through the meadow on the northern side of the boundary between Hallowed and Cursed territory. Technically speaking, she was trespassing right now, but growing up in the Cursed pack had not given her cause to have much respect for territorial boundaries, and the warm sun shining down on this part of the valley was just too much for Corax to resist, allowing her to build up a much more substantial heat reserve than she would have somewhere else this time of year. She wasn't too worried about being caught - the Hallowed pack rarely came down this far south this early in the morning, and even if they did, being able to see their body heat from a distance meant that Corax was usually able to stay well out of their way. Even right now, the female wolf could sense the body heat of numerous small animals moving around in the grass, although she made no move to grab any - maybe on the way back she'd grab a hare or something for herself, but right now Corax was more intent on enjoying her morning stroll than eating.

Then, without any warning, the ground began to shake violently beneath her, and a loud rumbling sound filled the air. Corax felt more than saw the ground split open around her as cool air took the place of warm earth in the wide trenches that opened up. Painfully aware that the ground beneath her was now treacherous but not knowing what was and what wasn't safe to stand on, Corax took several short, somewhat panicked steps backward until the ground once again grew still only a short time later, leaving the female wolf mercifully unharmed. As she waited for the rush of panic-induced adrenaline to leave her body, Corax examined her surroundings as closely as she could, trying to get a handle on what had just happened and what had changed. The meadow that she was currently in seemed largely unchanged, save for the fact that large rifts had opened up in the ground here and there and the wildlife that had been present only a short while earlier seemed to have all fled elsewhere - but what about elsewhere?

Corax then became aware that something was moving in the forest to the north, a grayish figure emerging from the treeline. Corax cursed mentally - the outline was clearly that of another wolf; the violent shaking of the ground had left her too shaken up to pay close attention to her surroundings. If this wolf was of the Hallowed, she was likely in trouble, since she was trespassing. But she'd almost certainly been noticed now, so it would be foolish to just run, or so Corax thought. This strange wolf had likely felt the earth shake as well, though, and probably wasn't really thinking clearly either - perhaps Corax could take advantage of that, and use an offer of assistance to make the other wolf grateful enough to her to let her have safe passage out of Hallowed territory. And it wasn't like she minded helping out, if the other wolf really was injured. Just because she usually didn't care for the company of other wolves didn't mean that she was willing to just leave one to die.

Her body language wary but not fearful, neck stretched out in front of her, Corax slowly approached the other wolf, careful not to get too close before she knew for sure her presence was welcome. She couldn't sense any other wolves in the vicinity; that was good. At least she knew that this one was on his own. "Hey, so . . . something like that doesn't happen that often. You're not hurt, are you?" Corax forced herself to keep a casual tone; there was no advantage in letting the other wolf see how nervous she really was.

What a peculiar thing to ask, though the stranger Torque had approached did indeed have a point.

Hello. I'm quite alright. And no, it really doesn't happen too often. -he nodded and dipped his head in greeting.

Long way from either camp, aren't we? I didn't think I'd see anything but scouts or savages out there, but you don't bare the scents of either the Cursed, or Hallowed. -he remarked, eyebrow arced. Quietly making his way in front of Corax, Torque sat down and examined her briefly. She seemed slightly unkempt, though nowhere near as much as the feral beasts roaming the wilds, looking for something to sink their teeth into, and indeed bared no scents of either camp, much like Torque himself. Her stature was quite the peculiarity as well. Though she didn't tower over Torque, Corax was definitely taller, had longer and somewhat slender legs, and a tail that only matched up to the rest.

Appearance aside, Torque was slightly relieved to meet someone else who wasn't huddled up safely in either camp.

My name is Torque, if you'd care to know. I'm, well, between camps right now. My relationship with the Hallowed is complicated, but I won't bore you with the details. Much less his plans to infiltrate the Cursed...

Looks like you fared quite well in that earthquake too, glad to see that. May I know your name?

((Apologies for the short post, I'm a wee bit tired. ))

Ulra

There are many things that Ulra mentally prepares for at the start of each day. Irritating behavior of fellow pack members? Something they were generally prepared for but would rather not have to tolerate or deal with. An earthquake...?

As the Alpha surveyed Cobalt's path and "attempts" at finding another wolf for hunting, their eyes fell upon Detras who was already watching them expectantly. They began walking towards the Delta but Cobalt chose that moment to state that no one else wanted to join up in Ulra's patrol. A frown flickered across their muzzle and, as they parted their lips to speak, they paused.

The Alpha's frown deepened and their eyes narrowed as they felt the faint tremors beneath their paws. Soon, though, that trembling grew until the earthquake woke with a roar, casing their head to lift up quickly and ears perking. Stones and dirt above the dens began to fall loose, Cobalt's voice rising with his excitement as the event unfolded, coaxing it before he told them to "live a little."

Gasping as a shadow fell over their body, dark tendrils congealed over the markings on Ulra's coat, shooting upward and morphing to deflect the stone that tumbled towards them. With a snarl, they rushed towards the dens, weaving between falling rocks and dirt, shouting for any occupants to evacuate immediately. "Get a move on! Everyone stay together and away from the dens!"

Skitt and Detras were clear of the threat as were several others. One wolf bumped into Ulra's shoulder in their panic and the Alpha stumbled only briefly. They caught a glimpse of another wolf as it was swallowed up by dirt and stone. Quickly turning to move away from the landslide, Ulra skidded to a halt in front of their pack, glancing back to watch the destruction come to an end.

A sigh escaped their rubbery lips, head lowering and shoulders slumping faintly in relief. Damage was done but, it could have been much worse. For that, Ulra was grateful. "I need two wolves, preferably a Delta and a Gamma, to head out and follow Spitfire's patrol; make sure none of them are harmed and bring them back immediately. The rest of the pack will aid in clearing away the debris. The Deltas will primarily focus on aiding anyone who is injured." Their voice was level but firm, command in their stance and tone.

For a moment, there seemed to be no movement beyond Ulra's first few steps. Then, wolves began to follow their orders, Gammas rushing towards the ruin while some Deltas moved through the pack and seeking out injuries. By the sounds of it, no one was seriously wounded.

The Alpha's paws carried them to where they'd seen the one wolf get buried, claws digging away at the dirt and stones.