The Cataclysm

Sleep Patterns

Well, since school got out, I usually go to sleep aroung 3 or 4 sometimes 5 a.m. and wake up at 12 or 1 p.m.

I guess I have the typical "teenager" sleeping pattern.

*Breaths sigh of relief* Thank goodness I'm not the only one xd.png

Usually I go to bed around 11 and wake up at 6:30-7. Pretty normal, I guess xd.png. Sometimes I'll allow myself a little extra sleep on the days where I don't have class until the afternoon, but most of the time I'm up by 7. I also can't sleep in. Ever. 8 AM is the latest I'll ever wake up. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed. I was always jealous of my classmates in high school because they could spend their weekends sleeping until 1 PM, which is something I just can't do. I'm a very light sleeper, to boot.

I also don't nap. The only time I'll nap is when I'm sick, which happens maybe once a year, at most.

Usually, from 11(.30pm-ish) to 5.30 - 6.00am in the morning, if I'm sleeping properly.

When I'm studying, though, its entirely different matter. blink.gif I do something I call a 'nap and rally' in my head - get up at normal time, go to work, come home, have a 40 - 120 minute nap around 7-8pm. Get back up and study until I literally cannot focus any more, and then sleep from 3.30 - 4am to 7am. Rinse, repeat. Not sustainable long term ( dry.gif ), but works if I need it to.

I wake up on weekdays at 5:30 in the morning for school. I stay up until 10:00 - 11:00, but when I go to bed my insomnia decides to kick in, and I don't fall asleep for another hour, another two hours, it depends. So I'm only getting a few hours of sleep a night. But on weekends I sleep until any time from 10:00 in the morning to noon. I could sleep longer if my parents didn't insist on waking me up. Of course, I do often stay up until nearly 1:00 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

On weekdays I go to bed from 11:00 pm to 1:00am, and I get up for school around 6:15. On weekends, I just go to bed when I feel like it, and wake up whenever. xd.png

With my alarm set, I'll wake up at 7 am.

Without my alarm set I'll wake up at 9 am (Uh-oh!! School started!!)

I'll go to sleep anytime after 11 pm.

Most nights I have insomnia.

Also what sucks is that I cannot sleep in on weekends. I have to wake up at 6 am on Saturdays (violin lessons), then on Sundays I have 8:30 am mass.

-.-

During the Summer I have this bad habit of staying up very late. I go to sleep at 3am and wake at at 12 and sometimes 1pm. Now that I'm back in school I go to bed at 10- 11pm and wake up at 5:30am.

I wake up on weekdays at 5:30 in the morning for school. I stay up until 10:00 - 11:00, but when I go to bed my insomnia decides to kick in, and I don't fall asleep for another hour, another two hours, it depends. So I'm only getting a few hours of sleep a night. But on weekends I sleep until any time from 10:00 in the morning to noon. I could sleep longer if my parents didn't insist on waking me up. Of course, I do often stay up until nearly 1:00 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.

Sadly, this. Except I wake up at 6:30 AM for school. tongue.gif

I can never fall asleep. I can be tired all day, but once I try to sleep, I'm wide awake dry.gif

normally i prefer to be nocturnal (waking up in the afternoon and being awake until the early hours of the morning) but college and diurnal demands of society have ruined that at the moment so im back to falling asleep when i can and then taking naps out of utter exhaustion

though when im done ill probably go back to my usual hours again

I usually go to bed between 10:00 and 10:30pm. I wake up around 6:00. I tend to sleep fairly lightly, with new noises being able to wake me up fairly easily. I also prefer near total darkness, as well as a pile of blankets. I'm serious, I think I have near ten, though some of them are technically throws. I like the weight, and I hate anything that feels like a draft.

I usually sleep very early,at 9:00pm,but usually when it's 1:00am I'm awake.The doctor has diagnosed me with insomnia and I have already given medication,but I have been taking them for 6 months and I don't see any changes.My sleep patterns are pretty weird,I sleep from 9-12pm,I'm awake at 1am,I sleep again from 2-4am and stay awake until 6:00,which is the time when I wake up.This hasn't provoked me any problems on school,so I just deal with it.I kind of actually like it,because I have enough time to think about useless things,like the immortality of crabs.Don't ask.

My sleep patterns have been messed up for a long time, unfortunately. I took care of my mom, who had Alzheimer's, for 13 years. She passed away in Dec of last year. The last 2-3 years were brutal. Alz patients get to a point where they almost become super human and do not sleep and if my mom was up, I was up. It would be midnight or later, sometimes 2 a.m, before she'd settle and sleep. At 5 a.m she'd be up, which meant I'd have to get up. I knew there would be a mess to clean up so I couldn't just ignore her and leave her in it, helpless. If I got maybe 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep in a 24 hour period those years, without having to get up in the meantime at least once, I felt I'd won the lottery. I was so far beyond exhausted I was on autopilot most of the time, doing things like cleaning the kitchen, seeing that it was clean sometime later and having absolutely no memory whatsoever of doing it. I'd drag myself up to the grocery store and realize I didn't remember the drive at all. It's like I drove asleep and woke up when I got there. It was the hardest, weirdest time of my life. My mom has been gone for almost a year and I still only sleep in spurts. Any noise, any thump and I find myself leaping out of bed, half way to the bedroom door before I realize that I don't have to do that anymore. I literally can't remember the last time I slept for more than 3-4 hours straight without waking up. The difference now is that I can get some sleep in the afternoons, whereas I couldn't before. I get enough sleep, but it's broken sleep so I feel tired anyway. Sleeping for 8 hours solid seems almost impossible for me to comprehend.

If people want to know what it's like to be on some really trippin' powerful drugs you don't have to go out and get them, just stay awake for about a week. You'll see and hear all kinds of things that aren't there. lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

Unless I'm dead tired or am not feeling well I'll usually go to bed anywhere between 11:30-12:30 at night and usually wake up anywhere between 5-9 am. My new medication makes it hard to fall back asleep if I wake up in the middle of the night.

Unless I'm too hot or cold I usually sleep pretty good. I fall asleep on my side and wake up on my back. If it's cold I'll wake up curled up in a ball and if it's hot I'll either wake up from tossing and turning or all of my blankets will be thrown off.

I also have to have a pillow or something in my arms or the circulation in my arms will be cut off. Found that out one night when I woke up and I couldn't feel my arm. I picked it up and couldn't even feel it hit the bed. It was freaky to say the least. blink.gif

Edited by Syiren

I am a night owl.

I've noticed this since I started school and had to wake up at those ungodly early hours of the morning.

Luckily, university is slightly more forgiving, letting me sleep in 2 out of the 5 weekdays.

but let me tell you, every time I have to get up at 6, I advise everyone to stay FAR FAR FAR away from me, as I am so cranky that I am likely to verbally or physically assault you even for looking at me funny.

By contrast, I can, or rather have to stay up till at least 2AM to get even remotely sleepy. It's okay though, since I tend to do most of my studies during the night, when there are less things to distract me.

I usually sleep between midnight~1 a.m. Waking time depends on time table(6 a.m~10 a.m).

Hard to fell asleep, but when I fell asleep, also hard to wake up;;

By choice, I usually go to bed around 2am pretty regularly and wake up at 6am, or 6:30am. If I don't feel well or I know i have something big going on the next day, I go to bed around midnight and wake up an hour and a half before my earliest commitment so I can get ready. That usually ends up being between 6am to 8am for me getting up.

I'll occasionally sleep in on purpose, usually going to bed once again at 2am and then waking up at 10am if I feel like it.

I sleep soundly, though I have this thing where I can sense if anything walks into the room that I'm in I'm instantly awake, even if I may seem like I'm sleeping. If I know who it is then i don't move and go right back to sleep unless they need me, but if I'm unsure of who it is, then I'm definitely awake.

As far as preferences go, I generally feel most awake between the hours of 8pm and 6am and have been known to pull 3day straight all nighters for the laughs of it.

I'm used to getting little sleep and never have trouble waking up. If you tell me the time you need me up before I go to bed, I'll wake up at that time without an alarm clock. Usually I only use an alarm clock if it's been a night where I definitely don't feel well. If then, it's only used as a backup and I often wake up 5minutes beforehand and turn it off, only to wake up at the time it was going to go off anyways.

My sleep schedule is so backwards. I usually don't go to sleep until around 6-7am and don't wake up until 2-3pm. Then I only get about 1-2 hours of daylight when I'm up, and even then it'll be very cloudy out because that's the nature of where I live. I guess it doesn't really bother me all that much because I've gotten so used to it. It does get pretty difficult to manage doctor's appointments, though.

I sleep pretty poorly.

I'm always tired in the mornings but wide awake at nights.

I usually only go to sleep if I'm bored.

If something could hold my interest, I'd be up all night.

But stuff rarely does.

I've had nocturia for the past 8 years ('tis part of my TM), in which I can wake up anywhere between 2 and 5 times a night depending on how much fluid I drank during the day. Occasionally I'll get insomnia and stay awake until it is super late. It was pretty bad a few weeks ago, I'd go to sleep at sunrise because of circling thoughts. However I've been managing getting to sleep between 10pm and 12am and wake up by 9am lately which is a significant improvement. Cutting out caffeinated/soft drinks helped me there, but doesn't help the nocturia.

In short: My sleeping pattern is all over the place.

I personally love to stay up late at night. Unfortunately, I have a job (I'm a teacher.) where I have to be up early. I get up at 6:45 in the mornings, and while I try to be asleep by 11:30PM, it almost never happens. During the summer and longer breaks during the year, I get back into a more nocturnal rhythm, staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning and sleeping in until 11 or noon.

My usual sleeping pattern on schooldays are 12AM~1AM to 6AM, during weekends I sleep at the same time but wake up at around 8AM~9AM. Sometimes when I have continuous nightmares I don't sleep at all.

I go to bed around 1 AM (sometimes later if it's during the school year, especially if I've got some programming assignments) and wake up about 9-ish.  I sometimes take naps, more this past year than ever before.

And my sleeping habits have gotten worse since I posted this. 2-3 am bedtime, getting up around 7:45 to make it to work before 8:30. Weekends usually tend to be 3-4 am bedtime with sleeping in till 12-1 pm. Overall, not healthy and I'm trying to break that habit.

It's 2:30 now, I should get to bed....

Edited by Dawnwing

I sleep a little better these days thanks to the punishingly-long shifts nurses do. But I will still tend to wake up every few hours.