The Cataclysm

Sleep Patterns

Currently...4:02 am where I am so that says a lot

My problem is that I have a very active mind

most people settle down when it starts to get late.

not me. I am always thinking. Always thinking. Always thinking. Its like when you have a song stuck in your head and that's all you think about for a while. That's me but its not a song, its thinking about the future or the past or my hobbies or my friends or my job or what I had for lunch or what I read on the Internet hours before or the vastness of the universe or my insignificance in the interworkings of American society.... its always something like that. Every hour of every day since I learned to form coherent thoughts.

I only sleep when my body gives out from exhaustion...reguardless of how early I have to get up in the morning.

I have the same problem as you, and I have way too many things in my life to think about right now. I think people with higher IQs just constantly need to think, even if they know they should be going to sleep.

So maybe cutting down on the caffeine would be helpfull for some of you too.

Probably the last time I had caffeine (although I love tea) was a week or two ago when I had coffee for breakfast. I don't think that's contributing, but I wish that's all it was...

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

Mines all over the place usually, but recently I've gotten in a good habit of going to sleep around 11PM-midnight then waking up at 9-10:30AM smile.gif

Well, another sleepless night for me. Its 8:23 AM where I am and *now* I'm tired. I definitely must have DSPS (see previous page for explanation).

When I need to get up early for work, I go to sleep at 11:30 PM and wake up at 5:50 AM. When I don't need to get up, I go to sleep at around 12 AM and wake around 12 PM.

Mine lately is like 2:25 AM til around 11ish my time. Though last night I did go to bed around 9ish, but then kept waking up during the night, and ended up being fully awake at 8:30.

I go to sleep at 6 AM and wake up at 8 AM. I only need 2 hours of sleep for some reason.

I normally sleep on my side and go to bed around 11 lol. I wake up at about 6:30 due to school and I'm generally a light sleeper.

Well, let's see.

I sleep at around 11 PM - 2 AM because I read before I sleep for like 2 hours or so.

Then, I roll onto my side and sleep.

After, I usually wake up in the middle of the night and roll onto my other side.

I then get up, yawn, stretch, and dread the day ahead.

Lately, I've become somewhat of an insomniac. It takes me forever to get to sleep, and when I finally do, I end up sleeping hard and missing half of the next day. Sometimes, I can't sleep because of thoughts that keep intruding in my head. Certain people, mishaps from the previous day, life, etc. are just a few of the things that contribute to those 'thoughts'. Other times, its because of random things such as my brother/mom snoring from another room, strange noises, or even because of desire for something to entertain me (ex: food or computer). Recently, some of my insomnia has been caused by medicine that has codeine in it. It used to make me very sleepy, but now it reverses, and keeps me wide awake, much to the aching of my head. I've been having to take Benadryll to counteract that along with other things.

I usually stay up till 10:30pm and sleep till 8:00am. Sometimes though I stay up till like 1-3am! xd.png. I usually sleep on my side because I'm used to cuddling before bed with my ex. Yeah, I did sleep on my back and I still do on rare occasions, but I'm used to my other sleeping at my left. It's hard to sleep sometimes when nobody is at your side when you sleep when it became an every night thing. :[

Edited by renton

If I'm busy the next day, I go to bed at 10 or 11 and wake up at 6 or 7

If not, then I got to bed at 12 or 1 and wake up at exactly 9:38.

Never knew why exactly 9:38, but it just is and always was.

I sleep 11:00 P.M.-9:00 A.M. most of the time, however if I'm doing something very fun I'll stay up longer. If there is nothing to do I'll go rest in my bed and sleep, too.

I go to bed anywhere after 1 am and usually wake up around 8 or 9 depending on the days schedule

I've never had any problem sleeping. I can sleep almost anywhere at almost anytime. Most of the time, I go to bed around 10:00 pm, and wake up at 6 or 7:00 am.

I'm at work early, so I usually go to bed early. I'm a light sleeper and lately a cardinal has been chirping outside my window at 4:30am and waking me up. The only time I nap is if I'm trying to sleep off a migraine.

I sleep from 11:00 pm to 4:30 am, then take one or two 30-60 minute naps during the day.

I can't sleep well at night. It seems I'm best at sleeping when there's light, but I can't leave my lights on at night. I sleep much better during the afternoon, but I'm usually too busy to sleep then. The motion of cars often makes me drowsy.

It always takes me a while to get to sleep, but I don't wake up easily from outside sensation, yet I sometimes jerk awake on my own for no reason.

My sleep schedule goes back and forward.

Right now I'm on the schedule I'm supposed to be on, but most of the time, I act like I live on the other side of the world. ^^;

Once I'm fully asleep, I sleep pretty deeply. If I'm not fully asleep, then I'm pretty easy to wake up. xd.png

I tend to go to bed at around ten but sometimes don't actually fall asleep until twelve, through reading or daydreaming or whatnot. I wake up at about eight but get up at about 9-10 for breakfast, and occupy myself through reading, ipod, daydreaming, etc. I am pretty much capable of spending an entire day, sans meals, in bed, but I can't actually fall asleep after getting up.

This is, of course, my current summer sleep schedule, but I fared okay getting up early for a camp I went to, so I'll probably not have huge trouble adjusting for school.

since its summer, and i have little to do in the morning, i usually go to bed at 11, fall asleep sometime past midnight, and et up around 10-11 am.

Well, since school got out, I usually go to sleep aroung 3 or 4 sometimes 5 a.m. and wake up at 12 or 1 p.m.

I guess I have the typical "teenager" sleeping pattern.

Though when school starts I'll be in bed by 12 and get up at 7 a.m..

I usually have trouble falling asleep at night (I think it's because my hearing is 'good' to the point I hate it at times), but by midnight or 1 AM I'm "dead meat".

It doesn't take long for me for fall asleep, but I sleep very lightly at first (a tv can wake me up 3 rooms away!) Then I toss and turn a lot and eventually go into deep sleep, and don't wake up until 9 (unless I fell asleep early). I'm impossible to wake up at that point xd.png

I also practically never dream, so I often wake up with a feeling line no time's passed, though the joints beg to differ, lol.

I don't sleep a lot. Lots of days are all-nighters with russian black coffee. Other days are down at 3-4 AM and up at 8-9 AM. I just have trouble sleeping, and I nearly never dream. I just fall asleep, wake up, resume business. ._.

I usually sleep around 10-11 on school nights, wake up at 7. Unless there's sectionals. Then I try to sleep at 10 and wake up at 6.

On weekends, I sleep whenever I feel like it ;P

...this pattern will most likely change once I hit high school ._.

So, last week, (it was holidays) I would go to bed at 8-10. Then I would play on my nintendo till about 11:45. It would then take me a while to get to sleep, probably at about 12:15 to 12:40, then I would wake up at 8, then I'd play on my nintendo till mum tells me to get out of bed.

But now I got school. So, I would go to bed and play on nintendo ect, but I am not able to have my nintendo on school nights, so I go to bed at 8:30 - 9:30 and go to sleep, then I'd wake up at about 7:20.