Kadexus

Do any of you do this?

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you people in the community have spreadsheets to actively monitor your dragon breeding, eggs hatching, hatchlings growing, etc. I certainly do, and here are some pictures. I started this yesterday (June 13th, 2012) because I wanted to be more organized.

http://i46.tinypic.com/kdv51d.png

^ This is the inventory screen. It lists my current hatchies/eggs and their status and code.

http://i47.tinypic.com/34fcrys.png

^ This is the updates screen. It lists events that occur in the dragons life like egg hatching, egg becoming S3, hatchie maturing to S2, etc.

I am curious to see all of your spreadsheets!

~Linked for page stretching~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I am planning to make a sheet to keep track of my dragon's lineages (the nice ones, at any rate xd.png) but no, I don't keep track of individual events like hatching time/breeding time and such.

I have a huge stack of papers that I use to keep track of my various breeding projects.

I have a spreadsheet that lists every single one of my dragons, just in case of a Datamonster attack again, and i have a spreadsheet that keeps track of when my Metallics are ready to breed again, plus a spreadsheet for my BSA dragons.

Me, keep track? Nevah unsure.giflaugh.gif

*-* I'm very proud of my spreadsheet. Though I don't keep track of events like that. o-o

I have every dragon listed, name/code/gender/lineage/ mate name if applicable... or how to build the mate it will eventually have.

And then under the individual breed sections I have the requirements for each breed. How many CBs & PBs & frozens I still need to grab to consider that breed "finished". As well as male::female ratio.

It feels more complicated than that, but that's all there is I guess.

I couldn't play this game without a spreadsheet. @_@ Mates would never get finished and I would never be able to remember just how many CBs I have of each breed.

I have a spreadsheet in which I keep track of birth/hatch/grow up time, mate of dragon, lineage of dragon, family name of dragon, and which lineage I am or am not working on with said dragon. I also keep track overall of its children and descendents as well as when it is time to breed. it I keep track of the children to see how popular that pairing is.

I have an Access database. Compressed it takes up about 2MB, lol.

Yeah, I should probably seek help.

I use spreadsheets to keep track of various stuff. Lineage projects, the holly contest project (I have almost 300 bbw's now, lol), iou/trade/want dates (so I can be sure I did something or need to do something, lol)...

I'm pondering making more spreadsheets, but... with over 1200 dragons... not gonna happen.

Although, I will make one more - dragons that have descriptions - as I have a goal to have ALL dragons described by the end of 2012. biggrin.gif Should help me keep track of who I still need to describe, etc. biggrin.gif I also like to interweave descriptions within specific lineages or breeds. By interweaving - here's a pair that shows this: Cinta 'I and Zinta 'I. Of course, you'll have to go to their view pages to see the descriptions.

Hope I've inspired some ideas. smile.gif

I have one spreadsheet for IOUs, and one for breeding partners.

I tried once to keep track on every egg I bred, but I was too lazy to finish it xd.png

Instead I have one with every CB breeding pair.

Linked for size

I tried to keep a spreadsheet and it didn't work out. xd.png. I just breed whatever, sometimes have totally set mates, and other times not. I just find it a hassle to look through almost 400 dragons and pick mates. I'll try and pick a mate based on lineage, but iunno.

I use excel spreadsheets for my going-on lineages, to plan who will be the mate of whom and what I need to build fureture generations.

...I'm guilty of taking the nerd approach to this.

I keep track of everything I breed. Initially, I did it to compile a bunch of statistics that I've since gotten bored of, but I still continue in case my interest is rekindled. There's also a page with all my lovelies on it - a doubeclick on a name gives me its code, and the colour purple means 'caveborn' or 'second generation' for breeds not available as caveborn (e.g. blunas or ultraviolets).

Edit: I should probably add that there's so much data on the main page by now that I was forced to add a filter. That's what the second navigation bar is about. The filter sticks around on the following pages (so the stats you see on the 'to compile a bunch of statistics' link are from the last 100 breedings).

Edit II: Oh, yes! And: The whole thing is ugly because I'm the only person using it. ^_~

Edited by pinkgothic

...I'm guilty of taking the nerd approach to this.

I keep track of everything I breed. Initially, I did it to compile a bunch of statistics that I've since gotten bored of, but I still continue in case my interest is rekindled. There's also a page with all my lovelies on it - a doubeclick on a name gives me its code, and the colour purple means 'caveborn' or 'second generation' for breeds not available as caveborn (e.g. blunas or ultraviolets).

Edit: I should probably add that there's so much data on the main page by now that I was forced to add a filter. That's what the second navigation bar is about. The filter sticks around on the following pages (so the stats you see on the 'to compile a bunch of statistics' link are from the last 100 breedings).

Edit II: Oh, yes! And: The whole thing is ugly because I'm the only person using it. ^_~

This is AWESOME. Did you do this in PHP? If so, was it hard? Maybe you could teach me how to configure something like this.

I have a simple chart of my lifemates, so I know when I last bred them. I also keep a chart of my refusals. I was doing vamps as well, but since I only bite inbred commons of my own doing, I don't do that anymore.

But I need to get more organized about breeding. I'm involved in more lineages now, and I have so many dragons I can't even remember what breed most of them are when I find them on my list.

I keep track of each breeding/biting/summoning I try and have a separate list for proven pairs and refusals. I also keep track of my breeding projects, of course, and the other projects I'm in (dragons for Cave Plumbers etc.).

Nothing too complicated, just to give me an overview. I haven't been tracking BSA's so far, but might start doing this, too.

This is AWESOME. Did you do this in PHP? If so, was it hard? Maybe you could teach me how to configure something like this.

I could send you my scripts, really, but they're not the most user or change friendly. laugh.gif I just hacked something together in the most lazy sort of way. I run the whole thing on a local xampp.

(I'd say it wasn't hard, but I do webdevelopment professionally, so I'm not the best to judge.)

I could send you my scripts, really, but they're not the most user or change friendly. laugh.gif I just hacked something together in the most lazy sort of way. I run the whole thing on a local xampp.

(I'd say it wasn't hard, but I do webdevelopment professionally, so I'm not the best to judge.)

Yes, please do send me the scripts. I don't really know how I would go about setting them up though. Do I need an actual web server running on localhost? I can probably use IIS for it then, correct?

For the most part, I don't keep track. I don't have spreadsheets or use googledocs, but I do have three pages reserved on my googlesite...

1. Simple and colorful, I have one page that lists all the dragons in the cave and whether or not I have completed my first, main, and primary scroll goal for them: Collecting a breeding pair of each, when breeding is possible, or one of each gender of each when breeding is not possible. This list also tracks which scroll-goal-filling dragons have descriptions and links to copies of those descriptions.

2. Long and boring, I have one page that lists the order of each and every scroll-goal-filling dragon, my chickens, and certain uniquely storied bred dragons in the order in which they were collected. This list is based off of my much older system of using index cards, formed when the cards became numerous and unwieldy. There is also a column tracking the names of all of my present chickens and the chickens to come-- the order of collection determines also the order of the chickens' names, so having them on the same page is very handy.

3. Medium-length and extremely convoluted, I have the page I use most often... the lists of IOUs (to me, by me, and tentative), the lists of who I'd like to help with gifts and projects, my goals for the year, my plans for upcoming holidays, records of vampire bites and ND experiments and completed projects, and a fat section noting my progress on each current project, along with a system of highlighting and bolding and italicizing and fading of words that probably makes sense only to me.

I think all you guys with spreadsheets are nuts. xd.png There's too much too keep track of! If I kept a spreadsheet for everything I did, I would get lost in the minutiae. I let more information go than I keep track of-- if it's not on my spreadsheet, that's what scroll organization is for, plus links... and if I can't find it by going to my own scroll, I cannot imagine it's that important!

I wish I could muster a spreadsheet, all I have is to click any random male or female to see all the dragons who can be bred right now.

Aside from past successful children and memory I usually lost track after the third gen

i use stickynotes (so convenient for me) for name ideas, which sunsong is the next in line for my lineage. all sorts of things. such a useful little program

I have 1 for all my dragons (apart from eggs and non frozen hatchies), 1 for my zombie project, 1 for neglected experiments, 1 for my complete scroll goal.

I'm planning on making a BSA and a Breeding one over the summer, but I'm currently working on the 'New Releases' one. smile.gif

Summary Spreadsheet: http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o537/T...gonCaveNerd.png

Computer doesn't want any more uploaded, so I shall respect his wishes :L

I have a spreadsheet for all of my dragons, but nothing about breeding. I hardly ever breed my dragons, so no need. wink.gif

<3 spred sheets.

i have my fair share, but i need to re-organize them. i have 1 master doc which has my scroll statistics, and how many of each CB i have (this is the one i need ot re-organize)

then i hvae a seperate doc for each of my breeding projects (oh about 11 so far) and the one linked in my siggie for the dragons i breed to trade (holiday, metals and metallics)

I don't have anything for keeping track of my dragons, but I do have a list of dragons I need to breed for projects and stuff in the control panel notepad. That's organized enough for me. ^^

Basically, I have my scroll organized to keep track of my breeding, but I keep a spreadsheet for projects that involve lots of dragons from other people so that I don't get any inbreeding.