Walker

Die Anew OoC

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry6198432

The main thread is there. Check there for plot, rules, etc.

This is our OoC thread for any discussion we have to do regarding the plot and absences and the like.

News:

We finally started! Wooooo~ Still taking applications!

Edited by Walker

Went ahead and swapped it out, thanks for pointing that out!

Also, no problem. I'm not planning on closing applications anytime soon, so it's not an issue. Let me know if you have any questions~

We really need more people, there is four of us, seems we may not be able to get too out there with just that. But I think the plot is really good, I just hate waiting for people to reply :/

I'm sure we'll get more with time. Oddly enough, I'm actually inclined to smaller RPs because you have to wait on less people to reply, but everyone has their own style.

I'll get to you once FlowerOwl replies Shur'turgal.

Early warning before the RP gets too deep in though, this is a rather steady pace for me, since I have things I need to keep an eye on and take care of. I can only go so fast so anyone who enjoys a faster-paced RP may want to pair up with someone other than me when we get more people. I won't be offended at all, but a few posts a day is what I can manage.

That's okay, and this is my first role play ever :s , so a slow pace is good for me. I jut feel like I am reading a book, and I just want to know what happens next!

And thank you that would be beneficial

Oh Primus, that explains a lot. No worries! I remember how excited I got my first RP too. I'm glad you're enjoying it though!

Also, welcome to Xarria who just got a character accepted. She did make an Underworld monster though, so if anyone else is willing to make one to give her someone to interact with, that'd be great.

Also, a random idea, but do you guys think I should edit the plot a little so that the boundaries between the waking world and underworld are already breaking a little so that at times creatures can briefly travel between the worlds? That'd offer a little more ease of interaction for everyone smile.gif

Thanks!! Also, I think that'd be a fun idea, that way i can interact with Nightwalkers during the night and also, hehe, get the news people a story. It would also give the story a bit of a climax, too.

Edited by Xarria

yes! I think a plot edit would be awesome especially one like that. Because right now there isn't really many people to interact with other than the people you are right by, for example you (walker) and me. But yes I think that would be a good edit so there could be more character interaction. Also I am up to making an underworld monster to interact with Xarria, but what..

hmm...I'm a hellhound so you could be one, too, or there are many other things you could be... like a banshee, a demon, an ordinary spirit, etc. ... there are MANY. Every religion has different ones... kinda tough to pick though xd.png

I purposefully left the form monsters take open. Use your imagination and make whatever you want. Variety is fun.

Also, I went ahead and added portals between the worlds in. For now, there's no real hint of Gregant, but I'll begin to introduce the evil when our first morning dawns and the dragons and Nightwalkers return to the Underworld.

Early note, I do encourage you to use the portals, but don't abuse them either. They're still an uncommon event so if I see 15 conveniently placed portals popping up in a day, we've got issues. For now I'll just trust everyone to not overuse them though~ X3

Edited by Walker

I've got an idea, both originating from eragon xd.png. I was either going to do, an elf that went too far in singing itself into an animal form, and was banished then died. Or a sort of werecat, ehhh but I don't know

ooo the werecat sounds cool, but are you gonna be a kid-sized one like in the book, or the size of a man?? (like, yur human form)

I have no complaints about either. I'm a huge Eragon fan, read each book at least four times expect the newest one. I'd be slightly cautious on the elf one though, since they don't exist in this world, unless they started out as an underworld creature (Which I have no issue with; I don't think that every single underworld born creature needs to be "evil" since it's more like a limbo than a hell). The Underworld creatures is your guys' chance to introduce your own species and mix things up.

AlsoLifaenisareferencetooneofEragon'selfguidesthat led himthroughDuWeldenvarden.

orealy? I had forgotten that elf's name xd.png And I'm reading the last book, is goood. Not gonna spoil it for ya, though.

Just for fun and also to have a slightly evil character i'd like to add this one to the RP, a cross between a banshee and a seer - slightly altered from the Celtic myth she comes from (was a Formorian, the Celts equivalent to the Greek Titans). Her power, of course, has faded as has the belief in the old faiths.

Cethlenn, an old forgotten spirit that wanders the Underworld. Her appearance is wraith-like, with long snow-white hair, a grey tattered gown. Her fingers end with claw-like nails. Most of the time, her insanity caused by the wilderness provokes her to attack without cause. If, however, her true name is used (ironically its her name, which she has forgotten over time, as have most mortals) - her sanity can return - for only a short time, long enough for running away.

Being such an ancient spirit, Cethlenn has accumulated a lot of knowledge of the Underworld and will, if sane, answer no more than 3 questions that she is asked. Her answers, however, may not always make sense to the questioner at the time of being given.

Edited by Takhesis

Oooooh, nice and creepy, but cool, Takhesis! I like yer idea! She sounds cool!

The underworld is your guys' playground. It's chaotic, constantly shifting. There's always new species being born there and going extinct, along with a seemingly constantly shifting landscape. You guys have a lot of freedom there. It's kind of like Wonderland from Alice in Wonderland, so let yourselves be creative. You're welcome to make the banshee seer cross and anything in between.

Edited by Walker

I knew I recognized that name from somewhere !!! It was killling me. I finished reading the books not too long ago and cried for days. Actually I started this account because of the books xd.png. Yea, for the elven one it would have been an elf species that died a long time ago but they were one of the lst to die and didn't know about their species extinction til' late. And for the werecat I think I would be about a kid size but have a voice that is like an adults (kind of like Elva) and I would vary the cat a bit so I am bigger. Also I would be a weird colour as a result of my transformation into this "demon".

Takhesis I also like your idea! It reminds me of the mist-mothers in skyrim, lol.

Do I have to submit an application for the new character or no?

I'd prefer it, yes, just so new players can see your character details when they join.

Oh and, my name on here is a reference to eragon ~ Shur'turgal means dragon rider in the ancient language ! Also my account username is too, islanzadi!

Okay should I just post it here or PM you ?

Edited by Shur'turgal

PM please, as mentioned in the rules. I prefer not to have to reject people publically so it's easier that way smile.gif

EDIT: Not saying I WILL reject you, just saying in case that issue pops up~

Edited by Walker

I thought it was Shur'tugal (no r in 'tugal') and i thought it meant silver hand...but ANYWAYS I named a character in WoW Islanzandi, after her, but i now see i made a spelling mistake... i wish i found the name when i skimmed through for the spelling xd.png