Sinister-by-Nature

Disabilities?

I have a slight color blindness, I can still figure out what is red and what's green, but I sometimes have trouble with the shades. EX: teal and light blue or dark blue and dark purple.

Does this actually count as a disability? If so, then I guess I have one.

While I don't have any disabilities that effect my everyday life I do have a couple of things:

-A Heart Murmur.

-Polycystic Ovaries.

i've been diagnosed with aspergers but they said i'm high functioning uwu;

Edited by Switch

I have Scoliosis, a mild case of social anxiety, high myopia (means my dioptres are higher than -6D and I can only see something clearly if it's right in front of my face) and last year I was dignosed with chronic allergic rhinitis which forces me to take allergy medication everyday.

I have Scoliosis, a mild case of social anxiety, high myopia (means my dioptres are higher than -6D and I can only see something clearly if it's right in front of my face) and last year I was dignosed with chronic allergic rhinitis which forces me to take allergy medication everyday.

What's scoliosis?

It means that my spine is curved side to side, in an "S" shape (Wikipedia page here).

What does it do?

((Wikipedia doesn't work for me))

Edited by KoalaNoob

i've been diagnosed with aspergers but they said i'm high functioning uwu;

Asperger's is high functioning autism. I'm an aspie as well

Is anyone else here actually on disability?

Edited by Cecona

Not currently, although it's a possibility. I can work with the Aspergers, but current medical issues.... if it does turn out to be MS then it's a case of 'just a matter of time'. I pretty much have to face up to the idea that there will come a time in my life when I'm no longer physically capable of working.

It means that my spine is curved side to side, in an "S" shape (Wikipedia page here).

I have a "slight curvature of the spine" or something like that. Nothing serious right now, but my doctor wants to watch it and make sure it doesn't get worse. right now all it does is make me slouch a bit (Which I always assumed was just a bad habit, but apparently not)

I'm also a bit wonky mentally, never been diagnosed with anything. And I probably won't be anytime soon. Hopefully nothing debilitating (But I sorta doubt it sad.gif )

I have a "slight curvature of the spine" or something like that. Nothing serious right now, but my doctor wants to watch it and make sure it doesn't get worse. right now all it does is make me slouch a bit (Which I always assumed was just a bad habit, but apparently not)

I hope yours doesn't get worse. If you can swim, and if you have access to a public swimming pool, ask your doctor if it's okay for you to swim 2 or 3 times a week. That was the first thing the doctors prescribed me and it helped a lot wink.gif

But my case isn't the worst either. I was diagnosed with it at the age of 9, and from ages 11 to 14 I had to wear a Boston brace (this ugly thing here) to correct my curvature. That, along with swimming helped a lot. My spine still makes a curve, and I still have back pain but it could have been worse if it went untreated.

I haven't been swimming in a while, I had been going twice a week in the summer. But then it started getting cold. I should see if I can get my parents to take me. (I love water)

I am very hopeful it doesn't get worse, I've heard, luckily not experienced wink.gif, that it's not fun.

And thanks for the well wishes smile.gif

Oh right. ono;; they specifically said "high functioning aspergers" so it made it sound like it was its own thing

it was pretty recent so im still learning stuff about it unu;

Edited by Switch

High Functioning Asperger's? That's something I haven't heard before. Is there a different between people with Asperger's, and people with High Functioning Asperger's? I'll need to look it up.

High Functioning Asperger's? That's something I haven't heard before. Is there a different between people with Asperger's, and people with High Functioning Asperger's? I'll need to look it up.

aaah i don't really know? D': like i said it was pretty recent and im still learning about it and i dont even really know if it's a separate thing or if there are differences or what??

i feel like i should know all this stuff ugh

I think it'll be the spectrum concept - there are poeple that are somewhat worse affected than others, although it all comes under the same heading. What they're probably saying is that, yes, you're diagnoseable, but possibly only just.

I am. It's my sole source of income. And the Disability pays my son to take care of me.

im half deaf. i am profoundly deaf in my right ear. now, it may seem un inhibiting at first, but there is something important to modern life i cannot do. i cannot triangulate the source of a sound. also, no soround sound for me. and that creak of wood i just heard, cant tell if it came from upstairs where a burglar is braking in or right be hind me where a murderer is about to murder me.

i also was diagnosed with ADD but i stopped taking pills last year and it seams my brain has been able to fix it self. well, i still do have a hard time concentrating, but its not as bad as it use to be.

oh ya, and the worst part. im an auditory learner

Edited by na82008

I have a few...

I am using a walker due to surgery I had..

I have had 3 surgeries on my head..

2 surgeries on my neck (front and back)

1 surgery on my back to scrape out calcification growths...

Share your story if you like...

I have acute complete idiopathic Transverse Myelitis. Acute meaning onset was rather quick (about two days for me), complete meaning my entire spinal cord, not just one section became inflamed and idiopathic meaning the docs never found a cause. I was diagnosed a month before my 14th birthday and have been dealing with the fallout ever since. I'm a whole lot better than what I was the months following my diagnosis (both physically and emotionally), but not 100% to what I was prior to getting the illness.

What type of walker do you use Deborah? I used a "gutter arm" rollator for a few weeks and hated every minute of it, but it was worlds better than the wheelchairs I used (first was a heavy spinal chair, second a normal one). Also hated the crutches that followed the rollator, those were annoying to walk with. I guess I can't really complain, since some people who get TM never walk again. :x

I have Cerebral Palsy (specifically the spastic form, on my right side), though very mild (just finished vet school, so it hasn't really affected my life that much). Tbh I've never considered myself to have a disability, even though technically that's what it is.

But I don't tend to tell people until I've known them a while unless I absolutely need to (like the vet council or my boss)

I have acute complete idiopathic Transverse Myelitis. Acute meaning onset was rather quick (about two days for me), complete meaning my entire spinal cord, not just one section became inflamed and idiopathic meaning the docs never found a cause. I was diagnosed a month before my 14th birthday and have been dealing with the fallout ever since. I'm a whole lot better than what I was the months following my diagnosis (both physically and emotionally), but not 100% to what I was prior to getting the illness.

What type of walker do you use Deborah? I used a "gutter arm" rollator for a few weeks and hated every minute of it, but it was worlds better than the wheelchairs I used (first was a heavy spinal chair, second a normal one). Also hated the crutches that followed the rollator, those were annoying to walk with. I guess I can't really complain, since some people who get TM never walk again. :x

I'm not sure what type it is... It was given to me after my uncle's dad passed