CatCreature

Lumina Breeding Speculation

Hmm... perhaps it's just not visible at S1 hatchling?

Has anyone S2 hatchlings?

I do. They are on the very last page.

I can think of a justification. The goo or oil from the parent could get on the egg. Then, the goo would get on the hatchie, who would remove its scales. Because it was so young, the scales would be unable to grow back.

that would be one hell to code ....

But that only would happen if the mother was a turpentine, and the egg was lumina

So there was speculation that the offspring of LuminaxTurpentine might be tan if the offspring was lumina.. It doesn't appear so. Although I was egglocked, when I bred them and lost the egg, it appears to have hatched as a normal lumina.. http://dragcave.net/lineage/h79pe

It'd be pretty awesome if Lumina+Turpentine Lumina hatchlings remained tan-coloured, and didn't lose the tan colouration. The tan Lumina's are SO pretty, it's a shame they only last for 24 hours. :c

Hmm... perhaps it's just not visible at S1 hatchling?

Has anyone S2 hatchlings?

My Lumina hatchis (with Lumina x Turpentine parents) are at S2 and they look totally normal. So no tan hatchlings for us.

Well, alt babies could work with Lumina mothers if the growing back of its scales caused a deficiency in the developing egg and so it never developed the ability to form it's own scales.  *is totally straw grasping*  XD

I was just thinking about lumina mothers pulling the scales off their precious babies if they were "contaminated" by goo (y'know, since the baby is related to her and therefore kinda represents her) so I don't think I'm doing much better than you. XD

So there was speculation that the offspring of LuminaxTurpentine might be tan if the offspring was lumina.. It doesn't appear so. Although I was egglocked, when I bred them and lost the egg, it appears to have hatched as a normal lumina.. http://dragcave.net/lineage/h79pe

We all have S2 2nd gen hatchies.....there is still a last little hope that the hatchies will be taned (at least at adult) and stay like that

If not...hm.....:-(

My Lumina hatchis (with Lumina x Turpentine parents) are at S2 and they look totally normal. So no tan hatchlings for us.

Mine are normal too sad.gif That's a shame.

Haha, I could have never imagined our little talk about naked Luminas would actually happen XD

This is awesome, thank you Corteo and TJ!

Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last.

So if a Lumina is bred with multiple times or tanned, if you will, does the original non-tanned sprite change into a more attractive one permanently?

eg. A Lumina can breed once a week...breed one with a Turpentine every week for lets say: 5 weeks. This means it has grown back scales 5 times. Is it now more permanently beautiful?

Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last.

So if a Lumina is bred with multiple times or tanned, if you will, does the original non-tanned sprite change into a more attractive one permanently?

eg. A Lumina can breed once a week...breed one with a Turpentine every week for lets say: 5 weeks. This means it has grown back scales 5 times. Is it now more permanently beautiful?

I think that we're going to have to leave it up to our imagination, just like the color changing Sunsongs, the fading Shadow Walkers, and the Nebulas, where each dragon is unique.

I just caught a lumina egg off the AP, and the adult is a tanned

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7EUjm

And if you look back on the lineage of another I found, it shows another tanned lumina adult:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oLNAX

Oh, TJ finally got that part working. Very glad.

It lasts for 24hrs, after being bred to a Turpentine or Water Horse, as the Luminas don't like the goo/oil on their scales, so they shed them for 24 hrs and grow back new ones back to normal. How clever! Too funny. tongue.gif

How come my CB one changed?

They change for 24 hours (regardless of their lineage) if you breed them with Turpentines, waterhorse and now albino (tried this out and it changed them). smile.gif I wonder if there are any others that change it.

Edited by StormWizard212

I think that we're going to have to leave it up to our imagination, just like the color changing Sunsongs, the fading Shadow Walkers, and the Nebulas, where each dragon is unique.

Eh? The Sunsongs change colour?

So, I wonder, if lumina turned from the excretion on water horse when breeding, why don't they turn from breeding with albino? Quoted from the description, "Instead, to help protect their bodies from the sun, they are coated in an oily secretion that blocks the sun’s harmful rays." Similar idea to water horses, no?

Albino Dragons also set this event off now:

user posted image