CatCreature

Lumina Breeding Speculation

Mine just reverted back to the normal colour. I'm guessing it only lasts for 24 hours or so.

I just found about this just now and tried to breed 2 of my luminas to a turp and the two turned! smile.gif

And I was just trying something and tried to breed the Lumina to a waterhorse. They gave an egg and the Lumina tanned too. I wonder what other pairing will make the Lumina tan....

Edited by amamiya_ritsukabi29

Mine just reverted back to the normal colour. I'm guessing it only lasts for 24 hours or so.

Awww, that really sucks. I was hoping for it too be permanent, or to last a bit bit longer then that...

*sigh*

Yeap, the scales *grew back* I think. tongue.gif

But, is it more beautiful than before? @@

laugh.gif

And I was just trying something and tried to breed the Lumina to a waterhorse. They gave an egg and the Lumina tanned too. I wonder what other pairing will make the Lumina tan....

I tried Marrow x Lumina, but I guess Black Marrows aren't icky enough to encourage them to 'tan' =P So just Waterhorse and Turpentine so far it seems...

Jupp my Luminas also changed back to their old look. Thanks Corteo, TJ (and the users who gave them the inspration for this feature) for adding this funny trait.

Has anyone tried to breed a Lumina to a Magma? I would love to know if the Luminas react to their extrem heat.

Edited by Nyastara

I tried Marrow x Lumina, but I guess Black Marrows aren't icky enough to encourage them to 'tan' =P So just Waterhorse and Turpentine so far it seems...

I'm trying some other pairs right now xd.png

I tried Lumina x Coastal Waverunners/Albino/Ember. The Lumina didn't change.

I think the Lumina tanned when I breed it to the waterhorse because of (I read the waterhorse description):

"...when on land their skin secretes a gelatinous goo to retain moisture."

@Nyastara, I would like to try that but I'm out of Magma >_<

Edited by amamiya_ritsukabi29

Jupp my Luminas also changed back to their old look. Thanks Corteo, TJ (and the users who gave them the inspration for this feature) for adding this funny trait.

Has anyone tried to breed a Lumina to a Magma? I would love to know if the Luminas react to their extrem heat.

Tried Hellfire and Magma : Nope, no changes.

Hmm, the Waterhorse x Lumina tanning is strange since dolphinsong said this:

Waterhorses won't do anything as the goo they are covered with isn't harmful like that of the terpentines are. Terpentine is similier to acid after all.

I guess the Luminas disagree with her and think Waterhorse goo is disgusting too.

Well the Luminas don't react to the acid in the Turp oil, they just shed because they find it digusting and detracting from their beauty. smile.gif

Hmm, the Waterhorse x Lumina tanning is strange since dolphinsong said this:

I guess the Luminas disagree with her and think Waterhorse goo is disgusting too.

I think that TJ has just started with coding to which mate the Luminas will react with their "nekkid time" (I think they once have met with Dumbledore from the Potter Puppet Pals xd.png -

)

this is extremely interesting, but I hope it stays on longer than that.

Yeap, the scales *grew back* I think. tongue.gif

But, is it more beautiful than before? @@

laugh.gif

Sorry to report that I see no change in the sprite after they went back to the original state tongue.gif

Anyone know if they ever change back?? I clicked a picture somewhere, of the tan one, its lineage showed white, and when i clicked it to view it showed white. Then on another I viewed, the lineage of an egg, the mother was tan (egg normal), and tan when I viewed it... So they change back or what?

Edit: Wow lots of posts since I was away xd.png thats cool anyway though, wonder what else changes?

Edited by sunsteps88

Anyone know if they ever change back?? I clicked a picture somewhere, of the tan one, its lineage showed white, and when i clicked it to view it showed white. Then on another I viewed, the lineage of an egg, the mother was tan (egg normal), and tan when I viewed it... So they change back or what?

Edit: Wow lots of posts since I was away xd.png thats cool anyway though, wonder what else changes?

Yeah, they seem to change back after 24 hours.

Edited by Nyastara

Mine just returned to normal as well. Perhaps the OP could edit their first post to mention both this and which breeds have proven reactive so far?

The Lumina-waterhorse pairing must be new, because I tried it earlier in this thread and got no shedding, LOL! :-)

Oh, so this is a little temporary gimmick of some sorts? :o How intriguing. Always nice to see new stuff in the cave. <: Oh you luminae, your vanity is awesome. Makes me like them even more (and think that giving them my current breeding project was a perfect fit :P)

Hurrrr, those silly Lumanie are crazy. So vain. I wonder why TJ chose them to 'test-drive' his new idea?

I am working on a turp x lumi with cb snow angel parents lineage with my sis (dont think she's on forum.)

According to the dragacve wikia: Lumina dragons change color for 24 hours after they are bred to Turpentines or Waterhorses, although they will not change color if there is a refusal.

This is a reaction to the mildy toxic oil the Turpentines and the gelatinous goo the Waterhorses are covered with. The Luminas remove their scales in order to get rid of the oil or goo, so their color changes to reflect their scaleless body. (As the Luminas' description states that, "if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they'll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last.")

At the moment it is unknown if the bred eggs of a Lumina x Turpentine/Waterhorse couple are affected by this or will hatch into scaleless Luminas.

So, I wonder, if lumina turned from the excretion on water horse when breeding, why don't they turn from breeding with albino? Quoted from the description, "Instead, to help protect their bodies from the sun, they are coated in an oily secretion that blocks the sun’s harmful rays." Similar idea to water horses, no?

So, I wonder, if lumina turned from the excretion on water horse when breeding, why don't they turn from breeding with albino? Quoted from the description, "Instead, to help protect their bodies from the sun, they are coated in an oily secretion that blocks the sun’s harmful rays." Similar idea to water horses, no?

No idea - but they don't (just tested...)