Goldenbrail realised he didnt know where they were either, he had a look around but found nothing he remembered.

"Well we're in the middle of nowhere, but we can still sleep here, right?"

He looked at the other dragon questionally

((Questionally, is that a word? tongue.gif))

Mirera regretted shouting at them. she had panicked, for a moment. She wondered what kind of person would be fit for such a situation. She might have to be strict with them, but she wanted them to know that she wasn't being mean to them. By now, it was almost a habit. she couldn't remember a time when she had simply been herself. Come to think of it, all this acting, hiding her feelings had become being herself. she snapped herself out of musing.

"Mirera. This is weporui's land. desert, you know, not nowhere."

With her paw, she dug at the sand. white powder filled the hole quickly.

"A Hole to sleep in isn't going to happen. you'll need someone to keep guard.."

Both clearly wasn't in the shape to stay up.

"I can do it, if you want."

Mirera said, softening her voice.

Edited by sueprin

"We'll take it in turns..... You go first, then Luna and I.... I'll make shelter.."

He walked off into the forest to get things to build a shelter, he realised it would take to long so he broke a tree with a hollow inside. He broke 3, one for each of them.

"Thanks." she climbed into her tree but couldn't sleep for some reason despite how tired she was. It was very annoying. Eventually she just decided to get up and talk to Mirera. "So this is a desert?" she asked. "wow, I could never live here. Sorry you must think otherwise."

"It's hard to live here, true, but you see that?"

mirera said dreamly, pointing at the horizon. Sky was blue. really, really, deep dark blue, with stars that glowed shyly. beneath, the ladscape merged in to oone and another shadows.

"Desert night is the most beutiful thing in the world, you know. I lived here all my night and it's still so amazing..."

((OOC:desert night imige))

Edited by sueprin

((Swefty, that will work. Sorry if I kept you waiting for my reply))

About an hour later, Jade awoke with a start. She had tons of things to get done before Cym was back with the hatchlings. She remembered that several of the hatchlings were water-dwelling dragons, and would need a nest in or next to the ocean. She had never really rescued dragons who needed such nests, and was not quite sure what she would do. Maybe she could use the Rock Pool, but then how would she make the nests? Pulling herself up from the sandy floor, she decided that she would need to go to the Garden of Life, and, possibly, the Crocodile Swamp in search of plants to make the nests. Jade walked towards the entrance and flew down into the jungle, hoping that she would be back before Cym.

As she arrived at the Garden of Life, Jade began to consider her options. Maybe Slankweed would work, but that was a freshwater species and it wouldn't survive long. Heading towards the saltwater pond, she looked at the plants. Kipa vine could work. If it liked the Rock Pool, it would grow into nests in a matter of hours. Grabbing the stone knife on the side of the pond, she cut several lengths of it. After rinsing the knife off and untangling herself from an angry Varka vine, Jade flew over to the Rock Pool. Setting down the Kipa, Jade began to decide how to make the nests. Eventually, she found ten places. If the Kipa stretched between the rocks to form a hammock-like bed, that would work. Maybe it could even grow down into the water, so the water dwelling hatchlings could climb just like the ones on dry land.

Stretching the Kipa across the rocks, Jade asked the vines to create the nests she had imagined. The vines cautiously creeped down into the water, and apparently satisfied, they began to carry out her orders. Jade watched the vines as they grew thicker, and thicker, until they finally flowered and stopped growing.

((I updated the first few posts with info on the plants and the Rock Pool.))

Edited by cavygirl12

d oThe lava pit was right in front of Swefty. Dragons say on the brink of death, your life flashes before you. All the memories, even from laughing at her brother to being picked on at town for being poor andher only memory of her dad and mom flashed by her. And at that moment, she knew she couln't give up. Summoning all the energy was left in her body, she twisted her whole body sideways. Her sharp wings sliced through the rope. Suddenly she was free. Her captors were momentarily blinded by shock. That was all she needed. Back at home, her only friend, Javey, had taught how to fight. Now she unfurled her sharp wings and swung around. The sharp ends of her wings floored the sacrifiers. Quickly, adrenaline pumping, she sprinted out of the building she was captured in.

((Am I allowed to skip some parts if they're pretty irrelevant to the story? Like, most of this tour. Cym's the only non-NPC here after all.))

"And this is the field of rocks," Cym said, skirting around a boulder. This stuff all landed here when the volcano erupted around a hundred years ago. There are a lot of good hiding spots, if you guys want to play hide and seek later..." Cym grinned. "And a lot of good caves for exploring! Oh, and over that way there are some cliffs. Jade doesn't like it when we go near there them because she's worried we'll slip and fall." Kira's not breathing down my neck and Jade's probably still asleep...damn it, I shouldn't have promised not to go near the cliffs. "You guys can check it out later, I guess. Make sure no one sees you though. Anyway, that's pretty much it. Have I missed anything?" He looked at the hatchlings questioningly, then shook his head. "Right. You wouldn't know. Let's get back to the orchard."

Once they arrived at the orchard, Cym looked around. "Hmm, Jade doesn't seem to be here yet...oh! Guys, over here." He wove through the trees and came to a stop in front of the rock pool. "Hey! You're feeling better now? What are you doing there?"

((Yes, that's fine, it would get pretty boring if you had to do the whole thing.))

Jade didn't notice Cym until he was right next to her. "Hey! You're feeling better now? What are you doing there?" Cym asked.

"I'm making some new nests for the water dwelling hatchlings," Jade replied. "Cym, you can go do whatever you want. I'll be helping these hatchlings get settled. Tell Kira that she should take the other hatchlings back to the fruit orchard, the water seems a bit rough and if there is a storm I don't want them near the beach."

Edited by cavygirl12

"Alright, alright." Cym wondered why he had to run so many errands today. "You know what, you non-water hatchlings just go on ahead to the fruit orchard. Kira's the older white hatchling, talk to her and she should get you set up. You can all tell her that I didn't go anywhere near the cliffs, alright? Ugh, I really don't want to deal with her right now." Cym took off, flying over the orchard in the direction of the garden. He planned on taking a walk around there, and maybe take a quick peek at the jungle while he's at it. Cym loved it when Jade asked him to do whatever he wanted - it was practically an invitation to sneak off.

As Cym flew off, Jade realized that she probably shouldn't have told Cym to do whatever he wanted. He would probably get himself in trouble, but she might as well trust him- it seemed like he had done a good job with the hatchlings anyway. Jade turned to the remaining hatchlings. The non-water ones had gone to the fruit orchard, leaving seven water-dwelling hatchlings with her. "You can go there," Jade said to a young Seawyrm Pygmy, pointing to the farthest nest. She continued to assign nests until all of the hatchlings were happily settled in their own nest. "We'll be eating dinner in about an hour. Feel free to explore, but stay away from the cliffs and be careful- there could be a storm and you'll be safest in this pool," Jade told the hatchlings. She then turned around and walked to the fruit orchard to check on the rest of the hatchlings.

(sorry it took so long for me to get back)

Luna looked to where the moonstone hatchling was pointing. The sky was almost indigo and the stars were coming out. They were brilliant and were like points of hope in the never-ending sky. "It is beautiful," she agreed. "I have never seen the sky like this. Back in the forest and the jungle the trees and plants blocked the sky and I rarely got to see it. Even back home in the mountains the night sky was never like this. No wonder nebula dragons live here." The sky almost matched her scales. Both were a rich deep blue but Luna's lacked the indigo tint and the shining pinpoints of light that were the stars.

Goldebrail looked at the sky above the desert, he stared at it,

"Wow.... it is brilliant.... We'll im going to sleep. Wake me up when its my turn to guard. He walked towards his log, he decided against going inside so he lied on the top on his back looking at the sky.

Mirera couldn't stay up anymore. night was at least half gone. she woke the gold one.

''Wake me if you see anyone."

Then she drifted to sleep. she could sleep for a week, she thought.

((Can you guys not advance the time so fast? At Maika, it's probably still day. At least wait for us to catch up or do it at a time where nothing much is happening anywhere.))

Cym landed at one end of the garden and slowly picked his way over to the other side, stopping every so often to examine the plants. Now he stood at the edge, facing the jungle with all its trees and vines. It looked harmless enough, even somewhat innocent with the light filtering through the leaves of the trees, but Cym knew it was just an illusion. He took a deep breath. Jade had gone to the jungle before, on several occasions, and she had come out of it alive every time. So it wasn't just as if the vines just came alive and strangled you the moment you tried to enter... Cym let the breath out slowly. Maybe he would just take a few steps into it, and turn back right away. Quite deliberately, he took one step, then another, then several more until he was completely outside the garden. So far, so good.

He stood on the spot for nearly a minute in indescision before hesitantly walking up to the base of the nearest tree. He prodded at a vine coiled around the base of it. Nothing happened. Cym let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. This wasn't so bad. And the crocodiles and giant bears and whatnot were deeper in, weren't they? He would be safe as long as he stayed close enough to the garden. Excited, he trotted further into the jungle and marveled at the odd plants he had never seen before. He turned to the left and kept walking, being careful to keep the garden within sight. This first trip was just to get a feel of the place, and he would venture in deeper another time. Feeling reassured at this thought, Cym relaxed and strode confidently on.

When Jade arrived at the Fruit Orchard, everything was reasonably calm. Most of the hatchlings were either resting in their nests, snacking on fruit, or playing with friends. Kira was actively patrolling the area, making sure that everyone was behaving. Jade did a head count. There were sixty-two hatchlings in the orchard, and seven in the pool, so one was missing. Where was Cym? "Kira, have you seen Cym?" asked Jade, panic in her voice. "No, I haven't," replied Kira, starting to sound a bit worried. "I thought he was with you. He was sneaking off to the Forbidden Cliffs this morning, but I caught him. Maybe he tried again." Upon hearing this, Jade immediately took flight, shooting towards the Forbidden Cliffs as fast as she could.

Cym looked up from a patch of little red flowers and suddenly realized that he could no longer see the garden.

He frowned, puzzled. Had he made a wrong turn somewhere? Last he checked, the garden was still well within sight. He looked around. There seemed to be more vines than before, curling around the trees and snaking across the ground. The place seemed a lot darker, too; Not nearly as much sunlight was reaching the ground. Something growled in the distance, making Cym jump. He scrambled up the nearest tree, trying not to get tangled in the net of vines, and climbed to the top. Looking around, he spotted the garden in the distance. Whoa. How'd I get so far away? It seemed like just a few minutes since I started walking... Cym took off and flew towards the orchard. He would try again, but definitely not now.

((Goldenbrail and Luna went to desert, met Mirera and is sleeping now, Sweftly is escaping from a sacrifice, jade came back to Maika island and built the homes for escaped hatchlings, and is looking for Cym, who is in the Maika island jungle.))

Edited by sueprin

When Jade arrived at the cliffs, she could see no proof that a dragon had recently been on them. Checking the water, she decided that Cym wasn't there. Letting out a sigh of relief, she began to think about where he could have gone. Maybe he was at the swamp, or just wandering in the jungle. Hoping for the best, Jade started to fly high above the island, looking for him. Soon, she saw a bright yellow speck fly out of the jungle and towards the orchard. Jade was going to swoop down and scold him, but mature hatchlings were technically allowed in the jungle, and she had told him to do whatever he wanted, so it really wouldn't make sense. She'd just tell him to let her know if he would be going. After all, the parts of the island where the hatchlings can go were rather boring, and Cym wasn't the kind of hatchling that you could keep trapped in a small area.

The sky was starting to darken, and it was past dinner time. Jade hurried down, wanting to get everyone fed as quickly as possible.

((Is it night or day right now, Half of the chars are in day, half in night -.-))

((I am trying to get Maika Island so it is night, but a few people haven't posted yet so they are in the day. We should try to get everyone to night before anyone continues to the next day.))

((Oh, I'm flying to China tomorrow and staying there for 20-ish days. I'll post, but probably not frequently and at odd times.))

As Cym flew towards the orchard, he noticed Jade circling the island above him. What was she doing up there? All of the other hatchlings were probably in their nests, so... Looking for me then, no doubt. So much for the I-was-just-strolling-in-the-garden excuse then. Cym noticed that he had completely overshot the orchard while lost in his thoughts, and made a u-turn back, landing just in front of his tree.

"Cym! You had us worried there. Where were you? Did you try to go to the cliffs again? I swear-" Cym turned to see Kira looking up at him from the base of the tree. "Oh, hey. I was in the garden. And went to the jungle briefly, but mature hatchlings are allowed to, so there." He glared at Kira. "I keep my promises when I decide to make them, okay? Shut up. Hey, is that Jade coming?" He jumped out of the tree and headed towards her. "Hey!" Behind him, Kira rolled her eyes and followed.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day