Loria hardly had time to tell her father not to go after them before he did. Swooping down to the dragons fleeing, he flew along with the rest of the chasers. "Dad!" She cried out before running after them. She knew he couldn't catch up with them, but after seeing those hatchlings in the bushes, she knew she could help them and get away with saying she tried to get them back.

"Im Goldenbrail.... Where do we go next?"

He continued to follow Luna through the skies, he looked behind and no one was chasing them. He hoped no one else would suddenly catch up, he flew faster so he was flying next to Luna.

"So you dont know telepathic speaking?"

((Sorry for the inactiveness))

Meanwhile, in the Ionak Clan, Swefty woke up hazily, still wishing she had taken a couple extra hours of sleep. Shaking herself awake, she prepared for another day of life as normal. Or so she thought. The first couple hours went smoothly. She prepared sheep for breakfast for her younger brother and sister, and read them a couple dragontale stories. At midday, she went out to get some fresh air. The clean, fresh outside air was so much cleaner than her hut, which was built next to the hospital, where all the sick coughed and polluted the air. There was clearly a rank system. The wealthy live near thee center of the town, while the poor littered the outskirts. Time flew as she began daydreaming. Half an hour later she can back to her senses. She realized that she had left her younger siblings unattended for a long time. Wings flapping, she flew quickly back to her hut. What she saw there wanted to make her puke. Two higher rank dragons were dragging her little brother away.

"Stop!" She cried. The guards turned around staring at her blankly.

"I volunteer as sacrifice instead," she said bravely.

"Whatever, just take her," the smaller dragon said.

Just before Swefty was forced away, she cried to her sister who was older than her brother, "Take care of your brother!" Swefty's sistesr choked back tears and nodded.

((Ow my fingers hurt typed this on an iPhone))

Cym nudged the dried orange down the last step to Jade's cave and watched as it tumbled down the volcano to the bottom. Kira hadn't let him go back to the field of rocks, thinking that he'd surely try to get to the cliffs again. He supposed it was a reasonable thing to assume - he probably would have, after all - but it was still frustrating. There were a few caves near there that he hadn't fully explored yet, he knew. It was the only thing left to do on this island. He got up, intending to retrieve the orange and bring it back up.

Briefly, the turpentine hatchling's eyes flicked upwards and caught sight of something in the sky. He squinted, and saw that it was a black speck, growing slowly larger as it approached the island. Jade was back! Forgetting about the orange, Cym moved to the side to give her a large space to land. Did she have any new hatchlings with her? There weren't any dragons from the clans trailing her, or at least that he could see, so it must have been relatively successful. Feeling excited, he craned his neck forward for a better look.

Reginald was catching up. He had a late start on the two runaways but he could barely see them. And that was good considering that almost everybody behind him and some in front of him coulnt even see a glimpse of them. Loria's yells were drowned put by the wind sliding past him.

(Talk about it, most of my typing is on my iPod so I've gotten used to it....)

Edited by FlowerOwl

Soon, Jade arrived at Maika Island. It was a bit past noon, and the hatchlings were playing in the Field of Rocks. As she flew closer to her cave, she noticed that Cym was waiting near the entrance, looking excited. Landing heavily on the hard rock, Jade set down the four hatchlings she was holding and allowed the ones on her back to climb down.

Back at the sacrifice rock, it was chaos. Dragons were flying everywhere, and most was confused. Someone shouted.

"Follow them!"

"They are caught already! No reason to do that."

Mirera shouted. he believed it, and everyone was too confused to see who had spoken it. inside, her heart swelled. Jade. she had heard about her once. a rebel who stole eggs and hatchlings, mocking the leaders in the bright daylight. If anyone could overthrow the leaders, it would be her.

And she, Mirera was planning to join her, someday.

As they flew Luna told Goldenbrail her story. "I technically am not alive. I was nearly sacrificed but pretended to die. Luckily it was for the water god so they were drowning the hatchlings and not stabbing them. I swam off and have lived alone ever since. I am self taught and learned only the things I needed to survive. I learned to fly last night, that's when i grew my wings. So no I never learned telepathy. You are the first dragon I have spoke with since I 'died'. I'm heading to the sea but I'm not sure where I'll go after that. Probably to a deserted island where there aren't any dragons," Luna finished. Then she added, "thanks for helping me. But why are you anyway?"

Edited by Arrianna_of_lyne

Swefty was dragged all the way to the sacrificial chamber, where she lay bound to a rock with rope. Minutes dragged into hours as she lay there, thinking about all the good and bad things she had done. Finally, after several hours, a dragon in full armor flung open the doors to the sacrificial chamber and said, "The time for sacrifice has arrived." Behind the dragons, 4 more appeared and proceeded to carry Swefty and the rock to the lava pit.

((Can someone save Swefty?))

((Arrianna, sacrifice is spelled with two "i"s. Plz. //grammar nazi))

Cym rushed up to Jade and surveyed the new hatchlings. "You got a lot of them today! Which clan did you go to? Tianero? Wow, they don't usually sacrifice this many at once, do they? It's like it's one of their holidays today or something. Wait, is it?" Cym blinked and looked back and forth from the hatchlings to Jade. "Oh, uh, sorry. You're probably pretty tired, right?" I can probably bother the hatchlings for the story later, anyway. "Is there anything you need me to do?"

((Yes, do you want her to go to Maika Island or just escape?))

((Escape, have someone eliminate the guards maybe?

Goldenbrail listened to Lunas fake death story,

"Nice one, faking your death....."

He listened to the rest of what she said then answered,

"I just hate watching the sacrifices, i saw you helping and took my chance...."

((Swefty: Should she be in the group that was at the sacrifice Jade rescued from? She could have escaped into the bushes but not gone to the clearing.))

Before Jade could say anything, Cym started asking her all sorts of questions. Barely listening, Jade decided that Cym could show the hatchlings around. "Cym, I need you to do some things for me. Tell Kira that I'm sleeping and that she is in charge. Then, you can give these hatchlings a tour of the island, but stay away from the Forbidden Cliffs. When you are done, bring the hatchlings back to me so I can assign them nests. I am trusting you, don't disappoint me. By the way, it is Rain Day, and everyone was gathered in Tianero territory for the sacrifices. The clan dragons will be having their parade around now." With that, Jade turned around and headed into her cave for some much needed sleep.

Edited by cavygirl12

(Sorry for inactiveness)

Reginald retreated back to Ireila's side, where zone dragons were trying to attend to her new wound. Loria decided it was to late for her, yet again. She had many chances like this before, and others unlike this. But as usual, they always failed. While her father was cursing under his breath, she walled beside him, and sat down to see the next sacrifice.

((Yeah, how about she ran away into the bushes and waited until the sacrifiers left))

"thank you," Luna said again. She was pretty sure that she wasn't going to fall so she slowed down. Goldenbrail adjusted to her slower, less frantic pace. They flew towards where they guessed was the sea. Luna wanted to find the black dragon and follow her (Luna was sure that the black dragon had been a female) but she had lost sight of the other dragon as soon as she had started her distraction. They flew for a few hours until the sun was starting to set. The wind was blowing many thermals their way. Luna thought nothing of it until she realized that it wasn't just thermals but the air itself that was carrying heat. She looked down and below them she saw that they weren't over the forest or jungle anymore. She wasnt sure where they were. 'well it seems we were wrong about which direction we are flying in,' thought Luna. "we will not make it to the ocean, I can guarantee it so we may as well start searching for somewhere to stay the night," Luna announced.

"Rain day?" That would explain the amount of water dragon hatchlings in a Tianero clan sacrifice. "Oh. Alright then." Not wanting to bother Jade any more, Cym made a mental note to ask one of the hatchlings about it later. "Well. You guys come with me, then." He gestured for the hatchlings to follow with one wing and trotted down the stairs to Jade's cave, looking back every so often to make sure the younger ones weren't falling behind. Kira was at the bottom of the steps, looking up at the cave. Cym greeted her cheerily upon reaching the bottom.

"Well? It was a success, then?" Kira asked anxiously.

"Yes, obviously. There's a bunch of new hatchlings following me, aren't there?" Kira began to reply, but Cym cut her off. "I don't know all the details either. Jade's pretty tired after getting away from the clan dragons. They're having Rain Day over there and they were probably pretty angry because she crashed their party." Cym grinned. "Anyway! You're staying in charge for now, and I'm going to take these guys around the island for a tour." Cym half-turned to leave, then added, "I won't go anywhere near the forbidden cliffs, alright? Stop bugging me about it." He rushed off before Kira could say anything else, the other hatchlings in tow.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Goldenbrail sighed,

"Why do we need to get to the ocean?"

He looked around for a water source and somewhere to stay for the night, he saw a small clearing with a nice river running through it. He telepathicly asked Luna to follow him then he dived down next to the river and began drinking some water.

"We could stay here for the night...."

"this must be the only area for miles that has water." Luna said, as she gazed around at their settings. "It is a wonder that there are not other dragons here." she had an uneasy feeling about everything. Something wasn't right besides the nearly unbearable heat. Shouldn't there be other dragons there? She hadn't seen any water until Goldenbrail had spotted this little area since they left the forest. Then again she hadn't seen much at all since she left the forest because she was focusing so much on staying ahead of the angry dragons that had wanted to sacrifice her to the gods in order to make up for the 'sacrifices' she had let get away. But still... There had to be some reason that no one else was there. Poisoned water? Hopefully not or else her new friend Goldenbrail would be dead. She didn't think that was the case though. Then what was it?

"Who cares, most dragons are in clan lands...."

He finished drinking water then ran off into the trees to find food, he telepathicly told Luna that he was getting food. He saw a rabbit wich he killed, he couldnt see any other food so he ran back to Luna and threw the rabbit at her feet.

Mirera slowly trudged back to her home. she had stayed awake all day today, thanks to the blasted sacrifice. Far away, she thought see saw a figure. Two figures, as it turned out. could it be... yes, it was.

She ran toward the dragons. Royal blue dragon and a shining gold. Mirera hissed.

"What are you doing here! you'll get caught!"

She looked around. there was no one else.

"The ocean is that direction. You've come the opposite way! you're lucky no one found you." She sighted. they wasn't fit for the desert. As much as she loved them, they were hard to live in, after all. temperature would soon soar down. What was she going to do?

Edited by sueprin

Goldenbrail looked at the dragon,

"We're probably already been followed, we're just staying here for the night.... Who are you anyway? Im Goldenbrail, and this is Luna....."

He looked in the direction of the ocean that the new dragon pointed too, he realised it would be another long flight.

"Well should we go?" Luna was tired and really wanted to sleep. "Where are the other dragons anyway? This is the only place for miles that has water yet it is only us here." She yawned. "Could we just sleep here for the night? Not right here but somewhere hidden in a pile of sand or something?" After a pause she asked, "so where are we? I've never been here before."